The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 7

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 6

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
 
OnTheAir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Springfield, MA
Posts: 2,709
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 7

Wow...I am really not understanding all of the Mal Duncan hate. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but people are acting like the show has been re-named "Mal Duncan & The Team!" (Mal Duncan & His Amazing Friends?) lol

A character received a semi-spotlight episode. They wrote something to get him out of the background and into the Guardian armor. I've no doubt that he'll return to the background next episode, and the focus will shift back to Superboy, M'Gann, Nightwing, Blue Beetle, etc.

(Oh, and it was good to see General Eiling again, even if just for a cameo...I enjoyed his story arc in Justice League Unlimited)

__________________
"THAT'S WHAT I DO!!!"
OnTheAir is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #4
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 62,356
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

I don't dislike Mal b/c he got too much of the spotlight this week. I think the character is boring and pointless in his entirety. He can take Bumblebee with him too.

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #5
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009
 
Dread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brooklyn, NY, US of A
Posts: 21,783
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Posting the link to my review on the last thread for YJ:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...postcount=1001

__________________
http://www.examiner.com/x-19829-Broo...Books-Examiner
Now a Brooklyn Comic Examiner! Come read more long posts!
Dread is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #6
cleverusername8
Or something like that
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 871
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

But... We are JUST getting to know him :/ and from his little dance in the limelight we saw, I kind of like him now. What he did was gutzy and respectable. We really got to see the "giant with a heart of gold" side of him. While charcters like Tim, Lagoon Boy, batgirl, and Bumblebee have been all pawns pretty much without much importance to the story aside from maybe one episode. I'd say he's risen to their levels now. Lagoon Boy seems useless as ever now that he's not playing damsel in distress anymore.

On an unrelated note, it sounded like Impulse's voice has changed..... I know it's pretty much impossible that it's a different VA since these episodes weren't made in accordance with the hiatus but it just sounded weirdly different to me...

I love the sassy scarab's continued suggestions for killing him though. It's hysterical how the scarab has pretty much been a main character this season. More so then some of the other kids XD

cleverusername8 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #7
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World
 
MMMMM...Pancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Burbs
Posts: 6,021
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Really enjoyed this episode, watched it twice!

MMMMM...Pancakes is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 02:06 AM   #8
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,626
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

I think it is time that Wondergirl/Robin/Batgirl get more development. BB and Impulse have gotten majority of the limelight when it comes to new characters.

Primal Slayer is online now  
Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #9
ssj wolverine
Plenty have tried pal!!
 
ssj wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 850
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

I personally dont hate Mal. Before yesterday's episode I thought he was a waste of screen time and was nothing more than Bumblebee's needy b**ch.

__________________
Kokujo Tengen Myo-oh!!!!!!!!!!!
ssj wolverine is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #10
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung
 
Colossal Spoons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: A bar on Oa
Posts: 62,356
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj wolverine View Post
I personally dont hate Mal. Before yesterday's episode I thought he was a waste of screen time and was nothing more than Bumblebee's needy b**ch.
Yeah. He's proven to be needy, clingy, insecure, and good as a distraction to "buy time". I've seen all I need to see of this Mal character.

__________________
Once you get over the need to prove everybody wrong and "correct" opinions you disagree with, the internet becomes a much more pleasant and less frustrating place.
Colossal Spoons is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #11
Maximus One
Oddball
 
Maximus One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Owensboro KY
Posts: 10,819
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

I don't dislike him I was actually cheering at the screen when he put the armor on. Just till now he's been utterly useless

Maximus One is online now  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #12
Mistah K88
Side-Kick
 
Mistah K88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 611
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

You know, I'm not sure that I liked Static's origin being changed. The "Big Bang" gave Dakota its personality (also the fact that the reason why there were so many bad guys who gained powers is because a good chunk of them were thugs beforehand)

Mistah K88 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #13
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Yeah. He's proven to be needy, clingy, insecure, and good as a distraction to "buy time". I've seen all I need to see of this Mal character.
I wouldn't say he is needy, clingy or insecure by any means. I think his girlfriend has just moved on, is disinterested, may have something going on with her professor (not sure if he is the Atom), and needs to quit leading him on.

I agree that they have shown him more than some of the other characters that I would rather like to see Batgirl, Robin, Capt. Marvel, Zatanna, etc. etc. However, I think Mal being human ads a certain element to the team. Plus, maybe they are setting him up to become Vox or an exo-suit Guardian. Furthermore I think him putting on the Guardian suit was a one-off and that he won't be continuing in the role.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #14
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
You know, I'm not sure that I liked Static's origin being changed. The "Big Bang" gave Dakota its personality (also the fact that the reason why there were so many bad guys who gained powers is because a good chunk of them were thugs beforehand)
I agree.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #15
cleverusername8
Or something like that
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 871
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I think it is time that Wondergirl/Robin/Batgirl get more development. BB and Impulse have gotten majority of the limelight when it comes to new characters.
It appears from the various promos that Wonder Girl will be around quite a bit this season. She's been seen around static quite a few times and will be in the fight with Mongul so don't worry, we'll be seeing more of the blonde wonder soon.

As for Mal, we've seen him quite a bit in the promos in the Guardian costume. So he will be on the team and doing things... I say we all give him more of a chance. His neediness comes out of the fact that Bumblebee has continuously blown him off and seems to be hiding something from him. If someone I cared about started doing that to me, I'd kind of hound them with "what gives?" if they were really so disconnected. It's very fair for him to act that way. And he's getting involved physically in the story so there isn't much left to complain about.

Now back to Lagoon Boy, that child needs to go. Death, booted, whatever he needs to get out of here. I can't stand him.

cleverusername8 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 205
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

I find Mal a very normal character, who's trying to salvage (is this a good word to use now?) a relationship. I didn't know what else to say about him until this episode. The man is funny and courageous! His dramatic line about summoning Earth's power or something was hilarious!

Tristan_McClark is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
 
OnTheAir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Springfield, MA
Posts: 2,709
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
It appears from the various promos that Wonder Girl will be around quite a bit this season. She's been seen around static quite a few times and will be in the fight with Mongul so don't worry, we'll be seeing more of the blonde wonder soon.

As for Mal, we've seen him quite a bit in the promos in the Guardian costume. So he will be on the team and doing things... I say we all give him more of a chance. His neediness comes out of the fact that Bumblebee has continuously blown him off and seems to be hiding something from him. If someone I cared about started doing that to me, I'd kind of hound them with "what gives?" if they were really so disconnected. It's very fair for him to act that way. And he's getting involved physically in the story so there isn't much left to complain about.

Now back to Lagoon Boy, that child needs to go. Death, booted, whatever he needs to get out of here. I can't stand him.
lol...we're definitely in agreement on Lagoon Boy! Get that dude off of my tv screen! And, in my opinion, Impulse can go with him!

OnTheAir is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #18
BLACKVULCAN
Token Black Superfriend
 
BLACKVULCAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: showing Big Barda my MegaRod
Posts: 5,147
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

eh. this episode was okay, but who really stood out for me was Shazam/ Captain Marvel! and i dont even dig that guy! i thought it was cool for him to quit that all that "Holey Moley! Gosh!Golly Gee!Bull&&%" he normally says and was all "that's a pretty good punch but how about this... KAPOW!!!" that was cool!
and was it just my imagination or did YJ do a little inside joke to " superfriends? When Static( Black Vulcan) Tim Long shadow( aka Longshadow JL ultimated, Apache chief) and the 2 others. i didnt get get a look at them were outside waiting to come in to see Black Canary? it seem like a slight wink to that!if it was it was cool!

__________________
No more monologuing, or I'll Swiss-cheese you on principle.
-The Middleman!
BLACKVULCAN is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #19
cleverusername8
Or something like that
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 871
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKVULCAN View Post
eh. this episode was okay, but who really stood out for me was Shazam/ Captain Marvel! and i dont even dig that guy! i thought it was cool for him to quit that all that "Holey Moley! Gosh!Golly Gee!Bull&&%" he normally says and was all "that's a pretty good punch but how about this... KAPOW!!!" that was cool!
and was it just my imagination or did YJ do a little inside joke to " superfriends? When Static( Black Vulcan) Tim Long shadow( aka Longshadow JL ultimated, Apache chief) and the 2 others. i didnt get get a look at them were outside waiting to come in to see Black Canary? it seem like a slight wink to that!if it was it was cool!
Apparently one of them is going to be El Dorado as well so you are correct.

And about Capt. Marvel, this is still 5 years after season 1. I believe they said he was 10 then so he's about 15 now. It's pretty much expected that he's matured some. It was cool to see him though like you said.

And to the guy earlier, lol yeah that was a mighty fine performance Mal had as "The Earth's Guardian". I literally laughed out loud at his antics about being the strongest being on Earth and all that.

But I like Impulse. Sure he's childish and at times a bit overly hyperactive but he matters to the plot and he's in the Flash family: two very good reasons to keep him on. He grew on me by the end of Bloodlines I'll admit.

cleverusername8 is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #20
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

I wonder if Jaimie having the scarab removed will more so lead to the future Impulse is from as opposed to if he hadn't told them. Thoughts? I also think that this might be the case where the future & fates are predetermined and that no matter what the future will occur. However, I don't think that Jaimie was the one in the BB suit in Impulses future and that it was someone similar if not Black Beatle himself using the Blue Scarab.

Impulse just said that it was Blue Beatle and never Jaimie that turned against the team.

I also wonder when Jaimie will tell the team that he can talk to the scarab. His silence on the subject is more annoying than anything concerning Mal Duncan IMO.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)

Last edited by Midnight Black; 01-13-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Midnight Black is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #21
J the Drafter
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 37
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

So, the strike at Rimbor drew the attention of all these alien factions and put Earth in the galactic spotlight, but the Green Lantern Corps and the Guardians of the Universe didn't know what happened? For five whole years? Earth's propensity for developing champions is obviously considered noteworthy by the Reach and Despero, and the Justice League has two Green Lanterns as members. I guess it's possible that this incident happened in some corner of the galaxy far from Guardian influence but close to the Kroloteans and the Reach--who were able to find Earth, mind you--but it would be nice to firmly establish where the Green Lantern Corps actually sits compared to the factions interested in the metagene. You can't just say that the Green Lanterns were unaware of the League's attack and then treat it like some well-known event.

Regarding Godfrey, would it kill the writers to actually show people reacting to his diatribes? Are we really expected to take Godfrey's influence over the populace on faith? It doesn't help that the Justice League version of Glorious Godfrey was much more charming.

Were I writing this show, Captain Atom would not have talked just to Chancellor Sang. The good captain would have gone to the military and his own government as well. And guess what? When a member of the group that has routinely supressed metahuman crime, put and end to large-scale disaster, and saved the world made an accusation, they'd listen. The government and military would be pissed as all hell that the League kept them out of the loop, but they'd believe listen.

I'll give the show credit where it's due, though. The League's secrets are pretty damaging, and throwing them into the open is a good way to score points with the public. "The bad guys get one up on the good guys" might be a better plot, though, if it wasn't one we were being hit with repeatedly.

J the Drafter is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #22
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,374
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
Wow...I am really not understanding all of the Mal Duncan hate. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but people are acting like the show has been re-named "Mal Duncan & The Team!" (Mal Duncan & His Amazing Friends?) lol
Pretty much. It's also weird how some people seem to think he popped up out of nowhere. He's been around all season. And if he's "useless" then so is every other non-powered character.

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
Jordacar
The Endless One
 
Jordacar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: North Hollywood
Posts: 4,560
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Pretty much. It's also weird how some people seem to think he popped up out of nowhere. He's been around all season. And if he's "useless" then so is every other non-powered character.
That's what it's like watching "Game of Thrones" sometimes; some characters get their own story or get killed, then you go back to the first episode and realize they were there the whole time.

__________________

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #24
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,499
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Good ep.
Again, I often find myself wonder how big these threats are seeing as how the impromptu B team is always in the forefront but this show's very definition.

I would love to see these aliens politically out maneuver Batman in such a way, then I'd feel the accomplishment, instead the show does something kinda interesting and just has the b team and the kids deal with problems.
Like Lobo for instance.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #25
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,616
Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
So, the strike at Rimbor drew the attention of all these alien factions and put Earth in the galactic spotlight, but the Green Lantern Corps and the Guardians of the Universe didn't know what happened? For five whole years? Earth's propensity for developing champions is obviously considered noteworthy by the Reach and Despero, and the Justice League has two Green Lanterns as members. I guess it's possible that this incident happened in some corner of the galaxy far from Guardian influence but close to the Kroloteans and the Reach--who were able to find Earth, mind you--but it would be nice to firmly establish where the Green Lantern Corps actually sits compared to the factions interested in the metagene. You can't just say that the Green Lanterns were unaware of the League's attack and then treat it like some well-known event.

All this was answered before. Rimbor is an outlaw planet and not covered by the Guardians of the Universe (after all, they can't really cover EVERY SINGLE AREA IN THE UNIVERSE), which made that type of info both untrustworthy, especially from criminals, and encouraged the Lanterns to stay out of a conflict that may or may not be true.

Quote:
Regarding Godfrey, would it kill the writers to actually show people reacting to his diatribes? Are we really expected to take Godfrey's influence over the populace on faith? It doesn't help that the Justice League version of Glorious Godfrey was much more charming.
All in good time.

Quote:
Were I writing this show, Captain Atom would not have talked just to Chancellor Sang. The good captain would have gone to the military and his own government as well. And guess what? When a member of the group that has routinely supressed metahuman crime, put and end to large-scale disaster, and saved the world made an accusation, they'd listen. The government and military would be pissed as all hell that the League kept them out of the loop, but they'd believe listen.
The military was present when the Reach made their move, so that's probably too little too late. Not to mention the time-frame between the last episode and this one is less than a day, so they could only talk to the people already available and in contact with the Ambassador.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
GamerSlyRatchet is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.