Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #501
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Default Re: Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
So if Poni presented outright evidence, that would not incline you to lean further on his side? I would definitely believe him more if that were the case.
Yes, yes it would.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 03-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #502
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Okay, all I wanted to know.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #503
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Sooooo 5 pages of nothing from something someone saw but can't prove.
No screenshot or anything.
Nice.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #504
OB12
Side-Kick

That was certainly quite a discussion. I will say that I believe Poni may be on to something. Having RDJ, Evans, and SLJ in the pilot seems like a no-brainer if they were able to work it out logistically and contractually. I remember reading a quote from SLJ saying that he would love to be on the show, if they could work it out. The fact is, this show needs to put its best foot forward and making it painfully obvious to the audience that it is directly tied to one of the most successful films in history is a great strategy.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #505
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Sooooo 5 pages of nothing from something someone saw but can't prove.
No screenshot or anything.
Nice.
That's what makes the fur fly around these parts. Personally, I would not only have screen capped that page but copied all the photos, too. But that's just me. Too bad we'll have to wait seven or eight months to see the pilot and sort out what's what.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #506
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

If I saw something online that I thought was new I normally save it to my phone or screenshot it and ask around a few mates to see if they know about it ... or just post it on here and ask.

Really not that hard.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #507
Caboose
Side-Kick

No proof = no care.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #508
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
That was certainly quite a discussion. I will say that I believe Poni may be on to something. Having RDJ, Evans, and SLJ in the pilot seems like a no-brainer if they were able to work it out logistically and contractually. I remember reading a quote from SLJ saying that he would love to be on the show, if they could work it out. The fact is, this show needs to put its best foot forward and making it painfully obvious to the audience that it is directly tied to one of the most successful films in history is a great strategy.
Of course he may be on to something. Yes it seems like a no-brainer if they are able to work it out contractually, however, that is not what I had a problem with. I had a problem with Poni regarding this "news" as 100%true in his first posts when he mentioned this in a counter argument against me on why the chances of Cavill appearing on Arrow in a Clark Kent cameo. I didn't think the Cavill thing was happenning any time soon and just didn't seem realistic, until he brought up the news about those two actors cameoing in the Marvel SHIELD pilot. Now he's blatantly changed his claims to "I think they will appear(btw, now he's added they might not even make cameos, just have Downey and Evans' face in monitors like Jane was in TA. That's fine, except for the fact that he clearly didn't mean "small appearances" when he initially said that he heard Downey and Evans were on set the SHIELD pilot. No need to personally show up on set for such a "small appearance" when all that needs to be taken is your picture. It's obvious backtracking at this point.

After I tried to look up some proof to support Poni's claim, I couldn't find any. He also says that all of his possible sources for this thing are gone and have "mysteriously" vanished, except for one girl he named who took the pics(or something like that) that I can't even find a way to personally contact so that I may inquire about this myself without having to take Poni's word for it(which I just won't do). Now we're having to wait all of these months to see if what Poni's saying is true. Same thing with this Mayimbe character.

Honestly, I think he initially said it as kneejerk reaction when I said the Cavill/Arrow thing. He felt he needed something to continue the debate with, so he puled some baseless information that none of us had ever heard of from the thin air.

I will have no problem if some proof is presented from Poni, but at the moment since it seems to all have mysteriously vanished(according to Poni), it's only natural that I am skeptical. Just doesn't make sense, imo.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 03-07-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #509
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
If I saw something online that I thought was new I normally save it to my phone or screenshot it and ask around a few mates to see if they know about it ... or just post it on here and ask.

Really not that hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Personally, I would not only have screen capped that page but copied all the photos, too. But that's just me. Too bad we'll have to wait seven or eight months to see the pilot and sort out what's what.
Dear god, no. Then that would make too much sense.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #510
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Of course he may be on to something. Yes it seems like a no-brainer if they are able to work it out contractually, however, that is not what I had a problem with. I had a problem with Poni regarding this "news" as 100%true in his first posts when he mentioned this in a counter argument against me on why the chances of Cavill appearing on Arrow in a Clark Kent cameo. I didn't think the Cavill thing was happenning any time soon and just didn't seem realistic, until he brought up the news about those two actors cameoing in the Marvel SHIELD pilot. Now he's blatantly changed his claims to "I think they will appear(btw, now he's added they might not even make cameos, just have Downey and Evans' face in monitors like Jane was in TA. That's fine, except for the fact that he clearly didn't mean "small appearances" when he initially said that he heard Downey and Evans were on set the SHIELD pilot. No need to personally show up on set for such a "small appearance" when all that needs to be taken is your picture. It's obvious backtracking at this point.

After I tried to look up some proof to support Poni's claim, I couldn't find any. He also says that all of his possible sources for this thing are gone and have "mysteriously" vanished, except for one girl he named who took the pics(or something like that) that I can't even find a way to personally contact so that I may inquire about this myself without having to take Poni's word for it(which I just won't do). Now we're having to wait all of these months to see if what Poni's saying is true. Same thing with this Mayimbe character.

Honestly, I think he initially said it as kneejerk reaction when I said the Cavill/Arrow thing. He felt he needed something to continue the debate with, so he puled some baseless information that none of us had ever heard of from the thin air.

I will have no problem if some proof is presented from Poni, but at the moment since it seems to all have mysteriously vanished(according to Poni), it's only natural that I am skeptical. Just doesn't make sense, imo.
I guess my only response is, what difference does it make? Maybe he saw some pics, maybe he didn't. You guys spent 6 pages arguing over semantics really. I know my inclination is to believe him, or want to anyway. I've thought for a while that SLJ will be in the pilot because I think the whole Coulson lives part is going to be hard to pull off without him.

I don't think it is totally out of the realm of possibility that they were on set and pics were taken and accidentally leaked but subsequently pulled back in the span of an hour or two. What I do know is that we haven't seen much from the filming of the pilot outside of a couple of pics of SHIELD jeeps. They seem to be keeping things well under wraps. Bottom line is I am super stoked to hopefully be getting the MCU on a weekly basis. Getting cameos from Avengers would be icing on the cake.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #511
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
I guess my only response is, what difference does it make? Maybe he saw some pics, maybe he didn't. You guys spent 6 pages arguing over semantics really. I know my inclination is to believe him, or want to anyway. I've thought for a while that SLJ will be in the pilot because I think the whole Coulson lives part is going to be hard to pull of without him.

I don't think it is totally out of the realm of possibility that they were on set and pics were taken and accidentally leaked but subsequently pulled back in the span of an hour or two. What I do know is that we haven't seen much from the filming of the pilot outside of a couple of pics of SHIELD jeeps. They seem to be keeping things well under wraps. Bottom line is I am super stoked to hopefully be getting the MCU on a weekly basis. Getting cameos from Avengers would be icing on the cake.
My point is he wasn't in a place to regard that baseless news as fact, regardless of his past in journalism. Something like this is big news and should rightfully be questioned before being believed without anything substantial or hinting to it. Especially when none of it is the evidence he has claimed would reveal everything.

It's not out of the realm of possibility and I've said that, but I personally just can't see it coming to fruition. Even the slightest bit of substantial evidence would be okay as long as it didn't lead me on a wild bantha chase.

That's just me though, and I understand where you're coming from. Just clarifying on my behalf. I'm just going to drop this since there's really no way to expand on this without any solid evidence.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 03-07-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #512
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
We fight each other so much guys, in multiple forums...CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??

lol seriously though we need to find a way to chill with each other better or something I notice we fight almost every other thread.
Just would like to point out that like 80% of the fights/arguments here involve you lately :P nothing personal really, but I think it's absolutely hilarious haha

Old 03-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #513
Mr. Dent
Banned User

This had nothing to do with me this time though.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #514
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Personally, I haven't had an argument in a long time, so I quite enjoyed it. Exercise the thinking muscles and all that jazz.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #515
OB12
Side-Kick

So, lets just assume for the second that Stark, Rogers and Fury all make an appearance in this pilot. I wonder what the scene will be. I'm guessing some sort of reveal by Fury to Stark and Rogers that Coulson is in fact alive. How then does that affect their relationship with SHIELD going forward? CA:TWS is going to have a large SHIELD presence, so we may see some ramifications there.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #516
ctsketch
Side-Kick

wasn't it already established that the series starts out before avengers and thus the reason why coulson is alive?

Old 03-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #517
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Nope, it comes after.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #518
ctsketch
Side-Kick

ooooo Lets see if Fury lied

Old 03-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #519
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I just wanna see how they're going to bring Coulson back.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #520
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

To anyone who says that Coulson's supposed death is now meaningless since he's still alive. That is only half true. His death is now meaningless to us, but it's not meaningless to the characters themselves. If they go with the notion that Fury lied about his death, that could have a huge impact. Fury wasn't wrong in lying because it was necessary, but The Avengers would lose any ounce of trust they gained from him when they find out.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #521
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Fury is such a lying and manipulative bastard that I don't see something like that as out of the question.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #522
ctsketch
Side-Kick

after the lying about weapons of mass destruction bit I'm sure the avengers already distrust Fury. Maybe in Avengers 2 between that and Coulson we'll finally have some proper fiction between SHIELD and the Avengers

Old 03-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #523
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Now that would be awesome.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #524
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It's not meaningless if the reaction of the fake out has repercussions. It shows SHIELD, Coulson, and Fury as duplicitous.

Can the Avengers maintain their bonds over being lied to in this way or would it tear them apart?

- CM Punk
Old 03-07-2013, 05:59 PM   #525
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Dun dun duuuuuun.

Closed Thread