3 - 3.5 1 0.69%
2 - 2.5 1 0.69%
1 - 1.5 5 3.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #351
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Default Re: *Update* Your Rating for TASM

I just watched this film for the first time last week. I loved it! I regret not having seen in this in the theater. I had Avengers fever at that time.

I've watched the film at least 3 times now and my level enjoyment has not changed. I see something new each viewing.

Andrew Garfield, IMO, made an amazing Peter Parker and Spider-Man. He not only looks like my idea of Parker but also acts like one too. Emma Stone was perfect as Gwen Stacey and I liked that this character is a strong female character. Smart and sensible.

I also love watching the action sequence. Spidey was very agile and fast. Jumping and crawling all over the place while fighting. Ceiling, wall, floor.

I gave the film a perfect 10.

Lei D Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #352
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Actually SM3 went down from 54 to 53%.

Seriously... what is going on with RT?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #353
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

I wonder if someone is spamming the site and causing the numbers to drop.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #354
OcStat
Side-Kick

If we are lucky that whole site will just collapse on itself and the internet will be a much happier place.

D Loki, I agree, the action sequences in TASM were awesome. Spider-Man moved much like the way I would envision the action in the comics. And for this being Webb's first action film at all, starting off that well, means the fights in 2 are gonna be great! Maybe we will see something that tops the Train.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #355
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post

D Loki, I agree, the action sequences in TASM were awesome. Spider-Man moved much like the way I would envision the action in the comics. And for this being Webb's first action film at all, starting off that well, means the fights in 2 are gonna be great! Maybe we will see something that tops the Train.
Maybe we will but I will be happy with some amazing action sequence similar to TASM. I don't mean the exact same choreo of course. I liked that it is always clear where Spidey was in relation to his enemy and his surroundings.

On a slightly related note, I actually was on a Man of Steel high a few days before I watched TASM. I just watched MoS about a week ago and I quite enjoyed the film. It inspired me to watch other superhero movies I haven't seen yet, like TASM. And now, here I am. Spidey in, Superman out.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #356
Picard Sisko

It would be very difficult to top the train sequence considering its not only the best Spider-Man battle scenes, but probably the best fight in any comic book film. I'd rank it higher than the Avengers final battle.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 07-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #357
OcStat
Side-Kick

Well yeah it wouldn't be easy, but I thought the two major action sequences at the school and at Oscorp were very well done. The short but also awesome cop chase on top of that. I know some other posters have cited scenes from this movie as the 2nd best after the train (the school fight especially). I won't do a whole ranking, though that could be fun, but I agree. So after getting acclimated to what it takes to create those kinds of scenes I'd say Webb has the potential to really hit it out of the park. Much the same excitement I had after seeing what Raimi started with, knowing he could do bigger and better with a 2nd opportunity.

What do you think keeps the Train at #1? It has a lot of factors that add up to cement its top position...first and most importantly by this point in the film we are very well involved in the characters. The personal stakes here even trump the "whole city in peril" of the very last fight. The choreography is top notch, CGI still holds up, and on top of all that there's the entire stopping the train bit. Then the defeat that follows, after all Spidey did, adds another layer to the epicness of it.

As good as the choreography was, As I mentioned, Webb's vision of Spidey's movements are much truer to the way I personally figured Spidey would actually look. So that, and also the possibilities that Electro's powers open up on screen, give me lots of hope and a pretty good amount of confidence in TASM2 wowing us.

And the Rhino to boot! A chance to really show off how strong Spider-Man is, something that hasn't really been shown since he stopped that train.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #358
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Quote:
As good as the choreography was, As I mentioned, Webb's vision of Spidey's movements are much truer to the way I personally figured Spidey would actually look.
My thoughts exactly. It's not the feats of strength that I like about Spidey, though that is awesome too. It's his speed, agility, flexibility and the unpredictability of his movements that I enjoy more. The Lizard may be physically stronger than Spidey but Spidey would be pretty frustrating to fight because of the skills I mention.

My fave action sequence in TASM would be the school fight. Spidey crawling over the Lizard himself and wrapping him in webbing was awesome. He crawled around, over and under the Lizard. I had a big grin on my face the whole time.

Last edited by Lei D Loki; 07-23-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #359
Picard Sisko

Here are my rankings of the fights:
  1. SM2 - Clock Tower/Train Battle
  2. SM2 - Bank/Side of Building
  3. SM1 - Final Battle
  4. ASM - Final Battle/Oscorp Tower
  5. ASM - School Battle
  6. SM3 - Sandman Sewer Fight
  7. SM2 - Final Battle/Warehouse
  8. SM3 - Harry vs. Peter (1st)
  9. SM3 - Armored Truck
  10. SM1 - Unity Day Festival
  11. SM1 - Burning Building
  12. SM3 - Harry vs. Peter (2nd)
  13. ASM - Sewer/Lizard
  14. SM3 - Final Battle/Construction Site
  15. ASM - Bridge Encounter

Old 07-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #360
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
It would be very difficult to top the train sequence considering its not only the best Spider-Man battle scenes, but probably the best fight in any comic book film. I'd rank it higher than the Avengers final battle.

I'd put it on par. It's easily one of the most exhilarating sequences in the genre. Loved how the tense music complemented the break-neck pace.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #361
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
I agree.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #362
OcStat
Side-Kick

That list is impressive! Spider-Man has been in battle on the silver screen 15 times...in 4 films, I don't think any other character has come close to that number, and very few scenes from other franchises can compare.

Don't think I could rank all of them, but my Top 5 would be:

The Train at #1 of course, don't think anything could be said that hasn't already. The epic swing that zooms out of Doc Ock's glasses is awesome every time you watch it.

#2: The School, action on par with any of Raimi's scenes by a director working on this scale for the first time. The bit where Lizard chases Spider-Man on the hallway ceiling, the brawl inside the library, and Spidey crawling all over Lizard nearly put it in a league of its own. Honestly, if it wasn't for the admitted nostalgia for Spider-Man 2, and the fact that the Train has stayed near or at the top of the "All Time Best CBM Fight Scenes" list for almost ten years, this fight would be #1.

#3: Harry vs. Peter #1, you get a true sense that Peter is now a skilled and experienced Spider-Man, and Harry and is ultimately too much of a movie to stand a chance. The ring adds a good bit of drama on top of the desolve of their friendship, and this being a 2-film build up. I also love that Peter isn't in costume, hammering home the fact that this enemy has a more personal hatred.

#4, Spider-Man 1 Final Fight, the most brutal CBM beat down for over 10 years until TDKR. You can feel every punch, and this scene seems like Spidey fighting his hardest out of all the films.

And maybe surprisingly for some, #5: Spider-Man 3 Final Fight. 2 vs 2! Spidey's first and most likely only on screen team up, the longest action sequence of all the films, and Harry's redemption. Even those who dislike it, love to hate it

Last edited by OcStat; 07-25-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #363
Picard Sisko

Quote:
That list is impressive! Spider-Man has been in battle on the silver screen 15 times...in 4 films, I don't think any other character has come close to that number, and very few scenes from other franchises can compare.

Don't think I could rank all of them, but my Top 5 would be:

The Train at #1 of course, don't think anything could be said that hasn't already. The epic swing that zooms out of Doc Ock's glasses is awesome every time you watch it.

#2: The School, action on par with any of Raimi's scenes by a director working on this scale for the first time. The bit where Lizard chases Spider-Man on the hallway ceiling, the brawl inside the library, and Spidey crawling all over Lizard nearly put it in a league of its own. Honestly, if it wasn't for the admitted nostalgia for Spider-Man 2, and the fact that the Train has stayed near or at the top of the "All Time Best CBM Fight Scenes" list for almost ten years, this fight would be #1.

#3: Harry vs. Peter #1, you get a true sense that Peter is now a skilled and experienced Spider-Man, and Harry and is ultimately too much of a movie to stand a chance. The ring adds a good bit of drama on top of the desolve of their friendship, and this being a 2-film build up. I also love that Peter isn't in costume, hammering home the fact that this enemy has a more personal hatred.

#4, Spider-Man 1 Final Fight, the most brutal CBM beat down for over 10 years until TDKR. You can feel every punch, and this scene seems like Spidey fighting his hardest out of all the films.

And maybe surprisingly for some, #5: Spider-Man 3 Final Fight. 2 vs 2! Spidey's first and most likely only on screen team up, the longest action sequence of all the films, and Harry's redemption. Even those who dislike it, love to hate it
My issue with the SM3 final battle is how uncreative it is. You have two against two, yet there is nothing great about it IMO. Venom disappears for most of the fight, and half the time you see New Yorkers going "ooh!" and "ah!" every 10 seconds. I like the first part of the fight when it was just Spider-Man vs. Venom. After Giant Sandman comes out and Harry comes to help, that's when the fight goes downhill.

I do also like how Peter caged Venom at the end of the battle. Now THAT was creative, and a true Spider-Man moment.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #364
OcStat
Side-Kick

That's a good point, it would've been better if they kept the intensity up. Even though it was 2 vs. 2 we only really see 1 on 1 don't we?

I actually like Harry's scenes against Sandman. Burning up Sandman's arm and shattering it was pretty cool, and when Spider-Man jumps on his glider and they fly all around Sandman.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #365
TheSpectacular
Christian and proud

If I were to rank the top 5fights of all the films

1. Clock Tower/Train Fight(vs. Doc Ock) SM2
2. Bridge/Abandoned Building Fight(vs. Green Goblin) SM1
3. New York Sky/Alleyway Fight(vs. Harry) SM3
4. Oscorp Roof(vs. Lizard) TASM
5. School Fight(vs. The Lizard) TASM

Guardians of the Galaxy- 4/10
TheSpectacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #366
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

A couple of people have placed the Oscorp tower fight above the school fight in their rankings. I've always thought the school fight was the better of the two.

Here's my top 5:

Clock Tower/train (SM2)
Bank/Side of Bldg (SM2)
School (ASM)
Final battle with GG (SM1)
Oscorp Tower (ASM)

Old 07-28-2013, 12:10 PM   #367
OcStat
Side-Kick

Oscorp is kind of a short fight, but the part where the needle breaks is awesome. There's more memorable moments in the school fight for sure.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 AM   #368
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

In TASM, I would also vote the school fight as the best fight in the movie. I should really watch the Raimi movies again because I can't remember the fights you guys are mentioning anymore.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #369
Picard Sisko

I still like the Oscorp fight most in TASM.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #370
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Although there are plenty of vocal people who was not happy with the film, it's good to know that the majority of the people who watched the film enjoyed TASM as much as I did. Here's the ratings around the various internet movie sites:

Rotten Tomatoes - Critics (73%), Audience (77%)
IMDB - 7.1/10
Amazon - 3.8 of 5 stars
Metacritic - Critic score(66 of 100), User Score (7.2 of 10)

Compared to Superman's origin movie Man of Steel, TASM got a better reception. I feel bad for MoS. I enjoyed the film.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #371
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Oscorp is kind of a short fight, but the part where the needle breaks is awesome. There's more memorable moments in the school fight for sure.
I wish they never showed the needle breaking in the trailers. It kinda spoiled that scene for me and the end of the movie really--imagine the impact that would have had if we didn't know it was coming.

Quote:
I still like the Oscorp fight most in TASM.
Is there anything in particular that stood out for you about the Oscorp fight over the school one?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #372
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei D Loki View Post
In TASM, I would also vote the school fight as the best fight in the movie. I should really watch the Raimi movies again because I can't remember the fights you guys are mentioning anymore.
Yeah, you should. I watch them from time to time...they're still good movies--well, mostly

Old 07-29-2013, 09:26 AM   #373
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Is there anything in particular that stood out for you about the Oscorp fight over the school one?
I liked seeing Peter and Captain Stacy team up together to take down the Lizard. Both fight scenes are very close together though. Then again, the school hallway fight showed Spidey webbing up Lizard like a real spider... I have to re-watch TASM again at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Yeah, you should. I watch them from time to time...they're still good movies--well, mostly
The first two movies were amazing. Correction... are amazing.

I think Joss Whedon said that Spider-Man 1 & 2 are untouchable.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #374
OcStat
Side-Kick

Hard to top, but I wouldn't call them untouchable.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #375
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Hard to top, but I wouldn't call them untouchable.
Yeah. IMO, ASM is better than SM1. If ASM2 lives up to the hype it will give SM2 a run for its money.