The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #626
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Meh. They don't have to honor some character not even 99% of comic book readers know.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #627
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Marvel still likes to do it. And it works story and adaptation wise so why not.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #628
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Yeah, I don't see them adding any of the original Guardians. Hell, alot of comic fans don't even know who the current set of Guardians are, let alone the classic team.

I say just keep the cast to what we already know along with Thanos, Adam Warlock & maybe Nova.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #629
VictusMortuus
Side-Kick

Well I was wrong about what the scoop was, but luckily for me the scoop was about Marvel adapting one of my favorite comic stories with my 2nd favorite Marvel character leading to a third Avengers. Having said that I'm still hoping for GOTG to be like what I wrote a page back.

Old 02-04-2013, 02:31 AM   #630
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Yeah, I don't see them adding any of the original Guardians. Hell, alot of comic fans don't even know who the current set of Guardians are, let alone the classic team.

I say just keep the cast to what we already know along with Thanos, Adam Warlock & maybe Nova.
"maybe"

Nova is all but confirmed to be in it. And like I said, it's just on of those things Marvel likes to do to honor their comics and James has somewhat hinted at including them in the film.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:58 AM   #631
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
"maybe"

Nova is all but confirmed to be in it. And like I said, it's just on of those things Marvel likes to do to honor their comics and James has somewhat hinted at including them in the film.
When was Nova "all but confirmed to be in it?"

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #632
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Meh. They don't have to honor some character not even 99% of comic book readers know.
Yondu know what you're talking about.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #633
Chewy
REDACTED

Are there really Vance Astro fans? Is that a thing?

Old 02-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #634
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Curious about that myself

Old 02-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #635
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
He's probably referring to the Nova stars in the concept art, which is hardly proof.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #636
Fump789

Ya I'm pretty sure Nova wasn't confirmed, but he will probabally be in it

Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #637
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

if Death ends up in Guardians alongside with Thanos I really like this look for her minus the squiggles (tattoos?)

Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #638
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Interesting idea that the guys making the Deadpool game have. Much better than the generic skeleton Death that there is in the comics.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #639
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Interesting idea that the guys making the Deadpool game have. Much better than the generic skeleton Death that there is in the comics.
not just the game..

Last edited by Christopher_M; 02-04-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #640
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Eh? She looks just like she does in the comics. Sometimes she has a human face, and sometimes a skull. What's the difference here?

Old 02-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #641
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Find it hard to believe they will work Death into the story but who knows. Just seems to be a tough concept to explain. He's literally in love with a hot ass female embodiment of the Grim Reaper.

- CM Punk
Old 02-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #642
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

BTW is that the Marvel Select Thanos in the first pic above? Kind of looks like it, except for maybe the face, but maybe I'm mis-remembering.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #643
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Find it hard to believe they will work Death into the story but who knows. Just seems to be a tough concept to explain. He's literally in love with a hot ass female embodiment of the Grim Reaper.
I still believe making her a figment of Thanos' own mad imagination is the best route to deliver her to the MCU. Makes the Mad Titan all the more mad.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #644
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I'd lean a little more towards ambiguity whether she's real or just in Thanos head but that's a pretty cool idea.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #645
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
I still believe making her a figment of Thanos' own mad imagination is the best route to deliver her to the MCU. Makes the Mad Titan all the more mad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango
I'd lean a little more towards ambiguity whether she's real or just in Thanos head but that's a pretty cool idea.
Love this!

Come to think of it, it doesn't dilute the essence of the comic books' Death anthropomorphism. Who's to say if She is merely a figment of Thanos' mad imagination (as it would appear to everyone else) or whether She actually exists on some higher plane that only Thanos' mind can access? Somewhat similar to to the Loki/Other's dialogues.

I think I would literally wet my pants if, in GOTG or A2, Stark (or Quill or anyone else) went "...well, they don't call him the Sane Titan".

Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #646
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

That is a cool idea.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #647
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
Love this!

Come to think of it, it doesn't dilute the essence of the comic books' Death anthropomorphism. Who's to say if She is merely a figment of Thanos' mad imagination (as it would appear to everyone else) or whether She actually exists on some higher plane that only Thanos' mind can access? Somewhat similar to to the Loki/Other's dialogues.

I think I would literally wet my pants if, in GOTG or A2, Stark (or Quill or anyone else) went "...well, they don't call him the Sane Titan".
In most of the comics featuring Thanos and Death, Death does not/can not speak to him; it's always a one-sided conversation. It was never very clear to me, reading Infinity Gauntlet, that anyone else was even aware of her presence. Hell, I've always believed that she was just a figment of Thanos' imagination from the very beginning.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #648
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
In most of the comics featuring Thanos and Death, Death does not/can not speak to him; it's always a one-sided conversation. It was never very clear to me, reading Infinity Gauntlet, that anyone else was even aware of her presence. Hell, I've always believed that she was just a figment of Thanos' imagination from the very beginning.
They could have it that you hear Death speaking every now and then, but only at the end when a chair swivels round it's revealed that Thanos has a skeleton of a woman who is actually his dead mother all along. The mad Titan is the one who has been switching personalities and speaking in the voice of Mrs Bates Thanos.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #649
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Thanos in a wig. lol

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 02-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #650
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
They could have it that you hear Death speaking every now and then, but only at the end when a chair swivels round it's revealed that Thanos has a skeleton of a woman who is actually his dead mother all along. The mad Titan is the one who has been switching personalities and speaking in the voice of Mrs Bates Thanos.

Closed Thread