The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

View Poll Results: Hobbit An Unexpected Journey.
10 16 20.78%
9 22 28.57%
8 15 19.48%
7 7 9.09%
6 13 16.88%
5 3 3.90%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #101
regwec
Shakespearo

Default Re: Official 'The Hobbit' Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek View Post
will this be the worst movie to make a billion if it gets there? have to be close.
Have none of the Twilight movies achieved that feat?

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #102
Drizzle
Age of Ultron

Quote:
will this be the worst movie to make a billion if it gets there? have to be close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
avengers already takes that award
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #103
Slushy
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
I watched Fellowship of the Ring (director's cut) last night after watching "The Hobbit" twice already, I had to refresh my memory since the last time I seen the original trilogy was when it was still in theaters. I love the references to "The Hobbit." We even see the 3 trolls who turned to stone lol.
I like how The Hobbit tied into FOTR with the set-up. The main gripe I had was the differences in how Bilbo found The Ring.

In FOTR, we are shown that wearing a blue cloak, he stumbles across the ring in the dark with his hands saying "What's this? What's this?" and puts in his pocket then Gollum screams in the background.

In The Hobbit,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
we are shown that wearing a RED cloak, he uses Sting as a flashlight to pick it up after seeing it fall from Gollum's posession. He doesn't even bother to say "What's this? What's this?"

Was it really so hard to just reshoot the same scene as close as possible with Martin Freeman? G** damn it, I hate retcons! And seeing how Jackson directed the same movie, I don't understand why he had to go back on he had established!

Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #104
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

That part didn't bother me at all. It was clear from the beginning they'd have to shoot it differently as the version in FOTR was so condensed. It makes no sense for Bilbo to pick up the ring and Gollum to scream immediately after, with Bilbo reacting to the scream.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #105
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Yeah, I saw that more as just part of Galadriel's story condensed to imagination when telling it.

It's like telling any story. What you tell to someone doesn't exactly turn out the way it happened in real life.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #106
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

^This one's got it.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #107
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Whatchu talkin' about, willis??

Hobbit and "worst" should never be put together.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #108
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Hobbit is an excellent, fun film. Certainly not the "worst."

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #109
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

I still haven't seen this movie. Some of my friends say it sucks, but I still want to see it. I love the LOTR trilogy, is it a film you guys would recommend watching?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #110
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
I still haven't seen this movie. Some of my friends say it sucks, but I still want to see it. I love the LOTR trilogy, is it a film you guys would recommend watching?
Having seen it 3 times myself (once in 2D, twice in 3DHFR) and enjoying it more each time (and I loved it the first time I saw it) ... I would say yes.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 01-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #111
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Especially not since the last godawful Transformers movie grossed a billion.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #112
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
I've seen it 3 times and enjoy it more each time.

Just don't expect it to be very similar to LOTR. It is very tonally, thematically, and in some cases visually different. This reflects the differences between the books. Also expect to see some added material that isn't in the "Hobbit" but is from the LOTR appendices.

My full review is in my signature if you are interested.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #113
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
I'd recommend it. Its my favorite and I think the best film of 2012, I'd even say its the best film in theaters right now.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #114
Mike_D202
Green Lantern's roommate

I really enjoyed "The Hobbit" more than the original trilogy, just seemed more fun to me anyways. More entertaining. The original trilogy had great visuals but it seemed like everybody was trying for an acting oscar, very melodramatic. "The Hobbit" has more humor and is just plain more fun in my opinion. Loved it.

I imagine there was more of "MoS was a disappointment," with maybe a splash of "DC is dragging their feet." Maybe even "DC is just making a cash grab."
Old 01-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #115
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Agreed. It's better than I'd thought it'd be given the feedback I read before going in. I'd rank it last out of all the Middle Earth films released up to this point, but it's not a Schumacher.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Old 01-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #116
CGHulk
Green Guy

Collectors Models
http://eaglemoss.com/hobbit/default.aspx#

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 01-14-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24 AM   #117
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Agreed. It's better than I'd thought it'd be given the feedback I read before going in. I'd rank it last out of all the Middle Earth films released up to this point, but it's not a Schumacher.
Same here, I was actually considering not going to see it due to some bad reviews and the odd bad piece of WOM, but I am so glad I went to see it, loved it, one of the best of 2012 for me.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #118
Drizzle
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
That reminds me of the "Return of the King" end credit portraits. Speaking of which, I wonder if they'll do the same thing for the "There and Back Again" credits.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #119
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

nevermind.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #120
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

This new official pic (new to me, at least) was posted on the official movie Twitter account. They didn't say which movie it was from but I suspect it is from the beginning of the next one, as Beorn gives the Dwarves ponies.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 PM   #121
CGHulk
Green Guy

Actually that picture is not new it was online months ago when it was part of the promotion for the first movie when there was only going to be two movies.

Here it is from a few months ago. It's also a large file.
http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress....t-033314r1.jpg
http://thorinoakenshield.net/the-hob...allery/#scenes

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 01-16-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #122
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Hmm... interesting. Well it certainly was not in the film so I wonder if it is from the extended edition or from the beginning of the next film?

It would really be cool to have a "Hobbit Official Pictures No Discussion" thread to keep track of all this stuff!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #123
CGHulk
Green Guy

Quote:
Hmm... interesting. Well it certainly was not in the film so I wonder if it is from the extended edition or from the beginning of the next film?

It would really be cool to have a "Hobbit Official Pictures No Discussion" thread to keep track of all this stuff!
Or you could just keep track of them by going here.
http://thorinoakenshield.net/the-hob...allery/#scenes.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #124
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Absolutely! The only part that felt tacked on was the Stone Giant sequence (I would've preferred we just saw them in the background duking it out while the Company sought sanctuary in the cave). I found it more impressive, in terms of visuals. The dwarven kingdom at the beginning is epic, and Gollum will, as usual, give you mood-whiplash.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:12 AM   #125
Piper Maru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Having seen it 3 times myself (once in 2D, twice in 3DHFR) and enjoying it more each time (and I loved it the first time I saw it) ... I would say yes.
Quote:
I've seen it 3 times and enjoy it more each time.

Just don't expect it to be very similar to LOTR. It is very tonally, thematically, and in some cases visually different. This reflects the differences between the books. Also expect to see some added material that isn't in the "Hobbit" but is from the LOTR appendices.

My full review is in my signature if you are interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I'd recommend it. Its my favorite and I think the best film of 2012, I'd even say its the best film in theaters right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Absolutely! The only part that felt tacked on was the Stone Giant sequence (I would've preferred we just saw them in the background duking it out while the Company sought sanctuary in the cave). I found it more impressive, in terms of visuals. The dwarven kingdom at the beginning is epic, and Gollum will, as usual, give you mood-whiplash.
Well that does it. I know what I'm going to see this weekend! Thanks for the replies everyone.

Last edited by Piper Maru; 01-17-2013 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Wow, this is my 1,000th post! OMFG!!!!!
Closed Thread