Old 01-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #526
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Box office for Amazing Spider-Man 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
You've yourself too blame

First guy I've seen who hates a movie so much and still hangs around its forums
Hah, I stay on this part of the forums because it's fun to talk to someone that's always wrong.

Have you watched TDK again, by the way, to correct yourself?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #527
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
I am also adding on the DVD rentals
And your comparison made no sense
For one TA's DVD's hasnt been out for long,plus DVD sales have diminished a LOT in the past few years with pirating and torrents and all that stuff
Its isnt the right barometer to compare WOM or quality or whatever when the difference in 3+ years
First, you said it sold worth of 170+. Rentals isn't the same as units sold. I never counted rentals for TIH. Second, pirating and torrents are all stuff I mentioned to you in previous posts when you compared sales from 2003 to now. Third, I'm not relating WOM with quality, but saying that the performance of TIH continued with DVD sales. If you don't want to compare with The Avengers, then let's erase it out of the equation. Let's compare with Iron Man, which came on the same year. Iron Man made 23% more money with the dvd sales after 10 weeks, more or less. TIH made 21%. It's a margin of 2% less. Comparing its overall grosses, IM made 44% more than TIH at the box office and 41% more at the DVD sales. It's a margin of 3% less. The numbers with the DVD sales for TIH were corresponding with its performance at the box office. If the WOM wasn't favorable at the time TIH was in the theaters, I imagine the sales with DVD would be way less, but it even had unexpectedly strong blu-ray sales at the time, unlike SM3, which disappointed what was expected due, as we can imagine, to the bad WOM it received.
Quote:
There is a difference between an excellent WOM and a 'fine' or just 'good' WOM
TIH's was just 'good' while IM1's was excellent
Whoever is comparing TIH's WOM with IM's? I was comparing it with 2003 Hulk's, which was generally bad.

Quote:
I am not making wild assumptions
I was a kid in the 2000's and CB related games/cartoons/movies was a huge part of my life
Mavel's biggest property was Spidey followed by X men and Fantastic Four.Characters like Iron Man and Thor werent even properly known(As far as I remember,these characters didnt have any medium apart from the comics)
Its no surprise that Fox bought the rights of X men and F4 and started making movies,though they did make profit,I think they failed to tap its real potential
Maybe because the movies werent exactly kid friendly or they failed to develop the character properly
IMO they also failed to harness the potential of a individual Wolverine movies.A disastrous movie(Origins) movie made 400M(More than 3/4 of the team movies)Had they paid attention to it and made it a better film it could have reached spidey like popularity
Maybe. Note that I'm not saying that the X-Men franchise isn't as big as you're thinking, but that its success isn't as transparent as you think it should. I still want to know exactly why the Wolverine and The X-Men show was canceled. I really liked that one, there were some great storylines there, an exciting cliffhanger and even there it was canned. The most positively criticized X-Men movie couldn't do as much money as you think they could. But it's a new time now. First Class was well received, maybe its sequel, if it is as well received, can make even more money than Iron Man. I don't know if I can say the same for Wolverine, that had a movie with mixed reactions. It's a wait and see game, now.

Quote:
Thats just one aspect of the character:
Dr Blake for Thor,Wisecracking Spidey,or Detective Bruce Wayne
While those characteristics werent elaborated enough in the movies,they were touched upon
In case of Tony Stark,the whole personality is completely changed to make him more interesting.Stark is supposed to be a serious dude,not a wise cracking womanizer.There is a difference between removing a trait or just simply touching upon them and completely reversing the personality

I think IM took the most liberties(and did well with them no doubt)
One could say the same thing for Stark, that the serious dude was also touched upon in the movies. Blake is also an important part of Thor's character. Wisecracking Spidey and detective Bruce too. You're just putting more level of importance on what you want. ''Just one aspect'' of the character can say a lot about him, like Spidey quipping jokes because it helps him on his battle and puts the fear he would feel apart, or the detective Bruce which shows his geniality and his wits. All movies take liberties. In your opinion, IM took more. Just that.

Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:10 AM   #528
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #529
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Hah, I stay on this part of the forums because it's fun to talk to someone that's always wrong.

Isn't that kind of trolling, though? To constantly hate on something to rile people up? I didn't like G.I. Joe or Transformers, for example, but I wouldn't hang around those forums just to get a rise out of people.

Marvel Spider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #530
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Isn't that kind of trolling, though? To constantly hate on something to rile people up? I didn't like G.I. Joe or Transformers, for example, but I wouldn't hang around those forums just to get a rise out of people.
I'm trying to defend Anno here BUT just because someone doesn't like a movie, doesn't mean they can't talk about it, shouldn't talk about it, or can't like talking about it.

I don't really care for Bayformers but I can spend hours talking about that, even though most of what I have to say about it is negative.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #531
Anno_Domini
Banned User

And even if I don't like TAS-M, half of those arguments are over other films, such as The Dark Knight Trilogy.

But would I call what I do trolling? No...it's not grif-like trolling where I say "**** movie" in every thread. I actually have reasons why I don't find TAS-M good, but nevertheless I do have things I did appreciate in TAS-M.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #532
CashforStash
Baned User (get it)

Quote:
And even if I don't like TAS-M, half of those arguments are over other films, such as The Dark Knight Trilogy.

But would I call what I do trolling? No...it's not grif-like trolling where I say "**** movie" in every thread. I actually have reasons why I don't find TAS-M good, but nevertheless I do have things I did appreciate in TAS-M.

CashforStash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #533
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #534
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:

Old 02-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #535
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

lol #cashforstash

Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #536
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Guess my post was a winner.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #537
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:

To correct myself about what?

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #538
Anno_Domini
Banned User

You were wrong about Batman not limping at the end of TDK.

You were wrong about the idea that Batman was fine with the copycats using guns.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #539
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

He did run to his bike,Okay maybe he was limp-running,but that still doesnt change the stupidy of limping and walking on a stick for 8 years and a single leg brace making him good again

The second thing I never said,He wasnt fine with Rookie's mimicking him and using guns,Irony is he gave a rookie with Guns his mantle in the end

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #540
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
He did run to his bike,Okay maybe he was limp-running,but that still doesnt change the stupidy of limping and walking on a stick for 8 years and a single leg brace making him good again
Limp-running is still limping.

And wearing some pneumatic crampon isn't a far fetched idea when Wayne Enterprises has created so many other out of this world inventions, such as an Explosive Gel gun. Once again, someone is looking at one thing that sounds far fetched when there is a million other ideas in Nolan's universe that isn't reality just because of Nolan's mentioning of a "realistic" tone. People take the word "realism" far too much to heart than Nolan himself.

Quote:
The second thing I never said,He wasnt fine with Rookie's mimicking him and using guns,Irony is he gave a rookie with Guns his mantle in the end
Actually you did. You said Batman didn't care about the "Sons of Batman" using guns when he did care(like I said, you should watch the beginning of TDK when he bends that copycat's gun). And that fact carries over to TDKR when Blake himself realized he doesn't need to use guns anymore and that change in Blake made him more of a successor than any of those copycats in TDK.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #541
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

lets be honest nolans batman films are just as flawed as the ASM film, it just depends on your view on the characters and how much you care for the changes that were made from source material

i like the nolan batman films even though i feel maybe TDKR didn't feel enough like a batman film

while i'm not a big fan of the raimi films at all, i much prefer TAS

Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #542
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanGordon View Post
Your post was admirable; saying it's fun to be on a board where everyone you talk to is wrong is not. Film-watching is subjective. Your least favorite part of TASM could be my favorite for two totally different reasons, doesn't mean either one of us is right or wrong about it.

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #543
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
lets be honest nolans batman films are just as flawed as the ASM film, it just depends on your view on the characters and how much you care for the changes that were made from source material

i like the nolan batman films even though i feel maybe TDKR didn't feel enough like a batman film

while i'm not a big fan of the raimi films at all, i much prefer TAS
As flawed as TAS-M? I wouldn't go as far as that, but it's not something I'm going to argue about in a Spidey thread, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanGordon View Post
Your post was admirable; saying it's fun to be on a board where everyone you talk to is wrong is not. Film-watching is subjective. Your least favorite part of TASM could be my favorite for two totally different reasons, doesn't mean either one of us is right or wrong about it.
Okay, I don't say this ALL the time...only when certain posters get really irritating, but I can only name those with one hand.

And of course film-watching is subjective, but there are facts about which film is more highly acclaimed than others. Sometimes I point that out, and while some can say it's still subjective as opinion, the opinions of a majority is more fact than anything really.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #544
TheSpectacular
Geronimo

So yeah, the box office...

Robocop-6.5 Non-Stop-8.5 Need for Speed-4 Captain America:The Winter Soldier-10 The Amazing Spider-Man 2-10 Godzilla-7.5
X-Men: Days of Future Past- 8
TheSpectacular is online now   Reply With Quote