The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #851
warcam
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I've pointed out flaws in a lot of Latino Review reporting plenty of times before. Not to mention how El Mayimbe came here and trolled the site.
Just out of curiosity: when was this and how was he found out?

Old 02-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #852
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

He signed up for these boards and someone created a thread for him which was supposed to be an AMA (Ask Me Anything) and essentially never answered anything and just used it to promote his big Super Bowl scoop, his site and get people to join his mailing list.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #853
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

It was even worse than Woody Harrelson's Reddit AMA promoting Rampart.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #854
warcam
Side-Kick

Ahh, I see. Thanks.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #855
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Its really what started to make people really hate him. He was pretty divisive before but it seems a lot of people were put off by his instragram clues and blatant whoring for his site for what equated to being, at least IMHO a pretty terrible scoop. And I use scoop very liberally here.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #856
DocHoliday
The King of Cool

LOl I don't see how his scoop was terrible if it pans out, but that's relative to the person I guess. Latino-Review also used to get a hold of scripts before anyone. You guys may not like the fact that he wouldn't divulge scoops on SHH but the fact is that he's in a business and is not going to reveal scoops on a message board away from his site. He let the Solo scoop fly because it was a way of promoting LR on a broader canvas. I get that you guys may not like his demeanor but that ultimately has little to do with his actual content.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 PM   #857
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday View Post
LOl I don't see how his scoop was terrible if it pans out, but that's relative to the person I guess. Latino-Review also used to get a hold of scripts before anyone. You guys may not like the fact that he wouldn't divulge scoops on SHH but the fact is that he's in a business and is not going to reveal scoops on a message board away from his site. He let the Solo scoop fly because it was a way of promoting LR on a broader canvas. I get that you guys may not like his demeanor but that ultimately has little to do with his actual content.
How the content is packaged matters just as much as the content itself. And like it's been shown, he's been hit or miss. For every big scoop you show he got right, there are a lot more he didn't.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:09 AM   #858
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
How the content is packaged matters just as much as the content itself. And like it's been shown, he's been hit or miss. For every big scoop you show he got right, there are a lot more he didn't.
Which ones hasn't he gotten right so far?

Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #859
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Which ones hasn't he gotten right so far?
the skrulls in TA for example. One can argue, that the chitauri were supposed to be skrulls somewhere in preproduction, but at the time elmayimbe posted his 'scoop' as far as we know they switched to chitauri months ago.
also: the planet hulk stuff is utter nonsense. from storytelling and business standpoints. that is clearly made up.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 02-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #860
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
the skrulls in TA for example. One can argue, that the chitauri were supposed to be skrulls somewhere in preproduction, but at the time elmayimbe posted his 'scoop' as far as we know they switched to chitauri months ago.
also: the planet hulk stuff is utter nonsense. from storytelling and business standpoints. that is clearly made up.
The chitauri are ultimate skrulls so he was right there. And at this point in time, we have no idea if the planet hulk scoop is fake.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #861
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
But he *loses* points for the Deep Space Armor "scoop," because we already learned about that a day or two before via a toy reveal (to date, the only Phase II spoiler that has been officially blocked by Marvel Studios).
Remember when Sam Jackson's script was stolen and someone tried to sell it on web sites? I wonder why Marvel didn't try to make all the sites remove the copy of the pages?

http://whatculture.com/film/how-much...ers-script.php

It was clearly the real deal.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:15 PM   #862
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Remember when Sam Jackson's script was stolen and someone tried to sell it on web sites? I wonder why Marvel didn't try to make all the sites remove the copy of the pages?

http://whatculture.com/film/how-much...ers-script.php

It was clearly the real deal.
For one thing, nobody actually posted the script online. There was part of a page or two in a photo, but the scene and dialogue are meaningless and non-contextual until you've actually seen the movie and understand what is going on there. Had anyone actually taken the thief up on their offer, then civil and criminal charges would've come down, and come down hard.

In the case of the Deep Space Armor, there's nothing shady or illegal going on by the toy company....they're just happily promoting product --- for themselves *and* Marvel. It wasn't until Marvel evidently told them that it was a scene spoiler that they quickly and obligingly removed the image.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #863
Chewy
REDACTED

Marvel told every site to take down that image *after* LR posted that it was a scene spoiler, lol. Not when a half-dozen other sites ran the toy image a few days before.

So you only learned that that was a movie spoiler due to LR, not sure how you can possibly argue that that's a strike against them

Old 02-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #864
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
The chitauri are ultimate skrulls so he was right there. And at this point in time, we have no idea if the planet hulk scoop is fake.
Also, these scripts change so frequently...

Thor

- originally set in the time of Vikings for it's Earth scenes.
- Featured Balder, Malekith, Karnilla, and Eric the Red.

Captain America

- At one point was half WW2/ half Modern day.
- Early incarnations of the current all WW2 movie featured the Barons Zemo and Strucker.

Avengers

- Featured Hulk as the primary villain at one point.
- Featured Wasp as a hero.
- Might have featured Thanos in a more active role in some draft.
- Might have featured Skrulls in an earlier draft.

The plans for A3 could be WWH. It could also change by 2018.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #865
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Holy crap....

I'm a *huge* fan of King James, but he needs to stay as far away from film and TV as possible and stick to sports. He doesn't need to embarrass himself like Shaq did.
I loved Kazaam

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #866
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

So Momoa was never confirmed? I guess it was a rumour after all from El Maybe.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #867
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
It sounded like everyone was reporting "negotiations," so it still possible I would think until we hear someone officially passed

Old 02-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #868
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
....I guess there *are* a couple of letter missing from Mayimbe.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #869
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Again though, how were his articles written? for routh and ledger, did he site other sources in his articles? Or did he just claim it.
Just look for the word "exclusive." LR were the first to break the news that Ledger and Routh were cast. That means, they weren't citing some other site. Yes, they report the news reported on other sites just like everyone else, but when they use the word "exclusive," that's what designates one of their scoops. And they've had a lot of 'em. But how many of those have been from El Mayimbe specifically, I have no idea. I know a lot of the more recent Marvel-related stuff came from Da7e.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
Old 02-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #870
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Also, these scripts change so frequently...

Thor

- originally set in the time of Vikings for it's Earth scenes.
- Featured Balder, Malekith, Karnilla, and Eric the Red.

Captain America

- At one point was half WW2/ half Modern day.
- Early incarnations of the current all WW2 movie featured the Barons Zemo and Strucker.

Avengers

- Featured Hulk as the primary villain at one point.
- Featured Wasp as a hero.
- Might have featured Thanos in a more active role in some draft.
- Might have featured Skrulls in an earlier draft.

The plans for A3 could be WWH. It could also change by 2018.

And that is what makes the Planet Hulk "scoop" such a perfect rumor to float. Even if he's wrong, he can claim that he was right at one time, but Marvel changed their plans. The date of any supposed movie is so far down the line that most people will have forgotten all about mayimbe's scoop by then, anyway. It's so much safer than, say, claiming that Marvel plans a Black Panther movie in 2014 only to be proven wrong a month or two later. He can dine out on this for years without fear of contradiction.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:58 AM   #871
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Is this a Guardians of the Galaxy thread or a "Let's fellate the guy from Latino Review!" thread? He already squandered his run here with his dumbass membership drive.

Less El MayWhatthe****ever, more GotG plz.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-20-2013, 04:38 AM   #872
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Rocket from Toy Fair

uh, sorry! wrong picture.

The Real Rocket

Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #873
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Chitauri are Ultimate Skrulls so...no that was right

Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #874
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

But when one says "Skrulls" there's an expectation of shape shifting and impersonation. Chitauri in Avengers was probably just a nod to that name, because they weren't anything like Ultimate Skrulls really. It was all nominal and they could've been called anything else.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #875
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

^^^ That came off harsher than I intended. Sorry yall.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread