The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #701
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Yeah the rest of the cast are some of my favorites but fake Ash is kind of putting me off, would have rather they picked a character they actually could get the proper Voice actor for. :/

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #702
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upset Spideyfan View Post
Yeah the rest of the cast are some of my favorites but fake Ash is kind of putting me off, would have rather they picked a character they actually could get the proper Voice actor for. :/
it was most likely due to Bruce being busy with the up coming evil dead movie. he has a large cameo or cameo of some sort and there's still his show burn notice. one of my fave shows spy series wise . He's a busy man.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #703
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I was great at that game!
Filling the screen great?

I believe in the rightfulness of this campaign
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

#BanSawyer
Old 04-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #704
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Eh im calling BS on that .gif

Unless there is a video of the person actually playing, im saying fake.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #705
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Eh im calling BS on that .gif

Unless there is a video of the person actually playing, im saying fake.
I'm willing to give it to 1 in a 1,000,000

#BanSawyer
Old 04-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #706
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
No lol but much better than anyone else I know. And just by looking at that I think I could beat it, would just take absolutely ages & I haven't got that kind of patience. Just ignore the dots and keep the top line free. Then go up and down the full length of every column until you get to the end and then use the top line to go back to the start (& repeat till you beat). Don't take any short cuts once your snake gets long no matter how tempting. Incredibly boring solution but it should work.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #707
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
it was most likely due to Bruce being busy with the up coming evil dead movie. he has a large cameo or cameo of some sort and there's still his show burn notice. one of my fave shows spy series wise . He's a busy man.
I think he's saying what's the point Ash if you can't get Bruce

Old 04-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #708
Nathan

It's probably wish thinking to hope that they could patch in his voice at a later time.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #709
jacobed
Banned User

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...wsuit-extended

Probably one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. I really wish EA would counter sue every single person that does this.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #710
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I don't think it's a valid reason to sue although there are plenty of other good reasons for EA to get sued by gamers

Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #711
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
I don't think it's a valid reason to sue although there are plenty of other good reasons for EA to get sued by gamers
Name them.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #712
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...wsuit-extended

Probably one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. I really wish EA would counter sue every single person that does this.
LOL, i was actually part of that lawsuit. I signed up a few years back and i wanna say last semester or so i got a phone call from the secretary of the law firm that is doing that case asking if i wanted to continue with the lawsuit along with being a representative from my state in this case. I declined tho. I just didnt really care any more.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #713
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Name them.
There's many.

One eg..I bought a DLC for an EA game (FIFA) that couldn't be played at all. No game for 800 MSPs. Cool right?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #714
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

This is weird. I've always said I would never make the change to digital since I always liked having a physical copy of a game, but earlier today I was cleaning out my closet where I have most of my DVDs, and I decided to get rid of most of them since I've already moved to digital when it comes to movies. But for some reason, I can't see myself doing that with games.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #715
Nathan

I moved to mostly digital games on my PC. And that's only thanks to Steam. If PSN would offer sales like Steam, where some games get reduced up to 75%, I guess I'd make the jump to digital there too.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #716
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
There's many.

One eg..I bought a DLC for an EA game (FIFA) that couldn't be played at all. No game for 800 MSPs. Cool right?
Sounds like if u would of just called them up they would of fixed the issue or given out a refund.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #717
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I moved to mostly digital games on my PC. And that's only thanks to Steam. If PSN would offer sales like Steam, where some games get reduced up to 75%, I guess I'd make the jump to digital there too.
I think for me, its mostly because I haven't bought games as much lately, but have rented a ton of games. I usually rent a game and play it for a few days before sending it back, simply because that's how long it takes me to get all of the trophies. So its easier to get a physical copy of a game and send it back since there's no digital service that lets you do that.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #718
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Sounds like if u would of just called them up they would of fixed the issue or given out a refund.
Haha, so you're not that experienced with EA support then. I might have got my money back in the end but after wasting 2 hours it wasn't really worth the 800 MSP anymore. I've had about 12 issues with EA like this (& none with any other game company apart from 2K sports) and as a big sports fan I don't have much choice seeing as they have the license for nearly every single sport. It's a con. They pulled the online support for a game that was still very active and had not been out long as they do every year but left the online only DLC & online pass for sale for ages afterwards. And in the UK most people buy this game and I know of quite a lot of people who've bought an online pass and the servers are either already shut or shut soon after.

They try to force everyone to spend the full 40 every year solely through shutting everything down early unlike nearly all other companies (2K sports again a culprit) that utilise either the option to let Microsoft host servers for them or have a (free to them) peer to peer alternative for when the servers go down. Ever wondered why you can play most non-EA shooters online from as far back as the original 360 launch but EA sports games only from last year?

Most people (including me at the time) don't have a clue about & certainly don't track the internet for when game servers shut down. They assume that if it's being sold as new with multiplayer online play advertised all over the box as the main feature that you'll be able to play it.

If you're judging this company on the basis of games by talented studios they've taken over like Dice, Bioware & Crytek you're not understanding the problem & why they're getting voted worst company (by gamers mainly). They haven't been able to fully force their tactics so easily onto those guys as they can't risk that talent leaving. It would mean closing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer the minute the next game comes out or Battlefield 3 completely when 4 comes out but instead Dice have even managed to keep Bad Company 1 open so these games are not affected.. for now.

IF EA had their way you would be buying online passes & microtransactions to bypass DRM for always online consoles & activate a brand new game for which the servers would be instantly shut rendering their prepaid season passes unusable. And I don't even know what the hell happened with Sim City but I sure as hell knew which company were likely to be behind that mess

Old 04-16-2013, 01:55 AM   #719
jacobed
Banned User

Ea is the one company that does microtransactions right. Sin City's problems came from the developers way of making the game not Ea's decision. What happened when it failed? Ea offered anyone affected a free game and the games you could choose from were all AAA titles. The only license they actually own full rights to are NFL and UFC I believe. Which they use phenomenally, Madden 13 was the best Madden I've played in years.and they dominate hockey and soccer so no other company even bothers. They don't hold a monopoly, they're just good at making sports games.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:47 AM   #720
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
well they do, if you have Plus. Doesn't happen as often as Steam but its still there

Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #721
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

If EA underlings are messed up, don't see much of a reason to defend the management

#BanSawyer
Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #722
CJ
Derpy Derp

My Xbox360 red-ringed on me.

In related news, my PC is dead, and so I am posting this on a SEGA Dreamcast Web Browser.

Sonic Boom
This Fall on Cartoon Network

Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #723
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Another day & many more shutdowns. Only crappy facebook games but some have not even been out for a year!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...ks-press-start

The list for their closed games is getting crazy!

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Ea is the one company that does microtransactions right. Sin City's problems came from the developers way of making the game not Ea's decision. What happened when it failed? Ea offered anyone affected a free game and the games you could choose from were all AAA titles. The only license they actually own full rights to are NFL and UFC I believe. Which they use phenomenally, Madden 13 was the best Madden I've played in years.and they dominate hockey and soccer so no other company even bothers. They don't hold a monopoly, they're just good at making sports games.
They hold loads of sports licenses and it creates a monopoly as other games can’t use real player names, real tournaments, real stadiums etc. Too much of a disadvantage for a new game to try and compete.

Also do you know about FIFA microtransactions? And remember when all those Xbox accounts were hacked? The FIFA microtransactions were the reason and the method for XBox accounts being hacked & some for quite a lot of money. And it is all for something the game doesn’t need. The crazy grind was introduced in that game unlike previous games in the series just so that microtransactions could be sold. It’s ruined that part of the game completely as the only way to get the squad you need is by paying a ****load of money or playing it for 10 years straight. These things are now traded on ebay and elsewhere and noone knows whether the source is legit or hacked from an innocent person’s account. Of course no resolution or pulling off the transactions from EA (makes no difference to them if bought genuinely or if someone else uses your account to buy them)…just makes too much money!

Last edited by Iceman; 04-16-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #724
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
My Xbox360 red-ringed on me.

In related news, my PC is dead, and so I am posting this on a SEGA Dreamcast Web Browser.
I never touched the Dreamcast or read about it, DC web browser is news to me
I hope you can fix your damaged systems soon

#BanSawyer
Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #725
zenith16
Side-Kick

Axis Animation these guys are the new Blur.

Previews

Bringing to Life Halo 4: Spartan Ops

Jose finds out how 343 Industries collaborated with Axis Animation to bring the characters of Halo 4: Spartan Ops to life

source: EPD.TV/ROTR

Closed Thread