The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #726
Lobo
skip skip skip

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

I really like the Pratt choice. As for Batista as Drax, he's got the size and build, haven't seen him in the man with the iron fist so I can't comment on his acting. But if he nailed the audition good for him. His name keeps getting mentioned as a possible Drax. Gamora will likely be a name actress IMO.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #727
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

How about having Andrew Garfield as Norman Bates Thanos?

Old 02-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #728
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I really like the Pratt choice. As for Batista as Drax, he's got the size and build, haven't seen him in the man with the iron fist so I can't comment on his acting. But if he nailed the audition good for him. His name keeps getting mentioned as a possible Drax. Gamora will likely be a name actress IMO.
While I'm for the idea of Bautista, I'm wondering if they'd actually use somebody that physically large though. All the other heroes would look so tiny by comparison.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #729
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I seem to recall Drax looking larger and more imposing in the 80s than he is in the current Guardians of the Galaxy where he seems a bit more streamlined.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #730
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
While I'm for the idea of Bautista, I'm wondering if they'd actually use somebody that physically large though. All the other heroes would look so tiny by comparison.
That is a concern of mine as well. Bautista is listed at 6'6" and while that may not be a problem for GOTG, though I'd want Thanos to be a good bit bigger, I don't know that I'd want Drax to be way more massive than Thor, if they were to ever share the screen. That said and acting ability aside, you paint Dave Bautista green and you've got Drax.

Last edited by OB12; 02-06-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #731
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
We are not getting The Rock for this movie, he has headlining ability and Drax is not the lead in this film, a major supporting character but not the lead. If Marvel signs The Rock for something then it will most likely be in a title role. I still personally like Kevin Grevioux for Drax as he has the right combination of menace, size, and familiarity with genre films. Then cast a more known actress for Gamora, like Mila Kunis and Jim Carrey for Rocket and you've got the makings of a very nice cast.
Although I like Dwayne Johnson, I don't care either way if he gets the role or not(I don't think he's even in the running though). I just don't think this role is beneath him because he's a bit of a leading man now days. He's doing the new Fast and Furious which is an ensemble film. That and a number of his other films haven't done all that great at the BO.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #732
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
That is a concern of mine as well. Bautista is listed at 6'6" and while that may not be a problem for GOTG, though I'd want Thanos to be a good bit bigger, I don't know that I'd want Drax to be way more massive than Thor, if they were to ever share the screen. That said and acting ability aside, you paint Dave Bautista green and you've got Drax.
At times Drax has been depicted as being Hulk-sized, so as far as I'm concerned, the bigger the actor they can get, the better - especially with not-so-small Chris Pratt in the lead.

As far as Thanos goes - while he should definitely be imposing and muscular, I am not as hung up on height with this character. Some of his best moments in the comics have come pounding on much larger characters like the Hulk and Champion, and I think that a more compact Thanos quickly dispatching a larger Drax would translate well to the big screen.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:52 PM   #733
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
Some of his best moments in the comics have come pounding on much larger characters like the Hulk and Champion, and I think that a more compact Thanos quickly dispatching a larger Drax would translate well to the big screen.
you know, now I want Thanos performing the ragdoll slam on Hulk in TA2

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 02-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #734
Chewy
REDACTED

Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #735
fixxxer
Side-Kick

^

Old 02-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #736
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

Ron Swanson as Groot is brilliant!!!!

Old 02-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #737
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
A+

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 02-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #738
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Well that didn't take long, great work on the artist's part!

And Ron Swanson would be an awesome Groot.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #739
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I love everything this chooses to be.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #740
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Drax is really the only Marvel role I can see The Rock in, I'd be happy if he got it.

People can bringing his name up for Namor, I can't really see that. Rock has the build, but I can't see him playing snobby ass Namor.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #741
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Me neither, I couldn't buy him in the role. He's too much of a nice and down-to-earth guy. That's not a bad thing, but it's wrong for someone like Namor.

Then again, I guess that's the point of acting.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #742
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I dunno, he pretty effectively played a conceited arrogant ass hole for years in the WWF. I think he could pull Namor off no problem and as a matter of fact he's still my #1 pick. I mean I guess it's unlikely at this point but Namor'd be right up his alley.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #743
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I don't want the Rock in it solely for the fact I don't want any actors who could distract the audience or take them out of the movie with their presence. Rock would just seem odd.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #744
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

On a related note, I just checked out Rock's Twitter. Two of his followers? Tom Hiddleston and Kevin Feige.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #745
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

good for him, it's not like that lobo film will ever actually happen.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #746
Chewy
REDACTED

I wish Feige would tweet some. He just sits there in judgement. What is he hiding?

Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #747
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

the secrets to the marvel universe I'd imagine.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #748
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

On a related note:
Has anybody checked who's following Kevin Feige's Tweets....?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-07-2013, 01:51 AM   #749
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I've been thinking...does Thanos really have to be the villain of the film? It would be weird if the big baddie they gave us at the end of Avengers got beaten in a film before Avengers 2, if that happened he might as well be Loki level. At the same time, it wouldn't make sense for the Guardians to lose in their debut film either. Then I remembered about Adam Warlock and that storyline with him and Gamora involving the Universal Church of Truth where Thanos teamed up with Gamora to take down Magus and the Church...only to back stab her in the end. If Warlock is in the film, it would be a good use of his character to have his alternate self as the villain while introducing Thanos as a conniving, hands-on bastard. It would also be a good way of showing all the different aliens in the Marvel cosmic, through the church. The church was even used in the 2008 Guardians comic.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #750
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I've been thinking...does Thanos really have to be the villain of the film? It would be weird if the big baddie they gave us at the end of Avengers got beaten in a film before Avengers 2, if that happened he might as well be Loki level. At the same time, it wouldn't make sense for the Guardians to lose in their debut film either. Then I remembered about Adam Warlock and that storyline with him and Gamora involving the Universal Church of Truth where Thanos teamed up with Gamora to take down Magus and the Church...only to back stab her in the end. If Warlock is in the film, it would be a good use of his character to have his alternate self as the villain while introducing Thanos as a conniving, hands-on bastard. It would also be a good way of showing all the different aliens in the Marvel cosmic, through the church. The church was even used in the 2008 Guardians comic.
If it is truly a lead-in to Avengers 2 them losing seems appropriate really. Especially if the giant tease is what would be hitting Thanos next.

But there is also always the possibility that he is defeated and then gets a power boost with the Infinity Gauntlet at the end as a big tease.