Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #826
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Agreed, I liked the casting of Weaving as well, but visually a recast definitely won't hurt as much as Gyllenhaal, Cheadle, and Ruffalo. On the bright side, due to a weakly written Red Skull in CA:TFA, whichever actor ends up in the role will have the opportunity to really deliver a fantastic performance that surpasses Weaving's in the long run (a la Ruffalo). I just wish that Weaving was more positive about the role so he could take that opportunity himself. (It's what I wished about Norton.)
Hopefully if they bring RS back Weaving will still get a look at the script. If there's some meat there this time he might be more amenable to returning.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #827
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Hopefully if they bring RS back Weaving will still get a look at the script. If there's some meat there this time he might be more amenable to returning.
It could also help if a majority of the movie had him shrouded in shadow or disguised somehow (as long as it doesn't compromise the integrity of the character), so he wouldn't have to undergo the makeup procedure as often. I just watched V For Vendetta again, and it made me think of how simple makeup must have been for him throughout the production of that movie.

Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #828
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

lol Jason Bourne is up there struggling... also yay potential MoE!

where's Ultron going to fit into these next 2 phases? I don't want to wait til Phase 4!! lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #829
Ant-manic
Banned User

they could save money and cast Samuel L Jackson as the Red Skull. his facial bone structure is very similar to Weaving's. and he has the height.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1482866176/nm0915989
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2920134400/nm0000168

Old 04-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #830
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
^ THANK YOU. It's like Sam is the only one who understands this. In the comics they were never like Iron Man or Spider-Man who had their origins immediately explored, they were told overtime after they joined the Avengers and they hardly even involved Magneto, or being mutants for that matter, until 15 years after they were created.
....they were first introduced as members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. what are you talking about?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #831
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
lol Jason Bourne is up there struggling... also yay potential MoE!

where's Ultron going to fit into these next 2 phases? I don't want to wait til Phase 4!! lol.
I'm holding out that Ultron will be seen amidst the Avengers 2 conflict.

Maybe the first half of the film is Avengers vs. MoE but then in the third act Ultron becomes self-aware an takes over the MoE by killing the previous leader (Zemo or whoever) and thats when QS and SW decide to leave and help The Avengers.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #832
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I'm holding out that Ultron will be seen amidst the Avengers 2 conflict.

Maybe the first half of the film is Avengers vs. MoE but then in the third act Ultron becomes self-aware an takes over the MoE by killing the previous leader (Zemo or whoever) and thats when QS and SW decide to leave and help The Avengers.
I've similarly been thinking that first half will be Avengers vs MoE and second half will reveal the true villain (who knows who or what that will be right now though haha)

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #833
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I've similarly been thinking that first half will be Avengers vs MoE and second half will reveal the true villain (who knows who or what that will be right now though haha)
Well I think it's worth noting Ultron has led the MoE in the comics. It would be a pretty logical progression.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #834
crounsa810
Side-Kick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberators_%28comics%29

Could be a possibility?

Old 04-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #835
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Ugh, I hope not. Might as well call those guys the Axis of Evil.

If we're really not getting Thanos in A2, a version of the MoE seems likely, be here's hoping they get a new name in the process (or go without a name, kind of like Iron Monger, Whiplash, and Abomination). And no Loki. He'd be way overused at that point.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #836
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I would love to see ultron. Makes me wish ant man was before A2 .

Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #837
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I really don't understand how no Thanos as main villain automatically = MoE is likely. They would have no connection to the Guardians whatsoever, we'd have to deal with 5-6 villains on top of the 6 Avengers and whatever Guardians show up, on top of Wanda and Pietro, on top of Thanos working in the background still. It would be huge and horrible and exactly the opposite of what Joss has been saying he wants to do with A2.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #838
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
I really don't understand how no Thanos as main villain automatically = MoE is likely. They would have no connection to the Guardians whatsoever, we'd have to deal with 5-6 villains on top of the 6 Avengers and whatever Guardians show up, on top of Wanda and Pietro, on top of Thanos working in the background still. It would be huge and horrible and exactly the opposite of what Joss has been saying he wants to do with A2.
As I've said before, Thanos would be the mastermind behind the MoE and they would be doing his bidding

Old 04-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #839
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Mark Strong for Red Skull

Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #840
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
There's no indication that the Guardians will be in it at all. I fully expect them not to.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #841
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
There's no indication that the Guardians will be in it at all. I fully expect them not to.
And ontop of that, I wouldnt be entirely surprised if most of SHIELD sat this one out as well. They probably should eh? Maybe just come in at the end to clean up the mess?

Old 04-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #842
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
This. If anything, GOTG will just provide backstory for Thanos and establish his motivations going forward. I doubt that the Guardians themselves will be appearing in A2.

Though who knows. If the rumor of
a second IM3 after credits scene is true, featuring Tony heading to space to help the Guardians,
we could see them at some point in A2

Old 04-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #843
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
And ontop of that, I wouldnt be entirely surprised if most of SHIELD sat this one out as well. They probably should eh? Maybe just come in at the end to clean up the mess?
I highly doubt S.H.I.E.L.D. will be sitting A2 out, especially if the rumors regarding how Coulson will return are true.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is potentially a big source of tension in A2.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #844
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Looks like those Masters of Evil rumors were true.

Glad they are saving Thanos for A3. I feel like they would've written themselves into a corner having him so early. He's the biggest bad in all of the Marvel Universe. Would've been a bit silly to bring him in the second go around.

Having someone else in A3 would've made, what is probably the big ending to the MCU before a "reboot" of sorts, feel a little anti-climatic. That is if they didn't do Civil War or WWH in A3, but why cram those in now when they could use those for potential future phases?
Doesn't necessarily mean his climax is going to be avengers 3. The finale could be the finale of phase 2, could be phase 3. There are multiple things that can be interpreted. The one thing that seems for sure is that there will be multiple villains. Seems like we will get some sort of masters of evil type deal. Zemo hopefully...but maybe they all band together to fight thanos at the end

Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #845
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
I highly doubt S.H.I.E.L.D. will be sitting A2 out, especially if the rumors regarding how Coulson will return are true.

S.H.I.E.L.D. is potentially a big source of tension in A2.
I think that at some point we have to realize that "The Avengers" does not equal "Marvel Universe: The Movie." SHIELD gathered The Avengers. They were centerstage in the first Avengers film for good reason. Now they can be pushed off to one side. The only role they should play in A2 is a mild rivalry with Stark and The Avengers.

As far as Coulson is concerned, I wouldn't bank on his arrival purely because "he's still alive." He's got his own television show now, he'll get plenty of screentime there.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #846
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
As I've said before, Thanos would be the mastermind behind the MoE and they would be doing his bidding
This just doesn't make sense. I said in that very post one reason why this would be a bad idea, it's a cluster****, first of all. Second, it has nothing to do with cosmic Marvel or the Guardians, so it directly conflicts with what Gunn and Feige (especially Gunn) have said about GotG being very connected to A2, unless the MoE are just fodder for the first two acts before the "real" threat shows up in the third, which would be even worse.

Quote:
I fully expect them to be, given what James Gunn has said.

I'm just telling you guys not to get your hopes up (don't understand why you would but hey) about the MoE being in A2, because you're probably going to end up being disappointed. It just doesn't make sense. Could we see a 2-3 villain combo go up against the Avengers to cause havoc? Yes, that's what seems to be the most effective outcome from Joss said. But having 5-6 villains from the past films show up in A2? I highly doubt it.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #847
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
This. If anything, GOTG will just provide backstory for Thanos and establish his motivations going forward. I doubt that the Guardians themselves will be appearing in A2.

Though who knows. If the rumor of
a second IM3 after credits scene is true, featuring Tony heading to space to help the Guardians,
we could see them at some point in A2
as for the spoiler..please elaborate?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #848
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
as for the spoiler..please elaborate?
He's talking about that old rumor from Mayimbe that's pretty much 99% unlikely now.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #849
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
This just doesn't make sense. I said in that very post one reason why this would be a bad idea, it's a cluster****, first of all. Second, it has nothing to do with cosmic Marvel or the Guardians, so it directly conflicts with what Gunn and Feige (especially Gunn) have said about GotG being very connected to A2, unless the MoE are just fodder for the first two acts before the "real" threat shows up in the third, which would be even worse.

I'm just telling you guys not to get your hopes up (don't understand why you would but hey) about the MoE being in A2, because you're probably going to end up being disappointed. It just doesn't make sense. Could we see a 2-3 villain combo go up against the Avengers to cause havoc? Yes, that's what seems to be the most effective outcome from Joss said. But having 5-6 villains from the past films show up in A2? I highly doubt it.
I don't think they will be related to Thanos. But to say they simply AREN'T going to be there doesn't have anymore weight than saying they do. Joss essentially said there will be multiple villains, in addition to Thanos being there. It could be 2 or 3, could be 4 or 5. We don't know, I mean no disrespect with what I am about to say, I get you have a strong opinion on different subjects, but the way you present them is very condescending.

I think there is a very good chance there will be a few villains who are working together, but are NO WAY connected to Thanos., that's going on earth, Thanos is doing what he is doing, and than attack at the end or whatever.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #850
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

Agreed, that Thanos has no business fronting a villain supergroup like MoE. He's The Goddamn Thanos --- he doesn't *need* (or use) lackeys. Especially ones whose power levels are several thousand degrees below his. ("He's over 9000!" )

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread