The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #951
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

I have no interest in seeing Carnage. He's just a shallow serial killer. Boring. Rhino and Shocker are just thugs with powers. They're not main villain material. Black Cat is a poor Catwoman wannabe. I don't want Morbius at all. The last thing Spidey needs is vampires. We have vampire movies and TV shows everywhere.

Apart from those the rest would be great.

- The Joker
Old 06-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #952
cloverfan98
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I have no interest in seeing Carnage. He's just a shallow serial killer. Boring. Rhino and Shocker are just thugs with powers. They're not main villain material. Black Cat is a poor Catwoman wannabe. I don't want Morbius at all. The last thing Spidey needs is vampires. We have vampire movies and TV shows everywhere.

Apart from those the rest would be great.
I like Carnage but I can back you up on pretty much everything you've said here. I really don't think Rami would have ever done Carnage as he was very concerned with finding the humanity in all his characters especially his villains. What you've said about Rhino is what gives me hope for having him amongst some many other villains in ASM2. And agreed 100% on Black Cat. Useless character thrown in for lame attempts at sex appeal.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #953
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Black Cat clearly is a copy of Catwoman, but I've always liked her more.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 06-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #954
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I disagree 100%. While Green Goblin and Doc Ock are my two favorite villains, they are not the ONY worthwhile villains. Venom, Lizard, Electro, Mysterio, etc are meant to be seen on the big screen.
When I say "worthwhile", I am referring to the top Spidey baddies that should be used in a film more than any other villain, and Raimi did such with using Green Goblin and Doc Ock.

I can agree he has other villains to use, but what we have seen, no one has done a great job in using characters like Venom and Lizard, imo. And as Joker said, some of the villains that were mentioned on the last page would be a bore as a main villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Black Cat clearly is a copy of Catwoman, but I've always liked her more.
Disagree who is better, but thank you!

So many times have I had to be on the side that BC is clearly a copy of Catwoman when basically almost every Spidey fan suggested otherwise.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 06-17-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #955
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

The 3 baddies I always wanna see are the "big 3" of Goblin,Venom and Ock. I think each of those guys should be included in the current,or any future installments of Spider-man.
After them,I don't care who else appears,although I do like Lizard,Scorpion and Black Cat.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Old 06-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #956
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
As I've said about a lot of the other actors being in their 'A' game with Spider-Man 2, I feel the same with James Franco. He was at his best in 2, imo. He did a great job during his death in 3, though.
Franco, Tobey, Topher, Bryce all brought their A-Game to 3. Even Kirsten was good, albeit that her character was poorly written. That's the the thing.

The Spidey 3 hate is ridiculous as people throw out the baby with the bathwater. There were a number of excellent things about the film. It was just a really bad script, and Sam, while doing a good job with what was there, certainly gave an "f-it" performance when they shackled him with Venom, disrupting the story he had developed.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Old 06-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #957
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I don't know if I'd say Bryce and Topher were at their A-Game. They did the best they could with their under written roles. Though you could see Topher's fanboy enthusiasm playing the part.

- The Joker
Old 06-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #958
Arrowhead
Webhead

All the villains that I listed are just villains that I enjoy and I wouldnt' mind seeing some of them on the screen in some capacity.

However, out of the villains we have yet to see, there are only a few that I'm dying to see. Mysterio, Shocker, Chameleon, Hobgoblin.

I was never a big fan of Venom or Carnage. So honestly I don't really want to see either of them anytime soon. It'd be cool to get any villain from the list, but like I said, I really want to see the four I listed above. Obviously Green Goblin too, since he's my favorite villain, but we are mostly likely getting him soon.

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV) 2. Arrow (TV) 3. Batman: TAS (TV) 4. The Dark Knight 5. Batman Begins 6. The Wolverine 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. The Avengers 9. Spider-Man 2 10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Old 06-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #959
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
I don't know if I'd say Bryce and Topher were at their A-Game. They did the best they could with their under written roles. Though you could see Topher's fanboy enthusiasm playing the part.
Well that's why I say they brought their A game. To shine in roles that were more atmosphere than characters take some skills. And the thing is that we know the characters were both second thoughts. Laura Ziskin said to make a character that was nothing more than just another girl into Gwen Stacy, and we know Brock wasn't supposed to be there at all.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Old 06-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #960
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
The 3 baddies I always wanna see are the "big 3" of Goblin,Venom and Ock. I think each of those guys should be included in the current,or any future installments of Spider-man.
After them,I don't care who else appears,although I do like Lizard,Scorpion and Black Cat.
Maybe one day you'll get a great Venom, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Franco, Tobey, Topher, Bryce all brought their A-Game to 3. Even Kirsten was good, albeit that her character was poorly written. That's the the thing.

The Spidey 3 hate is ridiculous as people throw out the baby with the bathwater. There were a number of excellent things about the film. It was just a really bad script, and Sam, while doing a good job with what was there, certainly gave an "f-it" performance when they shackled him with Venom, disrupting the story he had developed.
And I would have to disagree. I didn't feel like anyone was at their top game in S-M 3. Franco and Simmons kept up and their roles were the best of the entire trilogy as a whole, imo, but I still don't see Maguire, Dunst or anyone else from 3 bringing in their A game.

Quote:
I feel that way with JGL in TDKR. He had this fanboy enthusiasm, but people still didn't even care for Blake in the end. Pretty much the same way I felt with Grace's Eddie Brock.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #961
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Blake is easily the most likable character in TDKR *shrugs*

For all its faults, acting was never an issue in SM3. Everybody played their parts with conviction, but a shakey script let them down.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #962
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Lol, Blake is not the most likable character in TDKR.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #963
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I liked Blake only because I'm a JGL fan.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:32 PM   #964
Anno_Domini
Banned User

See, I liked Blake for many reasons, but I never thought I'd hear the day someone called him the most likable character in the film, lol.

Old 06-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #965
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Well that's why I say they brought their A game. To shine in roles that were more atmosphere than characters take some skills. And the thing is that we know the characters were both second thoughts. Laura Ziskin said to make a character that was nothing more than just another girl into Gwen Stacy, and we know Brock wasn't supposed to be there at all.
When you think of actors at their A-game, you think of some of their most memorable performances. I doubt these roles spring to anyone's mind when they think of Bryce and Topher's best acting.

I'm sure they both put all they could into the roles, but I wouldn't call these roles them at their A-game. They did what was required of them, but these were not A-game performances, in my opinion.

- The Joker
Old 06-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #966
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Topher Grace is someone who I can never and will never see as Eddie Brock. I think everyone else did great in SM3 minus him.

Quote:
Lol, Blake is not the most likable character in TDKR.
No, Gordon is.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #967
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I hated Topher's perfomance. It was probably the script,but where was Eddie's rage? Here's a guy who was so angry at Peter that he tried to murder him(and even aked God to kill him),and when you combine his anger with the hate and aggression the symbiote gave him,the last thing he should be doing is cracking jokes.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #968
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

At the end of the day, I look at everything in the Raimi fans, both good and bad, as what they were, which was something to appeal more to children while still pleasing the fans of the character. That's why I never thought they would even talk about Carnage, because that was just too dark of a character, and if they used him, they would have stripped him of everything that made him popular.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #969
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Also, the symbiotes all suck. You have to (like you said) strip them of everything that made them popular, because there is zero substance to them. They're as hollow as Kim Kardashian's brain.

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
Old 06-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #970
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Or her...

nope, not gonna go there....

Old 06-20-2013, 12:52 AM   #971
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

#wtF

#IbelieveinBatfleck2k16
Old 06-20-2013, 05:37 AM   #972
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
See, I liked Blake for many reasons, but I never thought I'd hear the day someone called him the most likable character in the film, lol.
He was clearly the smartest, most proactive and heroic character in the film *shrugs*

What's the popular opinion on the guy?

Old 06-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #973
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Also, the symbiotes all suck. You have to (like you said) strip them of everything that made them popular, because there is zero substance to them. They're as hollow as Kim Kardashian's brain.

Yeah, I'm also not a fan of either Venom or Carnage, but I did like what they did with Eddie in SM3 because I felt like they gave him more reason to hate both Peter and Spider-Man. I also loved how they tried to make Eddie like the anti-Peter, because it gave a nice parallel between the two in so many ways, and how Peter basically had the life that Eddie wanted.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #974
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
He was clearly the smartest, most proactive and heroic character in the film *shrugs*

What's the popular opinion on the guy?
Smartest? I don't think we can say that now. Gordon is a smart man, just didn't want to care who Batman was. He was someone that cared for the symbol more than the man behind, which is what Bruce intended for others to believe when he created this Batman character.

Proactive? Maybe while he was in Gotham and while Bruce was in the Pit.

Heroic? We have Gordon, who could've locked himself in a room after the Dent lie was revealed, but did everything he could to stop the bomb. Bruce? Again, climbed out of the Pit and went face to face with the man that broke him. Catwoman? Finally changed her ways and helped out Batman in the end when she was telling Batman earlier that she wouldn't help.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #975
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Smartest? I don't think we can say that now. Gordon is a smart man, just didn't want to care who Batman was. He was someone that cared for the symbol more than the man behind, which is what Bruce intended for others to believe when he created this Batman character.

Proactive? Maybe while he was in Gotham and while Bruce was in the Pit.

Heroic? We have Gordon, who could've locked himself in a room after the Dent lie was revealed, but did everything he could to stop the bomb. Bruce? Again, climbed out of the Pit and went face to face with the man that broke him. Catwoman? Finally changed her ways and helped out Batman in the end when she was telling Batman earlier that she wouldn't help.
Gordon is the genius who sends every cop in the city into the sewers to be trapped. If it wasn't for that incredibly illogical idea, Bane's plan would have failed before it started.

Blake's kicking ass all over the place: confronting Bruce, saving Gordon, figuring out Bane's plot, capturing Catwoman. He's consistantly shown to be a step ahead, especially compared to the rest of the police force, cemented by the end when he becomes so frustrated by them that he quits. Dude is a boss.

(I love that even when I'm complimenting TDKR, we still find an excuse to argue.)

Closed Thread