1 - 1.5 5 3.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #201
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Default Re: *Update* Your Rating for TASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
When that's not true, then the line just makes it seem like it's making up for the mistakes as only "starting out".
Hahaha! I see you still have problem understanding people.

But, you guys can continue the line if you wanna, I'm done going in circles and saying the same exact thing over and over.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #202
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Welcome!

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #203
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

My original rating was and 8/10, after just watching it again for the first time since the summer it's probably more like a 7.5. Just noticed more little things here and there that bugged me, but I still like the movie overall.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #204
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Got a brand new TV this past week, thanks to the previous one crapping out on me, and decided to pop in ASM as part of properly christening the set. Still gets better with each viewing and couldn't be happier with the new tech. PQ is amazing.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #205
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
It's true to Picard Sisko, and it's true to me. Whether or not it's true to you doesn't change his point. It simply makes it invalid to your point of view. Which is entirely your perogative.

Agreed. So are we.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Got a brand new TV this past week, thanks to the previous one crapping out on me, and decided to pop in ASM as part of properly christening the set. Still gets better with each viewing and couldn't be happier with the new tech. PQ is amazing.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #206
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
I had a similar experience too. I've seen others who liked the movie less with repeat viewings, but I began to like it more. Not as much as the first two Raimi films or anything - but enough to think it's a good entry. Though the real test will be with the sequel.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #207
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I had a similar experience too. I've seen others who liked the movie less with repeat viewings, but I began to like it more. Not as much as the first two Raimi films or anything - but enough to think it's a good entry. Though the real test will be with the sequel.
Same here, I really wasnt impressed in the cinema, in fact I was quite dissapointed, but on repeat viewings I just seem to like the movie more and more, although it will remain the 3rd best Spiderman movie until 2014 at least.

Saying that, I have a bad feeling about TASM2, just not liking some stuff.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #208
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Yes. This is Webb's chance to shine. With the origin out of the way, he really has the ability to make something truly special and take his interpretation of Spider-man into new territory. I def think Webb has a lot more pressure to deliver on this sequel than the first film. And don't get me wrong, there was still quite a bit of pressure on him for ASM but since this next film won't have the restrictions of the origin, there's greater room for opportunity. IMO ASM2 will make or break him. I thought he did a great job with ASM though.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #209
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Same here, I really wasnt impressed in the cinema, in fact I was quite dissapointed, but on repeat viewings I just seem to like the movie more and more, although it will remain the 3rd best Spiderman movie until 2014 at least.
Agree.

Quote:
And agree, sadly. I am just not even remotely excited about the sequel at all and just hoping I am surprised when I see it.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #210
Schrute
Side-Kick

Yeah, when I first saw the film it was just too hard not to compare to the originals so I didn't really have an opinion, but after repeat viewings it is now my second favorite spidey film. I'd be shocked if ASM2 is better than S-M2

Schrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #211
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes. This is Webb's chance to shine. With the origin out of the way, he really has the ability to make something truly special and take his interpretation of Spider-man into new territory. I def think Webb has a lot more pressure to deliver on this sequel than the first film. And don't get me wrong, there was still quite a bit of pressure on him for ASM but since this next film won't have the restrictions of the origin, there's greater room for opportunity. IMO ASM2 will make or break him. I thought he did a great job with ASM though.
agreed

Old 02-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #212
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Agree.

And agree, sadly. I am just not even remotely excited about the sequel at all and just hoping I am surprised when I see it.
Same here, I am waiting for something to get me excited for it and its just not coming. I thought it was initially going to be the involvemend of The Rhino, but Giamatti being cast (great actor, but not for the Rhino) and that leading to speculation it will be the ultimate Rhino has put me off even more.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #213
Picard Sisko

Quote:

Like what though? The plot synopsis? Casting? I don't feel like we know enough about the film yet to really judge it.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #214
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Same here, I am waiting for something to get me excited for it and its just not coming. I thought it was initially going to be the involvemend of The Rhino, but Giamatti being cast (great actor, but not for the Rhino) and that leading to speculation it will be the ultimate Rhino has put me off even more.
I sorta feel the same. I don't think being Rhino, even if a dream for Giamatti, is something that's going to come off well, but I have some hope. I just hope it's not some cameo as the majority think on these boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Like what though? The plot synopsis? Casting? I don't feel like we know enough about the film yet to really judge it.
Saying we're not excited for it isn't really judging, though. It's just a film that will come when it comes to anyone who's not all too thrilled about it. It's like Oblivion to me, or After Earth even. I'll watch it when they are released, but I'm not on the edge of my seat for them.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #215
Picard Sisko

Hopefully the trailers blows us away. Right now I feel neutral about the film itself. I feel the same about any of the other films coming out (X-Men: DOFP, The Wolverine, Ant-Man, etc.).

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 02-23-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #216
Anno_Domini
Banned User

The trailers won't matter.

Spider-Man 3, for example.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #217
Victarion
Cut

I still give it a solid 8.5; I had some problems with the film, but I like the serial approach they seem to be taking and the more comic booky scenery.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #218
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:

true, hope the sequel is better i still give this a 9

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #219
Picard Sisko

Quote:

No, I'm only talking about the trailers getting people excited and pumped for the movie.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:15 AM   #220
Anno_Domini
Banned User

But that would just be so awful for the trailers to do such and deceive the fans that were excited but only to see a crappy film, if it is one...ala, Spider-Man 3.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #221
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
But that would just be so awful for the trailers to do such and deceive the fans that were excited but only to see a crappy film, if it is one...ala, Spider-Man 3.
that sucks...really i seriously hope that isn´t the case for ASM 2 ,Man of Steel or IM3

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #222
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Man....I have a lot of concern over Iron Man 3. It coming off from IM2, it being a new director even if it's Shane Black, I'm not a huge fan of what's going on with Mandarin...it's a film I just need to wait and check out myself.

I have some hope with Man of Steel after hearing some stuff about WB's execs having seen the film already and they were mentioned to have really loved it. I know even that is wavering, but that has been brought up before with TDK and TDKR where they loved those films as well and I certainly did too.

Oh, and other news...TAS-M got snubbed for a Razzie nom...he-he.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #223
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

I don't think I was wrong in voting a 7-7.5
I'm content with my choice

Hoping the sequel WILL be better

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #224
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

I still enjoy watching The Amazing Spider-Man over the first three. I still love 2 and like 1, it's just that the romance is stupid in those ones and I feel like Sam Raimi didn't know what he wanted them to be. He was too big of a fan of the original 60's comics that he put that campy vibe in there, yet the films take place in modern times. The characters just simply feel like just that: characters. In The Amazing Spider-Man everything felt a lot more natural, (besides the final act, where it turns into a traditional comicbook film but even then I enjoy it).

TheForgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #225
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Comic book films have their way of not neglecting where they come from

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote