The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #326
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

He had so much fun with the role that it is contagious.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #327
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

You could tell everyone had a ton of fun on the set of these movies. There's a great BTS sequence of Raimi and Co. on set from Spider-Man 2 that shows this.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #328
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Dafoe is going to get a verbal beating from fanboys when the Green Goblin is cast for the rebooted trilogy.

Cheesy will be the word of the day.
And they will be wrong for it. The suit is what made Raimi's Green Goblin awful, not the guy who played Norman Osborn/Green Goblin.

His dialogue with the Goblin mask in Spider-Man is so freaking amazing.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #329
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I'll say Dafoe was a bit over the top at some points, but he delivered so much range in that film. Just the mirror scene alone was enough to prove that he could take on both sides of the character and have them seem completely separate at times, but then indistinguishable at other times.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #330
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

Just his Goblin voice and laugh make his interpretation of the character difficult to top, in my opinion. That laugh echoing through the Osborn mansion is almost on par with what Hamill did for the Joker, IMO.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
H.E.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #331
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

I still can't fathom why would they choose to hide his face with the Goblin mask. The man has a lot of range, it would be just fine with a bucket of green paint on the face.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #332
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Wasn't it due to budget reasons? The animatronic goblin mask looked really cool, but would have exceeded their budget probably.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 02-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #333
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Dafoe was mega entertaining as Norman/the Goblin.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Costume test for the 1st movie, featuring Tobey trying on a version of the suit we've never seen the real thing of before.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- fun superhero comics drawn by me
Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #334
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

I'm glad they toned down the muscle textures on the suit, that reminds me of the Schumacher Batman suits in all the wrong ways (sans nipples).

Free Original Music
Old 02-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #335
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Yeah, I'll take the one we have. The rubberish, glossy look doesn't work well imo.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #336
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Holy ****...am I the only one that LOVES that look?

Really reminds me of the glossy look of Spidey in a video game, like Shattered Dimensions and Web of Shadows.

Still think the silver raised webbing is god-awful...and, are those thick black lenses?

Old 02-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #337
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post

Really reminds me of the glossy look of Spidey in a video game, like Shattered Dimensions and Web of Shadows.

Still think the silver raised webbing is god-awful...and, are those thick black lenses?
Uh oh, Anno has a minority thought.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 02-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #338
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

I think the Spider-Man suit from the Raimi films would have been perfect if only the webbing was black, or darker. Still, it is the best costume adaptation from comic books ever.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #339
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
I think the Spider-Man suit from the Raimi films would have been perfect if only the webbing was black, or darker. Still, it is the best costume adaptation from comic books ever.
My best movie costumes
Spider-man(Raimi)
Iron Man
Batman Returns
Hellboy
Thor
Captain America (First Avenger)

Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #340
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Switch Batman Returns with Batman 1966 and we have a pretty good list.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #341
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Uh oh, Anno has a minority thought.
Five people have only said something about the suit after the video...so what I said is immediately in the minority?

""

Old 02-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #342
NCBIII
Side-Kick

I honestly like it, as well. I like the shape and size of the lens, and I like that it has a more athletic appearance than the cloth version. I'm not too keen on the material or the symbol, though.

I disagree with the comment about it being as bad as the Batman and Robin costumes. This costume doesn't have a huge cod piece or giant pectorals, or rippling abs, and so on. The musculature is not blown out of proportion like the B&R costumes are. It doesn't look as rubbery as those costumes, as well.

Edit: Wow, I misread that post. Sorry, Brain Damage!

Old 02-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #343
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

More tests
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The costume itself looks more vibrant, and Kirsten Dunst looks much better in these tests IMO. As for Peter, I'm glad they dropped that first one.

Last edited by spidermanJLA!~; 02-08-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #344
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

The Goblin eyes....

Free Original Music
Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #345
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

The only issue I had with the movie costumes is that the eyes always reminded me of the Foot from the Ninja Turtle movies. ASM didn't help either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
More tests
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The costume itself looks more vibrant, and Kirsten Dunst looks much better in these tests IMO. As for Peter, I'm glad they dropped that first one.
Kirsten looks great with the dark red hair. I'll never understand why they were okay with her orange-ish hair in the next two. Was it because they didn't want to use a wig again?

Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #346
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Those eyes. Those horrible yellow eyes!!!!!

- The Joker
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #347
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

HOLY MOLEY!
Thanks for the nightmares.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #348
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I'll say Dafoe was a bit over the top at some points, but he delivered so much range in that film. Just the mirror scene alone was enough to prove that he could take on both sides of the character and have them seem completely separate at times, but then indistinguishable at other times.
Agreed.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #349
NCBIII
Side-Kick

The colors in that Spidey costume are perfect! They should have run with those. And wow, Kirsten Dunst looks a lot more like Mary-Jane from the comics in that costume test. I wonder why they didn't run with those ideas.

Old 02-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #350
ThePhantasm
Skywalker

Quote:
Five people have only said something about the suit after the video...so what I said is immediately in the minority?

""
Well, to be fair, you did say

Quote:
But I think I agree with you, I like that look too. Though I'm totally happy with the suit we got in the films as well.

H.E.
Closed Thread