The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #501
tvor03
Side-Kick

Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

I'm still not sure if Green is a bad guy or not. If you recall the episode immediately after he first appeared, Miss M was asked to telepathically search his mind and make sure he was on the up and up. Green however sensed she was hesitant and instead offered his own thoughts to her. Now if he is bad, this means he pretty much psychically lied to her and it follows right along with the story we're dealing with now.

However, the audience was not made privy to what was said between Miss M and Green. He simply offered his thoughts and then Miss M said he was on their side. What if this part is true. He really is on their side, he did help Jaime, and now Green and Blue are the new double agents for the Team. It was just the previous episode that Nightwing found out that Kaldur had become incapacitated by Miss M, and therefore a pretty useless mole. Artemis is still there, but as Tigress she simply acted as another soldier for the Light instead of someone they had grown to trust such as Kaldur. Having Green and Blue infiltrate the Reach before they find out the truth about Artemis and Kaldur would be a brilliant tactical move on Nightwing's part.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #502
Gelc22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvor03 View Post
He really is on their side, he did help Jaime, and now Green and Blue are the new double agents for the Team. It was just the previous episode that Nightwing found out that Kaldur had become incapacitated by Miss M, and therefore a pretty useless mole.
The only potential flaw with that theory is that Blue was willing to sacrifice the runaways to Red Volcano (apparently, anyway), and turned up his power after Virgil told him that he was destroying Stars Lab with people inside. If the runaways didn't help out a bunch of innocent people would have died, right? Would Jaime go that far to keep his cover?

Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #503
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
I doubt Neutron is going to be part of "the runaways" or "Luthor's League" or whatever you want to call them. He was cured of his powers by Impulse in "BLOODLINES", which appears to have been permanent due to the change in Impulse's "future" afterward. He declined to flee with the others and I imagine he'd remain behind at STAR Labs. Being powerless with zero combat skills, he'd offer no aid to them anyway. After all, even Mal Duncan in "CORNERED" revealed that he had genuine martial arts skills (due to lessons from Black Canary) when he had to use them; he'd just usually been their "mission control" dude until then.

In "SUPERFRIENDS", El Dorado could teleport and Samurai could control the wind, I believe. While Ed Durado Jr. does have the same power, "Sam" seems to bounce around a bit. I heard she was perhaps a little inspired by another Milestone imprint character (the imprint where Icon, Rocket, and Static hail from), but which I don't know.
Well if he has no more powers then why is he still at STAR Labs? I agree though that he won't be a part of the the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvor03 View Post
I'm still not sure if Green is a bad guy or not. If you recall the episode immediately after he first appeared, Miss M was asked to telepathically search his mind and make sure he was on the up and up. Green however sensed she was hesitant and instead offered his own thoughts to her. Now if he is bad, this means he pretty much psychically lied to her and it follows right along with the story we're dealing with now.

However, the audience was not made privy to what was said between Miss M and Green. He simply offered his thoughts and then Miss M said he was on their side. What if this part is true. He really is on their side, he did help Jaime, and now Green and Blue are the new double agents for the Team. It was just the previous episode that Nightwing found out that Kaldur had become incapacitated by Miss M, and therefore a pretty useless mole. Artemis is still there, but as Tigress she simply acted as another soldier for the Light instead of someone they had grown to trust such as Kaldur. Having Green and Blue infiltrate the Reach before they find out the truth about Artemis and Kaldur would be a brilliant tactical move on Nightwing's part.
I think that Green Beetle was always a bad guy and tricked BB into rebooting the scarab. However, if they are double agents as you say then that could make sense. This just keeps getting more confusing by the minute.

I think GB is more powerful than MM when it comes to psychic abilities though and was able to show her what he wanted her to know and keep his true thoughts hidden from her, which probably was easy given the fact that she wasn't trying to use her telepathy all that much.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)

Last edited by Midnight Black; 02-07-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #504
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Quote:
Shifting it to blu-ray is an added expense so the normal DVD's would have to sell well enough to be worth the effort.
Fair enough. I would still prefer them to at least be full season sets.

P.S. Love your in-depth reviews as well.

COME SAY HELLO
SZA
Julia
Old 02-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #505
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Random question: Did it sound like Tye was pronouncing Jaime as "Jaimi" to anyone?
Is that what he said? He sounded like Beetle calling Tye "Hime"

Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #506
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Is that what he said? He sounded like Beetle calling Tye "Hime"
That's what it sounded like to me. When, Blue Beetle revealed who he was, it sounded like Tye correctly pronounced his name as "Jaime," but then the majority of other times, it sounded like "Jaimi" to me. Just thought it was kinda funny/odd.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #507
nygma619
Side-Kick

Here's a vid and screencaps for the episode War.

We finally get to see the Rimbor Trial, and YES Mongul is the planetary conquerer mentioned in the synopsis.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #508
BLACKVULCAN
Token Black Superfriend

Totally dug the Superfriends Throwback( i am BLACK VULCAN of course Hehe) with El Dorado, Apache chief and Samurai! this Samurai actually made more sense than dude in SF!I never could figure out that dude's powers! he could turn invisible, had wind powers, had a energy sword!Man! that cat could do anything! and if they bring on that Childish s*&^% Teen Titians like i see mentioned on here! I am So OUT! Boo that! I hated this show when it started ,but it has got to be awesome!!

Last edited by BLACKVULCAN; 02-06-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #509
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

You just inspired me to do a Black Vulcan, Black Lightning and Static Shock gif.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #510
vantheman77
Side-Kick

I can't wait for the episode War with the Justice League back in the spotlight and the newer YJ members. The Invasion theme fits them than the original 6 from the first season.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #511
BLACKVULCAN
Token Black Superfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
You just inspired me to do a Black Vulcan, Black Lightning and Static Shock gif.
Sweeeeeeetttttttt!!! I wanna see when you get it done Black!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #512
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKVULCAN View Post
Sweeeeeeetttttttt!!! I wanna see when you get it done Black!

Should have created a gif of the larger size first, but oh well.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #513
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygma619 View Post

We finally get to see the Rimbor Trial, and YES Mongul is the planetary conquerer mentioned in the synopsis.
Will be nice to see what's going on with them.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

Old 02-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #514
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Quote:
Well if he has no more powers then why is he still at STAR Labs? I agree though that he won't be a part of the the team.
Neutron stated in "THE RUNAWAYS" that he remained at STAR Labs because he feared that his explosive powers could return without them monitoring him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadPool View Post
Fair enough. I would still prefer them to at least be full season sets.

P.S. Love your in-depth reviews as well.
Thanks.

I would also prefer full season sets, but it always comes down to costs. The fact that most budgets for DVD releases are as slim as possible is irrelevant; someone still has to be paid to design a menu and X number of copies of DVD's have to be printed and so on, "printed in Mexico/China" or not. And many of these large corporations are penny wise and pound foolish. It is better to just keep in print the DVD's already produced than to have to pay for a new box or DVD's for a season set.

Quote:

I am curious and amazed that YJ Fan Videos Blog managed to get a preview when, apparently, Toonzone, Newsarama, CBR, and/or even Comics Continuum haven't gotten it yet. Still, thanks for the link.

Thoughts/theories?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
- It does show the trial on Rimbor and naturally the alien court isn't too thrilled with Superman and the others. Hell, it's hard to prove mind control even on an Earth court, I would imagine. Unless someone admits to mind controlling someone or took records of it, how does it work?

- Mongul is indeed the villain of the week. This show's had a lot of them. Given the look of his throne, his artificial "Warworld" will probably turn up. It may be what the Reach seem to be examining.

- The "alpha team" for the episode seems to be Guardian, Superboy, Wonder Girl, Impulse, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, Arsenal, and Wolf. A mix of characters I don't mind and mingled with characters I wouldn't mind a break from.

- The Reach do seem to be monitoring the situation. Perhaps they'll aid in the battle against Mongul to further endear themselves to the public.

- Ivy Town is a stated location for the episode. For the record, that's the Atom's home town. We last saw the Atom in "TRUE COLORS" alongside his "student" Bumblebee trying (and failing) to remove Jaime's scarab at the cellular level. We know from dialogue that currently Atom and Flash are collaborating on researching some of the Reach's stuff.

Looks to be a better episode than "THE RUNAWAYS", even if I'm probably looking forward to "COMPLICATIONS" next week more.

Last edited by Dread; 02-07-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #515
ElToro
Im No Side-Kick lol

Quote:

I think that Green Beetle was always a bad guy and tricked BB into rebooting the scarab. However, if they are double agents as you say then that could make sense. This just keeps getting more confusing by the minute.

I think GB is more powerful than MM when it comes to psychic abilities though and was able to show her what he wanted her to know and keep his true thoughts hidden from her, which probably wasn't easy given the fact that she wasn't trying to use her telepathy all that much.
When i saw the last episode, it made me think that Breen Beetle was a bad guy because towards the end when it was Blue, Green , and Black Beetle together. Something was going wrong, obviously. So what kid flash saw in the future about Blue beetle, it actually happened right??

Old 02-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #516
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElToro View Post
When i saw the last episode, it made me think that Breen Beetle was a bad guy because towards the end when it was Blue, Green , and Black Beetle together. Something was going wrong, obviously. So what kid flash saw in the future about Blue beetle, it actually happened right??
Maybe. Perhaps it was Black Beetle in the Blue Beetle armor or another Reach alien/soldier. There future is till uncertain.

However, I thing Green and Blue are in deed baddies and aren't double agents.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #517
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Another clip...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #518
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

World's Finest @ Toonzone has a video clip and some screen caps for "WAR". They're different than the ones nygma619 posted, even if the clip is even more brief.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/20...s-dc-nation-5/

This clip has also been posted on Facebook by DC Nation: http://dcnation.kidswb.com/video/You...a-fb0f090d158c

The prior clip is also here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9la4awf-scs

Tidbits/theories, in tandem to my previous ones about the last preview:

- The artificial "Warworld" planet will definitely be in play if not a setting for the major conflict. Captain Atom, Aquaman, Black Canary, Superboy, and Nightwing all meet up in the Watchtower to discover it passing one of the moons of Saturn. Naturally, prior screen caps confirmed that Mongul is indeed the villain of the week. One of many (perhaps too many in ratio to reoccurring villains) the show has had.

- Among the audience members for the trial of the Justice Leaguers on Rimbor are some Kroloteans. I would not be surprised if the explosion in "ALIENATED" will be used against Superman and/or the League in some manner.

- Bumblebee is also confirmed to appear. As noted before, Ivy Town is a location which will be used in the episode from the last preview and that's the home town of the Atom, her "mentor".

- This does seem to be a heavy action episode with "the team" apparently taking the fight to Warworld. This episode will have a slew of team members appear: Nightwing, Superboy, Batgirl, Arsenal, Impulse, Blue Beetle, Robin, Guardian, Wonder Girl, Beast Boy, and Wolf at least. I am curious how many of them will actually have any lines since SAG limits credited actors per episode to roughly a baker's dozen (13).

- For DC Comic shippers, this may be the first time Superboy and Wonder Girl are together in the same battle since "ALIENATED". Even if this show has settled Conner into another relationship this season with Wendy (and maybe Megan again).

- By featuring Nightwing, Superboy, Impulse, and Blue Beetle, it does seem to focus on 4 of the 6-7 "leads" for this season. Next week's "COMPLICATIONS" will see a return of Artemis, Megan, and Aqualad, who are the other three "leads". So, the word of the leads popping up more for this latter half of the season from the producers is baring fruit.

And I did not mistype. These are the 6-7 leads this season. The order of importance is debatable but it's roughly Blue Beetle and Impulse of the new class and Nightwing, Megan, Artemis, Aqualad, and Conner from the previous class. Other characters have been spotlighted but these are the ones who get the meat of the focus and/or critical scenes this season. Anyone else is strictly support and their importance is minimal. Wally West has literally done less this season than Wonder Girl, and anyone who still expects anything of relevance from him this season is simply not paying attention.

Looks to be an action packed episode, and an uptick from last week's fare for me.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #519
nygma619
Side-Kick

Quote:
Neutron stated in "THE RUNAWAYS" that he remained at STAR Labs because he feared that his explosive powers could return without them monitoring him.
Not to mention that while he is legitimately cured (courtesy of Impulse), it's not like Nathaniel knows that, or about the circumstances that led to his depowering.

Quote:
I am curious and amazed that YJ Fan Videos Blog managed to get a preview when, apparently, Toonzone, Newsarama, CBR, and/or even Comics Continuum haven't gotten it yet. Still, thanks for the link.

Thoughts/theories?
The first video and batch of screencaps were over at mtv-geek as far as I can recall.

Quote:
Mongul is indeed the villain of the week. This show's had a lot of them. Given the look of his throne, his artificial "Warworld" will probably turn up. It may be what the Reach seem to be examining.
Given what the synopsis of The Hunt is with Luthor sending The Runaways to rescue the Team, it seems like they might get captured. We'll probably get a situation like this involving The Team, The Light and Mongul.

That also probably means Mongul is not going to be just a one shot like Despero was.

Quote:
Wally West has literally done less this season than Wonder Girl, and anyone who still expects anything of relevance from him this season is simply not paying attention.
So, by that same token, I should expect Darkseid to have NO RELEVANCE to the story by the end of the season.

Also I'm convinced Barry will be dying in these next few episodes. Not just because it's necessary for Wally's "arc", but for Bart's as well. Everything Bart is striving to fix seems to be getting turned on it's head. Mt. Justice is gone, BB is in The Reach's grasp after he seemingly saved him from the Reach in Before The Dawn, it's only a matter of time before the next shoe drops.

You've said it yourself that you feel this show's motto is "Better late than never."

Aside from being involved in some of the action, Cassie's input into the story is still less than Wally's IMO.

Last edited by nygma619; 02-07-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #520
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
- The artificial "Warworld" planet will definitely be in play if not a setting for the major conflict. Captain Atom, Aquaman, Black Canary, Superboy, and Nightwing all meet up in the Watchtower to discover it passing one of the moons of Saturn. Naturally, prior screen caps confirmed that Mongul is indeed the villain of the week. One of many (perhaps too many in ratio to reoccurring villains) the show has had.

- Among the audience members for the trial of the Justice Leaguers on Rimbor are some Kroloteans. I would not be surprised if the explosion in "ALIENATED" will be used against Superman and/or the League in some manner.

- Bumblebee is also confirmed to appear. As noted before, Ivy Town is a location which will be used in the episode from the last preview and that's the home town of the Atom, her "mentor".

- This does seem to be a heavy action episode with "the team" apparently taking the fight to Warworld. This episode will have a slew of team members appear: Nightwing, Superboy, Batgirl, Arsenal, Impulse, Blue Beetle, Robin, Guardian, Wonder Girl, Beast Boy, and Wolf at least. I am curious how many of them will actually have any lines since SAG limits credited actors per episode to roughly a baker's dozen (13).

- For DC Comic shippers, this may be the first time Superboy and Wonder Girl are together in the same battle since "ALIENATED". Even if this show has settled Conner into another relationship this season with Wendy (and maybe Megan again).

- By featuring Nightwing, Superboy, Impulse, and Blue Beetle, it does seem to focus on 4 of the 6-7 "leads" for this season. Next week's "COMPLICATIONS" will see a return of Artemis, Megan, and Aqualad, who are the other three "leads". So, the word of the leads popping up more for this latter half of the season from the producers is baring fruit.

And I did not mistype. These are the 6-7 leads this season. The order of importance is debatable but it's roughly Blue Beetle and Impulse of the new class and Nightwing, Megan, Artemis, Aqualad, and Conner from the previous class. Other characters have been spotlighted but these are the ones who get the meat of the focus and/or critical scenes this season. Anyone else is strictly support and their importance is minimal. Wally West has literally done less this season than Wonder Girl, and anyone who still expects anything of relevance from him this season is simply not paying attention.

Looks to be an action packed episode, and an uptick from last week's fare for me.
Yeah, I wish Bumblebee would stop stringing Mal along, he clearly deserves better.

Actually, Superboy and Wonder Girl teamed up (albeit ineffectively) against Black Beetle in Before the Dawn. She was also helping him up on the bio-ship in the same episode. The only problem with Wonder Girl/Superboy on this show is she's 14.

This episode could either be one of the best this show has to offer or it could end up a mess, let's hope for the former. Though you have to wonder how the Team is supposed to defeat Mongul without PIS, a plot device or him surrendering to the League.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #521
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Quote:
Not to mention that while he is legitimately cured (courtesy of Impulse), it's not like Nathaniel knows that, or about the circumstances that led to his depowering.
Of course. So it makes sense that he's at STAR Labs and would be wary of his powers returning.

Quote:
The first video and batch of screencaps were over at mtv-geek as far as I can recall.
I actually looked that up and realized it was a leak from MTV Geek afterward, I just didn't see the need to edit or post it since it's the material that counts, not the source.

Quote:
Given what the synopsis of The Hunt is with Luthor sending The Runaways to rescue the Team, it seems like they might get captured. We'll probably get a situation like this involving The Team, The Light and Mongul.

That also probably means Mongul is not going to be just a one shot like Despero was.
That presumes that the show is willing to have the team get captured by Mongul, then put that on hold for an episode to resolve or continue the Kaldur/Megan/Artemis storyline with "COMPLICATION" and only after that resolve it with Luthor's League (that is what I have decided to call them). It's plausible but I also am wary of assuming that the show would decide to devote 2-3 episodes to Mongul. It could always be another threat which compromises the team for an episode in "THE HUNT".

In regards to the clip, I can see "the team" and "the Light" doing such a thing against "The Reach" in the end. While the Reach and the Light may be allies of convenience for the moment, they each have ambitions that exclude the others so they're making moves around each other, with "the team" as pawns caught in the middle.

Quote:
So, by that same token, I should expect Darkseid to have NO RELEVANCE to the story by the end of the season.
To be honest, I'm becoming less sure Darkseid is popping up. He's a glutton of a villain who seems to absorb a lot of focus and that would seem to overshadow the long term threat of "the Reach". There is also the specter of imitating the series/season finales of "SUPERMAN: TAS" and "JLU" with Darkseid. Honestly, I'd be fine without Darkseid since I see the Reach and the Light as the major adversaries this season.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen or that it won't, but that I'm not counting down episodes until it happens and I'd be fine if it didn't. I've seen Darkseid many times; the Reach or Vandal Savage (done well) less so. I've liked that this show has chosen to elevate certain villains other shows dismissed or never animated (such as Sportsmaster or Harm) so I'd be cool if the season focused on where it needs to focus and didn't bring in Darkseid as a 5th wheel.

To go along with your theory on Mongul, is it possible that he may be in the place of Darkseid? Once upon a time Mongul was "Darkseid Lite" when the genuine article was off limits in the NEW GODS franchise, and there's always been some inspiration there between the two. If the show decided to take that more literally, then maybe Mongul could be a big deal.

At this point in the season Darkseid would be just another threat from left field like Lobo or Despero are and I don't think that would work. He hasn't been amped up as long as the Reach or Light and to supplant them this late in the season would be a repeat of what some would argue "JLU" did when it sidetracked its Cadmus story to offer up an over the top battle against "Lexiac". Not saying it can't be an entertaining spectacle regardless.

Quote:
Also I'm convinced Barry will be dying in these next few episodes. Not just because it's necessary for Wally's "arc", but for Bart's as well. Everything Bart is striving to fix seems to be getting turned on it's head. Mt. Justice is gone, BB is in The Reach's grasp after he seemingly saved him from the Reach in Before The Dawn, it's only a matter of time before the next shoe drops.

You've said it yourself that you feel this show's motto is "Better late than never."

Aside from being involved in some of the action, Cassie's input into the story is still less than Wally's IMO.
That's debatable. While both have been supporting characters this season, she did at least share the airtime "BENEATH" and was the star or co-star of the episode (beside Jaime Reyes, of course). Wally's longest airtime this season was in "BLOODLINES", and all he did was help usher in Impulse as a new major character (and complete the "Flash family" motif). Cassie's arc or story was proving herself to her peers as perhaps being more of a "freshman" compared to Batgirl or Bumblebee, which she did. Wally's arc has been worrying about Artemis, and even that's very generous.

I can buy some movement with Impulse's plot although so far he's mostly piggy backed onto Blue Beetle's arc. Some people on Toonzone have called it "The Scarab & The Speedster". In "BEFORE THE DAWN" Impulse claimed preventing Jaime being compromised (or at least Blue Beetle from betraying earth) was his primary objective from the future. Saving the Flash and neutering Neutron (see what I did there) were secondary objectives.

There's "better late than never" and "too late to care". There are now only 6 episodes left in the season; five left after "WAR". That isn't enough time for a character who has done nothing all season to emerge as a major factor without it derailing the current storyline. It also imitates "DIVIDED WE FALL" from "JLU", and this show has been walking a tightrope to avoid repeating prior DC shows. I'm sure Wally will pop up again but I'm not expecting it to do more than support another character or for a cameo in some group battle. It would be too jarring for a show as tightly plotted and serialized a show as this to devote major importance to a left field character (which Wally has been this season) opposed to the others. By that logic, it's like expecting Jimmy Olsen to take out the big bad at the end of a Superman season. There simply isn't enough episode airtime to do it right and I'd rather not see something at all then see something half ***ed. He hasn't appeared in five episodes in a row. I certainly don't expect him to start appearing majorly in episodes now.

Impulse's time travel mission so far hasn't gone well. While he apparently succeeded in averting the detail of Neutron being a rampaging menace for years, he hasn't averted his future yet nor prevented Blue Beetle from being compromised. Hence the dilemmas caused from meddling with time; quite often one can cause the very thing they seek to prevent. Time travel missions rarely worked out well for the X-Men.

Last edited by Dread; 02-08-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #522
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomfangs125 View Post
Yeah, I wish Bumblebee would stop stringing Mal along, he clearly deserves better.

Actually, Superboy and Wonder Girl teamed up (albeit ineffectively) against Black Beetle in Before the Dawn. She was also helping him up on the bio-ship in the same episode. The only problem with Wonder Girl/Superboy on this show is she's 14.

This episode could either be one of the best this show has to offer or it could end up a mess, let's hope for the former. Though you have to wonder how the Team is supposed to defeat Mongul without PIS, a plot device or him surrendering to the League.
I know Wonder Girl is that young; hence why she isn't dating Conner. While Megan may be willing to date someone vastly younger than she is, Conner isn't. But you are right, they have teamed up before.

I am expecting an action packed episode. And what does "PIS" stand for in this context?

Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #523
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am expecting an action packed episode. And what does "PIS" stand for in this context?
Plot Induced Stupidity, I think.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:50 AM   #524
Spider-Aziz
Movie Bat Cowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomfangs125 View Post
Plot Induced Stupidity, I think.
I confirm it, it does stand for
Plot Induced Stupidity

Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #525
ElToro
Im No Side-Kick lol

Quote:
That's debatable. While both have been supporting characters this season, she did at least share the airtime "BENEATH" and was the star or co-star of the episode (beside Jaime Reyes, of course). Wally's longest airtime this season was in "BLOODLINES", and all he did was help usher in Impulse as a new major character (and complete the "Flash family" motif). Cassie's arc or story was proving herself to her peers as perhaps being more of a "freshman" compared to Batgirl or Bumblebee, which she did. Wally's arc has been worrying about Artemis, and even that's very generous.

I can buy some movement with Impulse's plot although so far he's mostly piggy backed onto Blue Beetle's arc. Some people on Toonzone have called it "The Scarab & The Speedster". In "BEFORE THE DAWN" Impulse claimed preventing Jaime being compromised (or at least Blue Beetle from betraying earth) was his primary objective from the future. Saving the Flash and neutering Neutron (see what I did there) were secondary objectives.

There's "better late than never" and "too late to care". There are now only 6 episodes left in the season; five left after "WAR". That isn't enough time for a character who has done nothing all season to emerge as a major factor without it derailing the current storyline. It also imitates "DIVIDED WE FALL" from "JLU", and this show has been walking a tightrope to avoid repeating prior DC shows. I'm sure Wally will pop up again but I'm not expecting it to do more than support another character or for a cameo in some group battle. It would be too jarring for a show as tightly plotted and serialized a show as this to devote major importance to a left field character (which Wally has been this season) opposed to the others. By that logic, it's like expecting Jimmy Olsen to take out the big bad at the end of a Superman season. There simply isn't enough episode airtime to do it right and I'd rather not see something at all then see something half ***ed. He hasn't appeared in five episodes in a row. I certainly don't expect him to start appearing majorly in episodes now.

Impulse's time travel mission so far hasn't gone well. While he apparently succeeded in averting the detail of Neutron being a rampaging menace for years, he hasn't averted his future yet nor prevented Blue Beetle from being compromised. Hence the dilemmas caused from meddling with time; quite often one can cause the very thing they seek to prevent. Time travel missions rarely worked out well for the X-Men.
When i pick up a DC Comic and or watch a cartoon or anything about DC, I bring back the Crisis Story line and Kingdom Come. I dont know if writers are following that story line. I say this because we dont hear much from Wally anymore, let alone not here from him in the comics. When the new 52 came out, it was like....Where is Wally? Where is he? In Crisis on infinite earths, Barry Allen dies, well dosent really die just keeps running and then on Final Crisis he comes back but, my point is, if the writers try to follow that same exact story line. Is the story line also in Young Justice? I think that would be cool if writers tend to go that rout.

Closed Thread