Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #26
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: Best Current NFL Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Green View Post
Time will tell, I'm pulling for the guy. I'm sorry I called him overrated, I should have chosen my words better.
And I apologize for sounding condescending. Gotta protect my QB.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 12-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #27
Big Green
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
And I apologize for sounding condescending. Gotta protect my QB.
As any true fan would

Old 12-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #28
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE

Quote:
Call him what you want, but if he's average then so is Luck and RG3 then.
Let's be real for a minute, both of them are better than Cam.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #29
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingDeadMike View Post
Let's be real for a minute, both of them are better than Cam.
RG3 is the superior precision passer but Luck is completing 53% of his passes. He also turned the ball over 24 times (including his fumbles).

RG3? Yes.
Luck? No.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #30
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE

Quote:
RG3 is the superior precision passer but Luck is completing 53% of his passes. He also turned the ball over 24 times (including his fumbles).

RG3? Yes.
Luck? No.
He's led (read: carried) an otherwise mediocre (at best) team to an 11-5 record and a playoff birth in his rookie year. The best Cam has finished in his 2 years is 7-9.

Luck may only be completing 54% of his passes, but A) Cam is only completing 4% higher and B) Luck is being asked to throw a whole lot more than Cam. 147 more passes to be exact.

He seems to be a much better leader to me, also. No foolish celebrations when he's down 20+ points, and he also doesn't mope in the corner of the bench by his lonesome when things aren't going well. Plus, he doesn't throw his coordinator under the bus when he has a bad game.

Look, I like Cam, and I think he has the talent to be a superstar in this league. But before he can do that he needs to get his head right.

So at this point in time, Luck is better, IMO. And it's not even close.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #31
Big Green
Side-Kick

Russell Wilson ties Peyton's rookie record for tds in a season...

And my broncos are laying out the chiefs.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #32
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingDeadMike View Post
He's led (read: carried) an otherwise mediocre (at best) team to an 11-5 record and a playoff birth in his rookie year. The best Cam has finished in his 2 years is 7-9.
I don't contend that. Luck really led that team to a great record, and he deserves praise. That stated, Carolina easily could have been an 11-5 team this year too. Cam cost his team three wins this season (Seahawks, Bears, Giants) but the defense failed him four times (Chiefs, Falcons, Buccaneers, Cowboys).

Quote:
Luck may only be completing 54% of his passes, but A) Cam is only completing 4% higher and B) Luck is being asked to throw a whole lot more than Cam. 147 more passes to be exact.
Technically, Cam has been completing 63% of his passes since the second half of the season. Also, Carolina is averaging 5.2 dropped passes a game (top five in the league).

I'll give credit to Luck for playing without a run game too though. However, 54% is not worthy of praise whatsoever.

Quote:
He seems to be a much better leader to me, also. No foolish celebrations when he's down 20+ points, and he also doesn't mope in the corner of the bench by his lonesome when things aren't going well. Plus, he doesn't throw his coordinator under the bus when he has a bad game.
I'll have to disagree with you there. Luck celebrated a 30+ yard completion when he was down 20 to The Patriots. Granted, it was probably from frustration but he still had a mini celebration. As for the sulking, RG3 was guilty of it as well. Deion Sanders called out his co-anchors when they criticized Cam but not RG3 for it.

Does Cam need to mature as a leader? Yes, but consider this: Steve Smith, Luke Kyechly, Jordan Gross, DeAngelo Williams, Charles Johnson, Greg Olsen and Ron Rivera came out today [after their win over The Saints] and publicly stated that Cam earned the C. His leadership in the final six games was instrumental.

Cam was encouraging the O-Line and Defense all day today. He also lead his offense 85 yards down the field on an injured knee and ankle to seal the win. Good enough for me -- he's improved significantly.

Quote:
Look, I like Cam, and I think he has the talent to be a superstar in this league. But before he can do that he needs to get his head right.

So at this point in time, Luck is better, IMO. And it's not even close.
Fair enough.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #33
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Green View Post
Russell Wilson ties Peyton's rookie record for tds in a season...

And my broncos are laying out the chiefs.
Congrats to Wilson!

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #34
DarthQuiGon
Banned User

How ABout I change this thread because Its clear this is going nowhere as a regular Tournament would.

I will select 2 NFL players and we will debate which is the better player and this can be a thread about players not per say all things football. But a thread honoring good Players

Every 2 days will select 2 players debate over

Mike Wallace

VS

Heath Miller

Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #35
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Miller, only because Wallace drops crucial passes and can't run routes.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #36
DarthQuiGon
Banned User

Miller is a beast and one of the last players drafted Under Cowher. Holmes being the last one.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #37
Boom
I got nothin'

Miller. Definitely.

And while he plays for a team that I despise with a passion, I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #38
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Miller is the brightest light on that offense. He is a class act and like someone else said, one of Cowher's last draftees. A very fine tight end. I wish him a speedy recovery. Mike Wallace, with more discipline, can be to Pittsburgh what Julio Jones is to Atlanta. Wallace just hasn't shown that he can be clutch on a consistent basis.

So I choose Miller.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:54 AM   #39
DarthQuiGon
Banned User

What Happened to there Speed return guy Brown. I was so sure he would be there next big WR then Wallace.

Closed Thread