The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #401
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
Honestly,MJ in Spider-man 3 still bothers me,but not as much. She was selfish and totally self-absorbed,but everyone gets like that occasionally. She was jealous and upset because she wasn't as good as she thought she was,and because Spider-man(Peter) was getting the fame and attention that she craved. Yes,they are not very good traits to have and they did make her rather unlikeable in the film,but they are also human traits. Couples in relationships have problems. People can get jealous or bitter about the simplest things. Now,that's not excusing how poorly written and unlikeable she was(esp. in contrast to comic book MJ),but it's something I can understand.
I didn't even find her jealousy understandable. Peter saved her life as Spider-Man numerous times and she threw him the filthiest look outside the theater when she realized the crowd was clapping for Spider-Man and not her. It's like she begrudged him some long overdue appreciation for all the heroic deeds he did.

I hated how she behaved over the precious upside down kiss. She tried it on John Jameson. That was a private intimate kiss. Not a meaningless publicity one like the Gwen one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Agree, I am done with the topic more or less because it's Joker's view against everyone else that has agreed with me
Small number then.

- The Joker
Old 02-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #402
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

^ At least the number isn't zero

Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #403
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Yes, it is. Not that it would make any difference if they did. Ten people saying black is white vs one person who's not wouldn't make it any more true either. It's like saying Avatar is the greatest movie ever because it's made the most money. But since you love to measure everything with numbers instead of facts, I can easily dig up sources that agree with what I've been saying:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Consider the effects that Alfred burning the letter had on Bruce during the 8 years. Alfred spared Bruce immediate pain by not telling him the truth about Rachel. However, in doing that, it caused Bruce to misinterpret his duty and not focus on what he should have been focusing on (moving on, letting go of the Bat and his past).
http://screenrant.com/dark-knight-ri...ht-comparison/

So stop acting like a child with your "I have more people who agree with me than you" attitude.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 02-24-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #404
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Both of them did the wrong thing trying to achieve the right choices. There is no right in it for Alfred nor Bernerd. Or however it's spelled.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #405
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Yes, it is. Not that it would make any difference if they did. Ten people saying black is white vs one person who's not wouldn't make it any more true either. It's like saying Avatar is the greatest movie ever because it's made the most money. But since you love to measure everything with numbers instead of facts, I can easily dig up sources that agree with what I've been saying:

So stop acting like a child with your "I have more people who agree with me than you" attitude.
Instead you'd rather go the route of the immature act of repeating yourself until you tire the other person out, right?

Get over yourself sometimes.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #406
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Anno I love TDKR too, but come on man...it's not flawless.

Quote:
Old 02-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #407
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Definitely. Just as Spidey 3 has its flaws TDKR does too.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #408
Anno_Domini
Banned User

As flawed as S-M 3 though? HAH.

Quote:
Check out the last page, I have said I don't agree with the idea of Alfred keeping the lie for eight years, but it's no way as worse as the lie Bernard kept as one has suggested...lol.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #409
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Definitely. Just as Spidey 3 has its flaws TDKR does too.
Exactly. I enjoy both threequels, but they're definitely flawed, and needed some fixing here or there.

Quote:
Check out the last page, I have said I don't agree with the idea of Alfred keeping the lie for eight years, but it's no way as worse as the lie Bernard kept as one has suggested...lol.
Both were crap, yet done for the same reason : to spare pain, essentially. Yes, Bernard was a huge Deus Ex Machina, but once he saw Harry Goblin, or even in SM2 when Harry was battling alcoholism, he should have said something to him. Obviously, it wouldn't have worked for Osborn in either case, but nonetheless. Alfred was crap because yes, while he did spare Bruce pain over knowing someone he loved never was in love in with (and trust me, I know it hurts), he let Bruce wither away at eight years of his life.

Quote:

Last edited by A Necessary Evil; 02-25-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #410
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Meh pretty much. Both typical threequels with massive stupidity issues.

OT: Anyone else getting really sick of those god-damn Hansel and Gretel ads?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #411
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Exactly. I enjoy both threequels, but there definitely flawed, and needed some fixing here or there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Meh pretty much. Both typical threequels with massive stupidity issues.
Issues/flaws that are still not a big deal to the majority, the exact opposite of Spider-Man 3. Sure, yes, I can see how TDKR has its flaws, but to be compared to Spider-Man 3...at least one of those films is loved by a majority rather than a minority and still has the approval of many critics aside from the GA.

Quote:
Both were crap, yet done for the same reason : to spare pain, essentially. Yes, Bernard was a huge Deus Ex Machina, but once he saw Harry Goblin, or even in SM2 when Harry was battling alcoholism, he should have said something to him. Obviously, it wouldn't have worked for Osborn in either case, but nonetheless. Alfred was crap because yes, while he did spare Bruce pain over knowing someone he loved never was in love in with (and trust me, I know it hurts), he let Bruce wither away at eight years of his life.
While I can't say both were crap, one was crap simply because we saw an entire film where Bernard could have told Harry once Harry started to become truly obsessed. That alone kills that entire angle.

Whereas with Alfred, as much as we should've seen that lie being revealed WAY earlier, I agree with that, we just didn't have any time for it to have happened. Take out Robin John Blake, and I could have definitely seen TDKR take place only a couple years tops after TDK's events. I see the eight year gap to simply make this Blake character old enough to be a cop as well as being an orphan while Bruce was Batman still.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #412
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

What are Raimi fans' thoughts on the new suit for ASM2? Pretty funny how far Webb & Co have gone in the old direction. Barely a trace of the last suit in the design at all.

Quote:
Issues/flaws that are still not a big deal to the majority, the exact opposite of Spider-Man 3. Sure, yes, I can see how TDKR has its flaws, but to be compared to Spider-Man 3...at least one of those films is loved by a majority rather than a minority and still has the approval of many critics aside from the GA.
I'm shocked how similarly I feel about the films tbh. I wonder if opinions of TDKR will rot over time.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #413
Victarion
Cut

I imagine after Alfred saw Bruce throwing himself into WE and the clean energy project, he figured things were looking up and put the truth about Rachel on the backburner, or at the very least decided to mull it over for a while longer. Sure, its just a project...but I pretty much did that with my academics. Threw myself wholly into them; forgot about everything else. Made them my life. Plus it was a step toward rebuilding Bruce's father's name after the shenanigans in BB.

Bernard was a troll.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #414
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Debatable.

Quote:
Exactly. I enjoy both threequels, but they're definitely flawed, and needed some fixing here or there.
Each film has some awesome and enjoyable stuff. And the bad stuff is kinda cringeworthy or annoying to the point of casting a shadow on the film(s).

Quote:
Meh, critics. I enjoy Spider-Man 3 immensely regardless of what many critics and fans say. I did loathe it the very first time but after multiple rewatches I have come to love it. (The same thing might even happen with TDKR, although comparing the first viewings of each I didn't loathe TDKR at all like I did with SM-3 for the first time)

Hail Raimi's Spidey!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #415
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I imagine after Alfred saw Bruce throwing himself into WE and the clean energy project, he figured things were looking up and put the truth about Rachel on the backburner, or at the very least decided to mull it over for a while longer.
For 8 years? LOL! That's one hell of a mulling over period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
I wonder if opinions of TDKR will rot over time.
I think they already are.

- The Joker
Old 02-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #416
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

True, true. I don't think TDKR is all that much better than Spidey 3 and X-3.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #417
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

People are freaking out because they think the new ASM2 suit looks too much like the Raimi suit.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #418
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
People are freaking out because they think the new ASM2 suit looks too much like the Raimi suit.
Because it does ....

Old 02-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #419
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I love it... It's a refined Raimi suit and theres nothing wrong with that.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #420
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I like the eyes much better, because they look more like the Ultimate comic book. But the material does look a lot closer to Raimi's than the ASM one, at least in that pic. I'm curious to see how the belt/waistline looks and if they kept the same silver shoes.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #421
Doc Ock
1951-2014

The suit is fantastic! I don't mind retreading on what the Raimi suit had, because that suit was fantastic.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #422
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Meh, critics. I enjoy Spider-Man 3 immensely regardless of what many critics and fans say.
I always wonder what the general audience really thinks of SM3. It had a monster theatrical run, and it still holds a majority positive score on RT. In the end it's all meaningless though. No mass opinion can ditacte what your individual views are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I think they already are.

Honestly hard to tell because as internet geeks our circle isn't that representitive, but I've been noticing a few people reflecting on the film with less rose-tinted glasses. There are plenty of people who love it still though.

The difference between TDKR and SM3 for me is that Raimi's universe is more forgiving for a bit of stupidity. When Nolan's film does something silly, you really notice. I know I'll have much more fun watching SM3 for the foreseeable future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
True, true. I don't think TDKR is all that much better than Spidey 3 and X-3.
X3 is by far the weakest in my opinion. It's the only film that is truely half-hearted, and it shows.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #423
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Because it does ....
I know it does, but that's not something to freak out about.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #424
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I know it does, but that's not something to freak out about.
True, but fanboys freak out about all sorts of things. It's almost expected.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #425
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

It seems to me to be fueled by the strong dislike (I won't say hatred) of the Raimi films that was spawned by both SM3 and the release of a reboot. The Raimi suit is superb... it looks like the classic Spider-Man suit. There's not much wrong with it. So why panic about the fact that the new TASM suit looks more like the Raimi / comics suit?

In other words... is it just because its the Raimi suit? Imagine for a moment that the Raimi films didn't exist. Would these same people be pitching a fit over the new TASM 2 suit?

Closed Thread