The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #576
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresgvasquez View Post
It's confirmed. Zack Snyder's Star Wars film is a fake rumor. There's still hopes for MOS 2!
No it isn't, reps are supposed to say "no" even if it's true and him doing Star Wars doesn't mean he won't do MOS 2. Did Prestige prevent Dark Knight? Did Inception prevent The Dark Knight Rises?

Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #577
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
It's confirmed. Zack Snyder's Star Wars film is a fake rumor.
No, it's not actually.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #578
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Yep Reps often fib.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #579
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
It's confirmed. Zack Snyder to direct a Star Wars film is a fake. There's still hopes for MOS 2!
Not entirely, since I think McClay just mentioned above that Reps and Studios have been known to release false statements like that.

Even if Snyder isn't directing or attached to the SW project, the JLA film could always cancel out the MOS sequel, that or numerous other things.

Wow, it feels like de ja vu in a way around here of 2007, back when some of us were wondering on whether we'd get a SR sequel..first it was us thinking that it just needed to make 200 million domestically..then it was us wondering on what the status of it was when Singer took on directing Valkerie, etc.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #580
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
No it isn't, reps are supposed to say "no" even if it's true and him doing Star Wars doesn't mean he won't do MOS 2. Did Prestige prevent Dark Knight? Did Inception prevent The Dark Knight Rises?
Neither of those films though to had to worry about the studio forcing out the JLA film as it does now.lol

Old 01-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #581
FilmNerdJamie
Magneto was right!
SHH! Global Moderator

Dynamite meet boom.

Quote:
UPDATE: Though the Hollywood Reporter quoted Snyder's rep as saying that he "is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars," Vulture stands by its story. This reporter heard through a source very familiar with the situation that Snyder recently flew up to Marin County to meet with Lucasfilm execs about the project. When subsequently contacted by Vulture, Snyder's spokesperson would only repeat that he "is" not currently involved. One should note the possible political ramifications here of our original story break: Snyder's last Warner Bros. film, Sucker Punch, lost millions for the studio, and execs there could have become distressed at the idea of him getting involved with another studio's franchise when they have so much at stake with their upcoming Man of Steel want him available for an immediate sequel.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/zack-...ulture+Blog%29

Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #582
king666
(¨‿¨)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Whatever plans that they have for a JLA film, since no matter what anyone says, itíll happen someday eventually; I hope it takes place like Rust (I think it was him that said this) said, with the JL franchise taking place after the events of MOSís trilogy.
This.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #583
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

And that makes perfect sense on why he isn't just blabbing about the potential project. Is it still potential. or is it a done deal cause it sounds like it's just potential right now.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #584
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Saw this earlier...

http://scottalanmendelson.blogspot.c...elm-stand.html

Quote:
Speaking of which, Man of Steel is coming out six months from today. There were rumors after Sucker Punch bombed that Warner Bros. wanted him off Man of Steel but that Chris Nolan fought to keep him around. The fact that Disney wants Snyder to helm the first 'off-the-beaten path' Star Wars film can only mean one thing: Disney executives (along with Warner executives) have seen enough of Man of Steel that they feel they can trust him with their new crown jewel. In short, this probably means that Man of Steel is every bit as good as the last trailer promised. So it's a good news day for genre fans. Star Wars is going in a completely expanded and promising direction. Disney got the right director to start things off. And Man of Steel apparently rocks.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #585
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Neither of those films though to had to worry about the studio forcing out the JLA film as it does now.lol
... Ok...

Old 01-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #586
sup101
Side-Kick

Yea just because he talked with them don't mean he agreed to do it.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #587
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Always nice to see Scott Mendelson get a shout out.

Spill

Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #588
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
... Ok...
I meant in the sense where when Nolan was still making the Dark Knight films back in the day, it was pretty much a given deal that those two latter films were going to be made, so Nolan could go and make other great films during the breaks he had between his batman films.

it's superman's franchise that I'm worried about because unlike those two latter films, with a JLA film appearing on the horizon, Superman could get absorbed into those films and whether they tank or soar in the box office, Warner Bros. may want to focus on the JL series over a solo superman series.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #589
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Very true. And it makes sense why Snyder's rep is being so hush hush.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:24 PM   #590
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
The MOS costume seems to have bright colors except on film.
Or maybe we just haven't seen the scenes that it will be the "brightest".

It seems kind of silly that they would make a statue with colors that don't reflect what the suit will actually look like on film.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 PM   #591
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Very true. And it makes sense why Snyder's rep is being so hush hush.
Well if Man of Steel is so good, why would Snyder leave it and why would WB let him go?

Old 01-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #592
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Well if Man of Steel is so good, why would Snyder leave it
money
Quote:
and why would WB let him go?
money

dictated, not read.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #593
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
money

money
Yep. But like others have said, WB can go and do JLA, and snyder can come back for MOS 2 afterwards. Even though i would want MOS 2 before JLA.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #594
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixdexia View Post
money

money
That was partly my point. I don't think the quality of MOS has anything to do with this.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #595
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

loving the statue...the colors look great!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #596
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Yep. But like others have said, WB can go and do JLA, and snyder can come back for MOS 2 afterwards. Even though i would want MOS 2 before JLA.
Wouldn't we all?lol

Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #597
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
Wouldn't we all?lol
nope

dictated, not read.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #598
mclay18
Side-Kick

I don't think things will be dire if Snyder leaves a MOS sequel in favor of a Star Wars spinoff. Whoever directs MOS 2 won't have to deal with the pesky origin story... if WB is smart, they'll get a Francis Lawrence who can get along with the cast and get things done.

But this potential WB vs. Disney conflict won't be pretty.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #599
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

MoS will survive with or without Snyder. If Supes can survive Bryan Singer's p.o.s. SR to make it back to the big screen in less than 10 years then he can survive a director change lol

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #600
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Jeff Sneider @TheInSneider
No clue how REAL the Zack Snyder - Star Wars offshoot rumors are but I GUARANTEE he met with Kathy Kennedy to pitch her that Seven Jedi idea

I think he could do both a MoS sequel and a Star Wars movie and I'd definitely like him to. We'll see what happens.

Closed Thread