The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #926
roach
I am the night

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

the more I hear about this series the more it seemed that Raimi was a shield to that sort of wackiness

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #927
Dragon
No Way as Way

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

The Goblinettes were in the retconned Amazing Fantasy comics from the 90's. They were letting the concept guys toss everything they could think of because there's some concept art that has The Goblin packing six-shooters and another where he has wings.
And then there was the See-Thru plastic Spidey mask... Alex Ross said they told him they weren't sure which way they wanted to go with the characters, the Goblin in particular, which is why Ross submitted the transformed Goblin design with the sword.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Old 06-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #928
Blake II
Banned User

I enjoyed Spider-Man 3 more than Iron Man 3 tbh.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #929
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Two Spider-Man 3 references in Franco's new movie "This Is The End"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

1. Danny McBride refers to James as Green Goblin in one scene

2. In Franco's basement he has a bunch of props and there is a jump scene where Seth Rogen runs into a cardboard cut out of him as New Goblin (unmasked, and also not sure if I've seen the cutout before) and it scares him. They ask above what happened and Seth replies "It's just a stupid ****ing cut out from Spider-Man...3!" like he couldn't remember which movie in the series it was.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #930
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post

2. In Franco's basement he has a bunch of props and there is a jump scene where Seth Rogen runs into a cardboard cut out of him as New Goblin (unmasked, and also not sure if I've seen the cutout before) and it scares him. They ask above what happened and Seth replies "It's just a stupid ****ing cut out from Spider-Man...3!" like he couldn't remember which movie in the series it was.
Haha, I heard the movie was surprisingly good, so its nice to see that they would throw in some stuff like that.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #931
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Franco seems very proud to have been apart of the trilogy.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 06-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #932
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Franco seems very proud to have been apart of the trilogy.
he should be he did good, imho

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 06-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #933
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I remember reading an interview from him where he said they weren't really his favorite movies to work on.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 06-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #934
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I remember reading an interview from him where he said they weren't really his favorite movies to work on.
Did he say why?

- The Joker
Old 06-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #935
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post

Haha, that doesn't surprise me. James Franco playing James Franco, you would be mad to not reference past films.

Seeing it tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Did he say why?
I'll be surprised if he didn't have fun with at least the first two films of the trilogy. He'd have a point if he had difficulty with S-M 3 because Raimi didn't really give Franco something to sink his teeth into with giving him some awful amnesia storyline.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #936
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'll be surprised if he didn't have fun with at least the first two films of the trilogy. He'd have a point if he had difficulty with S-M 3 because Raimi didn't really give Franco something to sink his teeth into with giving him some awful amnesia storyline.
No, but he got to sink his tongue into MJ.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #937
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
The Goblinettes were in the retconned Amazing Fantasy comics from the 90's. They were letting the concept guys toss everything they could think of because there's some concept art that has The Goblin packing six-shooters and another where he has wings.
And then there was the See-Thru plastic Spidey mask... Alex Ross said they told him they weren't sure which way they wanted to go with the characters, the Goblin in particular, which is why Ross submitted the transformed Goblin design with the sword.
Was it Amazing Fantasy or Legacy Of Evil?

Old 06-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #938
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
While it was not the best route for the character... I would think Franco had a blast, as an actor, getting to play so many facets of Harry in the one movie.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 06-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #939
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Was it Amazing Fantasy or Legacy Of Evil?
You're right, it was Legacy. One of them is on the cover.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Old 06-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #940
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
No, but he got to sink his tongue into MJ.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #941
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
3 was Franco's best performance of the trilogy. Period.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Old 06-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #942
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
While it was not the best route for the character... I would think Franco had a blast, as an actor, getting to play so many facets of Harry in the one movie.
Yeah, as someone who has dabbled a bit in acting myself, I would imagine being able to go to different places for one character in the same film may have been much more enjoyable than trying to play a stable one. But its also important to keep in mind that, given the fact that he was already established in that role for a couple of films, maybe he would not have liked the direction that the character went in, especially in moments that may seem out of character.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:14 AM   #943
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Agreed, I loved his trollish nature.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #944
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

How's the pie?

Sure he had a lot of fun working on SM3

Old 06-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #945
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
As I've said about a lot of the other actors being in their 'A' game with Spider-Man 2, I feel the same with James Franco. He was at his best in 2, imo. He did a great job during his death in 3, though.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #946
PeterBenParker
Side-Kick

As a kid, I definitely loved Raimi's trilogy. Now rewatching, not so much.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #947
Picard Sisko

Spider-Man 2 still holds up today IMO

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 06-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #948
Picard Sisko

Quote:
^ Well I'll say S-M 3 is definitely awful, haha, but I also get your point. Spider-Man 2 could be viewed as some sort of ending. Teasing Harry Osborn's turn doesn't need to be given a film where he ends up being the next Goblin or whatever and MJ and Peter have finally gotten together in the end(and it's not like Raimi ever bothered to bring John Jameson back in and made him one a one-hit wonder ). Plus...the only two worthwhile Spidey villains, imo, were used...what else could you really want?
I disagree 100%. While Green Goblin and Doc Ock are my two favorite villains, they are not the ONY worthwhile villains. Venom, Lizard, Electro, Mysterio, etc are meant to be seen on the big screen.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #949
Arrowhead
Webhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I disagree 100%. While Green Goblin and Doc Ock are my two favorite villains, they are not the ONY worthwhile villains. Venom, Lizard, Electro, Mysterio, etc are meant to be seen on the big screen.
I agree and that's an understatement. Spidey rogue gallery is terrific and many of those villains deserve to be seen on screen.

GG, Doc Ock, Venom, Sandman, Lizard, Electro, Rhino, Vulture, Scorpion, Kingpin, Kraven, Shocker, Carnage, Chameleon, Mysterio, GGII, Hogoblin, Tombstone, Hammerhead, Black Cat

That's 20

Could also include Man Wolf, Molten Man, Hydro Man, Morbius, Morlun, Jackal. But I'm not really that big on these guys. But the 20 above are some who I'd really love to see.

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV) 2. Arrow (TV) 3. Batman: TAS (TV) 4. The Dark Knight 5. Batman Begins 6. The Wolverine 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. The Avengers 9. Spider-Man 2 10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Last edited by Arrowhead; 06-17-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #950
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehnhart View Post
I agree and that's an understatement. Spidey rogue gallery is terrific and many of those villains deserve to be seen on screen.

GG, Doc Ock, Venom, Sandman, Lizard, Electro, Rhino, Vulture, Scorpion, Kingpin, Kraven, Shocker, Carnage, Chameleon, Mysterio, GGII, Hogoblin, Tombstone, Hammerhead, Black Cat

That's 20

Could also include Man Wolf, Molten Man, Hydro Man, Morbius, Morlun, Jackal. But I'm not really that big on these guys. But the 20 above are some who I'd really love to see.
Yeah, I can't imagine why any Spidey fan wouldn't want to see all those villains on the big screen. Spider-Man has one of the best, if not THE best rogues gallery.

Closed Thread