I'll Deal With It 20 8.93%
Remains To Be Seen 56 25.00%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #826
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - - Part 11

I know I can't wait to see Superman punch Zod, gonna be epic!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #827
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Snyder's comments about showing stuff people would do if they were Superman is what excites me. It's about time we saw him do something more physical other than lift cars and blow out fires. I have a feeling people will be squeeing during these fights. He's Superman - unleash him.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #828
Visceral
Side-Kick

I'd go fishing in Alaska if I were Superman. definitely wouldn't fly and get the girl.

Someone on this message board had sex with my dog
Old 03-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #829
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

I love how, in that pic, it's not just a stance. He's actually walking that way. So yeah, he's absolutely pissed!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #830
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Snyder's comments about showing stuff people would do if they were Superman is what excites me. It's about time we saw him do something more physical other than lift cars and blow out fires. I have a feeling people will be squeeing during these fights. He's Superman - unleash him.
If there's one thing I'm not worried about it's the action. WB knows that SR's fight scenes weren't up to par so you know they were all over Goyer to make sure he got that right.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:13 PM   #831
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Not to mention Cavill has been "battle tested" in other movies and is no stranger to roles that require physicallity and fighting. This definately works out in his favor since this movie is said to have alot more action than even TDK trilogy. I will seriously cry tears of joy while the first time Superman punches something in this movie. Im going crazy just thinking about it.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #832
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

And isn't it wonderful that in just 3 short months, we will finally be seeing this come to life!

Old 03-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #833
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
C'mon! At least once.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #834
Kal-E
Side-Kick

Cavil is Superman.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #835
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-E View Post
Cavil is Superman.
Seriously? YES!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #836
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #837
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

Can't wait to see Cavill on the big screen as Supes! I think he's going to this generation's Superman and I feel has a great to chance to surpass Reeve in the older generation's eyes! So pumped for this movie!

Old 03-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #838
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
Can't wait to see Cavill on the big screen as Supes! I think he's going to this generation's Superman and I feel has a great to chance to surpass Reeve in the older generation's eyes! So pumped for this movie!
I don't really think it has to be a competition or about "surpassing" anyone. I think that's the wrong way to look at it. Because when you are talking about a 75 year old icon....it's never about surpassing as much as it is about re-inventing a legend in new but equal ways. You know?

No matter how good Henry Cavill is (and I think he's going to be very good) there are certain people (my mother and father for one) who will always have Christopher Reeve as "their" Superman. Reeve was a personal hero for millions of people. He's not going to be "surpassed" to many people. And that's ok.

To some people teens out there, Tom Welling is "their" Clark Kent. And THAT is ok too. It's not "wrong." To some kids who grew up watching Smallville, no one will ever surpass him to them. And it doesn't mean they can't fall in love with Henry too.

I just take a very different view with all this stuff. Sure, I have my personal favorites in terms of both Superman and Lois Lane. But, in general, I look at it more like there are tons of great interpretations and I'm always just happy and excited to get a new interpretation to add to the pile.

To me, the "greatest" Superman story you could possibly tell probably winds up taking bits and pieces from EVERY live action story out there because I think every version has something some things right and some things wrong. There are good points to them all.

So, for me, it's not about Henry "surpassing" anything or anyone because this is a 75 year old story that has had many wonderful actors attached to it that brought their own special conbrituations. It's about sharing in the legacy and seeing and appreciating what HE finds in the story and appreciating him for what who he is.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:53 PM   #839
Superhero 101
DESI

I just want the movie to release already the aniticipation i want to know how people will react to the film and how well it does at the BO. i can't wait to see the epic action scenes from Snyder This is easily my most anticipated movie this summer.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #840
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

When did I say it was "wrong" for someone to have a different viewpoint? And I realize that for some Christopher Reeve will always be "their" Superman as you said. Wasn't really trying to start an argument...just expressing my excitement nd anticipation for this movie.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #841
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
I don't really think it has to be a competition or about "surpassing" anyone. I think that's the wrong way to look at it. Because when you are talking about a 75 year old icon....it's never about surpassing as much as it is about re-inventing a legend in new but equal ways. You know?

No matter how good Henry Cavill is (and I think he's going to be very good) there are certain people (my mother and father for one) who will always have Christopher Reeve as "their" Superman. Reeve was a personal hero for millions of people. He's not going to be "surpassed" to many people. And that's ok.

To some people teens out there, Tom Welling is "their" Clark Kent. And THAT is ok too. It's not "wrong." To some kids who grew up watching Smallville, no one will ever surpass him to them. And it doesn't mean they can't fall in love with Henry too.

I just take a very different view with all this stuff. Sure, I have my personal favorites in terms of both Superman and Lois Lane. But, in general, I look at it more like there are tons of great interpretations and I'm always just happy and excited to get a new interpretation to add to the pile.

To me, the "greatest" Superman story you could possibly tell probably winds up taking bits and pieces from EVERY live action story out there because I think every version has something some things right and some things wrong. There are good points to them all.

So, for me, it's not about Henry "surpassing" anything or anyone because this is a 75 year old story that has had many wonderful actors attached to it that brought their own special conbrituations. It's about sharing in the legacy and seeing and appreciating what HE finds in the story and appreciating him for what who he is.
I think Superherofan123 was just being pumped and excited for the film Audrey?

Old 03-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #842
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
I think Superherofan123 was just being pumped and excited for the film Audrey?
Oh I know! I totally get that. I was just trying to explain why it's weird for me to say that one actor is going to "surpass" another.

I'm excited and pumped too. I just don't go in thinking anything will "surpass" anything because I kind of just make room for something else. Does that make sense?

Old 03-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #843
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
When did I say it was "wrong" for someone to have a different viewpoint? And I realize that for some Christopher Reeve will always be "their" Superman as you said. Wasn't really trying to start an argument...just expressing my excitement nd anticipation for this movie.

Umm...now I'm confused. I wasn't arguing with you. Just sharing why I can't compare the actors and can't think that one might "surpass" the other cause I just love them all. I'm excited too.

I totally understand you are pumped and I'm happy for you. Does that help clarify?

Old 03-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #844
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I finally got around to watching Immortals, and I was actually impressed at both Cavill's physicality and expressive nature. Sure, the plot didn't do him an favors, but he has actual charisma and charm.

I'm mostly curious about how he's going to play Clark, just because I'm thinking that if there's a nerdy Clark in the movie, it's going to be at the tail end. They want us to know the real man before he starts compartmentalizing his life.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 03-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #845
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
I finally got around to watching Immortals, and I was actually impressed at both Cavill's physicality and expressive nature. Sure, the plot didn't do him an favors, but he has actual charisma and charm.
Yeah I thought that he made a badly written script full of clunky dialogue and cliches come off surprisingly natural in places. Whereas Frieda Pinto failed for me in that area... everything she said came off cliched and unnatural.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #846
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

What are you talking about, it was gold, OSCAR Gold.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #847
~.:/|T-MaN|\:.~
A Thousand Days Before

John Hurt was good in it, but he's good in everything. I personally thought everyone sort of suffered from the script, and typical "made-for-3D-action-movie" dialogue. Cavill's physicality and abilities would work so well in a more seriously taken fantastical movie, like a LOTR type of movie.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #848
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~.:/|T-MaN|\:.~ View Post
John Hurt was good in it, but he's good in everything. I personally thought everyone sort of suffered from the script, and typical "made-for-3D-action-movie" dialogue. Cavill's physicality and abilities would work so well in a more seriously taken fantastical movie, like a LOTR type of movie.
Agreed,he would be awesome in something like that.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #849
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

Yeah, the script and the direction really failed the actors in that movie, more than anything. Cavill really was great in the role, but they made Theseus the cliched "reluctant hero with a vendetta who also happens to be the Chosen One." Frieda just basically played a sexy Yoda. Evans and the other actors who played the gods were wasted; they were barely in it. Rourke's plan and motivations didn't make a whole lot of sense. And the Titans didn't seem like all that much of a threat; they just seemed like weaker versions of the gods who happened to also have rabies. Overall, just a mess of a movie.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Old 03-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #850
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Immortals wasn't even all that visually attractive of a movie, and that was supposed to be Singh's strength as a director.