Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #851
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
He's talking about that old rumor from Mayimbe that's pretty much 99% unlikely now.
ohh, wasn't sure if he was referring to something else

Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #852
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
....they were first introduced as members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. what are you talking about?
Seriously why do people say they weren't created as mutants its like the second time I've heard this. I thought this was common knowledge.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #853
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I don't think they will be related to Thanos. But to say they simply AREN'T going to be there doesn't have anymore weight than saying they do. Joss essentially said there will be multiple villains, in addition to Thanos being there. It could be 2 or 3, could be 4 or 5. We don't know, I mean no disrespect with what I am about to say, I get you have a strong opinion on different subjects, but the way you present them is very condescending.
I didn't say they absolutely aren't going to be there, I'm saying it's highly unlikely from where I'm looking. Like I said, I agree there will be multiple villains given Joss said as much. But taking that and automatically coming to the conclusion that that means MoE and there will be 5-6 villains from the past films showing up is just silly imo. There are a lot of villain tandems in the comics they can use that don't have to be MoE and are far more appropriate to use in a film featuring a cosmic characters.

Quote:
I think there is a very good chance there will be a few villains who are working together, but are NO WAY connected to Thanos., that's going on earth, Thanos is doing what he is doing, and than attack at the end or whatever.
That just doesn't sound like good story telling to me. He's going to have two completely separate plots going on in a movie that's already filled to the brim with characters? It doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Agreed, that Thanos has no business fronting a villain supergroup like MoE. He's The Goddamn Thanos --- he doesn't *need* (or use) lackeys. Especially ones whose power levels are several thousand degrees below his. ("He's over 9000!" )
I don't know about him not using lackeys, he used them heavily in the Captain Marvel comics.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #854
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Gunn saying GotG is heavily connected to A2 might be as simple as the Thanos connection. I really don't think any of the Guardians are in A2 at this point. It's already pretty crowded.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #855
Mr. Dent
Banned User

He said the characters in the movie were going to be in "other" Marvel movies and interact with "other" characters in the universe...and he said he casted Chris Pratt with him being able to hold his own on screen with RDJ in mind...right before talking about how connected the film will be to A2. Not hard to take the hints. Not to mention I really fail to see how Thanos gathering MoE will connect back to GotG at all. It doesn't make sense. And yes, I realize I don't know what the story is, but, literally, gathering the MoE itself would have absolutely nothing to do with what took place in GotG, meaning, as I said, they'd be using them as fodder, which would be even worse and disrespectful to what the team actually can be. And I doubt what they did with the Mandarin will fly with the MoE. Just illogical all around to me.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 04-30-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #856
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
....they were first introduced as members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. what are you talking about?
They appeared for about 2 X-Men comics early on as members of Magneto's Brotherhood, and it would be many, many years before writers would pencil in Mags' paternity. Instead, Stan and Jack felt Wanda & Pietro were better off bolstering the ranks of the brand new Avengers comic, and that's where they remained for decades before writers started creating the Magneto As Daddy angle and exploring the mutant side of the pair.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #857
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
Seriously why do people say they weren't created as mutants its like the second time I've heard this. I thought this was common knowledge.
It's not that they weren't created as mutants. It's just that aspect of their character is not as big some people make it out to be, and was only really made a big deal until the past decade with Bendis' events. Before that, it was the Magneto retcon that took place 15 years after they were created and members of the Avengers.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #858
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Hint: The High Evolutionary:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #859
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

It would really annoy me if they weren't mutants. For me, it would be like not explaining Thor's powers or saying his powers came from a super soldier serum.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #860
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I didn't say they absolutely aren't going to be there, I'm saying it's highly unlikely from where I'm looking. Like I said, I agree there will be multiple villains given Joss said as much. But taking that and automatically coming to the conclusion that that means MoE and there will be 5-6 villains from the past films showing up is just silly imo. There are a lot of villain tandems in the comics they can use that don't have to be MoE and are far more appropriate to use in a film featuring a cosmic characters.

That just doesn't sound like good story telling to me. He's going to have two completely separate plots going on in a movie that's already filled to the brim with characters? It doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know about him not using lackeys, he used them heavily in the Captain Marvel comics.
it's not good story telling to you. But maybe he sees it differently. If this IS the case, then OBVIOUSLY he sees something differently. I think it's a bit early to make that type of judgement. We'll see how it turns out. But I wouldn't completely write off a brief side story yet

Old 04-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #861
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Hint: The High Evolutionary:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
YES. This is exactly what I'm thinking as well, Sam agreed too. It fits with the Maximoffs being in the movie, would be appropriate for cosmic stuff, can tie into any range of forces working against the Avengers including Thanos, and makes way more sense to me than MoE at this point. Not to mention The Other (very possibly Chthon) is working with Thanos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
It would really annoy me if they weren't mutants. For me, it would be like not explaining Thor's powers or saying his powers came from a super soldier serum.
I guess it's your pet peeve, it just doesn't matter that much to me. They can change the source of their powers, I won't mind since they have to to bring them to the big screen. Other than just being comic-accurate, there's not a whole lot of added value to them being mutants though.

Quote:
it's not good story telling to you. But maybe he sees it differently. If this IS the case, then OBVIOUSLY he sees something differently. I think it's a bit early to make that type of judgement. We'll see how it turns out. But I wouldn't completely write off a brief side story yet
Yeah, I just don't like the idea and think it's unlikely.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:20 AM   #862
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

I certainly hope that the GotG aren't featured in A2, at least not to any relevant extent. I'm even hesitant about adding Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver since it will water down the screen time for everyone so GotG really seems like something that is best left to flesh out the coming threat in my eyes.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #863
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I think that at some point we have to realize that "The Avengers" does not equal "Marvel Universe: The Movie." SHIELD gathered The Avengers. They were centerstage in the first Avengers film for good reason. Now they can be pushed off to one side. The only role they should play in A2 is a mild rivalry with Stark and The Avengers.

As far as Coulson is concerned, I wouldn't bank on his arrival purely because "he's still alive." He's got his own television show now, he'll get plenty of screentime there.
Yeah, but do to how he's apparently "resurrected" in that show, its hard to believe that won't be the cause of tension between SHIELD/Coulson and the Avengers.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #864
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
as for the spoiler..please elaborate?
For a while now, there has been rumors that there is a 2nd IM3 after credits scene and in that scene
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Tony receives a transmission from space. The transmission is from Star-Lord who is requesting help and is clearly in trouble. Tony then builds a new Deep Space armor (apparently using Vibranium sent to him by an envoy in Wakanda) and flies out in space in search of The Guardians.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 04-30-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #865
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
For a while now, there has been rumors that there is a 2nd IM3 after credits scene and in that scene
Tony receives a transmission from space. The transmission is from Star-Lord who is requesting help and in clearly in trouble.
Tony builds a new Deep Space armor and flies out in space in search of The Guardians.
I actually wouldn't mind that at all. I understand everyone wanting the solos to be separate from the avengers but its just weird to exclude everyone in the MCU like they don't exist in the solos.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #866
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I think it's perfectly fine to not use the Guardians in A2. For one thing, not every solo movie character has to show up in the next Avengers. Dr. Strange, for instance, is something I see as standing alone. Same for the Guardians. It's great that they introduce something that's going to be used in A2, but their presence isn't needed in a movie that's already crowded as all get out.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #867
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
He's talking about that old rumor from Mayimbe that's pretty much 99% unlikely now.
Actually, that rumor didn't come from Mayimbe. However, he did report on it when it started to circulate online.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #868
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
Tony receives a transmission from space. The transmission is from Star-Lord who is requesting help and is clearly in trouble. Tony then builds a new Deep Space armor (apparently using Vibranium sent to him by an envoy in Wakanda) and flies out in space in search of The Guardians.
Really? Is this another Avengers type deal where us Europeans get stiffed with no 2nd after credits scene?

As for GofG, I wouldn't mind if they were in TA2 because if they were, I'd see their appearance as being late in the movie, thus I don't really have any fears of over saturation. I think it'd be pretty nice if they turn up just in the nick of time to turn the tide against Thanos.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #869
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Actually, that rumor didn't come from Mayimbe. However, he did report on it when it started to circulate online.
I know it didn't come directly from Mayimbe, people were speculating off of the Deep Space armor toy. But he was the first (and only) one to definitively say Marvel WOULD have a GotG end credits tease and that's when the thing really took off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
Really? Is this another Avengers type deal where us Europeans get stiffed with no 2nd after credits scene?
No, it's not in the movie.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #870
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:

No, it's not in the movie.
Can't say that for sure until IM3 releases in the states.

They could have withheld it until the american release, like they did with other post credit scenes.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #871
Mr. Dent
Banned User

It doesn't make sense for them to withhold a plot related reveal like that from 95% of the world, first of all. This wouldn't be like the Shrawma scene. Second, Marvel should have already sent out the film reels to movie theaters, if there were an extra mid-credits scene we would have heard of it by now.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #872
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
So could we get the Collector or Korvac in Avengers 2 instead of Thanos? Of course, both would be connected to Thanos in some way as well as the Guardians. I personally think Korvac can be as big a threat as Thanos. He killed the combined might of the Avengers and Guardians after all.
I hope they only use Korvac as a setup for A2/A3. He's too powerful to be a throw away 'Enemy'.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #873
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
Never really knew much about the Maximoff's before, so just did some research on them..

Looks like they have a history with Cthon, who the Other in the MCU will probably turn out to be. Could be interesting.
The High Evolutionary,Counter-Earth,Wundagore,the mid-wife cow.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #874
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Could it be? She's Russian (she's from that part of the country anyway)?

Old 04-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #875
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Hmm, some people have already pointed it out but Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver really have the same problem as the X-Men do in folding into this Marvel Universe. It doesn't really make much sense seeing as mutants are hated by society yet people like Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and the Hulk are seen as heroes.

There's really a big disconnect there.
It wasn't know for yrs that Magneto was their father so...........

Closed Thread