The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #76
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 1

David Goyer was asked about JGL possibly being in Justice League and he said something along the lines of "I absolutely can not talk about that".

Old 01-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #77
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

i love jgl, but that is just a bad idea.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #78
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
David Goyer was asked about JGL possibly being in Justice League and he said something along the lines of "I absolutely can not talk about that".
Well this means yes usually.

I won't give up and conclude but still... I don't like the sound of this at all.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #79
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
What parts do you think came from execs specifically?
the "make it like Ironman'' parts'and the ''cram stuff in'' parts.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #80
Zionite1
Side-Kick

sad.If jgl does end up being batman every interest in a Jl movie is gone for me.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #81
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I wouldn't like that either!

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 01-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #82
shauner111
Side-Kick

I'll only be interested in Justice League if the cast is great. Bruce Wayne has to be played by an actor who i feel is good and fits the character well. Wonder Woman and Flash also can't be played by some flash in the pan (no pun intended) or a good-looking actress who can't act for ****.

If they're gonna grab a bad actor for Bruce then i actually prefer JGL.

Still think Gosling is a great choice, especially since the writer of Justice League wrote his character for Gangster Squad. If there was ever a time to convince Gosling to do a superhero movie it's with a darker character like Batman, with a writer he knows and a fat paycheck.

Last edited by shauner111; 01-07-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #83
Rum Runner
Banned User

I love JGL. But Bruce Wayne? Never in a million years could i see that, or want to see it. Hell, he'd be more suited to Flash actually.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #84
shauner111
Side-Kick

Well obviously he wouldn't be Bruce Wayne lol.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #85
Rum Runner
Banned User

So this Justice League movie would be in the same continuity as the Nolan trilogy? Not sure i like that. Batman, especially JLA Batman, simply must be Bruce Wayne.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #86
ЯɘvlveR

and honestly, if they're thinking of bringing in jgl, just get gosling to sow that role up already.

since his scorcese in refn wants to do wonder woman, maybe that'll convince him in someone way to be a part of the universe.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #87
shauner111
Side-Kick

There's almost no chance of Refn doing Wonder Woman but i agree that they should snatch up Gosling while they have the chance. I prefer that over JGL's Robin Blake as the Batman in JL. But if they can't...im willing to get excited over Nolans world continuing. If there's not an actor i like for Bruce, i prefer to leave Bruce out of the equation.

You don't follow Bale with a Kilmer is what i'm saying.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #88
TIM BLAKE
Banned User

Ninja Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 1

[QUOTE=shauner111;24959609]There's almost no chance of Refn doing Wonder Woman but i agree that they should snatch up Gosling while they have the chance. I prefer that over JGL's Robin Blake as the Batman in JL. But if they can't...im willing to get excited over Nolans world continuing. If there's not an actor i like for Bruce, i prefer to leave Bruce out of the equation.

You don't follow Bale with a Kilmer is what i'm saying.[/QUOT

Soo you're saying there's no other actor that can be Batman/Bruce other than Bale and do a good job? That's the most idiotic thing I've heard in awhile,and Gosling would suck as Batman and Bruce he sounds like a 10 year old with a speech impedimenthh.JGL far superior choice be it Robin Blake or Dick Grayson.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #89
shauner111
Side-Kick

I dont think that's true, theyre out there. But i dont have confidence that WB will pick that right person. I have serious doubts. And for my taste, Bale casts a huge shadow.

Im down for JGL like you seem to be. but i have to disagree with you about Gosling.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #90
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman2046 View Post
You know you're right, GL is childish, but I cannot stand seeing Black Widow wrap her legs around an alien's head for the 8th time in a row or see her shoot her pop guns in that ridiculous manner. We get it, it was cool in Iron Man 2. I can't stand watching Hawkeye shoot without looking or even run out of arrows. None of them really even received any form of physical damage, hell none of them even had ear pieces to hear each other.

For some reason I find Green Lantern more watchable for multiple viewings while Avengers was one and done. My opinion every fanboy blows his wad over The Avengers simply because of the build up. Yes, it was an impressive build up and they did a great job at it, but I feel the entire time the team could have done anything and the fans would have loved it. Just for the fact it's the Avengers.
Wheather you liked Avengers or not is one thing, and that's opinion. But if the film makers on JL don't comprehend why Avengers worked (and right now it seems they don't) then this is going to be an abject failure.

You may find Green Lantern more watchable, but one movie made 219M and the other made 1.5 Billion. The first didn't even make back it's exorbitant production costs.

Seriously, people need to put the fanboy stuff aside. No they couldn't have done whatever they wanted and it wouldn't have been successful.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #91
ЯɘvlveR

just because something worked for the avengers doesn't mean it would work for the jl.

and avengers made as much as it did it mostly based on hype, just like tdkr did. to pretend that either the avengers or tdkr was some extraordinary piece of art is pushing it. they were both good films, and gl was an average film. that's all. its not like we're comparing citizen kane to some turd shat out of uwe boll's brain here.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #92
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Green Lantern could have been amazing. It's a shame.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #93
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
just because something worked for the avengers doesn't mean it would work for the jl.

and avengers made as much as it did it mostly based on hype, just like tdkr did. to pretend that either the avengers or tdkr was some extraordinary piece of art is pushing it. they were both good films, and gl was an average film. that's all. its not like we're comparing citizen kane to some turd shat out of uwe boll's brain here.
I agree JL needs to be different, that's not what I'm saying. The guy seemed to be saying that he thought Green Lantern was a much better film than Avengers. Well if that's his opinion great, but if JL ends up like Green Lantern it will have effectively killed the franchise and possibly other characters like Wonder Woman will never see the light of day.

People flocked to both TDK and Avengers, so that means there's more chance that more films get made like that. Both TDK and Avengers were generally praised by the critics, where Green Lantern was generally panned.

Look I'll admit that for me, the Fantastic Four movies are somewhat of a guilty pleasure, but do I ever want to see another Marvel film made like that? Hell no!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #94
thorstone
Side-Kick

I think Bale is not even interested in another Batman. He did it for three films and he likely wants to move on-- maybe star in Nolan's next film, unrelated to super heroes.

There was no need to spend half of The Dark Knight Rises establishing the relationship between Gordon and Blake if Warner didn't desire to keep the continuity for sequels. Warner Bros. is not going to leave a pile of money sitting on the table. They recast Batman without losing the continuity and they did it in the film.

It shouldn't matter who Batman is to the Justice League. I don't think they should know each other's identities; at least until the end of the first film.

Last edited by thorstone; 01-07-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #95
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorstone View Post
I think Bale is not even interested in another Batman. He did it for three films and he likely wants to move on-- maybe star in Nolan's next film, unrelated to super heroes.

There was no need to spend half of The Dark Knight Rises establishing the relationship between Gordon and Blake if Warner didn't desire to keep the continuity for sequels. Warner Bros. is not going to leave a pile of money sitting on the table. They recast Batman without losing the continuity and they did it in the film.

It shouldn't matter who Batman is to the Justice League. I don't think they should know each other's identities; at least until the end of the first film.
Bale said he would do it in a heartbeat if Nolan wanted to. So Bale won't return for Justice League unless Nolan was producing and gave him the thumbs up. I think Bale would do it in that case. But Nolan would be more likely to let JGL's character continue on rather than his Bruce Wayne.

It would work very well if they didn't show Batmans identity to any of the League members throughout the movie. That's the way to go if WB are signing JGL.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #96
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

You know I cannot help but think Nolan may indeed be involved in some capacity be it as a producer or just rather the godfather of this Justice League-Shared DC Cinematic Universe. Of course we should all know by now that he plays coy better than anyone. My god it only took him two years to officially confirm there would even be a sequel to TDK. If he was truly as uninvolved as he pretends to be then why even have his name attached to it in the first place? Why do we see trailers that say "From Christopher Nolan, Director of The Dark Knight Trilogy".

As for Joesph Gordon-Levitt as a John Blake/Batman, I'm not crazy about that idea as I'm a pro-Bruce Wayne guy all the way. I'm still in the group that says bringing back Bale isn't and shouldn't be treated as an impossibility. Especially given the fact that this is still a "fictional world" we are dealing with and anything can happen. If Bruce needed to come back he always could. Then let's take a look back at what was happening in the comics only alittle over a year ago pre-New 52. Bruce Wayne was Batman on a more global scale, while Dick Grayson was Batman on a local scale. Who's to say that couldn't be a reference point here as well.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #97
kvz5
HBIC

There are definitely more and more signs pointing to them using JGL as Batman. Figures that one of the things I couldn't care less about in TDKR would cross over to JL too. Oh well. I doubt that WB would suffer from me not watching their movie.

Last edited by kvz5; 01-07-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #98
Blackman
King Kong

PLease no JGL as Blake in Justice League...please

Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #99
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
There's definitely more and more signs pointing to them using JGL as Batman. Figures that one of the things I couldn't care less about in TDKR would cross over to JL too. Oh well. I doubt that WB would suffer from me not watching their movie.
It's weird though; I mean, unless JGL has already signed on board, the only reason why I could assume JGL would take on the role for this project is if he really thinks the script is phenomenal.

But personally, the fact that Warner Bros. is thinking about just branching off from Nolan's franchise just shows how lazy they are; I mean they're basically retreading back to the same phase of when they thought that they could make money off of using the fame of Christopher Reeve's first two Superman films by making SR, instead of just coming up with something original.

Nolan's Batman was a EPIC take on the character and will forever be remembered, but like others have said, there are more sides to the Dark Knight Legend than just the one that Nolan told, and those sides have yet to be fully shown on the big screen.

It's not going to help matters that in Nolan's continuity, Bruce is STILL alive, which will only have people complaining and asking on why Bruce just can't simply come back and take on the role; course with him doing so, then it would somewhat negate the whole entire purpose of the last film regarding him finding a life for himself outside of Batman.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #100
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

JGL was extraordinarily bland on TDKR. I rewatched Inception and he was dull in that too. I for the life of me don't understand the praise he got for that movie. Maybe he's good in quirky roles but he's flat and charismaless in plainer ones. I'll be majorly disappointed if he's playing Blake or even Bruce in JL.