The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #501
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Thought I should put this somewhere:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/zack-...wars-film.html
Adios, Man of Steel sequel, Zack.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #502
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Well that sucks

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #503
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

If WB is planning on launching JL with Cavill, any plans Zack may or may not have had for sequels may be disrupted anyways.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #504
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Well I definitely think Justice League is gonna be our next Superman film after MOS maybe that's how they solved the secret identity problem

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #505
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Well, Nolan did do other things simultaneously with the TDK-trilogy, so all is not lost.

But this should be damn interesting. I've been looking forward to some gnarly Star Wars spin-offs. "The Fortune of Bib Fortuna" or "A Day In The Life Of IG-88".

Old 01-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #506
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

I thought Zack would stick with Superman and help build up/godfather the DC movie universe at WB and now he could be leaving for Star Wars and Disney. At the same time, his version of SW could be interesting. So I have mixed feelings about all of this.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #507
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Damn. I'm excited for Snyder but where does that lead the MOS franchise ? Looks like Superman's next film after MOS may very well be in a JLA film.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #508
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

I mean, this is just conjecture, but let's say you are Zack. You create the MOS and you are quite proud of it. You maybe have ideas for sequels. You state that this Superman is going to be his own thing, not connected to any JL films.

Then, when the film is finished, WB changes gears and says they DO want your Superman to be in a JL film, and that this film will be next instead of MOS 2.

Do you still feel as excited about making sequels? Or do you say, "hey maybe I'll do a Star Wars film instead?"

Old 01-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #509
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

What if the JL movie pushed the MOS sequel further back than Snyder anticipated when he signed up. So that he has the time to make his SW movie. And a MOS sequel is still possible for him, but not for a long while? Unless WB want to make the MOS sequel asap, once they find out if MOS is a success.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #510
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Well, Nolan did do other things simultaneously with the TDK-trilogy, so all is not lost.

But this should be damn interesting. I've been looking forward to some gnarly Star Wars spin-offs. "The Fortune of Bib Fortuna" or "A Day In The Life Of IG-88".
Agreed. Some think the two films Nolan did between Batman movies were his best (I'm not as big a fan of The Prestige as some are, though).

I think a director needs to take a break from a particularly universe for his own sanity. I feel the The Two Towers and Return of the King suffered a bit because Jackson was exhausted. Still great movies, but each one was progressively less held together than the previous.

Plus, if they're going to JL in 2015, there's no way they're getting a second MOS out before then. Lots of time to do side projects.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #511
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Or maybe "I'll do Star Wars while you do Justice League and come back for Man of Steel 2."

Old 01-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #512
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
What if the JL movie pushed the MOS sequel further back than Snyder anticipated when he signed up. So that he has the time to make his SW movie. And a MOS sequel is still possible for him, but not for a long while? Unless WB want to make the MOS sequel asap, once they find out if MOS is a success.
A MOS sequel in 2017 seems the most likely, with 2016 a reasonable possibility. If he couldn't get two movies done in that time frame, then he's got issue.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #513
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Or maybe "I'll do Star Wars while you do Justice League and come back for Man of Steel 2."
I think that's exactly what's going to happen.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #514
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Quote:
Yeah, that's possible too...

Old 01-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #515
Mako
Galactic Crusier

Quote:
That's what I'm hoping for. However if MOS does good numbers I could see WB pushing for a sequel sooner than later which could create a bit of a mess.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #516
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Indeed. Plus, the article is a bit light on the details. Does "developing" a Star Wars movie necessarily mean directing it?

Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #517
Krumm
Beer Snob

I'm not sure what "developing" is really supposed to mean, but I don't take this news as being set in stone.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #518
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Indeed. Plus, the article is a bit light on the details. Does "developing" a Star Wars movie necessarily mean directing it?
Exactly.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #519
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

What else could he do? He's not exactly a big writer, but I guess there are other departments for him to be involved in.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #520
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

That is a fair point as Snyder developed the 300 sequel but didn't end up directing it.

Though he may really want a stab at directing a SW movie.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #521
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

How trustworthy is that site?

I would love to know what their original source of information actually was, cause half of the article seems like assumptions based on what little info they have.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #522
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Vulture is quite a reputable site and is associated with New York magazine.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #523
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I just wish we knew if they are basing all of this on facts that it is actually happening, or because some source mentioned that this idea was put out there at some point and it's actually something that may never happen.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 01-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #524
andresgvasquez
Banned User

New Man of Steel statue. Superman does seem like an alien with this design of suit

Old 01-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #525
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
What else could he do? He's not exactly a big writer, but I guess there are other departments for him to be involved in.
Producing would qualify. Nolan is the one that developed MOS after all.

Closed Thread