Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 03:55 AM   #601
sf2
Side-Kick

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
That's his *just read a tweet that says I'm easily replaceable*...´´B***h please! I AM Superman!`` look.
I’m still bothered by the “easily replaceable” comment. The movie is supposed about him solely and mainly. If he is easily replaceable, how could the movie be good, needless to say great???!!! Is it something like SR where Superman/CK is just as good as a secondary character??? While SR focusing on lex’s revenge; MOS focusing on Krypton, Jor-el & General Zod??? I don’t like the idea and I don’t think it will sell good.
Even though I’m still not sold on Cavill, but I want him to prove me wrong. I want MOS to do great. I want sequels. Lot of sequels. Lol.

Wow, “easily replaceable” is so hurtful. Even Routh didn’t receive such a cruel comment.
Any good reason for such a comment made???

Old 02-22-2013, 04:11 AM   #602
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

I wouldn't worry about it. A lot of roles have replaceable performances. Everyone in the Avengers is replacable except for RDJ and probably Samuel Jackson just because of his face.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:49 AM   #603
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. A lot of roles have replaceable performances. Everyone in the Avengers is replacable except for RDJ and probably Samuel Jackson just because of his face.
???!!! r u sure???

i thought all of them are awesome, especially Johansson scarlett! (except for the guy plays hulk)

Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #604
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I’m still bothered by the “easily replaceable” comment. The movie is supposed about him solely and mainly. If he is easily replaceable, how could the movie be good, needless to say great???!!! Is it something like SR where Superman/CK is just as good as a secondary character??? While SR focusing on lex’s revenge; MOS focusing on Krypton, Jor-el & General Zod??? I don’t like the idea and I don’t think it will sell good.
Even though I’m still not sold on Cavill, but I want him to prove me wrong. I want MOS to do great. I want sequels. Lot of sequels. Lol.

Wow, “easily replaceable” is so hurtful. Even Routh didn’t receive such a cruel comment.
Everything you say is true. But let's not forget that comment came from one person (with, as it turns out, not a very strong track record when it comes to ´´scoops`` or rumors or whatever) who heard it from another person who we don't even know who it is and why they said that. So even assuming it's true (and there's one hole too many for me to believe that it is) it's still not worthy of worrying about. When the embargo is lifted (and if it's not lifted before the day of the opening I'll get worried about the movie in general) and we get a dozen reviews all criticizing the main lead of the film, then I'll start getting nervous.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #605
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Th Frown Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Had a dream last night, I was coming out of the theater after watching MOS, the movie was good had many action scenes and Cavill's acting was good enough, but somehow I felt he lacked the presence required to be Superman, I cannot say why but whenever he was on screen, I thought this is Superman, that is, He looked like one but never felt like a Superman.

The best analogy that I can give is how Dean Cain never felt like Superman to me although he did great as Clark Kent, in case of Cavill he was not convincing as either.

The other audience members were talking how great the movie was but none said that they liked Cavill's performance.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #606
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Had a dream last night, I was coming out of the theater after watching MOS, the movie was good had many action scenes and Cavill's acting was good enough, but somehow I felt he lacked the presence required to be Superman, I cannot say why but whenever he was on screen, I thought this is Superman, that is, He looked like one but never felt like a Superman.

The best analogy that I can give is how Dean Cain never felt like Superman to me although he did great as Clark Kent, in case of Cavill he was not convincing as either.

The other audience members were talking how great the movie was but none said that they liked Cavill's performance.
I hope that is not the case.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #607
mohoo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post

Being replaceable doesn't mean "bad" .. sometimes the actor looks perfect for the role, yet you can imagine others play the same character. Most roles are.

Hey, even if a guy or 20 critics said that Cavill or MoS is really bad, how is that different than every movie in the history?

Some people will like it, some will hate it. That's how it is. We shouldn't be that sensitive when it comes to opinions and personal taste.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #608
JimJimBinks
A friend

There are some old Superman: The Movie reviews that describe Christopher Reeve as either "Flat" or "Passable." The majority of people liked him, but there were some that didn't.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #609
elgaz
Side-Kick

I'm a bit lost, who exactly said Cavill was replaceable?

Old 02-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #610
JimJimBinks
A friend

As I understand it, it was a friend of a friend of someone who saw Man of Steel at a Friends & Family screening.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #611
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post

Now THAT'S a nightmare!

Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #612
STARMAN
Side-Kick

It's amazing how many of you dream about MOS. I dream about girls.

Cavill was out last night as some charity event with his girlfriend.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #613
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Unless I remember the whole movie ,
I would rather not dream about MOS .
I would be too dissapointed if I couldnt remember it when I woke up.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #614
Binker
Side-Kick

Don't know this has been posted, but here is Cavill in LA, as The Oscars celebrate 50 years of Bond.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:01 AM   #615
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Cs Funny Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
It's amazing how many of you dream about MOS. I dream about girls.
Please return your Superman fan membership card.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #616
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Don't know this has been posted, but here is Cavill in LA, as The Oscars celebrate 50 years of Bond.
Superman looks zooted, man.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #617
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

It's not fair, I wanna have a MOS dream too!

Old 02-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #618
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
Superman looks zooted, man.
It wouldn't be the first time.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #619
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
I'm a bit lost, who exactly said Cavill was replaceable?
One reaction to the private screening said he was "fine but replaceable". No big deal though.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #620
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
One reaction to the private screening said he was "fine but replaceable". No big deal though.
No big deal at all. Worse things could have been said.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #621
Zionite1
Side-Kick

That comment bothers me a lot.I dont like the fact that Marvels own "Superman" (Thor) is getting a wonderful perfomance with Chris hemsworth and we might just have to settle with mediocre from Henry.I really hope its a false report but quite frankly it sounds real

Old 02-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #622
Glassjaw
In training

For me, there's just no way of knowing how reliable those tweets are.

We get leaked reactions in all shapes and forms. But ever since that Thor story, which supposedly had Anthony Hopkins being unhappy with Chris Hemsworths' acting, after which Hopkins released a statement saying the story was completely fabricated (and indeed, I couldn't complain about his portrayal of Thor), I've realised these rumours can come in positive (the Latino Review video talking about the WB exec's loving the film) and the negative (HC being 'replacable') because they both generate a story/hits/attention.

I think its okay to raise an eyebrow over negative reactions without it seeming like you're trying to blindly defend a film/performance you haven't seen yet.

Last edited by Glassjaw; 02-23-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #623
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Thor is not Marvels Superman, there's only one Superman.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #624
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

True, Thor isn't Sentry.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #625
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
That comment bothers me a lot.I dont like the fact that Marvels own "Superman" (Thor) is getting a wonderful perfomance with Chris hemsworth and we might just have to settle with mediocre from Henry.I really hope its a false report but quite frankly it sounds real
It's only one person's opinion . This only becomes a problem if it turns out to be the general consensus.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Closed Thread