Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #101
Figs
Banned User

Default Re: Don't Hate The Hater, Hate The Hate! - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I hate how a friend of mine is a little upset at me because I'm not talking to his ex, even though its for reasons that related to him. Me and her had a bit of a clash a few weeks ago, and he told me to apologize, which I did, but she didn't accept my apology and has actually said hello to everyone except me whenever we were with a group of friends. I haven't bothered to go out of me way to fix that, and he's acting like I'm in the wrong.
I hate when people do that, makes me want to punch them. Sadly, I think it's because I'm ugly.

Anytime my friend's and I go out, when we meet some girls they tend to smile and say hello to everyone but me. Even waitresses at a restaurant.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #102
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I hate when people do that, makes me want to punch them. Sadly, I think it's because I'm ugly.

Anytime my friend's and I go out, when we meet some girls they tend to smile and say hello to everyone but me. Even waitresses at a restaurant.
Same happens to me.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #103
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Same happens to me.
I honestly think it's because I'm the skinny guy of the group. In my experience, most girls want a guy who is considerably bigger than them.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #104
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
I honestly think it's because I'm the skinny guy of the group. In my experience, most girls want a guy who is considerably bigger than them.
I'm the opposite. I'm the giant of my group.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #105
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I'm the opposite. I'm the giant of my group.
As in big guy or fat?

Old 01-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #106
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
As in big guy or fat?
kinda both. 6'5" 300lbs.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #107
redmarvel
The Mischievious Elf

I hate it when my clothes start "pilling" or when they shrink when they're washed.

Seriously, the makers can't preshrink the clothing?

I'm going to have to look at the fabric blend of the slacks that are pilling and make sure I don't buy that mix again.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #108
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

I think that it is a safe generalisation that women want their men to be larger than them...

My partner has stated on more than one occasion that she would not go out with someone that weighed less than her.

Wonder what she is going to do now that I weigh considerably less than she does?

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #109
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I'm about 5'11'' and have liked several girls who were much shorter than me, as in 4'11" - 5'3", and one thing I've noticed is that mostly all of them ended up dating guys who were closer to their height, and I always hated that because its not like I'm a giant or anything.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #110
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Think that's just a coincidence.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #111
Anubis
Sup?

Quote:
I'm about 5'11'' and have liked several girls who were much shorter than me, as in 4'11" - 5'3", and one thing I've noticed is that mostly all of them ended up dating guys who were closer to their height, and I always hated that because its not like I'm a giant or anything.

Yeah, most women go for guys that are taller than they are.....maybe it's not your height.....

H.E.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #112
knowsbleed
Banned User

Quote:
It's funny, I see the opposite. I don't see a lot of 4'11" girls with 5' guys.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:04 AM   #113
ComicChick
Carpe DIEM r.i.p.
SHH! Global Moderator

i hate that the pipes in the bathroom busted today in my house

Old 01-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #114
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

I hate when people say "damn..." Before bad news. "Damn...John Doe had a heat attack." "Damn...Jane Doe died."

Damn...you sound like a moron when you can't articulate your thoughts beyond a low level curse word and an awkward Internet pause.

Also...

I hate anyone who walks out during a movie. Personally, I just think that shows a profound lack of intelligence for multiple reasons;

1). You should be smart enough to have some idea what you're seeing before you see it. At least some slight knowledge of whether you'll be able to stand 2 hours of it. Read a synopsis, a review. Hell, even the 30 second TV spots should give you an idea of the relative quality of the movie.

2). In a lot of cases, great movies do kinda suck at first. The first hour of Seven Samurai is like watching paint dry, but after that it turns into one of the best and most influential movies ever. By leaving a movie before its completion, you're essentially choosing to embrace ignorance over giving the movie the possibility of turning out to be awesome.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #115
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
I hate anyone who walks out during a movie. Personally, I just think that shows a profound lack of intelligence for multiple reasons;

1). You should be smart enough to have some idea what you're seeing before you see it. At least some slight knowledge of whether you'll be able to stand 2 hours of it. Read a synopsis, a review. Hell, even the 30 second TV spots should give you an idea of the relative quality of the movie.

2). In a lot of cases, great movies do kinda suck at first. The first hour of Seven Samurai is like watching paint dry, but after that it turns into one of the best and most influential movies ever. By leaving a movie before its completion, you're essentially choosing to embrace ignorance over giving the movie the possibility of turning out to be awesome.
YES!!! I agree. There's no reason for that. Walkouts can also ruin peoples theater going experience. When I saw Cosmopolis there were so many walkouts that by the time the credits rolled I was the only person in the theater (there were only 15 or so people in there to begin with). It made me start to question whether or not I was enjoying the movie and it distracted me. I ended up not liking Cosmopolis until it came out on blu ray and I saw it again. Now I like it. I've only walked out of one movie. The Watch. I had to walk out though because someone was playing a prank and filled the theater with smoke. That's an entirely different thing.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #116
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

I never walked out of a movie, even when it sucked. I have to finish a movie when I see it at the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #117
ComicChick
Carpe DIEM r.i.p.
SHH! Global Moderator

i hate i've spent the last two hours cleaning the kitchen and feel like i've gotten nowhere. i live with slobs

Old 01-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #118
grout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
I hate when people say "damn..." Before bad news. "Damn...John Doe had a heat attack." "Damn...Jane Doe died."

Damn...you sound like a moron when you can't articulate your thoughts beyond a low level curse word and an awkward Internet pause.

Also...

Cmon, that is just mean.. I think that it may just show intelligence, in other words its not for them and would rather do something else with the time. Marketing a movie can make it look like something totally different then seeing it. I personally dont care for critics opinion so I dont go that route anyways. I do think there is a difference between suck and at least keeping some kind of interest.

I remember when "the pathfinder" was coming out years ago with Karl Urban. It looked great and I liked what the story was about. I went to see it opening night and Im sorry i could not watch it,, im just saying it wasnt for me but i dont think it shows a lack of my intelligence.

Last edited by grout; 01-10-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #119
Anubis
Sup?

It kinda does. I knew that movie was gonna be mehtastic the moment I saw the trailer.

H.E.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #120
grout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
It kinda does. I knew that movie was gonna be mehtastic the moment I saw the trailer.
haha.. everybody has there tastes in movies. My point is the preview I saw looked good to me,, the movie imo was not. Im not one to go on a crusade and get peoples opinions of a film before I go see it. Thats not a lack of intelligence just a reservation to draw my own opinion about a film. And in my opinion if a film cannot at least keep some kind of interest at all I would rather do something else.. Just a difference between complete suck and keeping interest.

Last edited by grout; 01-10-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #121
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

I hate that I was not intelligent enough not to walk out on Team America: World Police.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #122
Anubis
Sup?

I don't know dude. You shoulda stuck around if for no other reason than to punish yourself for having bad judgement.

H.E.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #123
grout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I don't know dude. You shoulda stuck around if for no other reason than to punish yourself for having bad judgement.
LOL!! In whos opinion? yours...thats my point,, allot of people may like that film, just not me. I respect that either way and who am I to tell those that liked the film that its bad. Would not really matter... I dont think that it is a lack of intelligence on the individual that would rather not waste anymore time in a film they view as not holding any interest at all to them. At some point, they may not even care how the film may end.

Last edited by grout; 01-10-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #124
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

I hate when my potential customers say, "No", before they even know anything about what I'm offering.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #125
Badger
Side-Kick my Ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwire View Post
i hate when my potential customers say, "no", before they even know anything about what i'm offering.
nooooo!!!!

Back from the Other Side.
Closed Thread