The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #101
Blackman
C'mon Son

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 1

He was fine in Inception, good in TDKR (but the more I watch it the more a lot of my problems with the movie wouldve been solved if Blake wasnt in it(, and Brick he was good in too
But he was fantastic in 5OO Days of Summer

However, the idea of him being in Justice League is so stupid...Im really surprised that anyone is behind it

Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #102
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I think Warner Bros. are just either obsessed with Nolan's franchise to the point where they want to keep some form of it in tact for their JLA film; thinking that anything with Nolan's name will guarantee them success....or they're just too lazy/afraid to come up with something original regarding a new take on Batman.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #103
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
There's definitely more and more signs pointing to them using JGL as Batman. Figures that one of the things I couldn't care less about in TDKR would cross over to JL too. Oh well. I doubt that WB would suffer from me not watching their movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
PLease no JGL as Blake in Justice League...please
Seriously the more I hear about this project the more I want it to just go away until they've gotten someone that can coherently spearhead this into the right direction.

Nothing I've heard inspires any sort of confidence in this project in fact it has done the exact opposite for me. WB/DC seem at a total loss at what to do here. They have a game plan that's fit for an obscure little league team.

As a fan I don't want to just see the Justice League for the sake of it and in turn sacrifice potential quality for something completely lackluster and undercooked just so I could say I saw a live action JL movie.

Here's hoping that it goes into a deep slumber and is awaken by a team of people who actually have an inspired plan that isn't this haphazardly prepped.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #104
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I think Warner Bros. are just either obsessed with Nolan's franchise to the point where they want to keep some form of it in tact for their JLA film; thinking that anything with Nolan's name will guarantee them success....or they're just too lazy/afraid to come up with something original regarding a new take on Batman.
I think it's a combination all of them.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #105
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Seriously the more I hear about this project the more I want it to just go away until they've gotten someone that can coherently spearhead this into the right direction.

Nothing I've heard inspires any sort of confidence in this project in fact it has done the exact opposite for me. WB/DC seem at a total loss at what to do here. They have a game plan that's fit for an obscure little league team.

As a fan I don't want to just see the Justice League for the sake of it and in turn sacrifice potential quality for something completely lackluster and undercooked just so I could say I saw a live action JL movie.

Here's hoping that it goes into a deep slumber and is awaken by a team of people who actually have an inspired plan that isn't this haphazardly prepped.
Oh i hear ya; I hope that this stays in "development hell" for a very...very..very long time.

If they can't come up with either a solid script and get a cast and crew on board for it by 2014, then I think we'll be good to the point where we don't have to worry about it being made for a 2015 release..since with nothing in 2015 and if MOS turns out to be a success..then it's most likely a guarantee that they'll have a MOS sequel instead in 2016.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #106
Blackman
C'mon Son

AS long as we live in a world where Avengers made around 1.5 billion I dont think this is gonna slow down.

I wish it would to. Honestly I would be fine If we didnt get JL for another ten years. I would rather see the solo films anyway.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #107
kvz5
HBIC

Seems to me that WB is afraid of JL failing so they're obsessed with the idea of tying it to Nolan's Batman. My hope is that MoS does really well so WB can feel a bit more confident with crafting a JL that has Cavill and not tied to the Nolanverse. This is their chance to start fresh with Batman and it's disappointing that they don't want to take it all because they're convinced that they need some ties to the Nolanverse.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #108
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

We don't really much about this movie at all. Unless I missed something.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #109
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Wouldn't having Blake as Batman be starting fresh?

Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #110
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Oh i hear ya; I hope that this stays in "development hell" for a very...very..very long time.

If they can't come up with either a solid script and get a cast and crew on board for it by 2014, then I think we'll be good to the point where we don't have to worry about it being made for a 2015 release..since with nothing in 2015 and if MOS turns out to be a success..then it's most likely a guarantee that they'll have a MOS sequel instead in 2016.
That's exactly what I'm hoping for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
AS long as we live in a world where Avengers made around 1.5 billion I dont think this is gonna slow down.

I wish it would to. Honestly I would be fine If we didnt get JL for another ten years. I would rather see the solo films anyway.
That would be very unfortunate.

If that's the case I can see a Green Lantern type of scenario happening again.

Quote:
Seems to me that WB is afraid of JL failing so they're obsessed with the idea of tying it to Nolan's Batman. My hope is that MoS does really well so WB can feel a bit more confident with crafting a JL that has Cavill and not tied to the Nolanverse. This is their chance to start fresh with Batman and it's disappointing that they don't want to take it all because they're convinced that they need some ties to the Nolanverse.
Pretty much yeah.

Quote:
Old 01-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #111
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

It would be but he should never, ever, ever be Batman. Bruce Wayne is Batman. Period. End of story. That's it. I'm getting sick of this ****.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #112
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
We don't really much about this movie at all. Unless I missed something.
It's written by Gangster Squad's Will Beall.
WB wants it out in 2015.
Henry Cavill and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are likely to star as Superman and Batman. But not definite of course.
The script is turned in with a story based on an old Darkseid/Apokalips story.
While the story is finished, the final line-up of the team is still being tinkered with.
A potential director read the script over the holidays.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #113
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post

Not for me. He's part of the established Nolanverse. And I'm part of the group that wants Bruce Wayne in the Justice League movie (and yes I know that there are other non-Bruce Wayne Batmans) and not John Blake.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #114
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's a good point. I think they're waiting for Man Of Steel to make any big decisions or announcements. And it might be the best way to go. Man of Steel's success may be the thing that makes WB reboot Batman and think "OK phew..so let's do it...Henry Cavill's Superman will be the first of its universe..let's get Snyder to produce".

I just feel bad for Cavill and the MOS franchise. Not really for the movie, but i feel bad for its sequels. Because if JL is half assed, or Cavill shares the screen with actors who just aren't right for Batman, etc, then it's gonna feel sour going into Man Of Steel 2.

But unlike a lot of you here, i dont share the opinion that JGL's new Batman is bad for the movie. I'm not a "Bruce Wayne or nothing" kind of guy. If it's done right, then it's done right.

Last edited by shauner111; 01-07-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:23 PM   #115
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's written by Gangster Squad's Will Beall.
WB wants it out in 2015.
Henry Cavill and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are likely to star as Superman and Batman. But not definite of course.
The script is turned in with a story based on an old Darkseid/Apokalips story.
While the story is finished, the final line-up of the team is still being tinkered with.
A potential director read the script over the holidays.
That's not even near enough to start complaining.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #116
kvz5
HBIC

Yeah I think/hope MoS doing good could boost WB's confidence that JL has a chance to succeed without them having to bring someone from Nolan's Batman back. But if MoS fails then God help us all... I don't even know what they'll do.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #117
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:

Oh yeah; but there's still some time before this can turn very bad; if anything, I don't expect to hear anything concrete and official about this project until after the numbers for MOS comes in from the box office; that film's success will determine the course of action and the pace of where the studios will want to go with a JLA film imho.

Quote:
Not really; since like kvz5 said earlier, he's from an established franchise, where there already was the canon Batman to begin with, who isn't even dead or super old yet.

Truth be told, it's been made pretty clear that in Nolan's universe, there are no people with super powers and such; and to try to change that would be bad on all sorts of levels imho.

The only confirm way that we can rest assure that we won't see JGL appear as Batman is IF he has not signed a contract yet and IF he chooses to NEVER appear on as the new batman for the franchise.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 PM   #118
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
That would be very unfortunate.

If that's the case I can see a Green Lantern type of scenario happening again.
It is what it is, sadly. I just think they need to get their solo films in order first, not even to lead into JL.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #119
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
That's a good point. I think they're waiting for Man Of Steel to make any big decisions or announcements. And it might be the best way to go. Man of Steel's success may be the thing that makes WB reboot Batman and think "OK phew..so let's do it...Henry Cavill's Superman will be the first of its universe..let's get Snyder to produce".

I just feel bad for Cavill and the MOS franchise. Not really for the movie, but i feel bad for its sequels. Because if JL is half assed, or Cavill shares the screen with actors who just aren't right for Batman, etc, then it's gonna feel sour going into Man Of Steel 2.
Well it wouldn't stop the Superman is cursed purists from saying that the franchise is somehow cursed, that's for sure. I mean if MOS is a success and its sequel is less than stellar, due to interference from the higher ups, then it seems like Superman can never really catch a break when it comes to his sequels since SII had the same problems.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #120
shauner111
Side-Kick

If MOS does poor or very average in the box office (which might happen if they dont promote the HELL out of this movie over the next 6 months) then JL could be thrown on the back burner. I can see them either relying on Batman reboot to get their minds off of the failure or snatching up JGL for a single spin-off. But i dont see Superman doing poor at the box office. If anything im sure the fans will rant and rave about how good it is and the buzz will convince the studio to be confident. After all it IS a first movie/reboot. They should be looking at it like a Batman Begins, not some Avengers/Dark Knight success.

I have confidence it'll do better than Begins.

You also have to put yourselves in their position. If MOS is a win....wouldn't you want to double it by connecting it to Nolans world?? Instead of relying on 1 film to carry the rest of the characters.

They know jack **** about Batman. For years they thought Batman 89' was the way to go. Then it was campy Batman when Forever caught on commercially. Since 05/08 their minds are all about Nolans gritty style and continuity. To them every other version of Bats is probably rubbish and "wont work". They'll be offering JGL the world. I wouldnt be surprised if they already tried to offer Bale every single thing he can ever ask for.

Last edited by shauner111; 01-07-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #121
kvz5
HBIC

I'm very optimistic with MoS. I love what we saw in the trailer.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #122
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
If MOS does poor or very average in the box office (which might happen if they dont promote the HELL out of this movie over the next 6 months) then JL could be thrown on the back burner. I can see them either relying on Batman reboot to get their minds off of the failure or snatching up JGL for a single spin-off. But i dont see Superman doing poor at the box office. If anything im sure the fans will rant and rave about how good it is and the buzz will convince the studio to be confident. After all it IS a first movie/reboot. They should be looking at it like a Batman Begins, not some Avengers/Dark Knight success.

I have confidence it'll do better than Begins.

You also have to put yourselves in their position. If MOS is a win....wouldn't you want to double it by connecting it to Nolans world?? Instead of relying on 1 film to carry the rest of the characters.
Yeah I would try to connect it to Nolan if I was in their position. Just to a character/name that people connect with Batman for years

Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #123
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

MoS is gonna be the biggest movie of all time.

I could be wrong. It happens. Just not often.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #124
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

If they do wanna get someone from the Nolan Universe, get Christian freakin Bale FGS!

Or recast the role!

This JGL business just pisses me!

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 01-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #125
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm very optimistic with MoS. I love what we saw in the trailer.
Absolutely. It looks fantastic. It's like Nolans world gone sci-fi. I dont see why that wouldn't get butts in the seats.

Closed Thread