The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #926
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Crazy all this new info is. Some of it sounds plausible enough. Mostly good, but also some slightly crappy stuff.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 AM   #927
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Like?

Old 01-18-2013, 03:52 AM   #928
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Just wondering...

Why is there still all this "Spoiler!!! Click to Read" crap on SHH! Sups forum (?) When there are 2 different forums for MOS that specify "Spoilers or Non-Spoilers"???.

Obviously there is no need for these "SHOW" clickers anymore. Very annoying IMO.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 01-18-2013, 03:54 AM   #929
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Because there are degrees of spoiling one would undergo.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:57 AM   #930
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

IF Zod...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
does end up killing Jor-el with is own hands, then that will make his battles with Superman even more personal; heck, it would be a first period since I think Brainiac is the only other villain to have ever killed one of Superman's parents within any incarnation.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:02 AM   #931
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Is the Coluan another name for Brainiac? If so, that's awesome.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 01-18-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #932
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
IF Zod...

does end up killing Jor-el with is own hands, then that will make his battles with Superman even more personal; heck, it would be a first period since I think Brainiac is the only other villain to have ever killed one of Superman's parents within any incarnation.
Very true.

It doesn't get much more personal than killing someones daddy. There have been many a movie about revenge plots to avenge a father's death. Although I am curious, when will Superman become privy to this information? If I had to guess, I would say Zod tells him near the end as a way of taunting Supes. Which of course will backfire big time. Angry Supes FTW.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #933
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Like?
The Krypton-stuff sounds a little uninspiring and some other details sounded a little forced sequel-wise. But maybe that's just how it read from the PMs.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #934
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Come on Warner Bros.; release something new today!!!!!lol

Regardless on whether this spoiler guy is legit or not, what I wouldn't give to be someone in position where I could see the rough cut of the film.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #935
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

If "news" is not official and just a rumor how can it be a spoiler? Also why label this a "spoiler" forum? Odd. I haven't been involved in this one, just observing.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #936
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Is the Coluan another name for Brainiac? If so, that's awesome.
Yes cause he's from the planet Colu

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-18-2013, 05:36 AM   #937
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Come on Warner Bros.; release something new today!!!!!lol
You say that every day, don't you?

Anyway, think of it this way. It's about as much time left until the release of MOS as there was between the teasers in July and the trailer last month. But in that time we got nothing from WB. In this time you'll get more than enough. If not before than in the last 2 months when WB throws everything but the kitchen sink out there.

Speaking of which, they way I would go about is, I'd release a 60 second spot during SB and I'd use it to debut Zod and tease the fights. Show or play at least one cool sentence by Zod, show him in his full armor and show a glimpse of Superman in battle. Like an appetizer for the final trailer. This would be a good opportunity for a cover issue perhaps, with some new stills and an introduction to Zod and co. Before that toy fair happens when all the various companies display their figures and we'll see more of Supes, Zod and Faora.

However, WB does everything the opposite of what we/I think they will/should do so that probably won't happen.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:40 AM   #938
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

As for those spoilers, I was checking out imdb just now and one guy apparently discovered a big hole in some of the stuff that person posted. I'll just copy paste the guys post on why apparently the person posting this is a phony - minor spoilers of course:

In his first topic where he was answering questions, someone asked him if Zod does anything to the Kent farm or if Ma Kent get's hurt (as we see space ships arriving at the farm). He said no, Zod only comes to talk (LOL!!!), nothing happens to the farm or Martha.

Well, that is completely untrue. I won't bother posting pics, but google man of steel kent farm and search. The Kent farm DOES get smashed up. Superman is also on the set so no it doesn't happen before that. Shannon in his full CGI outfit is also on the farm. There is also a photo of Diane Lane as Ma Kent sitting on the porch supporting her hand which WAS hurt. There were also set reports from the day when pics arrived that they filmed Zod attacking the Kent farm.

I called the dude out on it and not shortly after, what does he do? He deletes all his post and proclaims he'll only send info to Captain Gullible, I mean, DoctorModern. Obviously he was unaware or forgot about those set photos.

Anyway, not that there isn't a slew of other garbage in there, such as inconsistencies final battle with the robot force, later, don't expect a battle with the robot force he takes care of them in a single move. The suit is a lot of brighter in the film? BS. The cinematography and color palette Snyder went after is clear. The suit is as it's presented.

Not to mention everything he says is purely everything we know with a little fan-fic thrown in. Yet, people eat it all up and now it's spreading like the plague.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:41 AM   #939
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
You say that every day, don't you?

Anyway, think of it this way. It's about as much time left until the release of MOS as there was between the teasers in July and the trailer last month. But in that time we got nothing from WB. In this time you'll get more than enough. If not before than in the last 2 months when WB throws everything but the kitchen sink out there.

Speaking of which, they way I would go about is, I'd release a 60 second spot during SB and I'd use it to debut Zod and tease the fights. Show or play at least one cool sentence by Zod, show him in his full armor and show a glimpse of Superman in battle. Like an appetizer for the final trailer. This would be a good opportunity for a cover issue perhaps, with some new stills and an introduction to Zod and co. Before that toy fair happens when all the various companies display their figures and we'll see more of Supes, Zod and Faora.

However, WB does everything the opposite of what we/I think they will/should do so that probably won't happen.
lol; and I shall continue to say it until we actually get something new and substantial.lol

On another note, I just realized that it seems like Jor-el will have at least more than one outfit for this film:

His outfit on the top seems more battle oriented than the one in the bottom, and the S Emblem is attached differently for each outfit.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:45 AM   #940
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Jor-El, Zod, Clark and Perry White will all sport beards in the movie.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #941
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
As for those spoilers, I was checking out imdb just now and one guy apparently discovered a big hole in some of the stuff that person posted. I'll just copy paste the guys post on why apparently the person posting this is a phony - minor spoilers of course:

In his first topic where he was answering questions, someone asked him if Zod does anything to the Kent farm or if Ma Kent get's hurt (as we see space ships arriving at the farm). He said no, Zod only comes to talk (LOL!!!), nothing happens to the farm or Martha.

Well, that is completely untrue. I won't bother posting pics, but google man of steel kent farm and search. The Kent farm DOES get smashed up. Superman is also on the set so no it doesn't happen before that. Shannon in his full CGI outfit is also on the farm. There is also a photo of Diane Lane as Ma Kent sitting on the porch supporting her hand which WAS hurt. There were also set reports from the day when pics arrived that they filmed Zod attacking the Kent farm.

I called the dude out on it and not shortly after, what does he do? He deletes all his post and proclaims he'll only send info to Captain Gullible, I mean, DoctorModern. Obviously he was unaware or forgot about those set photos.

Anyway, not that there isn't a slew of other garbage in there, such as inconsistencies final battle with the robot force, later, don't expect a battle with the robot force he takes care of them in a single move. The suit is a lot of brighter in the film? BS. The cinematography and color palette Snyder went after is clear. The suit is as it's presented.

Not to mention everything he says is purely everything we know with a little fan-fic thrown in. Yet, people eat it all up and now it's spreading like the plague.

Oh well, like my friend's ex once told him: "It was fun while it lasted".

Old 01-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #942
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Godfrey you are on a roll today Good posts

Old 01-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #943
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Wait, Perry has a beard in MoS?

Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #944
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

"His outfit on the top seems more battle oriented than the one in the bottom, and the S Emblem is attached differently for each outfit."

Probably the same suit underneath though. Might be what Kal-El inherits, which means he indeed is wearing underwear. And nobody told him. How embarrasing.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #945
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:

Oh well, like my friend's ex once told him: "It was fun while it lasted".

Old 01-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #946
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Wait, Perry has a beard in MoS?
Ok, ok, technically it's a stubble. But it counts anyway!

Old 01-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #947
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I guess he didn't have time to pack the rest of the costume so poor Kal-el figured "I guess they didn't wear anything on top of it." *puts on suit* Earthlings ask "Who is the guy in the underwear?" and Kal-el thinks "I'm proud to carry on my heritage. At least the Kryptonians would get me." Kryptonians visit earth, point/laugh "He is wearing his underwear!"

Old 01-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #948
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I still laughed Godfrey Man of Steel: Bearded Edition

Old 01-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #949
Reel
Side-Kick

The Fortress of Solitude is a scout ship of Jor-El's that is sent as well as Kal-El's ship. In those 2 images the top one is his armour on top of the normal default Kryptonian suit that everybody wears but they have their House symbol and in different colours. In the bottom image he has a coat like thing over the top. The Superman suit is one of Jor-El's suit that he sends so Kal-El has some part of Krypton with him on Earth.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #950
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
I guess he didn't have time to pack the rest of the costume so poor Kal-el figured "I guess they didn't wear anything on top of it." *puts on suit* Earthlings ask "Who is the guy in the underwear?" and Kal-el thinks "I'm proud to carry on my heritage. At least the Kryptonians would get me." Kryptonians visit earth, point/laugh "He is wearing his underwear!"

In all seriousness, I guess the Superman suit and (the black) Zod suit is like a...I don't know...pants and shirt on Krypton and what Jor-El has on him is a coat...boy I tell ya, this Kryptonian fashion sure is confusing. I hope that Morgan Freeman shows up halfway through Man of Steel and explains it all so that the audience doesn't get confused and you know, dat Nolan realism!

Closed Thread