Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - Part 22

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
Marvel Spider
Amazing.

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Retreating to a "classic" suit instead of building upon ASM's suit (I'm sure they'll do the latter) would seem like a cop-out. Just because people had some criticisms with aspect the suit doesn't mean it has to be completely changed. Just refined. I wouldn't mind if it were closer to the comics' design, but I don't think there's a need for everything the ASM suit got right to be scrapped.

Last edited by Marvel Spider; 01-11-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #4
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post
Retreating to a "classic" suit instead of building upon ASM's suit (I'm sure they'll do the latter) would seem like a cop-out. Just because people had some criticisms with aspect the suit doesn't mean it has to be completely changed. Just refined. I wouldn't mind if it were closer to the comics' design, but I don't think there's a need for everything the ASM suit got right to be scrapped.
this

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
I think as long as it has the same texture / material as the TASM suit then it will be fine. Remove the leg racing stripes, add in a red line around the waist, get rid of the silver shoe soles, bigger eyes, gnarly webshooters, and boom, evolved suit.

Although, the material of the suit did kind of bug me. It would wrinkle and fold weird in a few shots (come detached slightly from the skin), which was non-existent in cgi shots and thus killed some of the immersion (only a tiny bit though)

Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Refining as in a few little details would be just fine, but nothing too drastic where it seems like Sony just threw out Webb's idea of a "realistic" approach to only go for a classic look, which, imo, would seem like a slap to the fact of the first film even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
I think as long as it has the same texture / material as the TASM suit then it will be fine. Remove the leg racing stripes, add in a red line around the waist, get rid of the silver shoe soles, bigger eyes, gnarly webshooters, and boom, evolved suit.

Although, the material of the suit did kind of bug me. It would wrinkle and fold weird in a few shots (come detached slightly from the skin), which was non-existent in cgi shots and thus killed some of the immersion (only a tiny bit though)
Bigger eyes or gnarly webshooters as mentioned by Webb is by far the only things that should happened. Say Peter wants more room for his eyes to look in his mask and that his webshooters have evolved, awesome. Those are some top notch reasons to actually change the suit. Taking away some leg stripes or adding red to another area...just doesn't seem necessary to do when Peter doesn't seem like a guy that would just take some red out or put some red into a different area just because. A suit change needs, imo, a reason.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #7
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - Part 24

I just hope the next movie doesn't begin with a "new suit." Like maybe Peter complains about the eye pieces too small because he can't see, and therefore he makes them bigger. Then he realizes that his webshooters cannot store enough webbing, so we see him alter them to fit his needs. Something like that.

As far as the material goes... maybe its uncomfortable? Too wrinkly in water?

I'm certain we'll see changes in the suit specific to Electro...

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #8
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

I hope he makes an Electro-proof suit like he did in the comics.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #9
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Refining as in a few little details would be just fine, but nothing too drastic where it seems like Sony just threw out Webb's idea of a "realistic" approach to only go for a classic look, which, imo, would seem like a slap to the fact of the first film even.

Bigger eyes or gnarly webshooters as mentioned by Webb is by far the only things that should happened. Say Peter wants more room for his eyes to look in his mask and that his webshooters have evolved, awesome. Those are some top notch reasons to actually change the suit. Taking away some leg stripes or adding red to another area...just doesn't seem necessary to do when Peter doesn't seem like a guy that would just take some red out or put some red into a different area just because. A suit change needs, imo, a reason.
iron man changes his colours up etc. although that is more in-line with his personality i guess. at the end of the day, has it not been confirmed that the costume will be more traditional? the changes i listed are a sort of compromise; more traditional, but still very much based off of the first movie's suit.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #10
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
iron man changes his colours up etc. although that is more in-line with his personality i guess.
You answered yourself with that one, lol.

Quote:
at the end of the day, has it not been confirmed that the costume will be more traditional? the changes i listed are a sort of compromise; more traditional, but still very much based off of the first movie's suit.
And it's only rumored I believe of there even being a more traditional suit besides the changes Webb actually mentioned such as bigger eyes and gnarly webshooters.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #11
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
iron man changes his colours up etc. although that is more in-line with his personality i guess. at the end of the day, has it not been confirmed that the costume will be more traditional? the changes i listed are a sort of compromise; more traditional, but still very much based off of the first movie's suit.
whether it will be more classic hasn't been confirmed.

the only changes we know for sure are the bigger eyes and the "gnarly" webshooters.

there are sources that claim the suit will be more "classic", but its yet to be confirmed or denied by those on the project and its yet to be seen as filming hasn't begun.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 01-11-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Still wondering what the **** Marc meant by "gnarly" webshooters.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #13
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Something bigger maybe?

Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #14
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Maybe they'll have pouches and shoulderpads. That's some gnarly 90's ****.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #15
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Webshooters with shoulder pads? Lol.

Gnarly means extreme, but I can't see webshooters looking "extreme".

Old 01-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #16
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:

Agreed, agreed, and agreed.

Maybe if he has larger eyepieces he can leave his mask on the entire movie.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #17
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
I'm sure Liefeld would find a way to make it work.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #18
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:

Gnarly means extreme, but I can't see webshooters looking "extreme".
Has no one considered he may have meant gnarly-web shooters. Like, webbing with gnarls. Like in the comics? Easier to grip while swinging hanging or climbing.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #19
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

That sounds like a stretch to me.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #20
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Agreed, agreed, and agreed.

Maybe if he has larger eyepieces he can leave his mask on the entire movie.
Totally meant face not fact, haha.

And bigger eyepieces doesn't mean that at all. I bet we'll still be getting facetime, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
I'm sure Liefeld would find a way to make it work.
Who?

Quote:
Has no one considered he may have meant gnarly-web shooters. Like, webbing with gnarls. Like in the comics? Easier to grip while swinging hanging or climbing.

Hrm...that would mean maybe Peter did some testing on the biocable, though.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #21
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

Quote:
That sounds like a stretch to me.
Agreed, though, interesting theory.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #22
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Who?
You don't know who Rob Liefeld is? Breaking my balls here, Anno.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #23
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Id rather see that than a drastic change to the shooters themselves. They werent so unsatisfactory to me as to need an extreme makeover. However, knotted webbing would be an interesting sight on screen. Obviously it never would have made sense with tobey/raimis version. Seems logical to me. Gnarly, by definition means with knots. Knotty.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #24
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
You don't know who Rob Liefeld is? Breaking my balls here, Anno.
Hahahaha, gotta say the first name because my brain isn't working right at this time.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #25
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

I kinda hope gnarly means more heavy duty and therefore more powerful. If his webs travel further, that allows for him to web swing in a more traditional way, and not have to rely on cranes, or helicopters, or running on walls (although this, in moderation, is A-okay)

But yeah, i hope his webs travel further. When he missed the crane after jumping off the building, i couldnt help but think that it was a web-shooter shortcoming, as opposed to his jump being inadequate on account of his bullet wound.

Closed Thread