3 - 3.5 1 0.69%
2 - 2.5 1 0.69%
1 - 1.5 5 3.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #376
OcStat
Side-Kick

Default Re: *Update* Your Rating for TASM

It seems like there are people that can't stand one franchise or the other. I saw Spider-Man three or four times in the theatre, (can't remember exactly but it was the first movie I felt I had to go back and rewatch) Spider-Man 2 a definite five times. Spider-Man 3 I went and saw four times as well. I have nothing but love for the original trilogy but its time has come and gone. When I watched Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man back to back, ASM easily was my preference. We can still look back at the Raimi series fondly but I don't think anyone would say we have seen the best possible Spider-Man film. And I don't think the Spider-Man 4 they were planning would have ended up a better movie than Amazing.

Amazing 2 really could be the best of the bunch when we finally get to see it.

Last edited by OcStat; 07-29-2013 at 07:32 PM.
OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:05 AM   #377
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Yeah, you should. I watch them from time to time...they're still good movies--well, mostly
Once the honeymoon period with ASM is over. Right now, the things that I didn't enjoy in those movies are getting amplified. I need to distance myself from ASM so I can give them a fair go.

Lei D Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:10 AM   #378
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcStat View Post
It seems like there are people that can't stand one franchise or the other.
It is kinda sad, isn't it? Me, I like them all although right now I prefer ASM. I enjoyed them all because they are all Spider-Man movies. I would enjoy them all regardless of the actors or directors or studio.

My preferred media for superheroes is live action. I hope there will always be a Spider-Man movie.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:13 AM   #379
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Hard to top, but I wouldn't call them untouchable.
I just think that's his way of saying they are his favorite.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #380
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

One of the things I like in TASM was how they showed the change in Peter after got bit. The train scene and the bathroom scene were fun to watch. Though I enjoyed SM1, Peter suddenly developing muscles overnight and then flexing in front of the mirror was an eye rolling moment for me then and now.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #381
Picard Sisko

"Yup. Big Change."

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 07-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #382
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lei D Loki View Post
One of the things I like in TASM was how they showed the change in Peter after got bit. The train scene and the bathroom scene were fun to watch. Though I enjoyed SM1, Peter suddenly developing muscles overnight and then flexing in front of the mirror was an eye rolling moment for me then and now.
The thing that got me with the overnight change in SM1 was how Peter reacted to it all. He got up and saw his vision had improved, muscles larger and ripped, etc. everything within a few short hours. He's not the least bit concerned about it and his reaction is "yay!" I mean yeah, it's cool and all to have that stuff immediately present but it irks me that his scientific mind never once kicked in at that moment. Why didn't he question what happened to him? Do some sort of critical/logical thinking? The change he went thru in that relatively short amount of time was drastic. He doesn't even begin to do this until the mishaps at school with the webbing and his fight with Flash. I dunno. It just didn't sit right with me.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #383
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

It's still a 5/10 for me.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #384
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
He doesn't even begin to do this until the mishaps at school with the webbing and his fight with Flash
Organic webbing....ew!!

I gotta say though, at the time, I thought nothing of it - i'd never seen anything like it before in a movie. It's only in recent years with more and more high calibre comicbook movies coming out that i've worked backwards and realised how odd some of these scenes look.

I will always have a soft spot for Raimi's first two though

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #385
OcStat
Side-Kick

Those high school scenes feel real similar to all the high school comedies that came out around then...10 things I hate about you, etc. Those movies are like time capsules, and I can't watch Spider-Man without getting that vibe now, unfortunately making it feel very dated.

OcStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:10 AM   #386
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Quote:
TThose movies are like time capsules, and I can't watch Spider-Man without getting that vibe now, unfortunately making it feel very dated.
I feel the same way. I finally watched SM1 again yesterday for the first time in years and dated sounds about right. I still enjoyed the fights and Spidey doing Spidey stuff. I just fast forwarded a lot. I'm sure in a few years ASM will feel the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
I will always have a soft spot for Raimi's first two though
I agree. After all, these movies brought Spidey to life for me.

Radioactive spider venom = Soldier Serum of Captain America? Remember how that scrawny kid Steve Rogers turned into Captain America.

ASM is not perfect of course. How Parker in SM1 discovered swinging is more fun than the chain swinging and skateboarding scene in ASM.

As to webshooters vs natural web. I don't have any strong feelings for either. In SM1, I liked how Parker was trying to get his web work. It was a fun scene to watch especially when he was yelling out words. I feel the same way for the scenes in ASM where Parker was developing his webshooter and Parker's reaction when he succeeded. He looked so goofy and dorky.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:37 AM   #387
Thoix
Side-Kick

Original - 7/10
Updated - 6/10

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #388
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Still 8.5

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I'll bet you 40% of DC's film slate either wont be released or pushed back!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #389
BenKenobi
Banned User

First Rating: 9/10

Current: 6.5/10

I love the atmosphere, the romance, the characterization of Peter, but story itself was just so poor and cheap. Dr.Ratha drops out of the movie after doing nothing what so ever. Dr.Connors plan made almost no sense. And if you compare it to the 2002 film scene by scene it's so similar it could easily pass for being a final revision. IMO you can't ay a movie is more than a 7/10 just because you liked the atmosphere and the characters. I think the second one has potential to be great but this one really isn't what everyone makes it out to be.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #390
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
First Rating: 9/10

Current: 6.5/10
I respect your opinion, but how do you get from a 9 down to 6.5?

My original rating was 8.5-9. My current rating is 8, and I stand by it.

Quote:
And if you compare it to the 2002 film scene by scene it's so similar it could easily pass for being a final revision.
No. Just no. I'm tired of this same cheap criticism of "its the same movie over again."

Old 08-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #391
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
No. Just no. I'm tired of this same cheap criticism of "its the same movie over again."
Unfortunately it isn't going anywhere either. I think they could have avoided telling the origin again while still setting up a new universe. That being said, it still makes sense why they opted for the origin so I wasn't against it when they announced it a couple of years ago. I'm happy with the way it turned out. The problem now is we have people that set up camps and use this as a complaint or excuse instead of attempting to judge the movie by its own merits or faults.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:08 PM   #392
Picard Sisko

Even though the movie re-told the origin, it still is NOT the same film as Raimi's.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #393
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Even though the movie re-told the origin, it still is NOT the same film as Raimi's.
You're preaching to the choir.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #394
Picard Sisko

Quote:
You're preaching to the choir.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #395
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think the problem is that the audience is confusing the easter eggs as recycled scenes. There's actually nothing in this film that's extremely like the raimi one.

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #396
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBlade View Post
I think the problem is that the audience is confusing the easter eggs as recycled scenes. There's actually nothing in this film that's extremely like the raimi one.
I couldn't agree any more. I understand that there was a number of nods to the original films, but that doesn't mean they were "repackaging" the 2002 film. Ugh.

I think years to come, people are going to say they like TASM more than the 2002 one.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:33 AM   #397
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

I finally watched SM1 again for the first time in years and I must say that SM1 and TASM has very little in common aside from the basics which you can't really change. Spidey gets bitten by radioactive spider. Peter Parker is a social outcast. Uncle Ben dies. These are the things you cannot change.

Other than these things, I really do not see the similarity. Can people be more specific about which similarities they are talking about? I like both SM1 and TASM. However, right now, TASM is my favorite Spidey movie and my preferred origin film.

Now about that deleted scene where Spidey got sprayed by a sedative and the guy implied that there is something special about Peter that's why he didn't turn into something like the Lizard after he got bit a radioactive spider. I believe we'll see more of this future films. I actually expect it because it would clear the issue of why no else obtained Spidey powers considering the number of radioactive spiders in Oscorp.

Last edited by Lei D Loki; 08-02-2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:45 AM   #398
Lei D Loki
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBlade View Post
By audience you mean fanboy audience. I consider myself just slightly above the casual moviegoing audience since I am here discussing this movie. I am almost sure that the GA wouldn only remember a small amount from the first origin film. My friends certainly didn't and we've both seen all the Raimi films. They all enjoyed TASM and they made no mention about any similarity to the Raimi films.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #399
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

8.5/10. The best Spider-Man yet and one of the best superhero movies ever made imo.

GremlinZilla89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:44 PM   #400
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinZilla89 View Post
8.5/10. The best Spider-Man yet and one of the best superhero movies ever made imo.