The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #801
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
People are still hoping for a 3.1? Lol.
I sure am. Always.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #802
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Lol.

Sixty years from now you'll be telling your grandchildren that there will be a Spider-Man 3.1

Old 04-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #803
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Yeah, I highly doubt we'll ever get 3.1. It would be nice if we did, but I'm not holding my breath, especially Sony is more focused on promoting their new franchise.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #804
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!

Maybe one day...maybe. ..just maybe...or maybe not

Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #805
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Sandman is not main villain material, IMO. He doesn't have the menace and presence of Ock and the Goblin. They can carry a Spidey movie blindfolded.
I don't think Raimi really wanted Sandman as the main villain for 3. If he'd have had his way, Vulture would've likely been the main villain and Sandman the back-up, even with the Ben's actual killer thing. Marko would've been Two-Face to Vulture's Joker as per TDK.

Vulture probably would've been using Marko, spurring him on with the idea of Spidey stopping him from getting money for his daughter.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Old 04-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #806
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Yeah, I highly doubt we'll ever get 3.1. It would be nice if we did, but I'm not holding my breath, especially Sony is more focused on promoting their new franchise.
I think Raimi said before the DVD release that he didn't have any additional footage for 3.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Old 04-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #807
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Spider-man 3 really got screwed over. No 3.1,score or movie magazine.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #808
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
I don't think Raimi really wanted Sandman as the main villain for 3. If he'd have had his way, Vulture would've likely been the main villain and Sandman the back-up, even with the Ben's actual killer thing. Marko would've been Two-Face to Vulture's Joker as per TDK.

Vulture probably would've been using Marko, spurring him on with the idea of Spidey stopping him from getting money for his daughter.
Yeah, didn't he get Marko to bust him out of jail in the original script? I remember seeing the concept art for it.

- The Joker
Old 04-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #809
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Yeah, didn't he get Marko to bust him out of jail in the original script? I remember seeing the concept art for it.
Yeah. He was supposed to manipulate Marko throughout.

If they can't do a 3.1, it would be cool if they released the original script with artwork showing the direction Raimi wanted to go in pre-Venom.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Old 04-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #810
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
I think Raimi said before the DVD release that he didn't have any additional footage for 3.
Oh yes he does, and there's a ton of photos to prove it. Eddie stalking Gwen, alternative Venom/Sandman team-up, etc.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #811
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I still find it odd how the best movie of the trilogy, and the one that didn't need any additional content was the only one that got an extended cut, which didn't really anything to the overall film.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #812
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

The only sliver of hope that I have for 3.1, and its a really tiny sliver, is that we got Donner's version of Superman II nearly 25 years after the release of that movie. But then again that was a very different case since he had his own version of the movie shot before he was replaced as the director. And despite not having full scenes and using footage from screentests, I still think it was better than the original version released in theaters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
Spider-man 3 really got screwed over. No 3.1,score or movie magazine.
I actually had some of the score from the movie, but I think most of it was just ripped from the DVD.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #813
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
I actually had some of the score from the movie, but I think most of it was just ripped from the DVD.
The complete score has been out on the net for a while (not a dvdrip, the actual sessions) it's great.

Quote:
I still find it odd how the best movie of the trilogy, and the one that didn't need any additional content was the only one that got an extended cut, which didn't really anything to the overall film.

Yeah, but hey, money is money.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:49 AM   #814
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!

A 3.1 would prove my theory ages back that Sandman stopped the crime spree for Penny

Old 04-25-2013, 01:14 AM   #815
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
http://www.freewebs.com/spiderman3deleted/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
A 3.1 would prove my theory ages back that Sandman stopped the crime spree for Penny
And instead, it just looked as if Sandman would continue to rob banks to cure Penny while Spidey will be just fine with it

Old 04-25-2013, 01:30 AM   #816
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!

Live to fight another day

I'm more interested in that scene where Eddie says never wound what you can't kill and the symbiote reveals his skeleton!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 AM   #817
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Quote:
Live to fight another day

I'm more interested in that scene where Eddie says never wound what you can't kill and the symbiote reveals his skeleton!
The entire Venom skeleton prop was actually made, and I believe that version was filmed. I've seen the skull (which looks... like Venom) for sale on a prop site before.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.propstore.com/product-Ven...uppet-Head.htm Constructed & filmed, it says.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- read it!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 AM   #818
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!

Thanks man! That would have been sweet to see in the movie.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:11 AM   #819
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is a tough one for me. I know why it was cut, Marko should stand down because he knows what he is doing is wrong. If he hears from Penny that there is no hope for his mission, then he would merely be quitting because there is nothing to gain. Less redeemable. The way it is presented in the film is choppy as hell though, so (as always) I'd be very interested in seeing the scenes that were cut.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #820
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

This thread should be re-titled 'I loved Raimi's Spider-man 1 & 2 but not 3' thread.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #821
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!

I love 3

Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #822
Nathan

Nothing about you surprises me anymore.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #823
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

I also, am a supporter of Spider-Man 3.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #824
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Nothing about you surprises me anymore.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #825
DX
YES! YES! YES!

I like 3. Not quite love but...like 3.

It's the end of Sony as we know it and I feel GREAT!
Closed Thread