The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 01-06-2013, 11:30 AM   #51
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Default Re: With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 10

I have a serious question. Why do a lot of people like Dredd and dislike Punisher War Zone? In my eyes they are both movies in which the plot can be completely explained in less than a paragraph and features the main character just brutally killing people. People might kill me for saying it, but I kinda enjoyed War Zone slightly more than Dredd. I enjoyed Dredd, don't get me wrong, but I don't know why this is great but Punisher isn't.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #52
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

I personally haven't seen War Zone on purpose. I prefer the Tom Jane film as the only Punisher. But Dredd is amazing, it's almost like this generation's Robocop.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #53
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I still have to see that too.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #54
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Even the Avengers was cliché.
Definitely

Quote:
I'd like to give Abe the Vampire Hunter another chance. I really hated the movie when I saw it in theaters, so I just don't feel like spending $25 on the DVD. Maybe if its on netflix or cable I will check it out.
Good, it's better not to make unnecessary chances
I personally love the film, not one of the best I've seen, but it's really enjoyable imo
Quote:
I really didn't like Rocky IV. The villain in that movie was so absurd.
The absurdity of the challenger overpower and Rocky pushing himself so far made it a real enjoyable flick imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I personally haven't seen War Zone on purpose. I prefer the Tom Jane film as the only Punisher.
Did you watch Dirty Laundry? That one is MAX level violence

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #55
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
I still have to see that too.
Robocop or the best Punisher film?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #56
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

The short film "Dirty Laundry" was really well done. Two thumbs up for Tom Jane and Ron Perlman. I hope Marvel makes a Punisher film for phase 3.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #57
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Robocop or the best Punisher film?
RoboCop.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #58
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Tom Jane is definitely the best live-action Punisher. Marvel needs to get after him!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #59
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Tom Jane is definitely the best live-action Punisher. Marvel needs to get after him!

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM   #60
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
RoboCop.
The first one is awesome
And I personally like the second and third film a lot

Quote:
They sure do

Old 01-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #61
Picard Sisko

The Punisher movie was okay. Tom Jane was perfect for the role, but the movie was poorly written and half the things that happened in the movie made little to no sense.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #62
Doc Ock
1951-2014

The movie was good to me because Tom Jane was good, but Travolta I wouldn't say was a good villain. I never did see the extended version of the film. Was hoping for a Blu-Ray release...

Old 01-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #63
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
The Punisher movie was okay. Tom Jane was perfect for the role, but the movie was poorly written and half the things that happened in the movie made little to no sense.
One thing not making sense is the two security guards with their guns initially show fear from Castle, and they have bigger guns than he did
The movie has some flaws in script, but it's pretty good for the most part

Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #64
Picard Sisko

I don't understand how Frank survived all of those gunshots to the chest, and how the explosion just threw him into the water. Didn't buy any of that. I remember a point in the movie where he blows up the shipment of money, and suddenly he just appears by one of the boats and walks away. Nobody went after him? Where did he come from?

Old 01-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #65
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I'm a Rockynite

Rocky is better than almost every superhero movie out there, including the Dark Knight Rises
Rocky I and II, yes, they're better than any CBM out there for sure. But then it just goes downhill from there. The other sequels are still watchable, but to say any Rocky films after II is better than CBMs like TDKR or TDK is laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpectacular View Post
It's not hard to be better than DKR.

No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Wait..you're not a nolanite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
Of How many times has he been banned since he joined?
He's perma-banned this time apparently.

Quote:
I have a serious question. Why do a lot of people like Dredd and dislike Punisher War Zone? In my eyes they are both movies in which the plot can be completely explained in less than a paragraph and features the main character just brutally killing people. People might kill me for saying it, but I kinda enjoyed War Zone slightly more than Dredd. I enjoyed Dredd, don't get me wrong, but I don't know why this is great but Punisher isn't.
Dredd was amazing and my third favorite CBM this year after TDKR and Avengers, but War Zone just sucked. Hated Ray Stevenson's performance as Punisher and hated the entire film.

Quote:
Agreed!

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #66
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
I don't understand how Frank survived all of those gunshots to the chest, and how the explosion just threw him into the water. Didn't buy any of that. I remember a point in the movie where he blows up the shipment of money, and suddenly he just appears by one of the boats and walks away. Nobody went after him? Where did he come from?
The bullet and explosion are luck
The rest, I need to watch the film again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Rocky I and II, yes, they're better than any CBM out there for sure. But then it just goes downhill from there. The other sequels are still watchable, but to say any Rocky films after II is better than CBMs like TDKR or TDK is laughable.
Well, I said Rocky, didn't say the whole thing
I said most Rocky films are better than TDKR, that one has it's big share of things to nitpick about. My only nitpick with TDK is what made Rachel desert Bruce? Nothing came out saying why she dumped him though she wanted him to be Batman in Begins cause that's who he really is, then she dumps him cause he's Batman?

Old 01-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #67
Picard Sisko

Quote:

No.
I don't see why that's funny. Its like if I laughed at your signature because you gave TDKR a 10/10 and think it is better than TDK or Avengers. Its his opinion. Heck, even I think TDKR is easily beatable.

Quote:
Dredd was amazing and my third favorite CBM this year after TDKR and Avengers, but War Zone just sucked. Hated Ray Stevenson's performance as Punisher and hated the entire film.
I still need to see Dredd. I always hated the original film with Stallone and Schneider. Is there any chance of there being a sequel to this movie?

Quote:
The bullet and explosion are luck
The rest, I need to watch the film again
I still didn't buy the bullet and explosion.

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 01-06-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #68
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Well, I said Rocky, didn't say the whole thing
I said most Rocky films are better than TDKR, that one has it's big share of things to nitpick about. My only nitpick with TDK is what made Rachel desert Bruce? Nothing came out saying why she dumped him though she wanted him to be Batman in Begins cause that's who he really is, then she dumps him cause he's Batman?
If that's your biggest nitpick with TDK than you're not paying much attention to the movie, lol. Mine would probably be how RICO worked so fast, how did Joker transport barrels of oil and explosives pretty much everywhere, how did Joker get a bus to break through the bank and leave right in time with the others without anyone stopping to NOT follow a bus that just came out of a building, lol.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #69
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I don't see why that's funny. I think TDKR is easily beatable.
Yah...a film that made Top Ten lists is definitely beatable. Being in the same category with CBMs that only three others have made(TDK, Iron Man, Spider-Man 2)...yah, I get your point

Quote:
I still need to see Dredd.
Everyone should watch this very underrated film. Sucks that it was a flop at the box office. And it was massively better than TAS-M, imo.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #70
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Yah...a film that made Top Ten lists is definitely beatable. Being in the same category with CBMs that only three others have made(TDK, Iron Man, Spider-Man 2)...yah, I get your point
So what if it made top ten lists? I don't need other people's opinions and rankings to make me decide on what are the best movies. I don't see why TDKR would even fit in the same category as Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, or TDK.

You sit there talking about how great Dredd was, yet we know it was a highly underrated movie to begin with.

Quote:
Everyone should watch this very underrated film. Sucks that it was a flop at the box office. And it was massively better than TAS-M, imo.
I'll take that with a grain of salt since I know you really dislike the movie.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #71
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I think when it comes to TDKR, its alot like Spider-Man 3. Multiple plotlines and villains crammed into one film. Alot of fans seem to speak negatively about both of them and say the previous ones are better, or express the flaws in them moreso than they would express the flaws of the previous two films in both trilogies (TDK Trilogy and Spidey trilogy).

Old 01-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #72
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
So what if it made top ten lists? I don't need other people's opinions and rankings to make me decide on what are the best movies. I don't see why TDKR would even fit in the same category as Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, or TDK.
Lol, this is usually what's said after what I mention. Kudos for continuing tradition.

It's fine if you really don't think so, but it is

Quote:
You sit there talking about how great Dredd was, yet we know it was a highly underrated movie to begin with.

Underrated = not great?

Quote:
I'll take that with a grain of salt since I know you really dislike the movie.
Well, you know...I did say IMO and all...

Quote:
I think when it comes to TDKR, its alot like Spider-Man 3. Multiple plotlines and villains crammed into one film. Alot of fans seem to speak negatively about both of them and say the previous ones are better, or express the flaws in them moreso than they would express the flaws of the previous two films in both trilogies (TDK Trilogy and Spidey trilogy).
Funny, I never hear any comparisons of TDKR and S-M 3. Take a gander at the TDKR boards. Much more positive word of mouth now than ever before, even when the film was first released.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #73
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Lol, this is usually what's said after what I mention. Kudos for continuing tradition.

It's fine if you really don't think so, but it is
Okay, well that is your opinion.

Quote:

Underrated = not great?
No. Underrated as in it won't make any top movie lists, which seems to be important to you.

Quote:
Well, you know...I did say IMO and all...
You refer to Dredd as underrated, and that's how I feel about TASM. Just saying I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #74
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Funny, I never hear any comparisons of TDKR and S-M 3. Take a gander at the TDKR boards. Much more positive word of mouth now than ever before, even when the film was first released.
The TDKR boards are scary, I don't go there hehe. Haven't been there since before the film was released. I don't its likely there will be comparisons of SM3 to TDKR, I just can see a comparison of the two from my perspective.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:50 PM   #75
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Okay, well that is your opinion.
And AFI's

Quote:
No. Underrated as in it won't make any top movie lists, which seems to be important to you.
Lol, one example means it's important to me? It's only important to know TDKR is in the same class as only three other CBMs, that's all.

And again, you're meaning something when you said Dredd was highly underrated even when I said it was great. What are you getting at with that besides a snarky comment about top ten lists? So what if it's underrated? Still the best 3rd CBM of the year, imo.

Quote:
You refer to Dredd as underrated, and that's how I feel about TASM. Just saying I'm taking it with a grain of salt.
When I speak on Dredd being underrated, I am referring to awful box office numbers and a film that doesn't even get mentioned as a big CBM. At least that's not the case with TAS-M that is referred in as one of the "Big 3" CBMs and was a success at the box office. What are you referring to by calling TAS-M underrated?

Quote:
The TDKR boards are scary, I don't go there hehe. Haven't been there since before the film was released. I don't its likely there will be comparisons of SM3 to TDKR, I just can see a comparison of the two from my perspective.
It's not scary at all, haha. Unless you come aboard with a very biased view, that's all, lol.