The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #801
andresgvasquez
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

I had the same reaction when I saw the 2nd trailer. Since I saw Clark on water, inmediately I remembered that description and then the trailer lost a part of his "surprise effect" for me.
I don't want that to happen again.

I really liked the 2nd trailer, but the Comic-Con footage was the best IMO.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #802
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

I'm still wondering if we'll get any International trailers for this since they tend have quite a bit of new footage present in them at times, and are edited better than the domestic ones for some cases.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #803
andresgvasquez
Banned User

I would be happy if WB does the advertising campaign this way:

February - Superbowl commercial
March - MOS Trailer 3 in Jack the Giant Slayer
April - Images, clips, etc.
May - Making of Man of Steel (Featurette)

Wouldn't request more...

Old 01-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #804
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresgvasquez View Post
I would be happy if WB does the advertising campaign this way:

February - Superbowl commercial
March - MOS Trailer 3 in Jack the Giant Slayer
April - Images, clips, etc.
May - Making of Man of Steel (Featurette)

Wouldn't request more...

Add some images and news articles in late January, and you got yourself a deal.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #805
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

There's a guy on IMDB spilling massive spoilers about the film. I have received 3 long PM's from him about the film. Taking everything with a grain of salt, as he says his brother is really good friends with Snyder, and his brother was shown a rough cut of the film by Snyder a few days ago. The info he's sending out could be fake, could be real, who knows. I will say all the info I've read sounds very plausible. But again, it's easy to make **** up.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #806
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Whatever you do, PLEASE post any of this info in spoiler tags.

Actually, all this talk of spoilers and wanting to avoid them has got me thinking we should really have more than one thread in the non spoilers MOS forum...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #807
echostation
Banned User

Dude. Spill the beans bro. What is the guy from imdb saying. Post it here or pm me pls

Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #808
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Guys there is so much haha. Um lemme gather all the pm's and i'll just send all of the info at once.

Echo i sent you a PM.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #809
Simo
Side-Kick

I'd like to take a PM if it's not too much trouble!

I take it these would be the YBnormal21 spoilers then?

Old 01-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #810
sup101
Side-Kick

Wb gonna be mad if this get out.Anyways PM the spoilers.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #811
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Could I get a pm as well? Thanks.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #812
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I'll post something yb said as it's more about the production of the film and less about the film itself.
Quote:
The budget was initially 185 million but later increased to 215 after Snyder showed higher ups his quick story boards ideas of some of the action sequences he had planned for the film. It was later increased to 235 million to account for extra cgi cost and the added 3D.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #813
Simo
Side-Kick

Thanks again boss for the PM!

Whether it's credible or not we'll have to wait to find out! One interesting point was the mention of Snyder apparently cutting together another trailer....which if anything could most likely be the Super Bowl spot...

Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #814
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

Interesting

Old 01-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #815
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

I may not read it, but I would love a pm as well

Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #816
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

May I have the info as well, please? Thanks.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #817
batman44
Go Speed GO

PM please.

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #818
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Whatever you do please post any spoilers with spoiler tag - I still occasionally check this forums. Even though this is a slightly "spoilerish" trend, the stuffs from the IMDB guy are just too gratuitous spoilers. Even though I was aware of it, I haven't read it and wouldn't read/see spoiler stuffs beyond official trailers and photo-shoots.

Whatever happened to the good old days when the most I could get was a glimpse in Starlog magazine and a couple of upcoming preview? In fact, in those days I used to go to the cinema stone cold, hence why Alien frightened the ***** out of me and Superman TM was magical. No internet, twitter, 24/7 TV, Apple only became a corporation the year before Superman TM was released, and remake/reboot films were in single digit numbers.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #819
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

It's kind of hard to believe though that Warner Bros. was willing to invest $235 Million into its budget considering that this is a origin film and that the last superman film didn't do so well an that was a $204 million project.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #820
Simo
Side-Kick

Are we allowed to discuss the info here via tagged or non-spoiler tagged? I'm kind of confused regarding one bit of the info involving the
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
prison planet
that has more to do with me not keeping up with all of the news and spoilers

Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #821
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

If discussion about the spoilers is going to open up here, then I'm going to be avoiding this place I'm afraid... I don't really want to know too much going into this film outside of what is revealed in trailers / pics.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #822
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Thanks con-el!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #823
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

So we can agree that the info sounds plausible. But at the same time, it's easy to make crap up. But if all this is true, then my body isn't ready for the 2 and a half hours of awesomeness.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #824
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It's kind of hard to believe though that Warner Bros. was willing to invest $235 Million into its budget considering that this is a origin film and that the last superman film didn't do so well an that was a $204 million project.
Not too hard to believe considering that a lot of FX stuffs like flying is going to cost a lot of CGI works & time.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #825
Figs
Banned User

Anyone mind sending me a PM please?

Closed Thread