The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #951
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
The mo-cop guy is the stand in for Michael Shannon.

The recently released picture is before the stand off in Smallville. This fight takes place shortly after Zod's arrival on Earth and is the start of the second act.
Now how on Earth would you know that?

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #952
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
http://www.totalfilm.com/features/man-of-steel-the-complete-guide/

Cool article timeline of Man of Steel's development history
Wow; it's pretty cool to see, or to go back and read about all of the close calls that we've had in terms of potentially going down the wrong direction for the character since I feel that the direction that we have now is perfect.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #953
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I'm already itching for new footage Lol. I really hope we get a Superbowl TV spot.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #954
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Now how on Earth would you know that?
Just talking out of his ass like so many other.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #955
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

I really want a poster focusing on Zod and the villains.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #956
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I really want a poster focusing on Zod and the villains.
Hell; I'd take a picture of that at this point.lol

Old 01-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #957
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I think we are so desparate we would even take a picture of Zod's beard under the word 'Kneel' at this point.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #958
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Yeah we're 5 months out and still don't have an official look of Zod or Faora. Pretty amazing. WB's playing it all really close to their chest, which I think bodes well in that they're very confident in what they're protecting.

Ok here's reason no. #974 for how the JL film would ruin everything:

Goyer says MOS is the right movie for the times and the trailer implies a deep story and high drama. This means that the story is going to 'have something to say' just like all of Nolan/Goyers films.

What does a JL film have to say other than these heroes will 'band together' in times of crisis. Just like The Avengers which worked because it embraced humor and tongue-in-cheek. Tainting the heavy tone of MOS and TDK for lighter, humorous fare just shouldn't be worth it. The Avengers was also voted Most Overrated Film by a landslide. It just shouldn't be a WB pursuit to just shamelessly rip if off. They could strive for greatness. But they just eye the $$$.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #959
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
What does a JL film have to say other than these heroes will 'band together' in times of crisis.
I hate when things I haven't read are totally shallow.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #960
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Avengers was not overrated. Who's to say that JL movie will follow the same light heartedness that Avengers did? What if JL is the darker hero collaboration?
I agree that Avengers could have gone slightly more serious and darker, but I am perfectly fine with the finish product.

If people were as optimistic as they were pessimistic about these films then we would be better off lol. It's funny how a trailer for MoS comes out and fans get happy and giddy, but three weeks after the trailer and no other real news causes them to speculate the film's success, question whether Supes is emo, and how a Justice League film can play apart of the MoS world when no one has even seen the film yet.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #961
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I hate when things I haven't read are totally shallow.
OK. But what can it say?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #962
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
OK. But what can it say?
Anything, really. We know next to nothing about it. It's not out of the realm of possibility that a theme will be involved.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #963
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Avengers was not overrated. Who's to say that JL movie will follow the same light heartedness that Avengers did? What if JL is the darker hero collaboration?
I agree that Avengers could have gone slightly more serious and darker, but I am perfectly fine with the finish product.

If people were as optimistic as they were pessimistic about these films then we would be better off lol. It's funny how a trailer for MoS comes out and fans get happy and giddy, but three weeks after the trailer and no other real news causes them to speculate the film's success, question whether Supes is emo, and how a Justice League film can play apart of the MoS world when no one has even seen the film yet.
Well we have seen TDK trilogy which is rumored just as much to be shoehorned into this JL 'cohesive' universe.

So we can ask ourself if a JL film can play apart of the TDK world. And... well it would ruin it.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #964
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Well we have seen TDK trilogy which is rumored just as much to be shoehorned into this JL 'cohesive' universe.
It's not really shoehorning something into something though. Shoving Man of Steel, Justice League, and the solo movies into the eight years between Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises is shoehorning. Putting Man of Steel after Dark Knight Rises and Justice League after Man of Steel is just building onto the previously established foundation.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #965
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Anything, really.
Nah. They'll want it to be about independent characters begrudglingly banding together to take on insurmountable odds.

It limits what they can have it touch on thematically. At it's core it's just a trashy idea of showing the DC heroes back-to-back fighting.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #966
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:

So we can ask ourself if a JL film can play apart of the TDK world. And... well it would ruin it.
I agree with you here and a JL film would feel out of place and forced given the "real world" Batman that the Nolans/Goyer created.

That is why they should just go ahead and reboot Batman and have a new and different Batman for JL. Would it be nice to see Bale don the Batsuit again? Yes. However, if they need to reboot Batman and introduce a new Bats to fit in with the world of MoS & JL and have it make sense then I'm all for it.

Last edited by Midnight Black; 01-08-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #967
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Nah. They'll want it to be about independent characters begrudglingly banding together to take on insurmountable odds.

It limits what they can have it touch on thematically. At it's core it's just a trashy idea of showing the DC heroes back-to-back fighting.
Can you ask your inside source who is playing The Flash?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #968
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:

Were you this cynical when you watched JL & JLU lol? How did you feel about the pilot episode?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #969
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree with you here and a JL film would feel out of place and forced given the "real world" Batman that the Nolans/Goyer created.

That is why they should just go ahead and reboot Batman and have a new and different Batman for JL. Would it be nice to see Bale don the Batsuit again? Yes. However, if the need to reboot Batman and introduce a new Bats to fit in with the world of MoS & JL and have it make sense then I'm all for it.
Agreed and it's the same "real world" approach they're giving to Superman (perhaps even more so with all the raw, natural footage they've shown in the teaser/trailer) which for the same reasons makes me dread JL tainting it.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #970
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Can you ask your inside source who is playing The Flash?
Dude we're all here to discuss and speculate.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #971
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Were you this cynical when you watched JL & JLU lol? How did you feel about the pilot episode?
The animated series' were great. And they had the lighter more free and fun tone and approach that allowed for it all to fit together nicely, same as the Disney/Marvel movies.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #972
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Agreed and it's the same "real world" approach they're giving to Superman (perhaps even more so with all the raw, natural footage they've shown in the teaser/trailer) which for the same reasons makes me dread JL tainting it.
That's rumor and hearsay until the film actually comes out. Saying that they will give Superman a "real world" feel means that it will probably be vastly different than STM and Superman Returns. However, because this is Superman, an alien from another planet with super-powers it still allows room to up the fantasy.

Since MoS has space travel, alien world, and super-powers in the film then a JL film that involves those very aspects wouldn't be out of place and contrast the universe that MoS establishes.

However, since Nolan's Batman had none of those aspects it would IMO. But keep in mind that BatmanTAS had none of that and that show was able to transition to TNA to JL to JLU.

Personally though I would rather they introduce a new Batman, and I don't mean John Blake but a new Bruce/Bats that can function in MoS world.

Quote:
The animated series' were great. And they had the lighter more free and fun tone and approach that allowed for it all to fit together nicely, same as the Disney/Marvel movies.
I agree the series had a slightly lighter tone, but honestly the animated series were more serious than any of the Disney/Marvel films. Justice League was a pretty serious cartoon, though it had funny episodes here and there. If they did do a JL film with similar elements then a JL film could definitely work after MoS.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #973
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's rumor and hearsay until the film actually comes out. Saying that they will give Superman a "real world" feel means that it will probably be vastly different than STM and Superman Returns. However, because this is Superman, an alien from another planet with super-powers it still allows room to up the fantasy.

Since MoS has space travel, alien world, and super-powers in the film then a JL film that involves those very aspects wouldn't be out of place and contrast the universe that MoS establishes.

However, since Nolan's Batman had none of those aspects it would IMO. But keep in mind that BatmanTAS had none of that and that show was able to transition to TNA to JL to JLU.

Personally though I would rather they introduce a new Batman, and I don't mean John Blake but a new Bruce/Bats that can function in MoS world.

I agree the series had a slightly lighter tone, but honestly the animated series were more serious than any of the Disney/Marvel films. Justice League was a pretty serious cartoon, though it had funny episodes here and there. If they did do a JL film with similar elements then a JL film could definitely work after MoS.
Yes but the sci-fi nature of Superman comes with the territory. They're using this against a more real-world backdrop though. It's not rumor and hearsay when they show as much in the trailers... We're not completely stupid until the film releases, we can come to our own thoughts based on what they have shown us now.

There was sillyness in the TDK films too: A prison pit, ninjas, microwave emitters, doomsday bombs.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #974
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, it wouldn't. It would be cool as hell. And different from anything we've seen before.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #975
Robert Scorpio
Banned User

Hello Mates

Really looking forward to this film

Closed Thread