The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #26
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

i see nothing at CBM or anywhere else. unless youre talking about the Michael Rosenbaum "reading", which has already been confirmed as a (rather cruel) practical joke.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #27
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
This thread and a couple others should have something interesting to talk about in a few, via CBM. You can take it with a grain of salt, as I'm sure you will, but it's definitely worth checking out
PM me a link to what you're talking about?

ゴジラ
Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #28
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

It's not up yet, but I'll post it here when it is. If you check the Twitter timeline of the person who posts it, you should get an idea of how the info was acquired.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #29
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

So mysterious.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #30
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Isaiah Mustafa, Brian Patrick Wade and former WWE Superstar Dave Bautista are considered for Drax the Destroyer, while Marvel is “still high on” John Krasinski for Star-Lord.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #31
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Isaiah Mustafa, Brian Patrick Wade and former WWE Superstar Dave Bautista are considered for Drax the Destroyer, while Marvel is “still high on” John Krasinski for Star-Lord.
Sounds Kevin Pennington-ish

Old 01-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #32
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Kevin told reporters he was up for a number of superhero roles. Gunn informed the editor that just posted that info about his Agent's info. Still take it lightly, but interesting choices.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #33
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Batista? LOL!

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #34
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Kevin told reporters he was up for a number of superhero roles. Gunn informed the editor that just posted that info about his Agent's info. Still take it lightly, but interesting choices.
Haha I know but all of these guys are the level of actor who would have gone in for a single audition for this type of movie, and then their agent would whore that info around, trying to get people talking about them and leveraging other, smaller roles in other smaller, stuff.

I don't doubt that any of these guys auditioned, I'd severely doubt that any of them would have made it past a first round

Old 01-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #35
HighFivingMF
Welp.

So we meet again, John Krasinski.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #36
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Why, why, WHYYYYYYY, with the John Kransinski?

And the actors up for Drax? Bwah!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #37
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Why, why, WHYYYYYYY, with the John Kransinski?

And the actors up for Drax? Bwah!
"Actors" is a bit of a stretch

Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #38
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
"Actors" is a bit of a stretch
so true.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #39
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

The Krasinski thing HAS to be a joke, referencing the buttrage over him possibly being Cap.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #40
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Glad you guys aren't getting drastically over-dramatic about Krasinski's name being tossed around or anything...

Old 01-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #41
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Glad you guys aren't getting drastically over-dramatic about Krasinski's name being tossed around or anything...

Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #42
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Haha I know but all of these guys are the level of actor who would have gone in for a single audition for this type of movie, and then their agent would whore that info around, trying to get people talking about them and leveraging other, smaller roles in other smaller, stuff.

I don't doubt that any of these guys auditioned, I'd severely doubt that any of them would have made it past a first round
I suspect - and pray - you are right. Only explanation.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #43
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

John Krasinski for Drax

In all fairness, any of the three "actors" named would be fine for Drax. Drax doesn't need a thespian; Drax just needs a bad-ass with a hard body for the role, and all three listed fit that bill.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #44
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

you couldnt be more wrong. and at this point i have faith that Marvel knows better. whoever they choose will be a proven talent, not a "hard body" (shudder).

Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #45
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

Dave Batista suck in the man with the iron fist and his mma fight was a joke so NO on him.

http://youtu.be/QEtGKxGNdCM

Old 01-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #46
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
you couldnt be more wrong. and at this point i have faith that Marvel knows better. whoever they choose will be a proven talent, not a "hard body" (shudder).
Crom's sake, why???
Drax is muscle. Period.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #47
deadmannuk12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Crom's sake, why???
Drax is muscle. Period.
I just started reading GOTG and Drax is more than Muscle. I'm not saying a wrestler or bodybuilder CANT play the role.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #48
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I definitely think you need an actor with physicality and gravitas. Damn, but MCD would've been a good choice...

Laurence Fishburne, perhaps? Though he might be a little short. I'd rather an actor who could fill up a room with his talent than his physique, so I'd go with someone like Fishburne.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #49
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

What GOTG did you guys read.....???
Jason Statham is pretty much the extent of the "sophistication" required to play Drax the Destroyer. Fishburne....? C'mon, this isn't Shakespeare.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #50
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
What GOTG did you guys read.....???
Jason Statham is pretty much the extent of the "sophistication" required to play Drax the Destroyer. Fishburne....? C'mon, this isn't Shakespeare.
Yeah u don't need a very talented actor to pull off Drax but i would like an actual actor to play him. I mean Dave Batista? i mean there's gotta be better options out there. Kevin Durand would be pretty sweet. Hell, Terry Crews could pull Drax off.

Closed Thread