Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #701
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I hope I'm so engrossed in the movie that I don't notice his hair the slightest bit.
I don't know if it's only me, but I don't remember when was the last time I actually felt "engrossed" with a superhero film (I actually do, it's TDK, but that's the exception). Most of the time it's just... waiting. Waiting for the good bits, waiting for the trailer bits, or the jokey moments, and finally the action-packed climax. I don't usually get that feeling of "Oh, crap, what's gonna happen now? This plot is totally unpredictable!", which I get from most other films. And with MOS being an origin story, and the upteenth Superman origin at that... dunno. It's not really a problem, but it'd be nice to be surprised for once.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 02-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #702
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

After SR, if MOS does well that will be a surprise!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #703
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I don't know if it's only me, but I don't remember when was the last time I actually felt "engrossed" with a superhero film (I actually do, it's TDK, but that's the exception). Most of the time it's just... waiting. Waiting for the good bits, waiting for the trailer bits, or the jokey moments, and finally the action-packed climax. I don't usually get that feeling of "Oh, crap, what's gonna happen now? This plot is totally unpredictable!", which I get from most other films. And with MOS being an origin story, and the upteenth Superman origin at that... dunno. It's not really a problem, but it'd be nice to be surprised for once.
You mean, you weren't engrossed in Wolverine Origins? I was. I was engrossed in the stupidity of it all.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:22 PM   #704
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Eh, no. The Superman fan in me might have severely disliked many aspects of SR, but it got good reviews from the critics and indifferent reception from the public at worst. It's not this huge obstacle some want to make it out to be. It sure as hell isn't the B&R to MOS as that was to BB. If MOS really has the cgi action on the scale of let's say, Transformers/Avengers that alone will make sure it's at least successful, if they market it well enough in the remaining 3 and a half months.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #705
Nemeres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Ha, I'll say. Just the idea that soon the words "succesful Superman franchise" could very well become reality... Goosebumps. Goosebumps, I tells ya.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #706
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

After that, all we'll need is a successful non-Superman/Batman movie to feel good as DC fans. :P

Old 02-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #707
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
After that, all we'll need is a successful non-Superman/Batman movie to feel good as DC fans. :P
Now you're just dreaming crazy stuff!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #708
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ha, I'll say. Just the idea that soon the words "succesful Superman franchise" could very well become reality... Goosebumps. Goosebumps, I tells ya.
I'm loving every single second of this. Though I get irritated sometimes to the point of over excitement for NEEDING this movie in my life, I'm just enjoying the everyday check-ins and snippets and manip contributions across the internet that will eventually lead to the melting of faces come June. And to think the marketing didn't even start full blown yet. Merchandise, T.V spots and advertisements are going to strengthen this excitement and I expect this movie to explode on the Richter scale.

Sometimes I have to take deep breaths when viewing articles and even the trailer. That's how bad Supes fans NEED this movie to be good! From the sounds of it, we have no choice but to BRING IT ON!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #709
Nemeres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
I'm loving every single second of this. Though I get irritated sometimes to the point of over excitement for NEEDING this movie in my life, I'm just enjoying the everyday check-ins and snippets and manip contributions across the internet that will eventually lead to the melting of faces come June. And to think the marketing didn't even start full blown yet. Merchandise, T.V spots and advertisements are going to strengthen this excitement and I expect this movie to explode on the Richter scale.

Sometimes I have to take deep breaths when viewing articles and even the trailer. That's how bad Supes fans NEED this movie to be good! From the sounds of it, we have no choice but to BRING IT ON!
Oh, I've even picked the theater I'm gonna see it in (the 1st IMAX in my city, built in a really nice, "rich people live here" part of town). I'll turn this into an event to the extent that sanity allows, lol.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #710
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

Quote:
It must be only you. If you don't get engrossed in these films then why do you come to a forum to post about them? If you just sit there and wait for the action then how could you care enough to come to a forum and post about them. Are you just illustrating that these movies aren't as good as you want them to be? Because I believe this is the golden-age for superhero movies and things are only getting more exciting. The upteenth Superman origin? You mean, the second? The first and only on-screen Superman origin that I recall happened in 1978 and was very limited and dated by todays standards. It's not like The Amazing Spider-man where it happened 10 years ago and was beat for beat the same. This is a modern retelling and i'm sure it will be distancing itself from the Donner take on it. I think just about everyone is going to be surprised by the Man of Steel, I think it will bring the wonder and excitement back to this character(at least in terms of live-action incarnations). You seem sour on the genre as a whole, which I don't get. I don't think the average movie goer has any idea what's in store for say, Iron Man 3 either, that's a different story altogether though. There are plenty of surprises to be had, if you weren't enthralled by Watchmen or Avengers I don't know what business you have on this forum!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #711
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I think you took his post waaaaaay too seriously.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #712
Nemeres

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanFanboy View Post
It must be only you. If you don't get engrossed in these films then why do you come to a forum to post about them? If you just sit there and wait for the action then how could you care enough to come to a forum and post about them. Are you just illustrating that these movies aren't as good as you want them to be? Because I believe this is the golden-age for superhero movies and things are only getting more exciting. The upteenth Superman origin? You mean, the second? The first and only on-screen Superman origin that I recall happened in 1978 and was very limited and dated by todays standards. It's not like The Amazing Spider-man where it happened 10 years ago and was beat for beat the same. This is a modern retelling and i'm sure it will be distancing itself from the Donner take on it. I think just about everyone is going to be surprised by the Man of Steel, I think it will bring the wonder and excitement back to this character(at least in terms of live-action incarnations). You seem sour on the genre as a whole, which I don't get. I don't think the average movie goer has any idea what's in store for say, Iron Man 3 either, that's a different story altogether though. There are plenty of surprises to be had, if you weren't enthralled by Watchmen or Avengers I don't know what business you have on this forum!
Lol, guy, calm down. I like superhero movies, it's just hard most of the time to be surprised when I know the basics of what's gonna happen. I know who's gonna live, who won't, who'll win the final fight, who'll end up with whom, etc. Superhero movies are pretty limited, but it doesn't mean there's no fun to be had with them. The plot for Iron Man 3 is looking pretty hard to guess so far though, I'll give you that.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #713
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

Oh really, well i guess I did. Maybe we shouldn't take anything seriously since life's just about sitting around waiting for the money shots. No need to take in the subtext or put thought into anything.

Old 02-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #714
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

I'm just playin guy hopefully the plot for this movie is more than just Zod vs Supes, lets hope for some legitimate story points

Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #715
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

You don't want a 1h 48 min slug fest?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #716
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, I've even picked the theater I'm gonna see it in (the 1st IMAX in my city, built in a really nice, "rich people live here" part of town). I'll turn this into an event to the extent that sanity allows, lol.
Lmao that's just all kinds of awesome. I'm doin the same thing and said the same things. I'm getting shirts made and having Superman night the night before, my girls bakin Superman cookies and like you. Expriencing my first ever IMax showing. Event indeed and I feel fiiiiiIINeeeeee lol. Good stuff.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #717
ArvenUndomiel
Newbie First Class

Henry Cavill in Driven To Extremes on Discovery Channel!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #718
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
By "upteenth," you mean "second," right? The first and last Superman origin movie was 35 years ago, in 1978.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #719
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArvenUndomiel View Post
LOL some guys are singing the JW Superman theme on the car walkie-talkie while Henry is driving.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #720
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Same. Booked my coach to london. Will be checking into a hotel, hopefully seeing a midnight IMAX showing (also first time)

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #721
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
By "upteenth," you mean "second," right? The first and last Superman origin movie was 35 years ago, in 1978.
Hehe, yeah, where did that come from?

Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #722
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
You don't want a 1h 48 min slug fest?
According to rumor, MOS is 148 minutes long - which is 2h:28min.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #723
superman61413
Side-Kick

Default Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

Good casting. Henry Cabill looks good as Superman. He is nice and friendly and they said he's "charming". But overall he's a good Superman for Man of Steel

Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #724
Nemeres

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
I also meant the TV and cartoon versions, Smallville and STAS. There's even the Pinky and the Brain episode (lol)... It's been told many times. We know the basics of what's gonna happen, which isn't the case in movies like, say, In the Loop. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm necessarily tired of the origin, I think a feature-length Superman origin lends itself to an amazing movie, but it's like Michael Shannon says, "There's nothing I could tell you about this Superman story that could surprise you", or sth like that. I'm just talking about the movie's ability to surprise me, not entertain me or delight me, cause I'm trusting it to do just that.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #725
Nemeres

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArvenUndomiel View Post
Ha, he's basically become Bruce Baxter from King Kong.

Closed Thread