The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #801
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Sweet. Looking forward to seeing what they show off and how itll compare with Sony's event.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #802
jacobed
Banned User

Hopefully they studied Sony's ridiculous meh event and learn from it

Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #803
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Hmm, so with the new X-Box and PS4 most likely being revealed within the next few months, I wonder if Nintendo is realizing that they just can't compete against them head-to-head.
Quote:
No Nintendo Press Conference at E3 2013

Nintendo will not hold a major press conference at E3 2013. The news comes via comments from president Satoru Iwata at a Nintendo investors’ meeting tonight (as translated by Cheesemeister.

"Unlike previous years, we will not have a large-scale [E3] presentation directed to everyone in the world,” Iwata said according to the translation. “Instead, we are planning several smaller events focusing on software for America. Among these hands-on events will be one for American distributors and another for western media.”

We've reached out to Nintendo for clarification on Iwata's statement and will update this story with any comment we receive.

Developing…
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...064a4a2900003b

Old 04-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #804
Havok83
Side-Kick

Not really a good move for them. That almost sends out the message that they are giving up. Like they aren't even trying

Old 04-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #805
Soapy
It's happening again...

Doesn't bother me personally. They'll likely do one or more Nintendo Directs during E3, which in my opinion are better than the big, bombastic press conferences. However, willingly retreating into these smaller events probably makes them look very weak within the industry; Even moreso than they have since the Wii U launched. Besides saving a few bucks, I can't see how this move benefits them.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #806
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Weren't they supposed to reveal the next Mario and Smash Bros game this year though. I agree that it makes them look weak, but I can't help but feel like those games could've at least gotten them some attention.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #807
zenith16
Side-Kick

they just don't care about E3 any more. More and publishers are starting to see E3 as this colossal waste of money. So many publishers now have their own individual events where they have the spotlight all to themselves. which I'm sure they prefer now. Capcom have Captivate/Comic-Con, Namco Bandai have their Gamers Day, Nintendo have their Nintendo Directs and other events. Meanwhile, Take Two don't even need E3 for games like GTA. E3 is so strongly associated with hardware reveals at this point, that there really isn't a whole lot else you get out of it.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #808
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Hopefully they studied Sony's ridiculous meh event and learn from it

I'd rather MS do it somewhat similar in the sense it shows devs/gamers what their motto is, rather than just have "flash". I prefer substance over that. And saying that it was....."ridiculous" Ya right. It may have not been "flashy" but it had great content and a wonderful message that harkened back to the PSOne era when Nintendo was trying to control every aspect of what the devs did with their games and Sony came along and said free yourself, you are in control. That was the message/what they showed. To me that was more exciting then anything else.

Regardless, it should be exciting, I'm going to be interested what they have to counter offer with. I don't like the rumors of them using Windows 8 on it though. Windows 8 (like Gabe Newell) is terrible for devs, and gives MS way too much control.

This E3 will be one of the better ones in years, just with all the new console stuff out there.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #809
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Remember when MS made the games press wear flashy ponchos and used them in a commercial at E3? Good times.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #810
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Hmm, so with the new X-Box and PS4 most likely being revealed within the next few months, I wonder if Nintendo is realizing that they just can't compete against them head-to-head.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...064a4a2900003b
Disney buys Nintendo. You heard it here first.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #811
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Wow no Nintendo conference at E3? This has to be one of the few or first times Nintendo has not done a conference at E3.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #812
Soapy
It's happening again...

Times sure have changed. I remember when Nintendo had Spaceworld, their own private E3.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #813
Donut
Side-Kick

Nintendo will be at E3. They just wont be doing anything crazy like MS or Sony. As that article said NOTHING MAJOR at E3

Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #814
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I don't think it's a good idea whatever it saves in costs and however good their solo events are. E3 is THE big gaming event and many people only watch/read about that one. It's ok to have separate conferences as well but you need to have a strong presence at the main one or to many you just won't be seen as one of the big 3 any more.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #815
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
they just don't care about E3 any more. More and publishers are starting to see E3 as this colossal waste of money. So many publishers now have their own individual events where they have the spotlight all to themselves. which I'm sure they prefer now. Capcom have Captivate/Comic-Con, Namco Bandai have their Gamers Day, Nintendo have their Nintendo Directs and other events. Meanwhile, Take Two don't even need E3 for games like GTA.
Problem is they may have the spotlight but unless they are huge there will be many that don't tune into them at all. Their fans are going to buy their games. They want to appeal to buyers on the edge whose purchase decision could go either way. Those kind of people don't tune into multiple individual game conferences (hardware is different where the purchase choice is mutually exclusive for many). They usually look into the ones which they are already excited about and reasonably likely to buy. E3 is the opportunity to get your name out to others who aren't convinced by you/haven't heard about your game yet.
Quote:
E3 is so strongly associated with hardware reveals at this point, that there really isn't a whole lot else you get out of it.
And as far as AAA consoles go, the hardware reveals aren't exactly going to be common after this year.

Having a separate hardware conference like Sony & Microsoft are doing does make sense to me though.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #816
zenith16
Side-Kick

Unfortunely they have nothing big to announce , so it would be pointless being there unless there is some thing big to announce. Also what they really need to do to make their fans happy and draw in a new crowed is to announce when the games are coming out and put some those games out soon this year. that's what's killing them right now. It's the dry spell. un til it's one of those things they shouldn't bother. unless they want to be dumped on. what people care from them right is now if they will see a library of games from them this year? and how soon. That's what people want to hear from them.

That or that they are merging their console with some one like onlive's console maybe. that will put out titles of games faster possibly . hmmm may be not but it'll have people talking about them for a bit.

Last edited by zenith16; 04-25-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #817
Soapy
It's happening again...

My god. The hoops I had to jump through to register my copy of Dragon Age Ultimate Edition.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #818
jacobed
Banned User

Nintendo skipping isn't a big deal at all. They'll still have games playable there, they're usually about their other trade shows. They're smart, they know this year will be all about the ps4 and xbox, so why bother waste the money.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #819
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Nintendo skipping isn't a big deal at all. They'll still have games playable there, they're usually about their other trade shows. They're smart, they know this year will be all about the ps4 and xbox, so why bother waste the money.
Because of this, they seem smart, but the real problem with not having a conference is that these conferences are shown all around the world for people who can't go to the event to see. Its basically a giant spotlight where you have the opportunity to sell your product. Sure the media will play the games and gives us their impressions, but most people want to see a big and exciting presentation. I know Nintendo would get a big pop if they showed off some Smash Bros on the Wii U regardless of what Sony and Microsoft show.

I know its become a bit of a joke lately, but E3 is still the biggest gaming show out there, where every eye out there is on the gaming industry. Nintendo is basically waving the white flag here and as a consumer, I would be worried because its like they know they can't compete, which is ironic because last year was so hyped for their new system, and they dropped the ball so bad. And as for Nintendo Direct, I don't even know what that is, so I don't think that helps them all that much. Instead of trying to appeal to the audience they already have, they need to be looking out there for more, otherwise many will do like I did and eventually jump ship in favor for Sony or Microsoft. This is why I truly believe Nintendo will be done when it comes to the console market.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 AM   #820
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Just putting this in here as well as I think some will like the main quote.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-26-cd-projekt-red-there-is-no-place-for-multiplayer-in-so-strongly-a-story-driven-game-as-the-witcher-3

CD Projekt Red: "There is no place for multiplayer in so strongly a story-driven game as The Witcher 3"

Old 04-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #821
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

I cant wait to see that game on the next gen consoles. Ugh, just wish it wasnt so damn far away.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #822
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Because of this, they seem smart, but the real problem with not having a conference is that these conferences are shown all around the world for people who can't go to the event to see. Its basically a giant spotlight where you have the opportunity to sell your product. Sure the media will play the games and gives us their impressions, but most people want to see a big and exciting presentation. I know Nintendo would get a big pop if they showed off some Smash Bros on the Wii U regardless of what Sony and Microsoft show.

I know its become a bit of a joke lately, but E3 is still the biggest gaming show out there, where every eye out there is on the gaming industry. Nintendo is basically waving the white flag here and as a consumer, I would be worried because its like they know they can't compete, which is ironic because last year was so hyped for their new system, and they dropped the ball so bad. And as for Nintendo Direct, I don't even know what that is, so I don't think that helps them all that much. Instead of trying to appeal to the audience they already have, they need to be looking out there for more, otherwise many will do like I did and eventually jump ship in favor for Sony or Microsoft. This is why I truly believe Nintendo will be done when it comes to the console market.
The other thing, I thought Nintendo had a lot to announce/showcase this year, like all their truly big wii U games. I would definitely have been interested in their conference this year (after PS4 & XBox of course) but like you I also don't know when their own individual conferences are. Seems silly to miss out on the enthusiasm of people like me who are realistic potential buyers of their system (less so over the last couple of months) but need some big things to get excited about.

Last edited by Iceman; 04-26-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #823
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
I cant wait to see that game on the next gen consoles. Ugh, just wish it wasnt so damn far away.
Definitely, also interested to see what they do with Cyberpunk 2077. I'll back an honest gamer-friendly company all the way against the rest.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #824
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

I am feeling particularly epic today as I have beaten, with the aid of some good friends, the Dire Miralis several times over. Dire Miralis for the uninitiated is the final boss monster of the online quests G Rank level and newest Elder Dragon in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

- All I ask for is all that I already have.

- I bear no responsibility towards those who are the architects of their own problems. This is exactly what they've asked their willingly chosen slave drivers for...drama. So leave me out of it.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #825
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

hah, congrats. I mean i have NO idea what monster hunter is, but im sure thats quite an accomplishment.