The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #426
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat
 
Parker Wayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 24,229
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Guys, these politicians can talk all they want, but a violent video game law will never pass because video games need to prove to be a "clear and present danger" to the people. The research from the ECA among other sources have revealed time and time again that video games, much like other mediums in the past, do not substantial negative effects on people to be proven to be a "clear and present danger" therefore video games are protected by the first amendment. These politicians are just going in circles, not to mention there's little proof that any of these past killers in the last year were even gamers, let alone hardcore gamers.

__________________
Take 5 seconds to vote for Me in my Deathmatch! If I win, I will change my username to the most popular name suggested.

Potential Username Suggestion Thread



Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #427
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,218
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

I have so many games in my back catalog that I wont buy anymore until Ive beaten at least 3. If I dont have time to complete the games I already own then I dont need to be buying any new ones. I'll be completing Devil May Cry 1 soon and then plan on making my way through the rest of the 2 PS2 titles

Havok83 is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #428
Fading
>:(
 
Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,209
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Another PS4 rumor http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/dispatches/107. I like the idea of a controller being linked to an account. It would help a lot with restricted save files. Outside of cloud saves, it's impossible to move my Dragon Age Origins saves to PS4. If a controller were tied to an account, and allowed to store saves, I'd be a lot less worried about a console dying. Let alone having to use a thumbdrive to back saves up every few weeks, since the controller would probably auto update. The only problem being this rumor says 8GB, where the other rumors say 4GB. So who knows.

__________________
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Fading is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #429
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 51,354
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Interesting. I'd have to think about it a bit more before I'd support it fully but if just an extra option alongside all current save systems (rather than replacing anything) it can only be a good thing.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #430
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,218
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

For controllers to have that feature would mean they would have to have their own set of memory which would likely cause a price increase. People thought the dualshocks got expensive at $54.99 this gen, so Id imagine this would be even higher. At least it would be something different but to me the cloud saving is always the best option.

Havok83 is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #431
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert
 
SpideyVille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The little part of the Big Apple
Posts: 20,756
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

I don't know if I like that. I agree that the Dual Shock now is a bit expensive. I only have the one that came with my system from 2010, but its been giving me issue for the year where it becomes near impossible to play games at times because the buttons either don't work are work as though other buttons are being pressed. Because of this, I often have to borrow one of my brother's controllers since he as several.

__________________
SpideyVille is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #432
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 51,354
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
For controllers to have that feature would mean they would have to have their own set of memory which would likely cause a price increase. People thought the dualshocks got expensive at $54.99 this gen, so Id imagine this would be even higher. At least it would be something different but to me the cloud saving is always the best option.
Well that's a good point.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #433
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,637
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
Another PS4 rumor http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/dispatches/107. I like the idea of a controller being linked to an account. It would help a lot with restricted save files. Outside of cloud saves, it's impossible to move my Dragon Age Origins saves to PS4. If a controller were tied to an account, and allowed to store saves, I'd be a lot less worried about a console dying. Let alone having to use a thumbdrive to back saves up every few weeks, since the controller would probably auto update. The only problem being this rumor says 8GB, where the other rumors say 4GB. So who knows.
Well that is probably impossible no matter what if the system isn't backwards compatible.

The Squirrel is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #434
Fading
>:(
 
Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,209
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

You can transfer PS1, and PS2 saves over to PS3. I have my original FF7 data from PS1 on my PS3. Plus, Mass Effect 4 is said to be using exported data, but will probably be a nextgen title, like Dragon Age 3 is supposed to be. Which would mean you'd have to transfer your PS3 saves over to PS4, or 360 to Nextbox for it to work.

I just said that about DA Origins, because the save is locked. For some reason Bioware restricted it to where you can't transfer it to a thumbdrive. I had tons of hours poured into the game over 3 complete save titles. My PS3 died, but I couldn't back up the saves (this is before they added cloud saving). So I had to start completely over again.

__________________
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Last edited by Fading; 02-01-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Fading is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #435
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,218
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

You see that's not a system thing. The controller syncing wouldn't automatically solve that issue bc it's a developer issue as Bioware chose to lock the save. They could have just as easily not placed that restriction. I never understood why some developers do

Havok83 is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #436
jacobed
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,646
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...-madden-nfl-25

Dumbest name change ever

jacobed is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #437
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,828
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Haha the Madden name has been dumb since they started calling it "Madden Ten". Once we hit 2010 they should of gone back to Madden 20XX.

Heres hoping the next game is good tho, havent enjoyed that series in quite a while. They need to take notes from MLB the Show and more so, the NBA 2K series.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #438
jacobed
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,646
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

I actually enjoyed madden 13. I thought the gameplay was smooth and fast pace but the so called new physics engine had a lot of problems like Adrian Peterson tripping over a linemans foot every single time I ran up the middle. That is just dumb. They need to look at NBA 2k series as to how they make it feel and look like you're playing the real thing. MLB the show was amazing like 4 years ago but I feel like they've just been coasting on that good reception they got because each game since then hasn't been great.

jacobed is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #439
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,218
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I hear Capcom is releasing Mega Man 25 to counteract

Havok83 is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #440
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,828
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
I feel like they've just been coasting on that good reception they got because each game since then hasn't been great.
Yea youre spot on there. I just mean in terms of overall presentation. I thought the show has done a good job in comparison, altho madden has made LEAPS in that department. No sports sim tops 2K in commentary tho. Its fantastic. Im hoping NCAA 2014 will get a new commentary system this yr.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #441
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,687
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

CNN anchor tries and fails to link game violence to real violence

David Jaffe's response:

Quote:
Dear @ErinBurnett : you, ma'am, are at best an idiot that @cnn should be ashamed to have as an anchor. At worst, you are the worst kind of American: one who has allowed the healthy desire for success to morph into a capitalistic cancer that makes it ok to ignore the facts in order to make your product more appealing, regardless of the consequences. To make matters worse, your own views about video games- which you seem to have no problem sharing with your hundreds of thousands of viewers- clearly have not been formed by any actual research or real life experience with the medium.

I am sure you will think yourself quick and insightful when you tell me- a video game director/designer accusing someone from another industry of making products for profit regardless of consequence- that I am the pot and you are the black kettle. However, if you actually listened to your guests and read the studies (aka if you actually did some....some....hmmm, what's that word you journalists have for it? Oh right: RESEARCH!) you would see you are wrong; you would see there remains- after years of studies- zero evidence of video games with violent subject matter causing real life violence.

On the flip side- you know: YOUR side- there is very real evidence that our society suffers greatly when our news media fails to properly inform the public.

The fact that you think a guy who 'trains'* on a shooting video game would be granted the skill to horrifically, tragically kill those CHILDREN in Norway only serves to show how little research you do before you open your mouth in front of your world wide audience under the guise of delivering news. I'm not sure what makes your argument look more ignorant: the fact that you don't back up your idiotic statement by showing a correlation to the current health of America's agriculture sector with the popularity of Farmville OR the fact that the sick, deranged evil loser who killed those poor kids in Norway had picked such a poor 'training' tool that after 700 hours of play, he was only capable of hitting little kids with his bullets versus the well armed pretend terrorists and highly skilled virtual soldiers that he was battling in the game.

Shame on you. But more importantly: shame on your profession. It deserves so much better.**

David

*'Train' is such a stupid, irresponsible verb that you- without a shred of guilt- chew into with relish and repeat over and over because you know it helps sell your false story.


** I know journalism deserves better than you because I really love Sorkin's The Newsroom plus I saw Broadcast News back in high school at least 5 times (I had a crush on Holly Hunter- so sue me!) which means- in your world- I must have the equivalent of a journalism degree from Columbia plus a few years experience working for The Washington Post (back in the 70's, I mean, when it was really something special). So because of that, I know you will trust me when I tell you that you are not right for your current job and that you should quit and go try to be on something like The View or try to act in a movie or some such.

Soapy is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #442
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5


__________________
Pomp and Circumstance【Mikasa & Annie】
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #443
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,828
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

LOL. Erin Burnett has always been a moron. Glad someone else took notice.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #444
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 51,354
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

http://www.edge-online.com/news/playstation-4-revealed/

Sony to release late in Europe again?

Would be dumb. The late PS3 release in Europe is what gave me that window to buy a 360 and start using that as my main games platform this gen.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #445
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant
 
Jick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Across the burning sands
Posts: 8,426
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Loved Jeff's response. He was never afraid of speaking what's on his mind.

__________________
Quote:
Lewis Black
"If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college."
Jick is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #446
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,218
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
http://www.edge-online.com/news/playstation-4-revealed/

Sony to release late in Europe again?

Would be dumb. The late PS3 release in Europe is what gave me that window to buy a 360 and start using that as my main games platform this gen.
It didnt matter. PS3 still ended up doing better in Europe. Its one of the main reasons why it never fell too behind the 360 in worldwide sales

Havok83 is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #447
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 51,354
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
It didnt matter. PS3 still ended up doing better in Europe. Its one of the main reasons why it never fell too behind the 360 in worldwide sales
Yeah but it might have dominated a hell of a lot more (PS2 style). There's always degrees of success. A lot of my XBox friends were die hard Sony fans. More of them had a PS2 than an XBox last gen.

If PS3 arrived on time me and many of my real life friends who game would never have bought an XBox and our present and future would be all Sony. Last gen was an important one in terms of future loyalty with people making online friends that they play with every day and now don't want to lose even if it means choosing the inferior console.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #448
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant
 
Jick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Across the burning sands
Posts: 8,426
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

It had an impact here in Brazil, too. People over here were all about Playstation, but the delay and the prices completely changed that. It's so hard now for me to find PS3 owners like I am.

__________________
Quote:
Lewis Black
"If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college."
Jick is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #449
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,218
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah but it might have dominated a hell of a lot more (PS2 style). There's always degrees of success. A lot of my XBox friends were die hard Sony fans. More of them had a PS2 than an XBox last gen.

If PS3 arrived on time me and many of my real life friends who game would never have bought an XBox and our present and future would be all Sony. Last gen was an important one in terms of future loyalty with people making online friends that they play with every day and now don't want to lose even if it means choosing the inferior console.
It was only 5 months and ultimately didnt negatively affect them. The delay was due to supply issues in manufacturing the bluray drive. Sony had 3 options, delay it worldwide until the following year, or go ahead and release in Japan/NA and delay EU or release in Japan/EU and delay in NA. The first option wasnt practical as that would have killed them. NA is the territory that was most critical and they needed to release the system that fall. EU unfortuantely tends to get the raw end of the deal in most cases. NA is MS' home turf and Sony couldnt afford to let them extend the lead even further. If it comes down again to a choice between NA and EU again, then Sony will and should choose to release in NA first. It may suck for you but they dont really have a choice at least if they want to remain viable

Havok83 is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #450
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 51,354
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

It was only 5 months and ultimately didnt negatively affect them. The delay was due to supply issues in manufacturing the bluray drive. Sony had 3 options, delay it worldwide until the following year, or go ahead and release in Japan/NA and delay EU or release in Japan/EU and delay in NA. The first option wasnt practical as that would have killed them. NA is the territory that was most critical and they needed to release the system that fall. EU unfortuantely tends to get the raw end of the deal in most cases. NA is MS' home turf and Sony couldnt afford to let them extend the lead even further. If it comes down again to a choice between NA and EU again, then Sony will and should choose to release in NA first. It may suck for you but they dont really have a choice at least if they want to remain viable
Well yeah my comment isn't an attack on Sony. They should release everywhere that it's ready as soon as its ready. No issue with that. But whether the reason for the delay is fair or not, the results are that a fair amount of people change their minds when something they've been anticipating for so long is not available and other good alternatives are. Btw 5 months is a LONGGGGG time to me!!

And end result of doing fine anyway also doesn't really tell the story. Who knows how much better they could have done & as a result the coming gen could have been almost assured. I would go so far as to say that 360 might have failed in Europe if Sony released on time. I've never even seen an original XBox in this country Again I'm not trying to attack Sony but delays are a big deal to many gamers.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE

Last edited by Iceman; 02-03-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Iceman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.