The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 12:49 AM   #901
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

^ And to follow on that storyline for a bit...maybe JJJ finds out that Peter is Spider-Man and still pissed at him and even more so while Peter was intoxicated with the symbiote, hires Mac Gargan and he becomes Scorpion...which is in Spider-Man 4

Old 05-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #902
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
^ And to follow on that storyline for a bit...maybe JJJ finds out that Peter is Spider-Man and still pissed at him and even more so while Peter was intoxicated with the symbiote, hires Mac Gargan and he becomes Scorpion...which is in Spider-Man 4
x42

Old 05-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #903
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Why not 43????

Old 05-28-2013, 01:25 AM   #904
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Why not 43????

And then have Gargan become Venom...

Old 05-28-2013, 04:55 AM   #905
DX
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:
Why not 43????
Because then it would be a reminder of Movie 43.

It's the end of Sony as we know it and I feel GREAT!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #906
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

JJJ finding out about Peter and Mary Jane would have been a perfect excuse to make him more of an antagonist in the series. I don't mind that it didn't come up in SM3 because it had enough going on and it's pretty realistic that JJJ wouldn't hear of it right away. It certainly would have be interesting to have him discover that though. I had a feeling JJJ may have become a bit more of a villain in SM4 had it materialised. Wasn't there reports that he was going to lose his job?

Old 05-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #907
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post

And then have Gargan become Venom...
NO!

But seriously, no. Spider-Man 3 could have dealt with Venom properly and I'd want that to be the end of the symbiote, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX View Post
Because then it would be a reminder of Movie 43.
Ahh, okay...makes sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
JJJ finding out about Peter and Mary Jane would have been a perfect excuse to make him more of an antagonist in the series. I don't mind that it didn't come up in SM3 because it had enough going on and it's pretty realistic that JJJ wouldn't hear of it right away. It certainly would have be interesting to have him discover that though. I had a feeling JJJ may have become a bit more of a villain in SM4 had it materialised. Wasn't there reports that he was going to lose his job?
We're talking about if Spider-Man 3 ended up being a great film, and the characters didn't magically forget about certain events from the previous film

J. Jonah Jameson gives Peter hell in S-M 3 after finding out who Mary Jane ran off with and Peter hits back once he gets a hold of the symbiote and possibly during a final battle, Spider-Man is unmasked where JJJ ends up seeing that if he actually uses a camera. He doesn't do anything right away, but starts to become frustrated that Peter and Spidey are one in the same and then funds Gargan into first spying on Peter then helps him become Scorpion. And by the end of S-M 4, Jameson could realize this huge mistake he's made.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #908
DX
YES! YES! YES!

Watched Spider-Man 2 again today. Yep, still love it.

It's the end of Sony as we know it and I feel GREAT!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #909
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

I'm going to be honest here, after seeing Iron Man 3 I really, reeeeeally wish we could have got to see Ben Kingsley's Vulture!

Old 05-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #910
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDaveBanner View Post
I'm going to be honest here, after seeing Iron Man 3 I really, reeeeeally wish we could have got to see Ben Kingsley's Vulture!
Kingsley would have been a better Vulture by default.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #911
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Unless he was a paid actor

Old 05-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #912
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Unless he was a paid actor
Yeah, the Vulture's not the Vulture! We could have got a great comedy scene there.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #913
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

The slickest villain moment of the trilogy; Doc Ock smugly smashing those train passengers who try to protect Spidey from him out of his way. I love the grin on Molina's face there. "Very well". Then knocking Spidey out with that brutal blow to the face with one of his tentacle claws.

Class villain scene.

- The Joker
Old 06-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #914
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

The slickest villain moment of the trilogy; Doc Ock smugly smashing those train passengers who try to protect Spidey from him out of his way. I love the grin on Molina's face there. "Very well". Then knocking Spidey out with that brutal blow to the face with one of his tentacle claws.

Class villain scene.
I stranegly liked that whole scene a lot. It was the same thing as in people throwing garbage at Green Goblin, but that was just cheesey.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #915
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I hated the Goblin scene because I felt like it was a response to 9/11, like all of the citizens coming together to stop the bad guy, thus making them the real heroes. I don't know if that scene was in the original script, but it always rubbed me the wrong way considering the movie came out shortly after 9/11.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #916
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Morose View Post
I stranegly liked that whole scene a lot.
Why is that strange for you? It's a great scene.

Quote:
It was the same thing as in people throwing garbage at Green Goblin, but that was just cheesey.
Goblin should have flown up there and pumpkin bombed them into oblivion, instead of just standing there literally taking their rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I hated the Goblin scene because I felt like it was a response to 9/11, like all of the citizens coming together to stop the bad guy, thus making them the real heroes. I don't know if that scene was in the original script, but it always rubbed me the wrong way considering the movie came out shortly after 9/11.
I doubt it had anything to do with 9/11. Spider-Man was released in May 2002, that was some 8 months before the movie's release. I'd say filming was done and dusted, let alone the script.

The only change they made in response to 9/11 was the trailer with the twin towers in it.

- The Joker
Old 06-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #917
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Why is that strange for you? It's a great scene.
I don't like cheese much.

Quote:
Goblin should have flown up there and pumpkin bombed them into oblivion, instead of just standing there literally taking their rubbish.
Absolutely.

Quote:
I doubt it had anything to do with 9/11. Spider-Man was released in May 2002, that was some 8 months before the movie's release. I'd say filming was done and dusted, let alone the script.

The only change they made in response to 9/11 was the trailer with the twin towers in it.
That is possibly true. But it was commented everywhere that the scene was in response to 9/11. Knowing Raimi, it was probably his usual way to depict things.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #918
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

The bridge scene in Spider-Man is totally influenced by 9/11, whether conscioussly or not.

I would love to see if there was more to that original teaser. Surely it wasn't made just for promo, so I wonder how substantial the cutting was to remove the twin towers.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #919
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:

Quote:

I don't know how reliable this is, but I did read on wikipedia that "After the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, certain sequences were re-filmed, and images of the Twin Towers were digitally erased from the film." So I'm not saying it was filmed afterward, but it certainly could have been possible.

And speaking of changes made, I did find this particular bit interesting: The Green Goblin's costume was created after Willem Dafoe was cast, as Dafoe rejected the initially bulky designs created beforehand. The finished design focused on a more streamlined and athletic feel, and the mask in particular was created to be an extreme cartoon version of his face, focusing on his long cheekbones. Some of the early designs were heavily inspired by black ops. One popular idea among the concept artists was to have the Goblin accompanied by adolescent women in costume and have their own gliders. Raimi hated the idea.

Quote:
That is possibly true. But it was commented everywhere that the scene was in response to 9/11. Knowing Raimi, it was probably his usual way to depict things.
For some reason, that scene reminds me of SM3 where Spidey blatantly swings next to a big American flag in the background.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #920
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
For some reason, that scene reminds me of SM3 where Spidey blatantly swings next to a big American flag in the background.
Only that in SM3 there was no reason to it.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #921
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Only that in SM3 there was no reason to it.
Yup.

And I think what made the Ock scene so great is that it kinda started off as being cheesy like the Goblin scene, but then Ock completely flips the table and shows them how stupid they were for trying to be heroes. It really makes him look like a real bad guy.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #922
Victarion
Cut

...accompanied by adolescent women in costumes with their own gliders?

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Old 06-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #923
optimus2861
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know how reliable this is, but I did read on wikipedia that "After the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, certain sequences were re-filmed, and images of the Twin Towers were digitally erased from the film." So I'm not saying it was filmed afterward, but it certainly could have been possible.
I'll never believe that the cheesy lines, "You mess with Spidey, you mess with New York! You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!" were in the original script. Those had to have been added in a later reshoot as a deliberate post-9/11 New York shout-out. That's how I always rationalize that cheese away, anyway.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #924
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
...accompanied by adolescent women in costumes with their own gliders?
I don't know where the adolescent thing comes from- but they're talking about the Goblinettes:

Kung-Fu, 1972
Old 06-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #925
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I'm admittedly not a well versed person when it comes to the comics, so this is my first time hearing about them. But why would they even consider adding them, especially in a movie that was supposed to launch Sony and superhero movies into something big. I'm glad Raimi had the sense of mind to cut reject that idea.