The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #101
Maximus One
Oddball

Default Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

I swear, I don't think I've ever seen one single half hour long series produce so many ****ing essays on a message board! Ain't nobody got time to read some of these damn posts!

Old 01-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #102
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
yeah from the team but not the audience. Dick showed a lot more of his personality in season 1 than Tim has this season as Robin.
All I can take from Tim is that he's unsure of his skills as a leader.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #103
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I swear, I don't think I've ever seen one single half hour long series produce so many ****ing essays on a message board! Ain't nobody got time to read some of these damn posts!

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #104
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordacar View Post
"My name is B'ars O'ohm."
Ah, I see what you did there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
i dont get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseGuy487 View Post
His name is a play on and homage to the word "Barsoom", the Martian's name for Mars in the John Carter of Mars series written by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
Thanks...I had absolutely no idea.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #105
Maximus One
Oddball

Yea neither did I. Pretty cool

Old 01-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #106
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Fan View Post

Hm. So using secret identities to get to the heroes is beneath the Light... Huh.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #107
Sarcastic Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomfangs125 View Post
Hm. So using secret identities to get to the heroes is beneath the Light... Huh.
Well, like Weisman said in an interview, in this case the Light aren't out to kill the heroes. The heroes are more useful to them alive, and as unwitting pawns. Remember, this is the guy who created David Xanatos.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #108
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
And you call yourselves nerds.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #109
SomR9922
Banned User

Young Justice is so awesome!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #110
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
Thanks...I had absolutely no idea.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
And you call yourselves nerds.
*hangs head in shame...hands over membership card*

Old 01-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #111
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
yeah from the team but not the audience. Dick showed a lot more of his personality in [the first few minutes of] season 1 than Tim has this season as Robin.
Fixed.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #112
Dread
TMNT 1984-2009

Exclamation Re: Young Justice Cartoon - Part 8

Quote:
Interesting. So Lex planning his little shindig in Smallville when Superman is off world was no accident.

Quote:
Well, like Weisman said in an interview, in this case the Light aren't out to kill the heroes. The heroes are more useful to them alive, and as unwitting pawns. Remember, this is the guy who created David Xanatos.
True. I sometimes wonder if "The Light" might have a harder time carrying out their mission without being discovered if there was no League to manipulate.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #113
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
HA, thats EXACTLY how I feel about Dread's posts/essays

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 01-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #114
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

What did M'Gaan do?
Three scenarios to go with Simon and Kaldoran, and I don't like any of them
Great to see Deathstroke

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #115
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
What did M'Gaan do?
Three scenarios to go with Simon and Kaldoran, and I don't like any of them
Great to see Deathstroke
I think the whole point of the Psimon and Kaldur scene was to make the audience go: 'Oh crap.'

Old 01-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #116
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
I think the whole point of the Psimon and Kaldur scene was to make the audience go: 'Oh crap.'
It did it's thing, and I threw that line

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 01-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #117
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread View Post
Perhaps. I think Peter David (who wrote "BLOODLINES") stated that altering the future via time travel worked in stages; until/unless some critical things were altered, it happened piecemeal.

That isn't how time travel worked in "GARGOYLES" though, which was mostly set in stone. Attempts to alter it usually wound up causing it. For all we know, Impulse's attempts to meddle may wind up causing the events he's sought to change.

Naturally, time travel came up a lot in the 90's "X-MEN" series. Bishop kept traveling back in time from the year 2045 (I think) to try to find a way to prevent his world run by Sentinels from becoming reality; after two jumps all he usually wound up doing was changing the details of how the Sentinels rose to power. Naturally, in "WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN", while the time spanning efforts of Professor X did alter the future and prevent Master Mold from ruling the world in 20 years, it essentially cleared the way for Apocalypse to do so.
Agree with all this. Yeah I enjoyed how time travel was depicted in Gargoyles. X-Men had the same basic principles too.

That's what I love about Time Travel since it is theoretical there are many interpretations on how actions will effect things.

So do we call him Green Beetle or Green Mantis? I thought he came off more as a Praying Mantis. I'm calling him Green Mantis, we already have a Blue Beetle and Black Beetle.

Also, do all Martians have telekinesis? In JL?JLU I don't remember J'onn being shown to have telekinesis, so does he have that power in YJ?

Can't wait until Green Mantis and Miss Martian meet up. I want to see what GM looks like when not in armor form. This is like the Guyver. You have a human Guyver vs. an alien Guyver, and then an alien Guyver with natural superpowers in addition to the Scarab powers. So cool!!!

I take it that in YJ unlike JL/JLU that martians still exist and haven't been killed off?

Pretty impressed with Tim/Robin. Made me reminisce of Batman:TNA. I would have slapped the s*#$ out Arsenal for blowing the mission though.

So is Arsenal still the exact age he was before being taking by cadmus or did he age slightly while in cryo-stasis? Is he 15? That has to be so weird and frustrating for him to now be younger than his friends (Nightwing, Kid Flash, Aqualad) and be their inferior, in a way, when he was once considered ahead of them and on his way to becoming a Leaguer.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)

Last edited by Midnight Black; 01-21-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #118
Maximus One
Oddball

I've been wondering about Arsenal's age as well. He seems to be drawn younger. I do love seeing Roy as Arsenal though. Not scared to admit I'm a total Arsenal fanboy at all

Old 01-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #119
venomfangs125
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Agree with all this. Yeah I enjoyed how time travel was depicted in Gargoyles. X-Men had the same basic principles too.

That's what I love about Time Travel since it is theoretical there are many interpretations on how actions will effect things.

So do we call him Green Beetle or Green Mantis? I thought he came off more as a Praying Mantis. I'm calling him Green Mantis, we already have a Blue Beetle and Black Beetle.

Also, do all Martians have telekinesis? In JL?JLU I don't remember J'onn being shown to have telekinesis, so does he have that power in YJ?

Can't wait until Green Mantis and Miss Martian meet up. I want to see what GM looks like when not in armor form. This is like the Guyver. You have a human Guyver vs. an alien Guyver, and then an alien Guyver with natural superpowers in addition to the Scarab powers. So cool!!!

I take it that in YJ unlike JL/JLU that martians still exist and haven't been killed off?

Pretty impressed with Tim/Robin. Made me reminisce of Batman:TNA. I would have slapped the s*#$ out Arsenal for blowing the mission though.

So is Arsenal still the exact age he was before being taking by cadmus or did he age slightly while in cry-stasis? Is he 15? That has to be so weird and frustrating for him to now be younger than his friends (Nightwing, Kid Flash, Aqualad) and be their inferior, in a way, when he was once considered ahead of them and on his way to becoming a Leaguer.

Quote:
I've been wondering about Arsenal's age as well. He seems to be drawn younger. I do love seeing Roy as Arsenal though. Not scared to admit I'm a total Arsenal fanboy at all
15 years old. The Team for this episode each had a different age: Blue Beetle - 16, Arsenal - 15, Robin III - 14 and Impulse - 13. Not an important fact but I'm just throwing it out there. And I found Arsenal to be cool as well. The battle against Black is definietly well choreographed, wouldn't you agree?

Is Green Beetle/Mantis even from the comics? If so, I think Blue Beetle just found the mentor he wished for in 'Satisfaction.' If that one preview was anything to go on, Green sticks around to join the Justice League or at least long enough to drive the Reach away.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #120
Maximus One
Oddball

I loved when Nightwing had to tell Arsenal to tone it down and take only what he can conceal under regular clothes. Haha

Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #121
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
15 years old. The Team for this episode each had a different age: Blue Beetle - 16, Arsenal - 15, Robin III - 14 and Impulse - 13. Not an important fact but I'm just throwing it out there. And I found Arsenal to be cool as well. The battle against Black is definietly well choreographed, wouldn't you agree?

Is Green Beetle/Mantis even from the comics? If so, I think Blue Beetle just found the mentor he wished for in 'Satisfaction.' If that one preview was anything to go on, Green sticks around to join the Justice League or at least long enough to drive the Reach away.
Thanks for the age info. I like knowing little things like that lol. Still must be weird for Arsenal/Roy to be taking orders like that from Nigthwing, but oh well. I agree that it looks like they are drawing him younger as well. It is clear by the shaved haircut and his physique that they are really trying to drive the point that he is not Red Arrow and is much younger. IMO even Red Arrow looked older when he was "Speedy/Roy: than Arsenal/Roy does.

So what do they call Red Arrow now when not in uniform....Yor or Ory

I agree that I hope Green Mantis stick around and becomes the mentor that Jaimie has always wanted/needed. He may even proved to be a better mentor than the other Blue Beetle could have been to Jaimie since they both have the scarab in common.

I just hope the writers don't do something cheap and have Green Mantis die or get killed in order to save Blue Beetle/Jaimie from the Reach/Black Beetle.

I also agree the choreography is done well. So glad that they are spreading the character's screen time around as much as possible in relation to the story/plots instead of just showing familiar characters. Introducing lesser known characters and giving them their shine has always been a favorite thing of mine when watching cartoons or reading comics.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #122
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Just got to see the episode since I missed it on Saturday. I saw the Psimon thing coming so that wasn't as big of a shocker as I guess it was meant to be. Deathstroke's entrance made me nearly shout in the dining hall though. I had to contain myself from excitement XD I feel like such a loser

One thing that sort of gets me is what Lex was referring to at the end of the episode. The stuff in the bottles... it will give humans all that the Reach need them to have? Mind control? Dependence? And also the pictures of the meta-gene research subject at the end with Static, Dorado, Ty Longshadow etc. Are they rigged to be moles as Red Arrow was in S1? I only watched the ep once so some things may have blown over my head that weren't supposed to.

Also, Tim was a little more likable in this episode but I still feel like he's being a tryhard attempting to be Nightwing. I understand why he wants to do that but he really should stop and be his own person. I see he's essentially as talented as Dick so he'll shape up to be a great Robin I'm sure.

Last question and a bit of a side note, is the Martian Beetle a pre made character in the DCU or is he an original just for YJ? I feel like it's most likely the latter since I can't find anything on him from a quick Google search but does anyone here know?

Old 01-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #123
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
Just got to see the episode since I missed it on Saturday. I saw the Psimon thing coming so that wasn't as big of a shocker as I guess it was meant to be. Deathstroke's entrance made me nearly shout in the dining hall though. I had to contain myself from excitement XD I feel like such a loser

One thing that sort of gets me is what Lex was referring to at the end of the episode. The stuff in the bottles... it will give humans all that the Reach need them to have? Mind control? Dependence? And also the pictures of the meta-gene research subject at the end with Static, Dorado, Ty Longshadow etc. Are they rigged to be moles as Red Arrow was in S1? I only watched the ep once so some things may have blown over my head that weren't supposed to.

Also, Tim was a little more likable in this episode but I still feel like he's being a tryhard attempting to be Nightwing. I understand why he wants to do that but he really should stop and be his own person. I see he's essentially as talented as Dick so he'll shape up to be a great Robin I'm sure.

Last question and a bit of a side note, is the Martian Beetle a pre made character in the DCU or is he an original just for YJ? I feel like it's most likely the latter since I can't find anything on him from a quick Google search but does anyone here know?
Well I did do a google once on 'Blue Beetle' and a comic came up that showed multiple various colored beetles fighting each other on the cover. Not sure if it was taken from that or inspired, but I also think that Green Mantis is a YJ original.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #124
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick

I just wanted to add I love how after Nightwing brought out that Blue Beetle would have betrayed them by now but hasn't the Scarab told BB to "listen to the Nightwing." It was just something funny about how that line was delivered.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #125
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan_McClark View Post
I just wanted to add I love how after Nightwing brought out that Blue Beetle would have betrayed them by now but hasn't the Scarab told BB to "listen to the Nightwing." It was just something funny about how that line was delivered.
"....his logic is flawless" lol. I like the delivery of that line as well.

I'm also curious to see how good Nightwing has become. His presence and command, but at the same time not needing to show off his physicality speaks volumes.

Closed Thread