I'll Deal With It 20 8.93%
Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #626
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

If the the screening story is true is does raise any eybrow ot two. It's not just the replaceable comment. But the statement that it seems many felt Cavill's performance was lacking, followed by Cavill's performance was painfull to watch. But it doesn't mean it's time to panic.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #627
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

But whose saying these things? We don't even know if they're true

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #628
JimJimBinks
A friend

I believe that person saw it, and I believe that is their opinion. A few people said the same about Reeve back when Superman: The Movie came out. I'm not going to let this persons opinion influence my own. Neither should you. Just accept that it's what this one person thinks and move on.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #629
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I would if I knew it was real, we don't know it is. I'm not fussed what others think at all.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #630
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Of course you don't let this person's opinion influence your own. But if the story is true and most people from the screening found his performance to be lacking I'm not going to pretend that it's good. But it doesn't mean anyone should overreact.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #631
Wheels
HR Supporter

There were multiple negative reactions to Cavill? I'm only aware of one critic's opinion.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #632
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Of course you don't let this person's opinion influence your own. But if the story is true and most people from the screening found his performance to be lacking I'm not going to pretend that it's good. But it doesn't mean anyone should overreact.
Hang on I heard there was one tweet saying his performance was lacking? Where's the other tweets? For all I know they have seen it but I'd be more likely to believe them if it'd been confirmed they'd actually seen the movie.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #633
STARMAN
Side-Kick

The story of the screening may or may not be true. We went over this the night of the tweet. On that night, the guy followed up his original tweet because people started asking questions. The supposedly negative response wasn't from one person. He just said the one pro critic was the most negative. I assume she was the one who supposedly said Cavill's performance was painful to watch. Supposedly others said it was okay. Another said fine but easily replaceable. When asked, the twitter guy said it seemes most felt Cavill's performance was lacking.

That's if this is all true.

They did have a screening on FEB 13 because one of the visual effects artists from Double Negative tweeted about it. That may not be the same screening.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #634
Jim-El
"My Son"

I have high hopes for Henry's performance. I hope all this negative speculation proves to be wrong.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #635
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Guess well see, it may well be true but it was hardly reported anywhere. T h people thought
Cavill was bad in Immortals and I didn't see that at all so could just be people (if its true) who don't care for him as an actor or as usual critics who are never satisfied.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #636
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I wouldn't worry about it.

Cavill has appeared on the red carpet for three straight days. I wonder if he'll be at the Academy awards.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #637
Wheels
HR Supporter

I thought Cavill was good in Immortals despite the film being weak overall. Rourke sucked though. He was so out of place in that film.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #638
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm not worried about it

I loved Immortals by the way

Old 02-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #639
STARMAN
Side-Kick

So far my only concern with Cavill is if they tone down the character so much that they risk making him dull.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #640
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
I thought Cavill was good in Immortals despite the film being weak overall. Rourke sucked though. He was so out of place in that film.
I really enjoyed Immortals, I was a big fan of 300 & in particular the general sort of visual tone that the film had, which was somewhat similar to Immortals.

The film itself in terms of storytelling was alright I thought, not an Oscar winner, but an average film.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #641
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
So far my only concern with Cavill is if they tone down the character so much that they risk making him dull.
You know I'm not worried about that but I can see why you are, in the trailers we haven't really seen all that much of Cavill really, very little dialogue and we haven't actually seen him deliver any of it. He does seem like especially in the trailer that he seems kinda moody.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #642
Glassjaw
In training

I don't think its a coincidence his best role appears in The Tudors, a show more critically acclaimed then other work he has been in. The other roles just havn't given him much to go on. I enjoyed Immortals, but the script and its stylisation seems at odds with letting you get connected to the characters and actually give a toss about them.
Hopefully MoS gives him something to get his teeth into.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #643
STARMAN
Side-Kick

You would think the Clark Kent soul searching in Alaska would give him something to sink his teeth into. Who know about this version of Daily Planet Clark. It's Superman where he needs to have a real presence. Not award winning acting. Screen presence.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #644
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Nothing to worry about. For every person who doesn't enjoy a performance, 20 people love it. It's the nature of the business and so many things can turn out to be a complete non-issue and this "statement" seems to be just that. Does this mean people close to Cavill, like the certain actors and actress's who claim HC to be the "real deal" and feeling their actually "on set with Superman" full of ****? I also seen some incredible feedback of people claiming to of seen the movies screening and they said Cavill's performance and presence is pretty huge and is dominating on the screen.

Take it with a grain of salt. Critics have jobs for a reason.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #645
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Nothing to worry about. For every person who doesn't enjoy a performance, 20 people love it. It's the nature of the business and so many things can turn out to be a complete non-issue and this "statement" seems to be just that. Does this mean people close to Cavill, like the certain actors and actress's who claim HC to be the "real deal" and feeling their actually "on set with Superman" full of ****? I also seen some incredible feedback of people claiming to of seen the movies screening and they said Cavill's performance and presence is pretty huge and is dominating on the screen.

Take it with a grain of salt. Critics have jobs for a reason.
great post, to be fair I think the only reason we're talking about it on here so much is we haven't got anything else to talk about lol

Old 02-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #646
Wheels
HR Supporter

I don't hate Immortals at all. Rourke is a big problem for me personally because he takes me out of the movie. It was like watching Burt Reynolds in In The Name of the King. Some actors don't belong in these types of movies.

Quote:
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #647
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Since we're on topic, not sure if you guys seen this, but Cavill seems to have this all under control and is ready for both high praise's and criticism's alike. I love the way he brush's off the intense pressure of being Superman and simply believes in himself more than anything:

http://hwhills.com/supermanman-of-st...icismnew-clip/

Old 02-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #648
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Wise words from Henry.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #649
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Since we're on topic, not sure if you guys seen this, but Cavill seems to have this all under control and is ready for both high praise's and criticism's alike. I love the way he brush's off the intense pressure of being Superman and simply believes in himself more than anything:

http://hwhills.com/supermanman-of-st...icismnew-clip/
Gotta love Cavill he's so down to earth

Old 02-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #650
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Gotta love Cavill he's so down to earth
You could say he's almost got a Superman quality to him.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Closed Thread