I'll Deal With It 20 8.93%
Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #651
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Heard it already. I'm fairly confident I'll be content with his performance. I liked him in Tudors and Immortals. His morale speech didn't come off contrived as they usually do.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #652
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
You could say he's almost got a Superman quality to him.
He he

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #653
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Hear hear
Fixed,

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #654
mohoo
Side-Kick

I'm not worried one bit about Cavill's performance in MoS.

I can't imagine Cavill doing anything shorter than his performance in the Tudors or Immortals.

Nope, not with a character that suits him more than any of his previous roles, which happens to be the most important step in his career, not with a guy like Snyder who has never allowed a bad performance in any of his films, let alone his biggest movie to date.

The only way you could be disappointed is if your expectations exceeds the level of acting that we saw in Dark Knight, Avengers, and most similar movies.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #655
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Exactly mohoo. In all honestly, I don't think Cavill has to put up an Academy Award Performance to muster up the true essence of Superman. Cavill has EVERYTHING he needs to pull the Superman role off. Great looks, great physique, great personality and above all, humbleness to his craft. What more is there to be a successful Superman?

Reeve, to the majority, captured everything there was ever meant to be in Superman and there wasn't that big of a toughness in dialogue to begin with. He posed, smiled and shed light of kindness. It's how you come off as the character you portray and everything I've ever seen from Henry Cavill reeks of presence and good vibes.

Even Bale's Bruce Wayne or Batman wasn't all that technically "spectacular" if you will in pure acting finesse. Hell, you could argue acting performances of Bale and Hardy were muddled by masks and or cheap Bat-voices. Did it still take away from Bale's era of Batman? No.

To me, there was a reason why Henry Cavill was in talks to play Batman. There was a reason why Cavill was in talks to play James Bond. There was a reason why Cavill was in competition to star in the Twilight Saga. There was a reason why his named popped up again for Superman multiple times and there sure is hell a reason why he is now OUR Superman in Man of Steel.

Some people's and critics expectations are incredibly high and sometimes that ruins the entire experience. Mine are right where they need to be and that's Super.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #656
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post
Snyder who has never allowed a bad performance in any of his films, let alone his biggest movie to date.
I don't agree with that, but Cavill has earned my faith. I'll probably even be forgiving because I know he's the kind of actor that gives it his all.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #657
rc1980
Side-Kick

Originally Posted by mohoo
Snyder who has never allowed a bad performance in any of his films, let alone his biggest movie to date.

Ummm have you seen Watchmen?
Mathew Goode (i think) who played the villian... i found to be so bad it basically ruins the movie for me...

Old 02-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #658
Glassjaw
In training

Some really weird choices in Watchmen casting wise, I loved Goode in The Lookout and thought he'd be great, but in hindsight he was too young for the role and physically he wasn't convincing, like he hadn't had time between landing the role and filming to bulk up or something. Malin Ackerman was the weakest link for me. Everyone else was pretty damn great.

MoS's cast is ridiculously good, cannot wait to see them all up there on the same big screen.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #659
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1980 View Post
Mathew Goode (i think) who played the villian... i found to be so bad it basically ruins the movie for me...
I feel the same way. I wish Matthew Goode and Patrick Wilson switched roles.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #660
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Have y'all seen in Emily Browning in Sucker Punch? Masterful acting right there.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #661
redrover
Banned User

Or how about Woody Allen, the ultimate opposite of a director who chooses actors for anything else but talent. Woody is the anti blockbuster, anti hollywood director, whose has cast people to multiple Oscar wins and nominations, choose Cavill. That alone says beyond words to me.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #662
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

There were some hit and misses with Henry In the Tudors but I recall he mostly pulled it off. And I feel he was the reason Immortals was so good, he really had to carry the film. I do wish people would not be so uptight about a rumor.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 02-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #663
mohoo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, many times. He wasn't as good as the others, but didn't think he was bad at all.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #664
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo

I think Snyder made the mistake of making Goode be so obviously villainous, where in the book it was much more ambiguous. I didn't think Goode (or Akerman) were bad.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #665
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

I thought Goode was fine, but "easily replacable" as well. Overall I think Watchmen had a great cast and good performances. The movie had other problems imo, but that's probably up for debate.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:18 AM   #666
sf2
Side-Kick

So far, All the real MOS pics/trailer, he looks like a good looking guy in the dark blue tights with a \S/ emblem on chest; Only some of the manips done by fans, do scream superman to me. (exactly the same situation like Routh before the movie) i hope the history will not repeat.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:09 AM   #667
elgaz
Side-Kick

Cavill and Carano at the Great British film reception a few days back.

The dress she wore at Baftas didn't do a lot for her, but Carano looks great here

And at the Tom Ford Cocktail party

Old 02-25-2013, 05:22 AM   #668
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Matthew Goode said he turned up to film watchmen and all the film design pics of ozymandias were of Jude Law (who is a big watchmen fan and was linked to the part). Its obvious that Goode wasn't the first choice for the role.

I don't think Goode was that bad.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #669
The Watchman
Balls McGee

I like Goode, but yes he was miscast - Jude Law would have been spot on.

Back on track, I'll bet Cavill and Gina make some attractive whoopie.

I just blue myself
Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #670
JimJimBinks
A friend

Pictures of Carano and Cavill together are always so weird. In every single one it looks like an awkward picture of two strangers that were just introduced.
I also think it's funny that Cavill is the first Superman actor who can pull off the S curl in his hair naturally, and they decide not to have it in this iteration of the character.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #671
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
Pictures of Carano and Cavill together are always so weird. In every single one it looks like an awkward picture of two strangers that were just introduced.
I also think it's funny that Cavill is the first Superman actor who can pull off the S curl in his hair naturally, and they decide not to have it in this iteration of the character.
Sure, we know that Superman won't have the curl when his hair is all tidy and slicked back, but I have a feeling that we still might see the curl. During a fight scene, after Supes has been tossed around and his hair has been tussled and disheveled, what if a lock of his hair falls down over his forehead in the shape of an 'S?'

Just imagine it: Zod/Faora has just thrown Superman into a wall/bank-vault; Supes looks badly beaten-up, with cuts and bruises, and his head is looking down, with disheveled hair. He's seemingly on the verge of defeat. But then he looks up, into the camera, with a fierce look of determination on his face, and a lock of his hair falls down over his forehead in the shape of the classic S-curl. Wouldn't that be a clever nod to the comics? I'd probably shed tears of joy if that actually happened.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #672
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
Sure, we know that Superman won't have the curl when his hair is all tidy and slicked back, but I have a feeling that we still might see the curl. During a fight scene, after Supes has been tossed around and his hair has been tussled and disheveled, what if a lock of his hair falls down over his forehead in the shape of an 'S?'

Just imagine it: Zod/Faora has just thrown Superman into a wall/bank-vault; Supes looks badly beaten-up, with cuts and bruises, and his head is looking down, with disheveled hair. He's seemingly on the verge of defeat. But then he looks up, into the camera, with a fierce look of determination on his face, and a lock of his hair falls down over his forehead in the shape of the classic S-curl. Wouldn't that be a clever nod to the comics? I'd probably shed tears of joy if that actually happened.
HA! Yeah, that would be fun.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #673
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

I can see that happening to be honest. The Comic-Con poster shows that Snyder and crew are not oblivious to how good Cavill's natural S-curl can look.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #674
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
I like Goode, but yes he was miscast - Jude Law would have been spot on.

Back on track, I'll bet Cavill and Gina make some attractive whoopie.
he probably would of looks just like matthew goode since goode kinda looked like jude law with the blonde wig

aaron eckhart would of been perfect casting

Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #675
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Heart Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post

Your faux description just made me really excited lol.

Closed Thread