The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #451
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Actually I've mentioned this before, and queried whether opinions would change over time, as they're pretty similar overall.
If a film like TDKR will go down in the eyes of some, I can only imagine how much of a failure TAS-M will become down the line, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Introduction of MJ + Costume that actually looks like Spider-Man = "We got it wrong/Raimi's was better!"
I wouldn't go THAT far....you're speaking on two things that Raimi didn't even get right. Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson and a suit that I didn't even like even if I prefer Spider-Man 1 + 2 over The Amazing Spider-Man. The eyes are the only thing that makes me like the TAS-M 2 suit, though. LOVE those.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #452
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Raimi's costume designing crew, got the suit, right the first time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Introduction of MJ + Costume that actually looks like Spider-Man = "We got it wrong/Raimi's was better!"
With the costume, I might agree
Introducing MJ is another thing, it's proper flow of the story, Gwen first, MJ later

I am No. 14: Supa-Pizza
Old 02-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #453
Anno_Domini
Banned User

There can easily be a better way to make Spider-Man's costume that could look even better than Raimi's.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #454
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

There can be a better looking suit I agree with
But they got the costume right the first time

Old 02-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #455
roach
I am the night

they did get the suit right the first time but I am liking the eyes on the new suit. Hopefully in the third one we'll get the huge Todd MacFarlane eyes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spiderman1.jpg (113.2 KB, 0 views)

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan

Last edited by roach; 02-26-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #456
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I think they'd be a tad too big for live-action...

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #457
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
If a film like TDKR will go down in the eyes of some, I can only imagine how much of a failure TAS-M will become down the line, lol.
Probably a fair amount. It's pretty damn average.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #458
Anno_Domini
Banned User

TDKR and TAS-M are average?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #459
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
they did get the suit right the first time but I am liking the eyes on the new suit. Hopefully in the third one we'll get the huge Todd MacFarlane eyes.
That's a bit too far.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #460
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Imagine if Webb brings back Elfman? That'd settle it.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #461
roach
I am the night

The bigger the better

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #462
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Slowly Marc Webb will just concede and give Raimi the job to direct The Amazing Spider-Man 3.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #463
Spider-Aziz
Supa-Pizza

Ech, not McFarlane's big, current size is fine

And yeesh, what's with the attitude? Raimi did his job, no need to return to a sequel of this franchise

Old 02-28-2013, 09:59 AM   #464
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
TDKR and TAS-M are average?
ASM is average. TDKR is better but has its issues.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #465
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Ahh, okay. Thought for a second you were calling them out as being in the same level, lol.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #466
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ahh, okay. Thought for a second you were calling them out as being in the same level, lol.
Heeellll no. One is a film, one is a contractual obligation made by a commitee, and it really shows.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #467
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I really hope The Dark Knight Rises ages well... but alot seem to be turning sour on it so quickly.

Ironically I happen to really like the two most divisive Bat-films... Returns and TDKR.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #468
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
I really hope The Dark Knight Rises ages well... but alot seem to be turning sour on it so quickly.

Ironically I happen to really like the two most divisive Bat-films... Returns and TDKR.
Is it because they both have Catwoman in it?

Old 02-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #469
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Batman Returns is my favorite live-action Batman film. Its just sooooo good!

Crap, were talking about Batman in a Spidey thread again!

Was anyone else dying to see Dylan Baker's Curt Connors become the Lizard over the course of the Raimi Spidey films?

Old 02-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #470
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Was anyone else dying to see Dylan Baker's Curt Connors become the Lizard over the course of the Raimi Spidey films?
Yeah, Connors and his relationship with Peter was quietly developed in each of the three films, and he appeared in two of them, I've said numerous times that I wanted to see a pairing of Lizard and Kraven, and that's what I really disliked about ASM. Not only did they use the Lizard on his own, but they essentially made him a mix of Norman and Otto from the Raimi films.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #471
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Is it because they both have Catwoman in it?
Well... one of them does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I was really looking forward to it...

Am I the only one that would have liked the franchise to continue with Maguire/Dunst while Raimi produced?

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #472
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

I still love TDKR to this day and I hope people end up appreciating the film more than how others view of people hating the film more down the line. We shall see though.

I won't get into BR though because it was never my cup of tea, lol.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #473
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Yeah, Connors and his relationship with Peter was quietly developed in each of the three films, and he appeared in two of them, I've said numerous times that I wanted to see a pairing of Lizard and Kraven, and that's what I really disliked about ASM. Not only did they use the Lizard on his own, but they essentially made him a mix of Norman and Otto from the Raimi films.
I loved their relationship, by Spidey 3 it seemed like the really knew each other because he took the symbiote to him. I felt like he was a deeper character than what he saw, a family man. My biggest problem with TASM is the lack of seeing Connor's family and seeing his character develop more with Peter. There is a great deleted scene with his son that wasn't put into the movie! I think alot of the deleted scenes would of really helped Connor's character if included in the film. At least he wasn't killed off I suppose...

The Lizard and Kraven would of been great!

Quote:

I was really looking forward to it...

Am I the only one that would have liked the franchise to continue with Maguire/Dunst while Raimi produced?
If that was the only way the franchise could of continued then yeah I'd like to have seen it. Depends on who the director would of been.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #474
Anno_Domini
Banned User

It's a shame we never got a proper Lizard which I am certain Sam Raimi would have given us...and then we got a Lizard that just seemed like a very "meh" villain.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #475
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Lizard had the misfortune of being in an origin film where the Superhero takes precedence and time actually to gradually become it. Let's see what Webb does with the Goblin, now that he is building him up with three films. I wonder how Zod will be incorporated in MOS.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Closed Thread