The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #526
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Producing would qualify. Nolan is the one that developed MOS after all.
I'd just assume it be a bigger role the way it's all over the web right now. We'll see though. Exiting times...

Old 01-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #527
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

I hope Snyder sticks with Supes...

I know we may never get anything as cohesive as Nolan's own trilogy again, but I'd still like Snyder to stick around for 2 more movies.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 01-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #528
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Superman fans just can't seem to catch a break, huh folks? =(

Old 01-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #529
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Hey you, stop that!

There's hope..

Old 01-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #530
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I'd just assume it be a bigger role the way it's all over the web right now. We'll see though. Exiting times...
Very exciting, indeed.

But really, I don't know anything. He could definitely end up directing, I'm just not taking this news as the end of his involvement in Superman.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #531
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Yeah... it's a little early for the ''woe is me'' stuff.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 01-14-2013, 02:30 PM   #532
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Very exciting, indeed.

But really, I don't know anything. He could definitely end up directing, I'm just not taking this news as the end of his involvement in Superman.
Oh, definitely not. I dont know why anyone is. People are so sensitive...

Old 01-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #533
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Superman fans just can't seem to catch a break, huh folks? =(

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 01-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #534
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I have not lost all faith for a cohesive and well done trilogy for Superman
Btw, I'm totally buying that MOS statue when it comes out. 130 bucks well spent lol.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #535
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

We're getting a new Superman movie in less than 6 months. How is that "not catching a breaking?"

Old 01-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #536
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Well I guess Snyder doing a Star Wars film doesn't rule him out if Man of Steel 2 remember Nolan did films in between his Batman films. I suppose if Cavill's next outing as Superman is Justice League I guess that gives him plenty if time.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #537
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

hmmmm........I love Superman and I love SW.

so, if Snyder can do both projects, then that would be ideal!!!

I do hope it doesn't affect the MOS sequels, though.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #538
batman44
Go Speed GO

If Snyder isn't coming back for an MOS sequel than I nominate Duncan Jones.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #539
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

There are plenty of able directors out there, but I prefer Snyder doing a Nolan = seeing it all the way through.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #540
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

One thing I'd be worried about, if Snyder doesn't do a sequel, is the stylistic shift. Snyder's films have a very unique visual style. Its something that I'd like to be consistent through the films.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #541
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
One thing I'd be worried about, if Snyder doesn't do a sequel, is the stylistic shift. Snyder's films have a very unique visual style. Its something that I'd like to be consistent through the films.
Very good point. Though MOS looks to be his most moderate visually, after DOTD.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #542
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Stylistic shift wouldn't be bothersome if the sequel has an entirely different narrative tone than MOS.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #543
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Hey you, stop that!

There's hope..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post

Well like others have mentioned...

1. Granted, while we are getting a Superman film in 6 months from now, what I'm upset about is that it seems like that there might be a chance where we'll have to go through another period of the whole "will they or will they not" make a sequel to MOS.

2. Others have also pointed out that if Snyder leaves, then there will be a obvious notice in the chance since he does have a specific visual style; plus, it doesn't look like either Nolan or Goyer are returning to the project. If anything, their collaboration on a superman film for MOS seems to becoming a "once in a lifetime" ordeal.

3. Having a potentially disaster JLA film right before a MOS sequel could just end up hurting superman's franchise.

I mean I'd hate to sound like a Debbie Downer in this, but I never really thought that I'd have to worry about the quality of this franchise before the first film was even released.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #544
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Stylistic shift wouldn't be bothersome if the sequel has an entirely different narrative tone than MOS.
I think it would be jarring. I still find the color correction of the fourth Die Hard film jarring after watching the first three films. I think a consistent visual style is usually better for a franchise.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #545
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I think it would be jarring. I still find the color correction of the fourth Die Hard film jarring after watching the first three films. I think a consistent visual style is usually better for a franchise.
That would depend on whether we're getting a coherent trilogy or just random sequels. A trilogy should have as much continuity and consistency as possible. Sequels can be more lose that way.

I want a trilogy here. And the same director. So I agree.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #546
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I'm unsure what to make of this news. The idea of Snyder doing a Seven Samurai inspired film in the Star Wars universe sounds awesome. The idea of him jumping ship because WB plans on moving straight into a JL film before doing a MOS sequel does not. Also, as cool as all these Star Wars spinoffs sound now, I do slightly fear that it could be overexposed and milked dry not too far down the road. But that's neither here nor there.

It's too early to jump to any conclusions just yet I guess. I'm hoping for the best. If this movie is as good as it looks, and ends up being a success, hopefully WB will do whatever it takes to protect what they have.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 01-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #547
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
That would depend on whether we're getting a coherent trilogy or just random sequels. A trilogy should have as much continuity and consistency as possible. Sequels can be more lose that way.

I want a trilogy here. And the same director. So I agree.
Agreed; hell, it'd be nice for one superman franchise to have had a director fully direct two films, but I don't think that will be the case anymore; and I fear for the quality of the remaining installments since with the inclusion of a JLA universe in MOS's one, well, putting it delicately, it'll be like that jarring effect that the MCU had on Iron Man's sequel; where there was a obvious shift in tone and quality between the first and second one once the MCU became a reality for them.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #548
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, but this looks to be the start of the official merchandise rolling out giving us an awesome look at the suit. The yellow looks really bright in the S here too. I think I might just pick this up for only $130

Old 01-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #549
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Oops just saw it on the previous page, my bad.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #550
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I still can't get over how his costume is just one solid chunk of blue. It needs something more than that skinny yellow belt to break up the color.