The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #576
JackWhite
Third Man
 
JackWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,713
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

I know this was cut from the tunnel fight between Batman/Catwoman vs the mercenaries:





Stupid IMAX limitations.

JackWhite is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #577
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
And the sky is blue
Such an intelligent reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
I would've liked to see it return.
I as well. I would have kept the shaky cam experience only with thugs though, not against the main villains.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #578
RustyCage
Come what may..
 
RustyCage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gotham
Posts: 4,010
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I as well. I would have kept the shaky cam experience only with thugs though, not against the main villains.
Of course, yeah. The first Bane fight was awesome. It just works better for disarming dudes with guns.

Camera use aside, you would think he'd use less direct tactics in these situations more often.

__________________
Why do we fall?
RustyCage is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #579
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Like the docks fight where he took out the lights first and picked apart guys one at a time at first.

You know, that's my biggest complaint about the penthouse fight in TDK...it fits Batman more to have turned those lights off before walking in there to fight Joker. Let alone, NO ONE notices him in a heavily lit room, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 11:03 PM   #580
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,548
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

The docks was still well lit. You could still clearly make out everyone and everything. I don't know why he knocked out those few lights. Didn't make any difference. They could see Batman, they just couldn't get a lock on him because he was moving around in a wide open area with lots of crates and things to hide behind. They could open fire at him and in this situation there wasn't the worry of any innocents being harmed.

Knocking out the lights in the penthouse would have made it so dark that you couldn't see the hand in front of your face, and may have caused Joker's men to panic and open fire and hit innocent people with stray bullets in a very confined space that was filled with them.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 02-06-2013 at 11:18 PM.
The Joker is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #581
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
The docks was still well lit. You could still clearly make out everyone and everything. I don't know why he knocked out those few lights. Didn't make any difference. They could see Batman, they just couldn't get a lock on him because he was moving around in a wide open area with lots of crates and things to hide behind. They could open fire at him and in this situation there wasn't the worry of any innocents being harmed.
Just to scare the living **** out of those guys is the best reasons why he probably just took down a few lights, but it definitely helped with the whole mystery of Batman.

Quote:
Knocking out the lights in the penthouse would have made it so dark that you couldn't see the hand in front of your face, and may have caused Joker's men to panic and open fire and hit innocent people with stray bullets in a very confined space that was filled with them.
Ehh, yah, you have a point. But still, seriously no one notices Batman walking up to Joker? Not one of his thugs says anything? Never got that scene even if that entire scene was so badass.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #582
RustyCage
Come what may..
 
RustyCage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gotham
Posts: 4,010
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

The docks weren't nearly as well lit. The first dude he takes out he snatches them away into a deep shadow.

He knocked out the lights to scare them.

You have a good point about the party scene fight.

__________________
Why do we fall?
RustyCage is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 04:30 AM   #583
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!
 
Doctor Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 6,417
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

I'm still pissed TDKR is being nominated for anything. As well as other Oscar snubs that's making me boycott the Academy this year.


__________________
ben: hello im ben...
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=453945
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

______________
\__\_l_l_/__/
\_______/
l_
l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Doctor Who is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #584
RustyCage
Come what may..
 
RustyCage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Gotham
Posts: 4,010
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143


__________________
Why do we fall?
RustyCage is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #585
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,532
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Just to scare the living **** out of those guys is the best reasons why he probably just took down a few lights, but it definitely helped with the whole mystery of Batman.
Agreed. Also strategic, getting people into position. It's like throwing a rock for a diversion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Ehh, yah, you have a point. But still, seriously no one notices Batman walking up to Joker? Not one of his thugs says anything? Never got that scene even if that entire scene was so badass.
I always presumed Batman dropped down from the roof. If Bruce had a hidden panic room chance are he had other compartments.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #586
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick
 
Dragon_316ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,369
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Part one of a three-part article on The Dark Knight Trilogy as a whole, but more or less specifically about The Dark Knight Rises that questions if Nolan achieved something with the film:

http://voicesfromkrypton.net/the-dar...-right-part-1/

Just putting up some of the stuff I liked about part one



I'm pleased some understand the shaky cam idea from BB.



Earlier in the article, the question asked why the title of the film is called The Dark Knight Rises, but this paragraph should have answered that question. Batman isn't a mystery anymore as he was in BB and TDK and he's fighting in daylight. He had risen to a whole level of mythology where he's a hero as clear as day(no pun intended).
Here's Part 2: http://voicesfromkrypton.net/part-2-...-get-it-right/

It also says Part 3 won't come until July 8th.

__________________
http://twitter.com/#!/Dragon_316_ca

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Dragon_316ca is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #587
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skynet
Posts: 65,730
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Can't say that TDKR doesn't make some sort of an appearance at the Oscars...


Theron, Tatum, Gordon-Levitt and Radcliffe to Make Special Appearances at the Oscars
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=100038

__________________
Short Changed Hero
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #588
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I always presumed Batman dropped down from the roof. If Bruce had a hidden panic room chance are he had other compartments.
I never thought of this really. Probably can be thought of as a way Batman entered the scene without anyone noticing, but it still gives a little questioning as to why no one notices even as Batman enters through any compartment or through the roof, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
Here's Part 2: http://voicesfromkrypton.net/part-2-...-get-it-right/

It also says Part 3 won't come until July 8th.
Hrm, nothing really insightful with part two, just going over the characters in TDKR, but once more, I think the author of the article overlooks something in part two as well.

Quote:
Batman is known throughout the DC Comic universe for always being ten steps ahead of the crowd and having a contingency plan for every possible (and even impossible) situation that he may or may not encounter....

...His brilliant mind is unsurpassed by any other character, and yet the Batman we see in the Dark Knight Trilogy is being outsmarted all the time.
Indeed Batman is outsmarted at times in the films, but Bruce ended up being ten steps ahead of everyone in the last minutes of TDKR with faking his death, rebuilding the Bat signal, giving his mansion up for the orphaned kids and giving Blake the coordinates to the Batcave.

Look forward to part three, but I don't understand why the long wait for it. And so far, an overall positive look, which pleases me.


Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-07-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #589
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz
 
BlueLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,231
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Batman detetive skills were downplayed in the films, I certainly missed Bruce being called "Detective" by Ra's, but the father-son dynamic made up for it. Also, Batman is known for interrogation and intimidation, so it wasn't out of character in Begins with Flass or in TDK with Maroni. I think, for example, that the bullet reconstruction scene for the fingerprints, the cross-reference of the names of cops with familiars on the hospital, the marked bills he gave to Gordon were nice moments of detectiveness without being going over the board with it.


Also the whole affair with the machine isn't new either (Brother Eye), and using it to find the Joker was essential because it was proven before that nobody knew where he was. Also the whole Talia affair, she was the daughter of the leader of a very dangerous organization, Ra's must have made sure that she was safe, and kept the information very close to his chest.

I think that most of the time the villains got the upper hand on Bruce it wasn't for downplaying Bruce skills, but to show how worthy adversaries his villians are.

__________________

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #590
JackWhite
Third Man
 
JackWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,713
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

I felt we got enough detective moments in the trilogy. I almost think people want to be beaten over the head with how great a detective Batman is.

- Marked Bills in the bank vault scene.
- The whole sonar machine.
- Taking ballistics off of a shot bullet.
- Taking notes at the crime scene, after Batman's first appearance at the docks - "They were splitting the shipment in two, only half went to the dealers".
- Tracking device on his mothers pearls and ultimately tracking Selina down with them.
- Deducing the ingredients of the Scarecrows fear toxin after Bruce gets gassed for the first time.
- Bruce already knowing that Lau was involved in illegal dealings with the mob, even before Lucius.

It's all there.

JackWhite is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #591
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

You even forgot a couple other things as well.

Bruce was writing down notes and doing some research right before he noticed the bat in his mansion as well as investigating that apartment in the Narrows with his scope before his first encounter with Scarecrow.

The Dark Knight had the most with Batman showing his detective skills, then Batman Begins and then The Dark Knight Rises and it makes sense for it to be in that order too, imo, because TDK was a Batman at his prime and his detective skills showed without(and you already said it) beating the topic over our heads and then in TDKR, we see an older Bruce Wayne that's been out of the "game", but he still tracked down Selina Kyle who stole his mother's pearls.

When it comes to showing Batman's "detective" skills, I would say it would have been amazing if Bruce deduced that Bane wasn't Ra's' child, but I suspect it had to be that way because we wouldn't have had such a great reveal scene with Talia.


Last edited by Anno_Domini; 02-07-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #592
JackWhite
Third Man
 
JackWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,713
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You even forgot a couple other things as well.

Bruce was writing down notes and doing some research right before he noticed the bat in his mansion as well as investigating that apartment in the Narrows with his scope before his first encounter with Scarecrow.

The Dark Knight had the most with Batman showing his detective skills, then Batman Begins and then The Dark Knight Rises and it makes sense for it to be in that order too, imo, because TDK was a Batman at his prime and his detective skills showed without(and you already said it) beating the topic over our heads and then in TDKR, we see an older Bruce Wayne that's been out of the "game", but he still tracked down Selina Kyle who stole his mother's pearls.

When it comes to showing Batman's "detective" skills, I would say it would have been amazing if Bruce deduced that Bane wasn't Ra's' child, but I suspect it had to be that way because we wouldn't have had such a great reveal scene with Talia.
Haha, yeah I had to take a shower, lol.

Not to "one up" you Anno, but I really forgot about Bruce listening in to Flass and Falcone's conversation about putting a hit out on Rachel. I think we really need a comprehensive list of detective moments in TDK Trilogy.

JackWhite is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #593
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Ah yes! Hahaha, that and when he's over hearing Rachel and Crane talk as well.

Indeed, a list would be great. Maybe I'll make a list myself the next time I have a TDK trilogy marathon.

Also, don't forget while Bruce has been known to use disguises, Bruce did disguise himself for a moment in BB as a bum.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #594
JackWhite
Third Man
 
JackWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,713
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Ah yes! Hahaha, that and when he's over hearing Rachel and Crane talk as well.

Indeed, a list would be great. Maybe I'll make a list myself the next time I have a TDK trilogy marathon.

Also, don't forget while Bruce has been known to use disguises, Bruce did disguise himself for a moment in BB as a bum.
Yep, he sure did. I love these movies so much, haha.

I also loved his "leverage over judge Faden" with the incriminating pictures he gave Rachel. Real good stuff.

JackWhite is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #595
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,769
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

I don't think people want to see "detective skills".

They want to see "Batman's detective skills".

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #596
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.
 
antsman41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,780
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
I felt we got enough detective moments in the trilogy. I almost think people want to be beaten over the head with how great a detective Batman is.

- Marked Bills in the bank vault scene.
- The whole sonar machine.
- Taking ballistics off of a shot bullet.
- Taking notes at the crime scene, after Batman's first appearance at the docks - "They were splitting the shipment in two, only half went to the dealers".
- Tracking device on his mothers pearls and ultimately tracking Selina down with them.
- Deducing the ingredients of the Scarecrows fear toxin after Bruce gets gassed for the first time.
- Bruce already knowing that Lau was involved in illegal dealings with the mob, even before Lucius.

It's all there.
Tracking possible allies and criminals in Gotham City... before becoming Batman.

__________________
Gliding o'er all, through all... through nature, time, & space. As a ship on the waters advancing, the voyage of the soul... not life alone. Death, many deaths, I'll sing.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is online now  
Old 02-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #597
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,021
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I don't think people want to see "detective skills".

They want to see "Batman's detective skills".
Which is precisely what we got.

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #598
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
Tracking possible allies and criminals in Gotham City... before becoming Batman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You even forgot a couple other things as well.

Bruce was writing down notes and doing some research right before he noticed the bat in his mansion


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I don't think people want to see "detective skills".

They want to see "Batman's detective skills".
So there has to be a difference?

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #599
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,548
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
I felt we got enough detective moments in the trilogy. I almost think people want to be beaten over the head with how great a detective Batman is.

- Marked Bills in the bank vault scene.
- The whole sonar machine.
- Taking ballistics off of a shot bullet.
- Taking notes at the crime scene, after Batman's first appearance at the docks - "They were splitting the shipment in two, only half went to the dealers".
- Tracking device on his mothers pearls and ultimately tracking Selina down with them.
- Deducing the ingredients of the Scarecrows fear toxin after Bruce gets gassed for the first time.
- Bruce already knowing that Lau was involved in illegal dealings with the mob, even before Lucius.

It's all there.
- Finding Melvin White's apartment
- Finding the names of all the Cops who had relatives in hospitals and sending it to Gordon to warn him

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #600
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.
 
antsman41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,780
Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
- Finding Melvin White's apartment
- Finding the names of all the Cops who had relatives in hospitals and sending it to Gordon to warn him
I love the fact that Bruce memorized every GC cops face/name.

__________________
Gliding o'er all, through all... through nature, time, & space. As a ship on the waters advancing, the voyage of the soul... not life alone. Death, many deaths, I'll sing.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.