The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 07-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
kvz5
HBIC

Default Batman-Superman Movie in 2015

From LAT:

Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. The studio declined to comment.

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.

– Nicole Sperling

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: Batman-Superman Movie in 2015

If true, I'm divided. On one hand I think it's the best way to introduce a new Batman. On the other hand the continuation of the Superman story started in MoS will probably suffer. The ideal would be a full on MoS sequel with Daily Planet stuff and introducing Luthor and after that do a World's Finest movie.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

I'd imagine it would involve luthor.

ЯɘvlveR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Might be the wrong board to say this in: But I hope that it's a World's Finest in Superman's world so to speak. Let Batman come to Metropolis, let Bruce interact with Lois/Daily Planet/Lexcorp and such instead of the other way around.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 07-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
Mr. Dent

I'm really disappointed they're giving this to Snyder and Goyer again. This is what I was afraid of when MoS was a success (and it was a guaranteed success...). They're going to reward the two for getting away with making a mediocre movie. -_-

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
hafizbat
Side-Kick

I thought they would bring in someone other than Goyer, or at least get another mind to work with him, after the lukewarm reception of MoS.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

goyer's the only thing I'm eh about.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I'm willing to give Goyer and Snyder another chance, MoS might have been a disappointment to me, but it was still pretty good with some fantastic high points. Unfortunelay as a whole it didn't all come together as fantastic. Let's make that happen the second time around!

Old 07-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #9
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

I'd love to see a movie where both Luthor and Batman are suspicious of this superpowered being, but Supes earns Batman's trust while Luthor becomes his permanent enemy. Could be an interesting entry point into both relationships.

Though to be honest I'd prefer Batman Reboot and MOS 2 before WF.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
jonathancrane
Side-Kick

Goyer works fine as an idea generator in conjunction with other writer/directors/etc; dialogue and individual scenes, on the other hand, are not his selling points. The "he's hot" scene in Man of Steel, terrible lines of dialogue from BB ("That's a nice coat," "Gotta get me one of those,") and pointless scenes with the water authority in BB stand out as elements that should have been purged before they made it to the shooting script, let alone final cut of the film.

*I will forgive the writers of Man of Steel, if Superman is the Enlightened Sun God he is supposed to be, in Superman vs. Batman. Quite simply, Superman does not kill. The writers of MOS failed to grasp this, to this film's detriment.
Favorite CBMs: 1) X2 2) The Avengers 3) CA:TWS 4) Watchmen 5) Batman: MOTP 6) The Dark Knight Rises 7) Thor: TDW 8) TASM 9) IM3 10) S/B: Apocalypse
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #11
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

Omgggggggg

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #12
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'm really disappointed they're giving this to Snyder and Goyer again. This is what I was afraid of when MoS was a success (and it was a guaranteed success...). They're going to reward the two for getting away with making a mediocre movie. -_-
Well it was great movie for me. My only thing is, im excited about this coming true but im not sure if I want Goyer writing the new Batman.

Im sure a new writer/director will be in tow once this new Batman gets his solo movie, but maybe Goyer should stay away from the reboot all together. Then again maybe it's good to have Goyer be the guy who brings him to life then passes it off to a new writer.

I prefer a solo bat movie announced but ill take World's Finest!

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #13
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I'd love to see a movie where both Luthor and Batman are suspicious of this superpowered being, but Supes earns Batman's trust while Luthor becomes his permanent enemy. Could be an interesting entry point into both relationships.

Though to be honest I'd prefer Batman Reboot and MOS 2 before WF.
if this film is to be made, i would imagine that luthor will be the main villain. of course you also need some villains to physically deal with supes so, take your pick.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #14
Two-Face
The White Knight

If Nolan produces this with Snyder then I want to see Christian Bale as Batman.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

I just hope this isn't a Superman movie co-starring Batman, or vis versa. This needs to be something in which both characters are given their due attention.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
If Nolan produces this with Snyder then I want to see Christian Bale as Batman.
Won't happen.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #17
Boom
I got nothin'

As much as I didn't care for Man of Steel, I'd be lying if I said a Snyder-designed Batman doesn't excite me.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #18
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Just do it already.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #19
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Oh my God... if this is true, it's the best news I've heard in a long time! I've been dying for a Snyder-directed Batflick!

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
EliteF50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #20
RoboAmish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
From LAT:

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”
What years of effort? They mean one successful enough Superman movie, a dismal Green Lantern and a few failed attempt to get a JL script.

This just kinda seems like a decision they came to in the last month or so when MOS didn't bomb...

I'm still excited (it's Batman and Superman obviously, despite not thinking much of either Snyder or Goyer my inner fanboy is shrieking in excitement right now) but I need more details. Is WB's panel on at the minute?

RoboAmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #21
Two-Face
The White Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Won't happen.
I know but it would so sweet see him back for one more time.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #22
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

If true, its a clever thinking on part of WB, also a good decision.

A Batman without Bale would be a tough sell and a reboot so soon would not do well either.

As Batman can narrate his story via flash backs to Superman, we can get to know this new Batman, also the novelty of seeing the two iconic Superheroes in one movie will give it marketing edge.

As for Superman, if the story is set in Metropolis, we will get to see Superman's world in depth, and it will give Supes some moments to shine as he wins back trust of citizens of Metropolis by helping them, in spite of Lex Luthor's anti-Superman propaganda.

In the end we get some solid foundation set for both the heroes and a possible JL movie.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #23
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

I'm FREAKING STOKED!

Seeing Batman/Superman on film together is my wet dream and I really loved Man of Steel so I have confidence in Snyder/Goyer.

STOKED!

DorneyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #24
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
As much as I didn't care for Man of Steel, I'd be lying if I said a Snyder-designed Batman doesn't excite me.
Agreed!

And now its just a matter of...

Old 07-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #25
Tequilla
Side-Kick

World's Finest always seemed much more logical than a Justice League movies.

They just need to keep Goyer as far as they can from the writing script.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote