The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #601
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
MoS will survive with or without Snyder. If Supes can survive Bryan Singer's p.o.s. SR to make it back to the big screen in less than 10 years then he can survive a director change lol
True, but I wouldn't personally want to see superman rebooted again if the next film fails and have to wait till god knows when for the next film to come forth.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #602
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresgvasquez View Post
New Man of Steel statue. Superman does seem like an alien with this design of suit

That statue is fantastic! I want it...I love how colorful it is. I only hope that translates onto film. I'm nervous, a lot of things have me excited about the film but I'm also really nervous about it as its so....new?

Old 01-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #603
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Doesn't an MOS 2 depend more on Nolan than Snyder?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #604
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

How do you figure that?

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #605
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
True, but I wouldn't personally want to see superman rebooted again if the next film fails and have to wait till god knows when for the next film to come forth.
If MOS turns out to be the hit WB is praying for, I'd hope they'd learn from the mistakes made on past movies if Snyder isn't in the picture for sequels. I doubt WB and Disney would work out a 'sharing' deal for Snyder like Fox and Lionsgate did for Jennifer Lawrence, since she's the star and he's a BTS guy.

A director transition can be done well, but only if folks are on the same page. I don't think Nolan will be involved with a MOS sequel either (his brother and David Goyer probably but not him).

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #606
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I'd like if Snyder did non-genre films in-between the MOS films. This worked best for the TDK trilogy, there was 3-4 year gaps between each film which I think gave enough time for Nolan and Goyer to determine which direction was best thematically and storywise.

Ideal Snyder timeline for me:
2013 - MOS
2015 - The Last Photograph
2017 - MOS2
2018 - (Another original film)
2020 - MOS3

Then after that WB can be free to start up a serialized continuity that is of a lighter tone like the MCU, completely free of the Nolan/Snyder films.

The only person I could really accept to do the sequel to MOS if it couldn't be Snyder, would be Christopher Nolan himself (especially if MOS2 was a more grounded sequel with Lex Luthor).

Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 PM   #607
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
How do you figure that?
Well, I mean he's the "godfather" of it all. Much like Batman, once he, Goyer, and/or his brother come up with an idea, that's when he's fine with really putting the wheels in motion for another film. So, if Snyder ends up doing some other project that would prevent him from doing MOS 2, it's not the end of the franchise or anything like that.

Nolan is calling the shots just like he did with Batman because WB has allowed him to be in that position in order to keep him happy and hopefully have him make them millions/billions of money.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 01-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #608
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Well, I mean he's the "godfather" of it all. Much like Batman, once he, Goyer, and/or his brother come up with an idea, that's when he's fine with really putting the wheels in motion for another film. So, if Snyder ends up doing some other project that would prevent him from doing MOS 2, it's not the end of the franchise or anything like that.

Nolan is calling the shots just like he did with Batman because WB has allowed him to be in that position in order to keep him happy and hopefully have him make them millions/billions of money.
Nolan hasn't said he's staying involved past Man of Steel. And he's said he hasn't had much involvement:

Quote:
"I actually feel guilty talking about it because Im sitting here having nothing to do to it," he concluded. "I try to be as supportive as I can, and Im just amazed by what he is doing. Its not something I would know how to do.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...is-more-406448

Old 01-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #609
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Nolan hasn't said he's staying involved past Man of Steel. And he's said he hasn't had much involvement:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...is-more-406448

So people have been going with the assumption that Nolan wouldn't produce a sequel?

Isn't that quote in reference to things like directing, editing, etc.?

Goyer comes to him with an idea, he likes and runs with it. Goes to WB and they of course agree. He looks for someone to direct it because this is something he feels another director would be more successful with (I mean he's supposedly a Michael Bay fan). Snyder ends up being the guy (who's hiring didn't exactly excite all fans). Snyder does his pre-production work along with making sure Nolan's cool with it, production happens, and now they're in post production.

I'd imagine the same thing would happen if another director was hired to do MOS 2. If WB doesn't like his choice, he'll just give them his famous stare...

"

Old 01-14-2013, 10:51 PM   #610
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
So people have been going with the assumption that Nolan wouldn't produce a sequel?

Isn't that quote in reference to things like directing, editing, etc.?

Goyer comes to him with an idea, he likes and runs with it. Goes to WB and they of course agree. He looks for someone to direct it because this is something he feels another director would be more successful with (I mean he's supposedly a Michael Bay fan). Snyder ends up being the guy (who's hiring didn't exactly excite all fans). Snyder does his pre-production work along with making sure Nolan's cool with it, production happens, and now they're in post production.

I'd imagine the same thing would happen if another director was hired to do MOS 2. If WB doesn't like his choice, he'll just give them his famous stare...

Nolan hasn't said whether he's staying onboard pass this film, and I thought he was going to focus on his own ideas now that Batman is finished.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #611
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Nolan hasn't said whether he's staying onboard pass this film, and I thought he was going to focus on his own ideas now that Batman is finished.
Well, yeah he's moving on to other things. But, I don't see why that would stop him from being a producer on possible future MOS films.

"

Old 01-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #612
andresgvasquez
Banned User

I was viewing some set photos when suddenly I noticed something wrong...

Last edited by andresgvasquez; 01-14-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #613
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

What's so weird?

"

Old 01-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #614
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Captain America shirt or guy licking his fingers and admiring Henry?

Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #615
andresgvasquez
Banned User

Captain America shirt...

Old 01-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #616
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

You do know that people work on more than one film in their lives? A guy that worked on Cap is working on MoS. Big whoop.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:07 AM   #617
sup101
Side-Kick

That picture so old! It's from 2011.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #618
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Wow yall take everything so serious. He was obviously just teasing.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #619
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

I love the MOS suit! Cant wait to see more of it. Although the statue above doesnt look that much like Cavill, it certainly has the MOS suit right, colors and all.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:40 AM   #620
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Captain America shirt...
soooooo??? people do work on multiple movies. They don't usually do just one and then stop...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #621
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Captain America shirt...
is a really awesome shirt?

Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 AM   #622
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Well, yeah he's moving on to other things. But, I don't see why that would stop him from being a producer on possible future MOS films.

Exactly. Especially since Nolans production house Syncopy is part of the MOS production.

Chances are they will also be involved in the MOS sequel as well.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 AM   #623
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post

Haven't seen this posted anywhere, but this looks to be the start of the official merchandise rolling out giving us an awesome look at the suit. The yellow looks really bright in the S here too. I think I might just pick this up for only $130

This is awesome!

Old 01-15-2013, 01:40 AM   #624
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Adios, Man of Steel sequel, Zack.

If anything, I think this will mean Snyder will not be directing the JL film, kinda like what Cosmic Book News "reported".

Snyder may still direct the MOS sequel though.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:48 AM   #625
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
If anything, I think this will mean Snyder will not be directing the JL film, kinda like what Cosmic Book News "reported".

Snyder may still direct the MOS sequel though.
Snyder denied the Star wars involvement. If that means anything.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Closed Thread