I'll Deal With It 20 8.93%
Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #526
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

He's just very vocal with his opinion lol. What's quoted up there I wouldn't exactly call trolling, even though I understand how repeating the same complaint time and again can become annoying. Half the people on here would be gone if that were a banable offense.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #527
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
He's just very vocal with his opinion lol. What's quoted up there I wouldn't exactly call trolling, even though I understand how repeating the same complaint time and again can become annoying. Half the people on here would be gone if that were a banable offense.
He had already been probationary banned for that before and decided to continue to do it once he got back. He had no desire to actually have a conversation. All he does is that.

Those examples that Elgaz posted are the definition of trolling.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #528
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
He had already been probationary banned for that before and decided to continue to do it once he got back. He had no desire to actually have a conversation. All he does is that.

Those examples that Elgaz posted are the definition of trolling.
Whatever you say, chief.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #529
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Whatever you say, chief.
I say it too. The guy is lucky he wasn't out right banned...which he will be if he does it again.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #530
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I say it too. The guy is lucky he wasn't out right banned...which he will be if he does it again.
You didn't need to say it. I wasn't disagreeing with CB. I'm a good boy and take mods at their word.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #531
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
There's a difference between being vocal about your opinion and being a trolling a-hole

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #532
The Watchman
Balls McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
well this thread really took a nose dive didn't it

So this is sort of awesome right? Sometimes he looks more like Superman outside of the stills and trailer, I wonder if it's in his contract that he look Superman-ly while promoting the movie, hair, physique etc...

I just blue myself
Old 02-13-2013, 09:12 AM   #533
Batman jr.
Proud Nolanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Not only did you not answer any question, you raised a false question from wrongly interpreting my words.
You clearly don't know the word sarcasm, but the key point of it stands.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #534
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
So this is sort of awesome right? Sometimes he looks more like Superman outside of the stills and trailer, I wonder if it's in his contract that he look Superman-ly while promoting the movie, hair, physique etc...
Agreed, his 'look' seems to change a little from time to time. I think he looked extremely Superman-ly at the Immortals premiere.

But at the Baftas the other night with slightly longer hair, less tanned and no stubble, he looked a bit different. Still obviously the same features but just a different look, if that makes sense.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #535
Tra-El
Side-Kick

I've seen tons of pics of Cavill, and one thing that struck me was how different he looks in many of those shots. He seems to have many different of styles incorporated into one and that right there tells me he's going to pull of Clark Kent better than what I anticipate.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #536
The Shield
It's really Happening!

He definitely looked more Supermanly in the blue suit mainly because his hair is dyed black and is slicked back nicely.

The other one looks like his hair stylist is trying too hard.

Ironically, he looks more natural and unforced in the Immortals premiere photo.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 02-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #537
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

From what we've seen from the trailers so far, Henry is sporting a fine British tan but I'm wondering if that's an angle they are looking at for the movie.
With Kal-El being Kryptonian and under a red dwarf star they would be subjected to huge amounts of UV radiation (100x to 10,000x) which would mean that if a person from Krypton were to be here on earth they would most likely be pale permanently.

So what do you think, do you think this will be a feature point or am I just reading too much into it?

Old 02-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #538
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
He definitely looked more Supermanly in the blue suit mainly because his hair is dyed black and is slicked back nicely.

The other one looks like his hair stylist is trying too hard.

Ironically, he looks more natural and unforced in the Immortals premiere photo.
He's probably been taking posture coaching for the Superman role as you could see when he walks out at the BAFTA's he was walking more Supermanly, shoulders back, chest puffed out and head angled slightly upwards.
Whereas I got a slight stoner vibe from Cavill previously, so he probably had a more "relaxed" posture before. I also think he is feeling the weight of the role, he's not nearly as relaxed as he once was.
Now everyone is watching his every move I think he feels he has to keep up the Superman posing to convince people he's right for the role.
Or again i could be over analysing.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #539
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenMP4 View Post
From what we've seen from the trailers so far, Henry is sporting a fine British tan but I'm wondering if that's an angle they are looking at for the movie.
With Kal-El being Kryptonian and under a red dwarf star they would be subjected to huge amounts of UV radiation (100x to 10,000x) which would mean that if a person from Krypton were to be here on earth they would most likely be pale permanently.

So what do you think, do you think this will be a feature point or am I just reading too much into it?
Actually you make a good argument. But then it could not be a tan at all but Kal-El's natural skin tone genetically.

Quote:
He's probably been taking posture coaching for the Superman role as you could see when he walks out at the BAFTA's he was walking more Supermanly, shoulders back, chest puffed out and head angled slightly upwards.
Whereas I got a slight stoner vibe from Cavill previously, so he probably had a more "relaxed" posture before. I also think he is feeling the weight of the role, he's not nearly as relaxed as he once was.
Now everyone is watching his every move I think he feels he has to keep up the Superman posing to convince people he's right for the role.
Or again i could be over analysing.
Not really but probably lol I've been thinking the exact same thing incidentally.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #540
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Actually you make a good argument. But then it could not be a tan at all but Kal-El's natural skin tone genetically.
Of course yeah, when I said a British tan I meant as in a myth like bigfoot, nessie etc.. We don't get enough sun over here.

But he was tanned for both Immortals and Cold light of Day, so that's why I was curious that he is as pale as he seems to be for this movie, hence my theory.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #541
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Of course yeah, when I said a British tan I meant as in a myth like bigfoot, nessie etc.. We don't get enough sun over here.

But he was tanned for both Immortals and Cold light of Day, so that's why I was curious that he is as pale as he seems to be for this movie, hence my theory.
Ohh LOL, I follow you now. And you're right he is significantly more fair skinned in MOS compared to those other movies. And looking again at Jor-El he didn't get it from him.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #542
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Cavill always seems so happy

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #543
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Cavill always seems so happy
He's dating Gina Carano, playing the world's foremost superhero, he's widely considered by many women to be one of the best looking men around, and he's probably going to earn a ****load of cash over the next few years once MOS raises his profile to stratospheric levels. I'd be smiling a lot too

Old 02-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #544
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
He's dating Gina Carano, playing the world's foremost superhero, he's widely considered by many women to be one of the best looking men around, and he's probably going to earn a ****load of cash over the next few years once MOS raises his profile to stratospheric levels. I'd be smiling a lot too

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #545
JaD
Thriller Night

He's dating a woman that could kick his ass. I wouldn't be smiling at all.

I'd be scared as f***.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 02-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #546
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Compared to what most of us have in our lives, Cavill practically has the world in his hands.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #547
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
You clearly don't know the word sarcasm
Do you? Because all I see is stumbled backtracking.

Quote:
but the key point of it stands.
The only point that stands is your misreading of my post.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #548
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
I've seen tons of pics of Cavill, and one thing that struck me was how different he looks in many of those shots. He seems to have many different of styles incorporated into one and that right there tells me he's going to pull of Clark Kent better than what I anticipate.
I still can't see Cavill anywhere in that first promo pic of him as supes. The one with him in front of the bankvolt. It looks like a completely different actor in that pic. It's just not Cavill.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #549
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:

I think it has more to do with the filter or tint (or whatever the technical term is) that Snyder used because in the Plano set photos we saw close-ups of Henry signing autographs and he has quite a bit of tan makeup on. The whole movie has kind of a "washed out" look to it.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #550
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

There is a thing called spray tan.....actresses do it all the time for roles, I'm sure actors do it as well.