Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 04:35 AM   #426
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Using your own instincts and judgement is basically faith, just to let you know. And how you don't expect faith to be brought up when you bring up the fact you're a Christian(who rely on faith on God's existence)? Also, the logic part of that sentence isn't required, since you're not going on logic.

That's all I'll say on that.
Are you serious? You can't do that! If this was an actual debate you would get boo'd off the stage. I SAID logic, I MEANT logic. You can't just pretend like I didn't say it. That's not how a debate works. I DIDN'T contradict myself.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 03-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #427
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Are you serious? You can't do that! If this was an actual debate you would get boo'd off the stage. I SAID logic, I MEANT logic. You can't just pretend like I didn't say it. That's not how a debate works.
Just like how you said and meant faith? Okay, champ.

I only disputed it because you're not being logical about the situation.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:37 AM   #428
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
My god, this isn't hard to understand. Nowhere in the two posts that I and Whiskey have quoted indicate that you've been "thinking" they will appear in the pilot. Reading them, it's obvious that you were saying at the time that Downey and Evans are definitely going to be in the SHIELD pilot.
I never said I "thought" I "assumed" or I "guessed" that they will be in the pilot.

Never did i say those things.

I said I believe 100% that they will be in the pilot.

I believe... 100%... that they (i.e. RDJ, Evans, etc).. WILL be in the pilot

That is what I have been stating over and over and over.

Now, where did I say it was a fact?

Where?

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-07-2013, 04:38 AM   #429
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Are you serious? You can't do that! If this was an actual debate you would get boo'd off the stage. I SAID logic, I MEANT logic. You can't just pretend like I didn't say it. That's not how a debate works. I DIDN'T contradict myself.
No adult can be this dense, can they? I seriously don't think he understands either of us. Maybe he's using Google Translator and the words are all screwy?

I don't like debating with people who can't comprehend the language. Feels like picking on the "special" kids =\

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 03-07-2013, 04:39 AM   #430
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
I never said I "thought" I "assumed" or I "guessed" that they will be in the pilot.

Never did i say those things.

I said I believe 100% that they will be in the pilot.

I believe... 100%... that they (i.e. RDJ, Evans, etc).. WILL be in the pilot

That is what I have been stating over and over and over.

Now, where did I say it was a fact?

Where?
You can look to the two posts that I've quoted many times to see where you said it as fact. It's not like you said "I personally believe" before either of those two revealing posts.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:39 AM   #431
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
No adult can be this dense, can they? I seriously don't think he understands either of us. Maybe he's using Google Translator and the words are all screwy?
Yeah, you attempt to rationalize the situation any way you can. I'm letting your posts speak for themselves.

Now you're saying "you personally believe", so that way you won't be proven wrong when the pilot rolls around and these guys aren't in it. Welp, good night folks. Maybe there will be more people up tomorrow who care about this.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:41 AM   #432
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
You can look to the two posts that I've quoted many times to see where you said it as fact. It's not like you said "I personally believe" before that post.

I never said it was a fact. You, obviously, can't see that. So you either A) don't understand the language B) are using a translator that is failing you or C) can't admit that you're wrong and are hoping someone will swoop in to back you up

My guess is C but I'm honestly hoping for B

Old 03-07-2013, 04:42 AM   #433
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I am hoping for more to swoop in and back me up. Not for the reasons you're explaining, though. I'm certainly not the wrong one in this situation, but of course, that's your opinion which will undoubtedly be against mine in this particular discussion. That's why I'm gonna go to sleep and wait to see if anyone else has heard of this news.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:43 AM   #434
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
I am hoping for more to swoop in and back me up. Not for the reasons you're explaining, though.
Hopefully they have a firmer grasp on the English language

Old 03-07-2013, 04:44 AM   #435
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Just like how you said and meant faith? Okay, champ.
This is completely irrelevant. I could have added as many words as I liked. Faith, fear, trust, etc. The point is that I didn't ONLY say faith as you implied, therefore not contradicting myself.

Quote:
I only disputed it because you're not being logical about the situation.
How can you even know that? Are you in my brain? Were you here when I first read Poni's post and decided I'd believe it? No. I used logic, only I can know that anyway, deal with it.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #436
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Hopefully they have a firmer grasp on the English language

Snippy comments like these are always so revealing.

Oh well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:47 AM   #437
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
This is completely irrelevant. I could have added as many words as I liked. Faith, fear, trust, etc. The point is that I didn't ONLY say faith as you implied, therefore not contradicting myself.

How can you even know that? Are you in my brain? Were you here when I first read Poni's post and decided I'd believe it? No. I used logic, only I can know that anyway, deal with it.
I never said you exclusively said faith, I just said that's how you're approaching the situation.

There is no way that logic could help you determine whether or not what Poni is saying is true or not, because there is no evidence to support his claim which is where a big chunk of logic comes from if you have not heard.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:47 AM   #438
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Well, I was always taught not to look down on those less fortunate than me. So please accept my apology for doing so for the past few hours.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #439
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

And for the next few hours too.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:49 AM   #440
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Well, I was always taught not to look down on those less fortunate than me. So please accept my apology for doing so for the past few hours.
I'm sure it's not completely your fault that you have a tendency to be arrogant and stuck up, considering what you've just told me in this post. Not to mention your seemingly dishonest nature after what I've seen tonight.

I'll just sleep on it, I suppose.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:53 AM   #441
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
I never said you exclusively said faith, I just said that's how you're approaching the situation.
That's how you interpreted me approaching the situation. In case you didn't know, I used logic. Like I said, I used logic. As only I can know, I used logic. Get it in your head.

Quote:
There is no way that logic could help you determine whether or not what Poni is saying is true or not, because there is no evidence to support his claim which is where a big chunk of logic comes from if you have not heard.
Ok we're talking about two completely different things here. I used logic to determine whether or not I'd believe Poni. I don't have to determine whether or not he's right to believe him. All I have to do is give my own self reasons to believe him, using instinct, judgment, and logic. Like I said once, like I've been saying this whole time.

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 03-07-2013 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:53 AM   #442
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

I'm confused. Is the cat dead, or isn't it?

Old 03-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #443
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
That's how you interpreted me approaching the situation. In case you didn't know, I used logic.

Ok we're talking about two completely different things here. I used logic to determined whether or not I'd believe Poni. I don't have to determine whether or not he's right to believe him. All I have to do is give my own self reasons to believe him, using instinct, judgment, and logic. Like I said once, like I've been saying this whole time.
Now what type of logic led you to assume that he's right? That's my question. If I don't reply it's because I finally got my ass to bed, but just explain the logic behind it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:56 AM   #444
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamantium man View Post
i'm confused. Is the cat dead, or isn't it?

you're missing the damn point

Old 03-07-2013, 04:56 AM   #445
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

But seriously, the cat died. Schrödinger drank A LOT of absinthe.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:59 AM   #446
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Now what type of logic led you to assume that he's right?
Quote:
led you to assume that he's right?
Quote:
he's right?
How many times do I have to say I'm not using logic to determine if he's right!!! I'm using logic to determine whether or not I believe him!!!11!1! You seriously do need to go to sleep. Give your brain some rest. Maybe that's what you've needed this whole time.

Quote:
Ok we're talking about two completely different things here. I used logic to determine whether or not I'd believe Poni. I don't have to determine whether or not he's right to believe him. All I have to do is give my own self reasons to believe him, using instinct, judgment, and logic. Like I said once, like I've been saying this whole time.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #447
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

I'm gonna go shower. Now, I can't provide you all any evidence that I'll have showered, so you can believe me or not. But I'm 100% sure I will be showering in the next, like, 10 minutes.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #448
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
How many times do I have to say I'm not using logic to determine if he's right!!! I'm using logic to determine whether or not I believe him!!!11!1! You seriously do need to go to sleep. Give your brain some rest. Maybe that's what you've needed this whole time.
Okay, let me rephrase the question. How has logic determined whether or not you believe him? What was your thought process on this?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 AM   #449
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

For what it's worth, I don't believe you Poni. There's only a 20% chance that you're going to shower because there's no evidence.

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 03-07-2013 at 05:14 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #450
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
For what it's worth, I don't believe you Poni. There's only a 20% chance that you're going to shower because there's no evidence.
I don't care what you believe I'm not sending you pics for proof

Closed Thread