Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #26
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - Part 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
I hope he makes an Electro-proof suit like he did in the comics.
I really hope Electro frying his webshooters prompts Peter to put the shooters on the inside of his suit. I don't know about him making an actual insulated suit.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:10 AM   #27
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

How about a scene in peters bedroom, gwen and pete sitting on his bed and gwen is altering his mask. "I dont know how you even saw through these tiny eyeholes"
"Insert quip about letting her dad die"
*Roaring laughter*

Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #28
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
How about a scene in peters bedroom, gwen and pete sitting on his bed and gwen is altering his mask. "I dont know how you even saw through these tiny eyeholes"
*Roaring laughter*
Wait, what?

Old 01-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #29
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

*Roaring laughter*

Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #30
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

I think you need to repeat it one more time, I didn't quite catch that.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #31
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
*Roaring laughter*
That's not funny. That's pretty morbid. Why would joke about her dead dad.

Maybe she'd joke about how often his suit gets shredded in that regard, but not her dad.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-12-2013, 12:33 AM   #32
The Vigilante
Side-Kick

I have this weird fantasy of how he'll end up getting a more comic-like costume in the next movie.
In my mind Gwen gives Peter a crappy looking costume that is similar to the comic costume. Something like this: And then have Peter kind of just brushing it off or saying something along the lines of "I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that"
And then by the climax Gwen dies and that inspires him to use her idea for the costume and integrate that into the movie costume and the final scene is a reveal of him wearing something like this:
Just my two cents. Might be a crappy idea but I like the thought of him wearing the comic style costume in Gwen's memory

Old 01-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #33
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

I'd rather he get the black suit after Gwen dies. Not only because it would make sense symbolically (he'd be in mourning after all) but it'd enhance the negative emotions he feels after her death, and it could lead to some pretty dark stuff, like him hunting the Goblin and beating him within an inch of his life and everything.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #34
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

"I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that"

I see what you did there

Old 01-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #35
The Vigilante
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
"I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that"

I see what you did there
Hehe glad someone caught it

Old 01-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #36
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Hey guys, bit off topic, but I was wondering who is stronger in the comics; spider-man or green goblin.

I've been reading some major events and yeah, bit unsure. I always thought they were equal in strength?

Old 01-12-2013, 02:06 AM   #37
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:

*Roaring laughter*
That will be one "insensitive jerk" moment

Old 01-12-2013, 02:09 AM   #38
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Hey guys, bit off topic, but I was wondering who is stronger in the comics; spider-man or green goblin.

I've been reading some major events and yeah, bit unsure. I always thought they were equal in strength?
I think, w/o either holding back, I think Goblin, but not by much.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-12-2013, 02:31 AM   #39
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:

Spidey has a stronger heart!

Old 01-12-2013, 02:36 AM   #40
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:

In the main universe, Spider-Man is stronger, and he's holding back

Goblin is stronger in the Ultimate universe, but
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Spidey has a stronger heart!
That's why he wins

Old 01-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #41
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Ah okay, I read elsewhere that they are both class 10 strength (can lift 10 tons).

Do you think Webb will make goblin stronger than spider-man? He seems to draw a lot of influence from USM.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:39 AM   #42
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
I'd rather he get the black suit after Gwen dies. Not only because it would make sense symbolically (he'd be in mourning after all) but it'd enhance the negative emotions he feels after her death, and it could lead to some pretty dark stuff, like him hunting the Goblin and beating him within an inch of his life and everything.
Or maybe a Red and Black suit. That'd be interesting

Old 01-12-2013, 05:20 AM   #43
Rise_-
Side-Kick

Quote:
I kinda hope gnarly means more heavy duty and therefore more powerful. If his webs travel further, that allows for him to web swing in a more traditional way, and not have to rely on cranes, or helicopters, or running on walls (although this, in moderation, is A-okay)
Huh?

You've got buildings on the left side of the screen and the right. Through the middle you've got a clear empty space... but no anchor points to swing from, that's why the cranes were dangling over the middle, it didn't have anything to do with how far his weblines reached.

If his webline attaches to a building on the left or on the right... Spidey's going to lean in that direction... and inevitably, bump into buildings along the way, which'll slow him down, hurt him more, etc.

Marc mentioned that he had the crane scene in mind from pretty early on because he wanted there to be at least one scene where he's swinging clean through the middle like he does in the comics without any obstacles in his way.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #44
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Ah okay, I read elsewhere that they are both class 10 strength (can lift 10 tons).

Do you think Webb will make goblin stronger than spider-man? He seems to draw a lot of influence from USM.
Possibly, I hope he does it right

Old 01-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #45
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
I kinda hope gnarly means more heavy duty and therefore more powerful. If his webs travel further, that allows for him to web swing in a more traditional way, and not have to rely on cranes, or helicopters, or running on walls (although this, in moderation, is A-okay)

But yeah, i hope his webs travel further. When he missed the crane after jumping off the building, i couldnt help but think that it was a web-shooter shortcoming, as opposed to his jump being inadequate on account of his bullet wound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post
Huh?

You've got buildings on the left side of the screen and the right. Through the middle you've got a clear empty space... but no anchor points to swing from, that's why the cranes were dangling over the middle, it didn't have anything to do with how far his weblines reached.

If his webline attaches to a building on the left or on the right... Spidey's going to lean in that direction... and inevitably, bump into buildings along the way, which'll slow him down, hurt him more, etc.

Marc mentioned that he had the crane scene in mind from pretty early on because he wanted there to be at least one scene where he's swinging clean through the middle like he does in the comics without any obstacles in his way.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #46
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post
Huh?

yeah but in all other spider-man media he doesn't need cranes to swing in a relatively straightforward motion. i know, webb was going for a physics-friendly take, but i'd like to see spidey traversing new york freely, without having to rely on overhead anchor points.

i dont question the logic of him trying to swing from the crane; it makes perfect sense, i was just saying that the web line looked like it wasnt very long, compared to what ive seen spidey shoot in other media.

and if the line is longer, that gives him more of a chance to stay in the middle of two buildings.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #47
Picard Sisko

Quote:
yeah but in all other spider-man media he doesn't need cranes to swing in a relatively straightforward motion. i know, webb was going for a physics-friendly take, but i'd like to see spidey traversing new york freely, without having to rely on overhead anchor points.

i dont question the logic of him trying to swing from the crane; it makes perfect sense, i was just saying that the web line looked like it wasnt very long, compared to what ive seen spidey shoot in other media.

and if the line is longer, that gives him more of a chance to stay in the middle of two buildings.
That is still true, and I think is web shooters may be more "powerful," and have the ability to shoot out much longer webbing so he can swing much easier.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #48
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

I hope we can see classic web swinging without cranes...

I don't care about logics, as long as it just looks real, and more importantly, looks cool

Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #49
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Bigger eyes or gnarly webshooters as mentioned by Webb is by far the only things that should happened. Say Peter wants more room for his eyes to look in his mask and that his webshooters have evolved, awesome. Those are some top notch reasons to actually change the suit. Taking away some leg stripes or adding red to another area...just doesn't seem necessary to do when Peter doesn't seem like a guy that would just take some red out or put some red into a different area just because. A suit change needs, imo, a reason.
This
I love how they explained the new suit in TDK

Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #50
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
I hope we can see classic web swinging without cranes...

I don't care about logics, as long as it just looks real, and more importantly, looks cool
I think he's just going to get more experienced with swinging, and over time, he won't need cranes and such to swing like he does in the comics. Even if it is impossible, its just a movie.

Closed Thread