The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Henry Cavill As Superman
Love It 145 64.73%
Hate It 3 1.34%
I'll Deal With It 20 8.93%
Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #526
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger
 
Eggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The good ol' days
Posts: 16,557
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

He's just very vocal with his opinion lol. What's quoted up there I wouldn't exactly call trolling, even though I understand how repeating the same complaint time and again can become annoying. Half the people on here would be gone if that were a banable offense.

Eggyman is online now  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #527
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator
 
craigdbfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Interstellar
Posts: 28,294
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
He's just very vocal with his opinion lol. What's quoted up there I wouldn't exactly call trolling, even though I understand how repeating the same complaint time and again can become annoying. Half the people on here would be gone if that were a banable offense.
He had already been probationary banned for that before and decided to continue to do it once he got back. He had no desire to actually have a conversation. All he does is that.

Those examples that Elgaz posted are the definition of trolling.

__________________
Quote:
For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #528
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger
 
Eggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The good ol' days
Posts: 16,557
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
He had already been probationary banned for that before and decided to continue to do it once he got back. He had no desire to actually have a conversation. All he does is that.

Those examples that Elgaz posted are the definition of trolling.
Whatever you say, chief.

__________________
HUMAN BEAN JUICE.
Eggyman is online now  
Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #529
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,380
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
Whatever you say, chief.
I say it too. The guy is lucky he wasn't out right banned...which he will be if he does it again.

C. Lee is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #530
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger
 
Eggyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The good ol' days
Posts: 16,557
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I say it too. The guy is lucky he wasn't out right banned...which he will be if he does it again.
You didn't need to say it. I wasn't disagreeing with CB. I'm a good boy and take mods at their word.

__________________
HUMAN BEAN JUICE.
Eggyman is online now  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #531
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 10,521
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
He's just very vocal with his opinion lol. What's quoted up there I wouldn't exactly call trolling, even though I understand how repeating the same complaint time and again can become annoying. Half the people on here would be gone if that were a banable offense.
There's a difference between being vocal about your opinion and being a trolling a-hole

__________________
My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?
-Superman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #532
The Watchman
Balls McGee
 
The Watchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Over the Hills and Far Away
Posts: 12,141
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
well this thread really took a nose dive didn't it

So this is sort of awesome right? Sometimes he looks more like Superman outside of the stills and trailer, I wonder if it's in his contract that he look Superman-ly while promoting the movie, hair, physique etc...

__________________
The Dude Abides


I just blue myself
The Watchman is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #533
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,965
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Not only did you not answer any question, you raised a false question from wrongly interpreting my words.
You clearly don't know the word sarcasm, but the key point of it stands.

Batman jr. is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #534
elgaz
Side-Kick
 
elgaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,797
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
So this is sort of awesome right? Sometimes he looks more like Superman outside of the stills and trailer, I wonder if it's in his contract that he look Superman-ly while promoting the movie, hair, physique etc...
Agreed, his 'look' seems to change a little from time to time. I think he looked extremely Superman-ly at the Immortals premiere.



But at the Baftas the other night with slightly longer hair, less tanned and no stubble, he looked a bit different. Still obviously the same features but just a different look, if that makes sense.


elgaz is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #535
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 2,619
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

I've seen tons of pics of Cavill, and one thing that struck me was how different he looks in many of those shots. He seems to have many different of styles incorporated into one and that right there tells me he's going to pull of Clark Kent better than what I anticipate.

Tra-El is online now  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #536
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

He definitely looked more Supermanly in the blue suit mainly because his hair is dyed black and is slicked back nicely.

The other one looks like his hair stylist is trying too hard.

Ironically, he looks more natural and unforced in the Immortals premiere photo.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #537
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 137
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

From what we've seen from the trailers so far, Henry is sporting a fine British tan but I'm wondering if that's an angle they are looking at for the movie.
With Kal-El being Kryptonian and under a red dwarf star they would be subjected to huge amounts of UV radiation (100x to 10,000x) which would mean that if a person from Krypton were to be here on earth they would most likely be pale permanently.

So what do you think, do you think this will be a feature point or am I just reading too much into it?

McLarenMP4 is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #538
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 137
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
He definitely looked more Supermanly in the blue suit mainly because his hair is dyed black and is slicked back nicely.

The other one looks like his hair stylist is trying too hard.

Ironically, he looks more natural and unforced in the Immortals premiere photo.
He's probably been taking posture coaching for the Superman role as you could see when he walks out at the BAFTA's he was walking more Supermanly, shoulders back, chest puffed out and head angled slightly upwards.
Whereas I got a slight stoner vibe from Cavill previously, so he probably had a more "relaxed" posture before. I also think he is feeling the weight of the role, he's not nearly as relaxed as he once was.
Now everyone is watching his every move I think he feels he has to keep up the Superman posing to convince people he's right for the role.
Or again i could be over analysing.

McLarenMP4 is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #539
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenMP4 View Post
From what we've seen from the trailers so far, Henry is sporting a fine British tan but I'm wondering if that's an angle they are looking at for the movie.
With Kal-El being Kryptonian and under a red dwarf star they would be subjected to huge amounts of UV radiation (100x to 10,000x) which would mean that if a person from Krypton were to be here on earth they would most likely be pale permanently.

So what do you think, do you think this will be a feature point or am I just reading too much into it?
Actually you make a good argument. But then it could not be a tan at all but Kal-El's natural skin tone genetically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenMP4 View Post
He's probably been taking posture coaching for the Superman role as you could see when he walks out at the BAFTA's he was walking more Supermanly, shoulders back, chest puffed out and head angled slightly upwards.
Whereas I got a slight stoner vibe from Cavill previously, so he probably had a more "relaxed" posture before. I also think he is feeling the weight of the role, he's not nearly as relaxed as he once was.
Now everyone is watching his every move I think he feels he has to keep up the Superman posing to convince people he's right for the role.
Or again i could be over analysing.
Not really but probably lol I've been thinking the exact same thing incidentally.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #540
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 137
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Actually you make a good argument. But then it could not be a tan at all but Kal-El's natural skin tone genetically.
Of course yeah, when I said a British tan I meant as in a myth like bigfoot, nessie etc.. We don't get enough sun over here.

But he was tanned for both Immortals and Cold light of Day, so that's why I was curious that he is as pale as he seems to be for this movie, hence my theory.

McLarenMP4 is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #541
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenMP4 View Post
Of course yeah, when I said a British tan I meant as in a myth like bigfoot, nessie etc.. We don't get enough sun over here.

But he was tanned for both Immortals and Cold light of Day, so that's why I was curious that he is as pale as he seems to be for this movie, hence my theory.
Ohh LOL, I follow you now. And you're right he is significantly more fair skinned in MOS compared to those other movies. And looking again at Jor-El he didn't get it from him.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #542
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,844
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Cavill always seems so happy

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #543
elgaz
Side-Kick
 
elgaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,797
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Cavill always seems so happy
He's dating Gina Carano, playing the world's foremost superhero, he's widely considered by many women to be one of the best looking men around, and he's probably going to earn a ****load of cash over the next few years once MOS raises his profile to stratospheric levels. I'd be smiling a lot too

elgaz is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #544
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,844
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
He's dating Gina Carano, playing the world's foremost superhero, he's widely considered by many women to be one of the best looking men around, and he's probably going to earn a ****load of cash over the next few years once MOS raises his profile to stratospheric levels. I'd be smiling a lot too

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #545
JaD
Thriller Night
 
JaD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 19,370
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

He's dating a woman that could kick his ass. I wouldn't be smiling at all.

I'd be scared as f***.

__________________

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #546
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 12,825
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Compared to what most of us have in our lives, Cavill practically has the world in his hands.

__________________
MY VIDEO REVIEW SHOW: EPIC FILM GUYS
www.youtube.com/epicfilmguysny www.facebook.com/epicfilmguys
1939-2014: 75 YEARS OF THE BATMAN
SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #547
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,383
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
You clearly don't know the word sarcasm
Do you? Because all I see is stumbled backtracking.

Quote:
but the key point of it stands.
The only point that stands is your misreading of my post.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is online now  
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #548
Naite22
Side-Kick
 
Naite22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 8,760
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
I've seen tons of pics of Cavill, and one thing that struck me was how different he looks in many of those shots. He seems to have many different of styles incorporated into one and that right there tells me he's going to pull of Clark Kent better than what I anticipate.
I still can't see Cavill anywhere in that first promo pic of him as supes. The one with him in front of the bankvolt. It looks like a completely different actor in that pic. It's just not Cavill.

Naite22 is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #549
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,963
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenMP4 View Post
From what we've seen from the trailers so far, Henry is sporting a fine British tan but I'm wondering if that's an angle they are looking at for the movie.
With Kal-El being Kryptonian and under a red dwarf star they would be subjected to huge amounts of UV radiation (100x to 10,000x) which would mean that if a person from Krypton were to be here on earth they would most likely be pale permanently.

So what do you think, do you think this will be a feature point or am I just reading too much into it?
I think it has more to do with the filter or tint (or whatever the technical term is) that Snyder used because in the Plano set photos we saw close-ups of Henry signing autographs and he has quite a bit of tan makeup on. The whole movie has kind of a "washed out" look to it.

Willi Berg is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #550
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,411
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

There is a thing called spray tan.....actresses do it all the time for roles, I'm sure actors do it as well.

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.