The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 01:43 PM   #976
CastlesInTheAir
Banned User

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Cosmo. played by daniel day lewis

Old 03-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #977
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

i'm glad it will be far from earth, this was something i was worried about. the best part of annihilation was that it was in space. you didn't have to read any civil war stuff to get into it. i like the cosmic side staying far from the milky way.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #978
CastlesInTheAir
Banned User

I'm tired of Earth. Thor took place on Earth too much which was one of the downsides. Give us some unique looking enviroments, different planets, have a jetpack fight in space, but whatever you do don't have the final battle take place in New York, lol. Superhero movies tend to do that.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #979
samsnee
Side-Kick

This makes me wonder if Avengers 2 takes place in that galaxy or on Earth. I have a feeling only Starlord will be in A2 though.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #980
Zinc Saucier
Essence of Pure Flavor

I think maybe he's mixing up galaxies and solar systems. Obviously it will be set in a different star system, but another galaxy is kinda ridiculous. These things are really far away from each other. I don't even think Asgard was meant to be in a different galaxy.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #981
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

some possible locations
i'm hoping to see some kree

Old 03-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #982
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Does Fox own the Shi'ar name? I'd assume they do since it's mostly an X-Men thing.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #983
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

the pic was more of a "look at the marvel cosmic universe".
here is another

Old 03-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #984
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Does Fox own the Shi'ar name? I'd assume they do since it's mostly an X-Men thing.
I don't think anyone knows, most of the alien races are tied to the X-Men or F4 in one way or another. Guess we'll find out when they do or don't show up in this movie and sequel(s)

Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #985
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I wonder if we'll see the Badoon in the film?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:35 AM   #986
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Makes sense that we would in some form. They've been a huge part of the Guardians' history for a while. It might just be a mention, but I'd still like it to happen.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #987
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinc Saucier View Post
I think maybe he's mixing up galaxies and solar systems. Obviously it will be set in a different star system, but another galaxy is kinda ridiculous. These things are really far away from each other. I don't even think Asgard was meant to be in a different galaxy.
With any other sci-fi property I'd think the same, but comics always take things a step further. Plus is a different galaxy that much harder to reach than an entirely different dimension?

It'd be nice if we knew where Asgard was located.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #988
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

They're called Guardians of the Galaxy. As in, singular. Of course its semantics but one would assume it's the Milky Way galaxy.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #989
Chewy
REDACTED

I think this is another case where someone used what they thought was a clever turn of phrase and the internet had no sense of humor about it

He probably just meant they were really far away

Old 03-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #990
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

One would think. Even by comic book standards our own Milky Way (a single galaxy 100,000 light-years across, 200 billion stars!) should be more than large enough for virtually any kind of storytelling and any num ber of alien civilizations you could want.

Then you figure 170 million Milky Ways in the observable universe, with empty space of millions of parsecs (parsec - 3.26 light years) between them...

...and your head starts to melt after awhile.

And it's still growing!

Yeah I figure dude got galaxy confused with solar system too.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 03-03-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #991
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I think this is another case where someone used what they thought was a clever turn of phrase and the internet had no sense of humor about it

He probably just meant they were really far away
Its what we do.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #992
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

it's easy they can go from
knowhere to anywhere.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #993
Mr. Dent
Banned User

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/03/04/sfx-...ss-on-phase-2/

Quote:
“I wouldn’t say that in a broad sense. The Thor film and the Guardians Of The Galaxy film certainly are cosmic. Guardians and Thor will take the brunt of the cosmic side of the universe, particularly Guardians, which is 95% in space. I think Iron Man 3 shows the other side of Phase 2, which is delving deeper into the characters. Throwing them on a much more personal journey. And Captain America will showcase… What’s exciting to me about Cap – sort of about Iron Man 3 too if you look at it – is it’s tonally almost like a different genre. Shane Black’s described Iron Man 3 as a Tom Clancy sort of political thriller, which I like a lot. We hired our directors on Cap because they loved our explanation that we really want to make a ’70s political thriller masquerading as a big superhero movie. Just like with the first film – we got Joe Johnston because we said, ‘We want to do a ’40s World War Two movie masquerading as a big superhero movie.’ I love that we’re doing a sequel to a film that’s a completely different genre than the first film. I think that’s fun. And the comics do it all the time.”
THANK YOU BASED FEIGE.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #994
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

I loved what he said about Captain America. It would awesome to have that feel for the movie. Love him or hate him, Feige knows what he's doing with Marvel.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #995
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Keven Feige, way better than Jeph Loeb.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #996
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Will Guardians Of The Galaxy prove as integral to Avengers 2 as each Avenger’s solo film?

“I would say that it does not. It’s much more of a standalone film. It takes place in the same universe. And when we’ve been on the other side of that universe in other movies, you might see those characteristics in Guardians, but the Avengers are not involved with what’s happening out there at this time.”
Thankfully the filmmakers seem to understand that trying to stuff all of the Guardians into Avengers 2 wouldn't work on any level

Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #997
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Keven Feige, way better than Jeph Loeb.
By the longest of miles. Loeb needs to go away.

Quote:
Thankfully the filmmakers seem to understand that trying to stuff all of the Guardians into Avengers 2 wouldn't work on any level
Truth. I've never thought they would be in A2 outside of a casual mention.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #998
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I'd like some clarification from Feige on that quote. It's kinda vague.
I'm not ready to say that it means "zomg no Thanos in TA2," but I'm sure some people will read it that way. And the whole Deep Space Armor link.

I mean, *surely,* after everything we've learned about Phase II, he doesn't mean there's no connection between GOTG and Avengers 2? I thought that was the whole raison-d'etre.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #999
Caboose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

Old 03-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #1000
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'd like some clarification from Feige on that quote. It's kinda vague.
I'm not ready to say that it means "zomg no Thanos in TA2," but I'm sure some people will read it that way. And the whole Deep Space Armor link.

I mean, *surely,* after everything we've learned about Phase II, he doesn't mean there's no connection between GOTG and Avengers 2? I thought that was the whole raison-d'etre.
It doesn't mean there's no connection. Their movie will feature Thanos (most likely) and then Thanos features in A2. You don't have to have the whole GotG gang in the movie for them to be linked.