The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Henry Cavill As Superman
Love It 145 64.73%
Hate It 3 1.34%
I'll Deal With It 20 8.93%
Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #326
elgaz
Side-Kick
 
elgaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,778
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. View Post
I can't really see Cavill going the distance with a female MMA fighter, but who knows? She might be intelligent.
That's a very narrow-minded comment.

Why would you think she's not intelligent? Because her profession (until recently) was fighting in a ring? My brother does MMA but is one of the most intelligent and quick-witted guys I know.

It's just a sport. Don't assume someone is somehow less intelligent because they're into MMA. It's a form of fighting which actually takes a lot of discipline and strategy so I've a lot of respect for anyone who does well at it.

elgaz is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #327
Enriquespy
Side-Kick
 
Enriquespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Queretaro
Posts: 2,323
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

But if they do hockey, in the other hand...


__________________

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Enriquespy is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #328
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard
 
DarkKnight FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Right Behind You
Posts: 816
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
That's a very narrow-minded comment.

Why would you think she's not intelligent? Because her profession (until recently) was fighting in a ring? My brother does MMA but is one of the most intelligent and quick-witted guys I know.

It's just a sport. Don't assume someone is somehow less intelligent because they're into MMA. It's a form of fighting which actually takes a lot of discipline and strategy so I've a lot of respect for anyone who does well at it.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________
"Your training is nothing! Will is everything...the will to act!"

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
DarkKnight FTW is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #329
JAK®
Upstart
 
JAK®'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,363
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Why should anyone here think highly of the physically gifted? This is a superhero website, for god's sake.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You are now breathing manually.
JAK®



JAK® is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #330
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,118
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
That's a very narrow-minded comment.

Why would you think she's not intelligent? Because her profession (until recently) was fighting in a ring? My brother does MMA but is one of the most intelligent and quick-witted guys I know.

It's just a sport. Don't assume someone is somehow less intelligent because they're into MMA. It's a form of fighting which actually takes a lot of discipline and strategy so I've a lot of respect for anyone who does well at it.
Although I agree completely I think it's more due to interviews and such where perhaps she doesn't come off as regal and well versed on worldy issues as the Amy Adams/ Anne Hathaway's of the world.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #331
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,853
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
Don't know much about his ex so can't really comment on her, none of us really know these people personally.
I don't need to know someone personally to know that I don't respect horse jumpers who abuse their horses out of anger, which she has been caught on camera doing. My cousin's a horse jumper without the slightest clue who Henry Cavill is, but I know she would personally love to kick that chick's ass if she ever met her. Unless we learn something equally heinous about Carano, I would consider her an upgrade, but as you say, it's Henry's business.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 02-04-2013 at 05:05 PM.
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #332
elgaz
Side-Kick
 
elgaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,778
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I don't need to know someone personally to know that I don't respect horse jumpers who abuse their horses out of anger, which she has been caught on camera doing. My cousin's a horse jumper without the slightest clue who Henry Cavill is, but I know she would personally love to kick that chick's ass if she ever met her.
I've no great love for anyone who abuses animals in any way. However regarding that rumour - I have members of family heavily into horseriding who said it's complete rubbish and Ellen Whitaker is actually known for being pretty patient with the horses. Is that true - who knows?? I don't know her personally or know enough to comment any more than that, but she seems to have got a lot of negative press from Cavill 'fans' without appearing to actually do all that much wrong, which just seems a little unfair to me. It's too easy to form baseless opinions on someone just from reading rubbish on the web.

elgaz is offline  
Old 02-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #333
flickchick85
Loose Seal
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 11,853
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
I've no great love for anyone who abuses animals in any way. However regarding that rumour - I have members of family heavily into horseriding who said it's complete rubbish and Ellen Whitaker is actually known for being pretty patient with the horses. Is that true - who knows?? I don't know her personally or know enough to comment any more than that, but she seems to have got a lot of negative press from Cavill 'fans' without appearing to actually do all that much wrong, which just seems a little unfair to me. It's too easy to form baseless opinions on someone just from reading rubbish on the web.
Just because there's no video on YouTube of it, doesn't mean the evidence isn't there. You can look at the Horse and Hound forums from 2009 (before she was even linked with Cavill), and see a plethora of people reacting to what they just saw her do. On camera. And you can tell by reading their reactions that it wasn't the first time they've seen it. It's not just rumors. It's good that you want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but from my experience, too many abusers get by on benefit of the doubt, and in her case, with so many eyewitness accounts that predate any crazed Cavill-obsessed influence, I'm not really feeling any doubt.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 02-04-2013 at 05:25 PM.
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 AM   #334
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In bed with Norah O'Donnell/Western Mass.
Posts: 7,835
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Henry's no scientist either.
"Batman's a scientist." - Homer Simpson

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 AM   #335
Asr
Side-Kick
 
Asr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CO, USA
Posts: 1,954
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Although I agree completely I think it's more due to interviews and such where perhaps she doesn't come off as regal and well versed on worldy issues as the Amy Adams/ Anne Hathaway's of the world.
Have you seen interviews with Anne Hathaway? Every time I've seen her on a late night show, she came across as a total airhead and full of herself. Just sayin'.

Asr is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 AM   #336
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Can I see an example of Anne coming across as arrogant/airhead? 'Cause in everything I've seen her she comes across like one of the most down to earth stars.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #337
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 16,043
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

You're forgetting the rules of the internet. Everyone is an a**hole/idiot if you don't like them.

__________________
ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is online now  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #338
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick
 
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 531
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

It's amazing that elgaz has "family" in every professional sport.

Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #339
elgaz
Side-Kick
 
elgaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,778
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. View Post
It's amazing that elgaz has "family" in every professional sport.
Brother who does MMA and brother in law, uncles & cousin into horseriding and keeping horses. That's about it, a grand total of 2 professional sports

elgaz is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #340
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick
 
SuperMike335!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,465
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
I've no great love for anyone who abuses animals in any way. However regarding that rumour - I have members of family heavily into horseriding who said it's complete rubbish and Ellen Whitaker is actually known for being pretty patient with the horses. Is that true - who knows?? I don't know her personally or know enough to comment any more than that, but she seems to have got a lot of negative press from Cavill 'fans' without appearing to actually do all that much wrong, which just seems a little unfair to me. It's too easy to form baseless opinions on someone just from reading rubbish on the web.
It was abusive just to try and get a Superman Actor anywhere near Horse Jumping in the first place.

It's like giving him a chunk of kryptonite and calling herself a sweetheart.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

SuperMike335!! is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #341
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 137
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Can I see an example of Anne coming across as arrogant/airhead? 'Cause in everything I've seen her she comes across like one of the most down to earth stars.
I actually agree with him and find she comes across as quite pretentious and a bit kooky. She is in the same crazy weird actress group now along with Kristen Stewart, Claire Daines, Natalie Portman etc..
I wouldn't call her an airhead she clearly is quite intelligent but she isn't quite the full shilling if you know that term.
I imagine her as one of the people that would be on the Film Actors Guild from Team America, lots of opinions on everything but absolutely clueless from a real world perspective.
It seems to be the curse of the "Actor's", the people that take their "craft" very seriously that seem to lose grip of reality. You see it all the time, Marlon Brando, Joaquin Phoenix, Christian Bale, Tom Cruise & even Tom Hardy, they are all weird but excellent "Actors".
Jenna Moroni & Tracy Jordan from 30 Rock are caricatures of these types of actors. (Goodbye 30 Rock, i'll miss you. )

Whereas Amy Adams & Henry Cavill always comes across as very down to earth & reasonably intelligent.
I can't quite work out whether Cavil is intelligent or not as he seems quite forced and tense in his interviews which is quite understandable really seeing as he's been in the acting wilderness of american cable & british tv and now on his way to superstardom with the announcement of the Man Of Steel.
Also don't let a posh boy English accent fool you they can be just as dumb as the next man.
I do have a little concern over his acting chops as my only reference to him is from Immortals (OK performance) & Cold Light Of Day which was pretty awful but his accent was ok. I've not seen The Tudors but I've heard good things and am hopeful based on that.

I subscribe to jakethemovieguy because he always tries to ask different questions from the normal how did you prep etc..
At the start of interviewing Amy Adams, Jake thanked Amy for coming over to him while she was shooting in his hometown and made him appear really cool to his friends. I found that quite endearing because he was just some random interviewer but she recognised him and went out of her way to chat to him.
I loved her performance in The Fighter and when i heard she was playing LL I could see her playing a feisty Lois very well.

McLarenMP4 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #342
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick
 
SuperMike335!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,465
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

^^ Reminds me of an Ex GF's best friend, who was one of the new age "Progressive Intellectual" and she had all sorts of her own wonderfull opinions on the world, which pretty much parroted EVERY OTHER trendy opinion to have, and she thought it was her own idea. Oh, she also loved communism, as it made everyone "equal". Which is the most important thing in life, being equal.

When pointed out that every communist country needed armed men with guns to keep their people inside her reply was "MEN with guns? That's the most sexist thing I eeeever heard! Why weren't women good enough?"

One time I mentioned that the end of the war in Japan was when we bombed them, although I don't recall all detals of the conversation, I DO recall her blurting out.... "We Booooombed Japaaaan?!?!?!".

The good news is these people always VOTE.

Yeah, a'MMMMMMMerica!!! **** yeah!!

SuperMike335!! is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #343
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,889
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
^^ Reminds me of an Ex GF's best friend, who was one of the new age "Progressive Intellectual" and she had all sorts of her own wonderfull opinions on the world, which pretty much parroted EVERY OTHER trendy opinion to have, and she thought it was her own idea. Oh, she also loved communism, as it made everyone "equal". Which is the most important thing in life, being equal.

When pointed out that every communist country needed armed men with guns to keep their people inside her reply was "MEN with guns? That's the most sexist thing I eeeever heard! Why weren't women good enough?"

One time I mentioned that the end of the war in Japan was when we bombed them, although I don't recall all detals of the conversation, I DO recall her blurting out.... "We Booooombed Japaaaan?!?!?!".

The good news is these people always VOTE.

Yeah, a'MMMMMMMerica!!! **** yeah!!
I got chills reading this. I can't stand people like that.

titansupes is online now  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #344
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!
 
Anita18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 24,417
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMike335!! View Post
^^ Reminds me of an Ex GF's best friend, who was one of the new age "Progressive Intellectual" and she had all sorts of her own wonderfull opinions on the world, which pretty much parroted EVERY OTHER trendy opinion to have, and she thought it was her own idea. Oh, she also loved communism, as it made everyone "equal". Which is the most important thing in life, being equal.

When pointed out that every communist country needed armed men with guns to keep their people inside her reply was "MEN with guns? That's the most sexist thing I eeeever heard! Why weren't women good enough?"

One time I mentioned that the end of the war in Japan was when we bombed them, although I don't recall all detals of the conversation, I DO recall her blurting out.... "We Booooombed Japaaaan?!?!?!".

The good news is these people always VOTE.

Yeah, a'MMMMMMMerica!!! **** yeah!!
I don't think any of the actresses mentioned are THAT kooky. Only Tom Cruise qualifies, methinks...

__________________
To relive the TDK virals (or learn more!) visit http://www.whysoseriousredux.com
Anita18 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #345
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenMP4 View Post
I actually agree with him and find she comes across as quite pretentious and a bit kooky. She is in the same crazy weird actress group now along with Kristen Stewart, Claire Daines, Natalie Portman etc..
I wouldn't call her an airhead she clearly is quite intelligent but she isn't quite the full shilling if you know that term.
I imagine her as one of the people that would be on the Film Actors Guild from Team America, lots of opinions on everything but absolutely clueless from a real world perspective.
It seems to be the curse of the "Actor's", the people that take their "craft" very seriously that seem to lose grip of reality. You see it all the time, Marlon Brando, Joaquin Phoenix, Christian Bale, Tom Cruise & even Tom Hardy, they are all weird but excellent "Actors".
Jenna Moroni & Tracy Jordan from 30 Rock are caricatures of these types of actors. (Goodbye 30 Rock, i'll miss you. )
All fine, but can I get an example of such an instance? The Moroni example is particularly harsh. And again, nothing I've seen Anne in points to that. So, could I get an interview where she's like this?

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:11 AM   #346
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,001
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
Have you seen interviews with Anne Hathaway? Every time I've seen her on a late night show, she came across as a total airhead and full of herself. Just sayin'.

Hmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Can I see an example of Anne coming across as arrogant/airhead? 'Cause in everything I've seen her she comes across like one of the most down to earth stars.
Agreed. Anne is funny.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:11 AM   #347
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

I was wondering when you'd show up!

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:21 AM   #348
Asr
Side-Kick
 
Asr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: CO, USA
Posts: 1,954
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Can I see an example of Anne coming across as arrogant/airhead? 'Cause in everything I've seen her she comes across like one of the most down to earth stars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OlNOI-GNrQ

Also the fact that she bothered to impersonate Katie Holmes. Doesn't matter if it was funny, just the fact that she did it....twice, even. (The first time on a talk show, the second time on SNL.)

Btw, while searching for videos, I found reports that mentioned that critics thought her award speech at the Golden Globes sounded fake, which can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUlldx3X60c


Last edited by Asr; 02-06-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Asr is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #349
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Thank you, I will watch it when I get back from work.

As for the Holmes thing, non-factor to me, so disagreed.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 03:21 AM   #350
super85
Side-Kick
 
super85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Helsinki Finland/Stockholm Sweden
Posts: 548
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. View Post
I can't really see Cavill going the distance with a female MMA fighter, but who knows? She might be intelligent.
Sigh, yes besides being attractive and fit she might also be intelligent...

Kind of a facepalm comment from you there.

super85 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.